PDA

View Full Version : small gym near westhill...

unfocus
01-26-2006, 09:00 PM
hey guys im looking for a small gym around westhills so after work i can go there and work out and get fit ....

i know theres golds gym but thats too big for me im just looking for a small one ... soo yah.. if u guys know any where near west hills please post... thanx

Roaring G60
01-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Canada Olympic park has one at the Bob Niven, quiet and the ppl there are there to workout not to chat!

unfocus
01-26-2006, 09:57 PM
is that by west hills i think COP is too far dont wanna go anywher north of wewsthills just around westhills ...ok well i guess i'll just searching this weekend...lol

Fez_turbo
01-26-2006, 10:08 PM
how about westside....its big but whatever, golds gym is really competitive..)(really big guys go there)

or even spa lady, on bow trail and 37th street...:dunno: just some ideas for places around that area.

hey you might wanna also check around sunterra,(its on 17th behind westside) i think there might be something small there.:D

unfocus
01-26-2006, 10:17 PM
thanx.. im also looking around the area in heritage, glenmore landing, and oakridge area more southwest.. south of glenmore reservoure..... sorry for spelling...

98GS400
01-26-2006, 10:20 PM
Another idea is the gym at Mt. Royal College. Just a few minutes from westhills.

unfocus
01-26-2006, 10:22 PM
ohh well how much for membership

pinoyhero
01-28-2006, 01:27 PM
Westside is great, there are a couple of pretty big dudes but they dont walk around like the own the place. Lots of great equipment and the price isn't bad for such a well maintained place.

JAYMEZ
01-28-2006, 04:22 PM
I work out at Westside everyday , great place!

pinoyhero
01-28-2006, 06:12 PM
Really, what do you look like, I probably see you there? Come top think of it I think i see your sti at times, its blue right?

DUBBED
01-29-2006, 09:48 AM
The only bad thing about Westside is the locker room, that's the most poorly designed piece of shit change room I've ever seen. So small and the floor is almost always a big puddle because of people coming out of the pool.

Gym is nice though, could use some more freeweight. :thumbsup:

steelo
01-29-2006, 11:49 AM
It's not like that upstairs.

JAYMEZ
01-29-2006, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by pinoyhero
Really, what do you look like, I probably see you there? Come top think of it I think i see your sti at times, its blue right?

White guy with a buzz cut , black puma track pants and usually a black shirt (Sometimes my beyond shirt)

^^ Ya upstairs changing room is nice :thumbsup:

Speed_69
01-29-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by 98GS400
Another idea is the gym at Mt. Royal College. Just a few minutes from westhills.
:thumbsup: Mt. Royal recreation is only 5-10min away from westhills and I find that it is one of the best workout facilities in the city. Tons of free weights, resistance training equipment, about 70 cardio machines, triple gymnasium, and running track. Not exactly the small gym you're looking for because it's kinda big considering it's fitness center is 13,000 sq foot but it's definitely worth checking out.

Mount Royal Recreation Link (http://mtroyal.ab.ca/recreation/)

DUBBED
01-29-2006, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by steelo
It's not like that upstairs.

$500/year extra isn't it?

steelo
01-29-2006, 12:43 PM
It's ~1K/year.

ryder_23
01-30-2006, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by DUBBED

$500/year extra isn't it?

It's ~1K/year.

Thats what he said..

I work out there to...

@lchy
01-30-2006, 12:36 AM
:thumbsup: for westside. I wish i was baller enough to change upstairs.. I have to stand in pee from the lil kids comin out of the pool but man, weekday mornings is M.I.L.F heaven:love:

5hift
01-30-2006, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by @lchy
:thumbsup: for westside. weekday mornings is M.I.L.F heaven:love:

I know I used to work out around 11 AM there daily last semester, and every weekday morning it was like Calgary's own Desparate Housewives up in their. Quite a few milfs dressed in the tightest workout clothes they can get their hands on, but all they do is chill and drink coffee.

steelo
01-30-2006, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by ryder_23

Thats what he said..

I work out there to...

Yeah, thanks tips - just added that for those who didn't know.

ca2p3r
02-07-2006, 12:04 PM
:werd:
westside...

~Leah~
02-07-2006, 12:48 PM
Hmmmm... I just got a job offer at Westside... maybe I should take it?

ca2p3r
02-07-2006, 12:55 PM
it has a great atmosphere..

steelo
02-07-2006, 12:56 PM
Do you have a degree in kin. or science? I'm under the impression you need a degree to work as a trainer.

