PDA

View Full Version : Like working around Cars?

Pages : [1] 2

danno567
01-26-2006, 04:02 PM
April 2008***
Dumb question on this site, but I am serious.

A local tire comany is looking for good guys to hire FT. Your not just going to learn about tires, you will be trained on mechanical too if you desire.

Good work, with the opportunity to advance. All training is provided, and to advance further and get paid more all you do is complete the training. We got a good crew, and are looking for a few more to make our team better. You need a good working history, and be clean cut.

Benefits are good, there is some sweet bonus's, and you get good discounts on tires, wheels, etc.

If your interested, simply pm me and I can get you pointed in the right direction.

Thanks!,

-D

If our SE location is too far for you, pm me and I can get you into one of our other tireshops in Calgary & Edmonton! Pm me for more info! So far I think we have hired 5 Beyonders, and we are looking for more!

I also have not mentioned the fact that many get hired and get promoted rather quicky through the ranks. As we open up more stores around town the need for managers, assistant managers, etc is needed. We provide all the training to get you there. So if you want to get into a company that is growing like mad, give me a shout!

hockeybronx
01-26-2006, 08:11 PM
If only this could have been here about 6 months ago... oh well:(

AllGoNoShow
01-27-2006, 06:34 AM
What tire shop?
Location?

Shoot me or post some more details, I'm interested and have a buddy who would be interested as well.

danno567
01-27-2006, 08:42 AM
I have sent pms to both of you.

thanks

-d

Sharpie
01-27-2006, 08:55 AM
by chance is there canadian before tire?

danno567
01-27-2006, 09:16 AM
HA HA HA nope, no crapytire here man!

do you think they would have a bonus system in place?

D. Dub
01-27-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by danno567
HA HA HA nope, no crapytire here man!

do you think they would have a bonus system in place?

Crappy Tire?

yup...based on how many unecessary repair jobs you can do :D

danno567
01-27-2006, 03:03 PM
yah i will bet. no we are a tire store and have mechanics for both heavy duty and light passenger.

we are looking for entry level guys who are good to get along with and want to work. We are not looking for slackers, or skids. we are clean cut workers who go hard, and make good cash.

like i said pm me if you are thinking of a new job or are looking for one.

thanks

dan.

3G
01-27-2006, 03:25 PM
I am looking for ajob can u pm me some info plz

sputnik
01-27-2006, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
If only this could have been here about 6 months ago... oh well:(

I thought you were going to be a firefighter?

hockeybronx
01-27-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

I thought you were going to be a firefighter?

Exactly, I'm about to start my training. However I would have liked this an automotive type job while I was going through the recruitment process.

topher91
01-27-2006, 09:51 PM
Looking for part-timers??

CHris

01-28-2006, 06:14 PM
Interested but not untill summer starts, would you still be looking? If so would you send me some details?

thanks!

black_radiation
01-28-2006, 11:21 PM
holy thread terrorism? anyways, Pm me benefits and location of it, im tech level 2 car audio with service tech exp.

Pm me details

fluid
01-28-2006, 11:28 PM
if they have a part-time slot open pm me more details

i already have pretty good mechanic knowledge as i worked as an apprentice over the summer

let me know thx

danno567
01-29-2006, 12:50 AM
thanks for the replys everyone. i have pm'd most of you and will pm others right away. i will see about part time positions.

Like i said we are looking for a few great ppl to join our team. If your high strung like some here, this is not the job for you. Its both customer service and service work so, being able to talk to clients is required.

Pm me with more info on your background work exp, etc. i am meeting with a bunch of ppl on Sunday to talk further about the pos. if you want to meet up on over by Westhills, let me know via pm.

Talk Soon

Dan

danno567
01-30-2006, 07:28 AM
Hey SLR sorry your experience was not that great. I am sure you have moved on to bigger and better things in life and I wish you all the best. Yah the videos are totally dated, we gotta get some new ones!

Anyways thanks for you input.

Originally posted by SLR
Kal Tire Eats balls.

The funniest part of working there is the fucking videos they make you watch... some asshole doing full sprint to do a parking lot greeting... then they take a still frame of him with his mouth open looking like a retard.

