PDA

View Full Version : anyone know any good rehersal dinner locations?

abyss
01-26-2006, 02:58 PM
We don't go out to eat very often so we're having problems finding a good quiet location that's not TOO expensive where we can have a group of about 25 for our rehersal dinner and not be all separated at different tables. We thought about a couple of chinese food restaurants, but we're having that for the actual wedding and it would be gross two nights in a row. We're not too picky about what kind of food we actually eat, (ex, italian, greek, steak etc) although it has to be decent, it's more the atmosphere that matters. However Chinese food is a definate no as stated above. Any suggestions?

69cougar
01-26-2006, 03:24 PM

lastprodigy
01-26-2006, 10:26 PM
^ is that you in your sig :nut: :rofl:

Fez_turbo
01-26-2006, 10:35 PM
hey i went to a new place last thursday and its the coolest atmosphere.

its called

OPEN SESEME on macloed trail. its really nice and they have a really nice section that is open mainly for one big table. Its like your own private room and it seats like 20-30(approx).

if you walk in the restaurant its the one in the left corner plus its got curtains so you can close them and keep your privacy.

in the other side of the restaurant its got many booths and tables plus its got like 7 stairs and if you climb them it leads to another table that seats probably 15-25. Huge fireplaces in the center and really nice atmosphere.

plus the female servers are hot.:bigpimp:

Weapon_R
01-26-2006, 10:36 PM
The Metropolitan Grill has a separate and private room for larger parties (seats over 50 if necessary) for exactly this. There is no extra charge for the room but they expect that people are there to eat.

Fez_turbo
01-26-2006, 10:38 PM
oh forgot to mention the open seseme has this really cool meal. its only 6.95 and what they do is give you a bowl and you fill it with as many veggies, fruits, sauces and spices that you want. then you select from 3 kinds of noodles or 3 kinds of rice and they make the sweetes stirfries...

cheap and really good.:thumbsup:

let us know what you decide.

max_boost
01-26-2006, 11:06 PM
Open Sesame is a form of Chinese food...or very close to it last time I checked...

Fez_turbo
01-26-2006, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Open Sesame is a form of Chinese food...or very close to it last time I checked...

yeah your right just remembered i ate with chop sticks(well i tried too)...but its not all chinese (or japanese, or vietnamese, or mandarinanese???) its really good, but it does not feel chinese at all. you can always pretend its not chinese and let your imagination take you to places youve never been before

:rofl: :D

RSeXy
01-26-2006, 11:13 PM
What about Mother Tuckers? They have a nice salad bar!

lastprodigy
01-27-2006, 12:01 AM
joeys...only :poosie:

abyss
01-27-2006, 11:38 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! I forgot about the Metropolitan Grill, and Open sesame I'll have to think about, it still seems a lot like chinese food and that's a huge no no. I want our wedding party to enjoy the wedding meal not be grossed out cause they had chinese food the night before! :rofl:

Originally posted by RSeXy
What about Mother Tuckers? They have a nice salad bar!

This is the only place we have come up with so far, but we can't remember if they have the seating capacity to put 25 people together. The last time we were there we sat in a booth and they had huge wooden walls between them. Do you know offhand if they can seat 25 people together?

abyss
01-27-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Fez_turbo

plus the female servers are hot.:bigpimp:

lol, I just saw this. I'm all about the hot waitresses...:nut: :rofl:

hampstor
01-30-2006, 07:39 PM
I hear Pho Xuan is good :devil: