PDA

View Full Version : Wondering if i can insure a car for a day

moe007
01-27-2006, 08:12 PM
hey guys I am wondering if you can insure a car for one day? and if u can how much will it be? I need to transport a car from downtown to my house but the car does not have insurance. Can i use my plate of my other car that is insured and put it on this car to transport it? or is it illegal. Anyone know anything. Let me know thanks

Fez_turbo
01-27-2006, 08:15 PM
you can do it if you wanna run the risk of getting caught or getting a hefty fine.

or you can call ur insurance company cause they all companies have different prices.

or you could ask A.M.A to tow it to the designated place, that could be cheaper:D

Anton
01-28-2006, 01:00 AM
Your insurance company can do a one day insurance permit. (Well at least mine can)

Or do what the TV tells you....e-surance!

WWJAI
01-28-2006, 01:11 AM
yah if you already have insurance...i think you can transfer your insurance onto another vehicle for a few days without having to pay anything extra

dieselpower91
01-28-2006, 01:27 AM
I just transferred the insurance from my GTP to an S10 I "bought" for a week at no charge. You can also use your existing plate/registration for 14 days from the bill of sale!

moe007
01-28-2006, 01:28 PM
alright but the car used to be insured can i just call the company and tell them to insure it for one day? if so how much does it cost?

Mar
01-28-2006, 01:44 PM
It's totally up to your insurance company. They don't have to do it, but most of them do to make you happy. We can't answer this for you, you have to call them and ask.

Goblin
01-28-2006, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Fez_turbo
you can do it if you wanna run the risk of getting caught or getting a hefty fine.

or you can call ur insurance company cause they all companies have different prices.

or you could ask A.M.A to tow it to the designated place, that could be cheaper:D

are you kidding me? towing is damn expensive. For example, from calgary to surrey, bc, it was $2k. Gas plus insurance = 250 ish.

big mooe
01-28-2006, 09:57 PM
I got a trailer i can tow it for u how far do u have to get i to