Or maybe when they did a sound over of "I went to the Danger Zone" when they video tape someone taking on the insane task of changing 4 tires on a car.

SLR
01-30-2006, 10:23 AM
Hey SLR sorry your experience was not that great. I am sure you have moved on to bigger and better things in life and I wish you all the best. Yah the videos are totally dated, we gotta get some new ones!

Anyways thanks for you input.

Actually I enjoyed working for Kal Tire back in the day. (High School)

I was honestly trying to see how professional you were.

danno567
01-30-2006, 11:43 AM
Just found out today about part time work.

We are looking for some partimers. the work load is a balance between learning car tires, etc and cleaning the place up.

Let me know if you interested and we can get the ball rolling. The partime opp is great to get you in the door and see if you want to advance to full time, or make some spare dough while in school, etc.

hours would be mon - fri afternoons , say some hours between 7am - 7pm, etc. Sat work could be a full days worth.

thanks

Dan.

danno567
02-02-2006, 07:45 AM
if you are interested in either partime or full time pm me, as I will be meeting with some people on sat in westhills for coffee to discuss the job, etc.

Thanks!

D

danno567
02-06-2006, 01:19 PM
interviewing for part time work, and also a fulltime office admin position, so if you know of any office admin people, or others who want a job in the shop let me know!

thanks

dan.

Lo)2enz0
02-07-2006, 02:50 PM
ok i am looking for a job except i have a really wierd schedual. I can work every monday, but every second week i am out of town for the weekend. But than i can work friday and saturday. on tuesday-thurs i am in school but could work morning shifts but school starts at 12.

pm me with any info

danno567
02-07-2006, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
ok i am looking for a job except i have a really wierd schedual. I can work every monday, but every second week i am out of town for the weekend. But than i can work friday and saturday. on tuesday-thurs i am in school but could work morning shifts but school starts at 12.

pm me with any info

sorry man. we do need consistant hours. Thanks though.

AllGoNoShow
02-08-2006, 03:02 PM
Danno's the man ;)

danno567
02-09-2006, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
Danno's the man ;)

Hey man, I cant wait for you to start. Its going to be a good thing. We have three new guys starting Monday.

I want more beyonders who like cars to work with us! So if your interested, pm me and lets hook up. What I want to see is a shop full of people who love cars and want to have fun working together.

GME
02-10-2006, 03:47 PM
What kind of office admin work are you looking to fill? I'm a business administration graduate. Could you PM me with some details?

danno567
02-13-2006, 07:32 AM
Pm Sent regarding office admin work.

Still looking for some good workers.

:thumbsup:

-d

trueno717
02-16-2006, 10:20 PM
very interested in applying pm me any info you hae (hours available rate of pay etc) only day i cant work is sat after 4 i can work in the morn on sat though and every other day anytime another question where is the actual work site located?
thanks! :D

danno567
02-19-2006, 11:09 AM
Trueno717 you have pm.

AllGoNoShow
02-19-2006, 11:43 AM
For anyone interested, I've been there for a week now its great, great guys, great bosses, work is fun. Anyone who is interested let Danno know so he can help get you guys in!

Bill Cosby
02-19-2006, 12:02 PM
danno pmd

danno567
02-20-2006, 12:51 PM
thanks AllGoNoShow,

As you know we want good guys to keep the place enjoyable to work.

Still looking for some good guys. Three hired so far, with two others who just finished their interviews.

Pm me if you want to work at a place with opportunities!

Thanks,

-Dan :thumbsup:

danno567
02-28-2006, 07:33 AM
Still looking for some good people to work. Pm me if your interested.

Office jobs have been filled, looking for shop people!

Thanks

-D

Bill Cosby
03-03-2006, 02:58 PM
let me know when you need office :thumbsup:

Tha VZA
03-05-2006, 08:31 PM
For anyone interested, I've been there for a week now its great, great guys, great bosses, work is fun. Anyone who is interested let Danno know so he can help get you guys in!

Yeah me too...started there this week...everything's all good can't complain at all...i love it!!!

ciao

AllGoNoShow
03-06-2006, 01:56 AM
Who the hell are u? :P

Find me tomorrow sometime, car side or truck side? I'm James btw.

danno567
03-06-2006, 07:41 AM
james thats victor man. VOLVO for life -- didnt you know?