~Leah~
02-07-2006, 02:31 PM
In my 4th year of Kines yes, and have been a personal trainer for almost 2 years. That and I just found out my long lost cousin works there and wants to give me a job

5hift
02-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
Hmmmm... I just got a job offer at Westside... maybe I should take it?

I think you should, but it kinda depends on what you would be doing. If its as a trainer, then for sure. Great atmosphere, brand new facility (probably one of Calgary's best), clients for you guys are usually old rich people. Theres not too many punk kids or super hardcore power lifters and its too big to feel crowded, with the expection of the change rooms. Plus from what I see, usually all the trainers just chill out in a office talking to one another for half their shift, so it would probably be easy money.

JAYMEZ
02-07-2006, 04:51 PM
^^ I agree , it would be easy money , and a good place to live ! Might as well try it out!

joyridder
02-07-2006, 05:10 PM
how about World Health on 37th and 45th?? (just down from Mount Royal)

steelo
02-07-2006, 06:28 PM
The only problem is the pay is not very good and if you're new you'll be getting the crap shifts nobody else wants.

5hift
02-07-2006, 07:23 PM
The only problem is the pay is not very good and if you're new you'll be getting the crap shifts nobody else wants.

do you work there as a trainer?

steelo
02-07-2006, 07:34 PM
No I don't.

~Leah~
02-07-2006, 07:42 PM
Then where are you getting your info from?

izzoblitzo
02-07-2006, 07:42 PM
is westside city owned or private?

I know the land is city owned... but wasnt sure if it was privately owned and land is leased from the city...

Kobe
02-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by izzoblitzo
is westside city owned or private?

I know the land is city owned... but wasnt sure if it was privately owned and land is leased from the city...

Pretty sure is privately owned...
the land is city owned...

00CivicSi
02-07-2006, 08:02 PM
My buddy works there as a trainer. He says they pay very good and lotta good looking mommies there. Heard it get's really crowded though during peak hours

izzoblitzo
02-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Interesting... Well... I know westside will get a C-Train station in 2014 (haha) but Im not sure if it will d-mark on the median (between west and east bound lanes of 17th ave) or the westside skateboard park..

During the morning, they have security gaurds that tell people not to park on the westside lot, and park on the park and ride... so that led me to believe it was private.. because otherwise, the city would have cared less.

They just gotta do something about the intersection of Springborough Blvd and 69th street though.. its impossible to get accross/turn onto 69th during peak hours.. the parking lot is full.. and there's cars trying to leave the place, but cant get out.

5hift
02-07-2006, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by 00CivicSi
My buddy works there as a trainer. He says they pay very good and lotta good looking mommies there. Heard it get's really crowded though during peak hours

:werd: on the good looking mommies, although for some reason I doubt that will be the deciding point for Leah if shes gonna work there or not.

It can be crowded in peak hours but it depends what your doing. For cardio machines yes, but if you actually lifting, then no. I can honestly say I've never had to wait to bench, squat or deadlift; what else do you need?

5hift
02-07-2006, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by izzoblitzo
Interesting... Well... I know westside will get a C-Train station in 2014 (haha) but Im not sure if it will d-mark on the median (between west and east bound lanes of 17th ave) or the westside skateboard park..

During the morning, they have security gaurds that tell people not to park on the westside lot, and park on the park and ride... so that led me to believe it was private.. because otherwise, the city would have cared less.

They just gotta do something about the intersection of Springborough Blvd and 69th street though.. its impossible to get accross/turn onto 69th during peak hours.. the parking lot is full.. and there's cars trying to leave the place, but cant get out.

Yeah Westside is private but they made the mistake of being right beside a park and ride lot. The lot always overflows and people try to park in the Westside lot. Its getting so bad that now security there have turned to writing down licence plates to see who has been parked there all day.

The one thing you have to love about Westside is how when there is no parking the soccer moms park their huge SUVs and leave them along the enterance making it impossible to get around them.

steelo
02-07-2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
Then where are you getting your info from?

I have friends that have worked there and friends that still do work there as trainers.

~Leah~
02-07-2006, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by 00CivicSi

Hmm, contradicting info...

steelo
02-08-2006, 12:04 AM
Well then ask what they pay and find out first hand.

Perhaps if you work as a personal trainer doing one on one sessions you will make decent money, but I'm assuming those jobs will go to trainers with more seniority. I'm not trying to seem negative but most of the tasks given to a regular trainer seem to be fairly perfunctory so I doubt the pay could be construed as "very good".

In any event it never hurts to inquire. Plus, you look a hell of a lot cuter than most of the other trainers so that alone would add value to my plus membership. :D Jokes.