PDA

View Full Version : Pacers trade Ron Artest

ca2p3r
01-26-2006, 08:39 AM
Ron Artest has been sent to sacramento in exchange for Peja Stojakovic.

They should of kept artest...peja is injury prone.
:zzz:

gran turismo
01-26-2006, 10:45 AM
Good riddance to Artest! He was a constant distraction to the team who stood by him through all of his crap. Good luck to the Maloof brothers.

civicHB
01-26-2006, 10:50 AM
Sacramento should be able to get in the playoffs. They got better but not contenders yet

JordanEG6
01-26-2006, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by ca2p3r
Ron Artest has been sent to sacramento in exchange for Peja Stojakovic.

They should of kept artest...peja is injury prone.
:zzz:

peja may be injury prone, but the pacers arent going anywhere with artest. plus, the pacers need a perimeter shooter at the point.

Kirbs17
01-26-2006, 10:59 AM
I think its a good trade. Hopefully bein in Cali will straighten Artest out. Hes a good player, but too distracted

brettg
01-26-2006, 11:02 AM
i thought artest rejected the trade to the kings like 2 days ago, i wounder what changed his mind??

skandalz
01-26-2006, 11:10 AM
he didn't reject it, he wanted to meet with the maloof's before the trade went down. artet is just like T.O. but he gets his way.

He's a great player though, and sac is lucky to have him. but him and bonzi wells on the same team doesn't seem right. peja is an awesome fit for the pacers, as long as he stays healthy

DelSoln
01-26-2006, 03:09 PM
I think it's a great fit for both players as long as Artest keeps his head on straight. Peja won't have to lead the team in scoring while Artest can get more of the spotlight.

Mr_John
01-26-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by DelSoln
I think it's a great fit for both players as long as Artest keeps his head on straight.

unlikely
he's a bonehead

Bill Cosby
01-26-2006, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Mr_John

unlikely
he's a bonehead

:werd: :werd: :werd:

bigboom
01-26-2006, 06:10 PM
if i was indy i definetly would like this trade...sure you dont get an equivalent palyer but you get an outside threat who takes a lot off of o'neal inside. this may actually make indy a better team by stretching out the defence...

Jynx
01-27-2006, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by bigboom
if i was indy i definetly would like this trade...sure you dont get an equivalent palyer but you get an outside threat who takes a lot off of o'neal inside. this may actually make indy a better team by stretching out the defence...

I think Peja is just as talented as Ron, just in different ways...

salary wise this was the only viable trade for the pacers.

xin
01-27-2006, 03:00 AM
2 years ago, Peja was top 10 player in the NBA. He's young, he should overcome his injuries. He also gives the Pacers a lot of options cap wise after this season. With Wells and Artest, Sacramento is going to be pretty good defensively. Artest's salary is like $7.2 million this year, then $7.4, then $7.9, so the Kings get a lot of a player for that salary. If Artest plays well this year, then they can keep him, if not then they can trade him in the off season. Its a win-win situation for both teams. I just don't think the Kings will make the playoffs though, they are in a dog battle with Utah, New Orl., Minnesota, Golden State, and Seattle for the 8th spot.:dunno:

brettg
01-27-2006, 11:33 AM
Artest will do god in his new home, ive personaly always liked him despite his F**K ups. he was always talented and the right team around him could really help. i think its a good fit but i guess well just have to wait and see if he pulls the same old shit.

CKY
01-28-2006, 02:50 AM
I remember a year and a half ago I loved watching the Kings play because of the pace and tempo they play at, and all the pretty passing going around. Ever since the webber trade everything just fell straight to the shithole. I don't think this move is going to do much good either :thumbsdow

JordanEG6
01-28-2006, 10:42 AM
he did aright in his sac debut banking 15 points and 6 rebounds. i guess its a decent first impression, he played straight and pretty well.

pinoyhero
01-28-2006, 11:00 AM
Artest is a huge gamble, if it pays off the kings are back baby. If not, they just traded away argubaly their best player for a gy who's gonna play 50% of the gmaes because he wants to work on this rap album.