Anyways looking for a few more people to work. Office admin is filled, but we have openings for a few full time and partime positions.

If you are at all as good as AllGoNoShow or Tha VZA contact me asap. These guys are awesome workers.

Tha VZA
03-06-2006, 12:13 PM
Who the hell are u? :P

Find me tomorrow sometime, car side or truck side? I'm James btw.

umm yeah i work later afternoon...i think i met you though :nut:

ciao

danno567
03-11-2006, 09:47 PM
two more went through interviews, one more for an iterview on monday / tues - we still need a few more!!

Vietsta
03-11-2006, 09:49 PM
man i would work if it was part time becuase i am still schooling

Vypros
03-11-2006, 09:50 PM
You have something part time?

LudeRoca
03-11-2006, 09:56 PM
i went and talked to dan thursday nite and got an interview the very next day. Answerd some simple questions, did a lil test and now just waiting to hear back from them. Seems like a fun place to work.

Vietsta
03-11-2006, 09:57 PM
where is this place?

danno567
03-12-2006, 02:35 PM
hey luderoca, we hope to get you in soon! just waiting to hear the final word.

LudeRoca
03-13-2006, 02:52 AM
sounds good bud. and thanks for hookin me up :thumbsup:

antoniobeyond
03-13-2006, 04:04 AM
OMG, where do i start.

danno567
03-13-2006, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by LudeRoca
sounds good bud. and thanks for hookin me up :thumbsup:

Anytime man. I think I heard this morning that you are starting Tuesday?

Lookin forward to having you on the team man.

Anton
03-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Still haven't heard back :dunno:

Maybe didn't get it :cry:

Good guys working there though, so if anyone is looking for something like this, then this is definitely a good choice :thumbsup: ... Plus, there's so many lunch options around there haha.

Tha VZA
03-13-2006, 02:47 PM
^^^ yeah i know...i MIGHT i repeat MIGHT actually gain a bit of weight this summer eating fast food

:rofl:

prob not though :(

ciao

Freestylin
03-14-2006, 12:51 AM
DAN is truely the man! haha..nice seeing you today dude!..hope all goes well :)

AllGoNoShow
03-14-2006, 12:54 AM
hoolly shit alto fo u guys applied lol.

victor show me some of these boys tomorrow, u probably met them all already. As for everyone else, come tell me who uare, Im James, MOSTLY in truck side.

danno567
03-14-2006, 06:12 AM
anton-
they are just waiting to hear back about the survey you filled out, thats all!

i think it will be GREAT to have you on man!

they will contact you soon.

thanks!

Dan

Originally posted by Anton
Still haven't heard back :dunno:

Maybe didn't get it :cry:

Good guys working there though, so if anyone is looking for something like this, then this is definitely a good choice :thumbsup: ... Plus, there's so many lunch options around there haha.

danno567
03-14-2006, 06:13 AM
this will be a big beyonders work place soon!

keep on contacting me if your interested.

ALSO* I have slots open for some warehouse tire retread plant work too! So if retail isnt your thing, you can get in on the retread side*

danno567
03-14-2006, 08:36 AM
It was great meeting with you on the weekend man, and I cant wait for you to get hired. I think you will be an awesome asset to the company!!

Did you see any good wheels in the showroom you plan to buy with your staff discount if you get hired? I will probably hear back from your survey around friday, but may call you monday or so. I will keep checking up and seeing whats up with your status bud!

Originally posted by Freestylin
DAN is truely the man! haha..nice seeing you today dude!..hope all goes well :)

Anton
03-14-2006, 03:15 PM
anton-
they are just waiting to hear back about the survey you filled out, thats all!

i think it will be GREAT to have you on man!

they will contact you soon.

thanks!

Dan

Sweet! Hope I get it, would be fun working there I think.

LudeRoca
03-14-2006, 03:24 PM
nice i start on monday. See ya guys at work! :clap:

danno567
03-14-2006, 04:44 PM
WOOOT!

CONGRATS MAN!!!!!!!!!!

ANOTHER BEYONDER UP AN ATTER! I CANT WAIT TILL YOU GET YOUR BONUS CHEQUE AFTER ONE YEAR BUD!

nice i start on monday. See ya guys at work! :clap:

JO-WN4GE
03-14-2006, 09:26 PM
What kind of wages does kal tire offer for a 2nd year apprentice technician??? and what kind of bonus's can I look forward to besides changing my own tires and getting tires @ no mark up???

Freestylin
03-14-2006, 10:08 PM
Ohhh yeah...the first thing i said to Vern was like "whoa man...this store has some nice wheels" haha

It was great meeting with you on the weekend man, and I cant wait for you to get hired. I think you will be an awesome asset to the company!!

Did you see any good wheels in the showroom you plan to buy with your staff discount if you get hired? I will probably hear back from your survey around friday, but may call you monday or so. I will keep checking up and seeing whats up with your status bud!

danno567
03-14-2006, 11:07 PM
i think your in bc buddy. we are looking for calgarians. However, pm me with your resume and I can get you in touch with a store in Edmonton.

thanks anyways!

-d

Originally posted by JO-WN4GE
What kind of wages does kal tire offer for a 2nd year apprentice technician??? and what kind of bonus's can I look forward to besides changing my own tires and getting tires @ no mark up???

Tha VZA
03-15-2006, 12:27 AM
victor show me some of these boys tomorrow, u probably met them all already. As for everyone else, come tell me who uare, Im James, MOSTLY in truck side.

viKtor...come on james...the uniform company spelled it wrong do you have to as well???

:angel:

and James is always on the car shop side slacking and eating food so yeah any new guys look for the guy who doesnt stop eating...and "works" truck side

;) :rofl:

umm...whoever is new...come say hi in the car shop....look for a tall guy in a toque who looks like he runs show (cause i do, RIGHT DANNY!!! SQUEAL LIKE A PIG BWOY!!!!!)...that's me...

ciao

AllGoNoShow
03-15-2006, 01:03 AM
bahahhaa ur full of shit viktor :P

im going to sleep now :D

danno567
03-15-2006, 05:40 AM
TRUE.

Victor can run a show....
lol

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

LudeRoca
03-16-2006, 11:19 PM
so who all on this site works there???

danno567
03-17-2006, 08:26 AM
There is going to be quite a few man!

See you Monday!

danno567
03-17-2006, 08:34 AM
viesta - shoot me a pm with your hours you can work.

thanks

dan

Freestylin
03-17-2006, 05:24 PM
so who all on this site works there???

uumm..i might..but im not sure..lol..i haven't gotten any feedback yet.. :(

danno567
03-20-2006, 11:41 AM
still looking for a few more ppl to join!

pm me. I can get you hooked up in Calgary / Edmonton and BC

danno567
03-20-2006, 12:03 PM
Raymond call me at the store or pm me

thanks!

dan.

Anton
03-20-2006, 04:42 PM
Sweet, I start tomorrow!

Looking forward to working with all of you, say "Hi!" to me, look for a guy that doesn't know what he's doing :D

LudeRoca
03-20-2006, 08:13 PM
i had my first day there today. Start off by doing paper work and some online training. After lunch you get a tour and then you get to get your hand dirty. Did some tire rotations and stuff like that. Pretty fun environment.

AllGoNoShow
03-20-2006, 08:16 PM
Anton theirs alot of that for the first little bit, no worries though bud!

If any of the new guys got questions make sur eyou ask Dan or someone up front, don't get screwed over because you didn't ask.

dubious
03-20-2006, 08:24 PM
interested but are there any positions for apprentices?

AllGoNoShow
03-20-2006, 08:26 PM
Yup there sure is :) Shoot dan your Resume and current contact number!

danno567
03-21-2006, 07:52 AM
Thanks James.

Guys James is right. Come see me or any of the front staff if you have questions about ANYTHING. You always want to make sure safety is first, and that we enjoy the time we spend at work. Like any job we got to get the work done, and done well but we also want noone getting hurt.

Anton, if you dont know what to do, or there isnt any cars to work on, the first thing to do is ask your supervisor what can you do next. They love that and it just shows that your there to work, and get ahead. If you have any questions or need me to help you with some training, ask me anytime! I will set time aside and give you a hand.

Anton theirs alot of that for the first little bit, no worries though bud!

If any of the new guys got questions make sur eyou ask Dan or someone up front, don't get screwed over because you didn't ask.

danno567
03-21-2006, 07:53 AM
Jass, you did AWESOME yesterday man! Keep it up! Just keep asking questions and if we are slow, grab a broom and start cleaning up and keep our shop spotless!

Remember to ALWAYS use your ear and eye protection too man. Its serious stuff and you want to keep your sight and hearing man!

i had my first day there today. Start off by doing paper work and some online training. After lunch you get a tour and then you get to get your hand dirty. Did some tire rotations and stuff like that. Pretty fun environment.

Tha VZA
03-21-2006, 01:08 PM
crazy how i might be 'senior' over a handful of guys already!!

Dan's right about the protection...certain situations make sure you use them...

ciao

LudeRoca
03-21-2006, 08:21 PM
thanks dan. Im tryin to learn the stuff as quick as possible. Everyone theres is nice. If i have any question people always there to help. Its not a job that you can just guess or hope for the best. I think the hardest part was using the tire machine. but im gettin the hang of it.

danno567
03-22-2006, 06:33 AM
dont sweat it Jass, it will come and soon you will be training the new guys! Just keep asking questions and take your time to do things right.

It will come trust me.

See you there today!

-Dan.

danno567
03-29-2006, 07:39 AM
Hey Ray, glad to see you yesterday! Congrats!

ecstasy_civic
03-29-2006, 10:49 AM
Just out of curiousity, or if I may have missed it.
Which location is this, im feeling the need for a change in my work life, something with steadier hours.

Freestylin
03-29-2006, 01:42 PM
Hey Ray, glad to see you yesterday! Congrats!

yeah man..it is a great place to work at...you just gotta work your way up :clap:

danno567
03-30-2006, 08:02 PM
your right ray, and it will happen fast man. just keep workin hard. go full time in the summer, or as soon as you can.

maestro
04-03-2006, 12:24 PM
I came upon this ad via my room-mate.

Simply put, I'm interested in the work and the training.

When you find a minute, please e-mail me at [email protected]

Shaun

danno567
04-03-2006, 08:13 PM
pm'd you Shaun. We are looking for a few more guys. Have hired quite a few so far!

danno567
04-07-2006, 07:49 PM
hey shaun when are you scheduled for an interview?

Anton
04-09-2006, 05:49 PM
Anyone looking at this and wondering what it's like or what kind of atmosphere it is, it's great. Good group of guys, fun work. Stressful at first but only for a little while.

Very nice looking rims and good tires too. Really hard to keep your paycheck to yourself....

LudeRoca
04-09-2006, 05:59 PM
its a cool place to work. Time flys like crazy. The management there is awsome. Only stress is learning to use the machines but once you try it you'll learn it quick. Im in car side but im reallly intersted in truck side. GOnna try to go there if i can.

danno567
04-09-2006, 10:05 PM
right on jass learn as much as you can on car side for a few more months, then when we are slow on car side, ask your supervisor if you can go help out on truck side and for sure they will love you to learn more man.

keep at it and always ask questions !

danno567
04-17-2006, 04:45 AM
Still looking for partime / and full time people to join. PM me if your interested!

danno567
04-28-2006, 05:18 PM
bump some positions still open!

tomt64
04-30-2006, 01:53 PM
Danno, I sent you a PM. :)

danno567
05-02-2006, 01:17 PM
pm'd ya!

SCHIDER23
05-03-2006, 10:39 AM
Pm send :)

danno567
05-03-2006, 11:52 AM
pm'd ya back schider23!

Lo)2enz0
05-03-2006, 02:36 PM
pm'd

danno567
05-06-2006, 05:25 PM
pm'd back

still need some more ppl! if your looking for a good job...

hoamic11
05-07-2006, 05:18 PM
hey are you still looking for ppl,

can you pm some info, thx

danno567
05-08-2006, 12:58 PM
hoamic11 - you got pm

Tha VZA
05-08-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by hoamic11
hey are you still looking for ppl,