PDA

View Full Version : Hyosung bikes

bookem
01-28-2006, 10:03 AM
Did anyone else see the Hyosung booth at the bike show? Their cruisers looks pretty sweet and are way under-priced. I thought their sport bikes were mediocre in the style department, but i'm interested in how they perform and the picing. Anybody out there have any experience with Hyosung bikes?

eclipse00
01-28-2006, 11:33 AM
This is the first that I have seen of them, I guess that you could say that they are they Hyundai of bikes. They looked okay, but all were running V twin engines in them. Its not that hard to make a bike, but its hard to make a good bike.

ringmaster
01-28-2006, 01:40 PM
hmmmm i would stay away. you get what you pay for.

Phy
02-11-2006, 03:57 AM
The V-Twins Eclipse seems all down on, in the top weight class for Hyosung, they're virtually copied from 1st-gen Suzuki SV650 motors. In point of fact, Hyosung pretty much emerged from a schism between Suzuki and their Korean factory. Based on that, I wouldn't be surprised if they were similar in performance to the original SV's, minus some of the frame stiffness, as the Hyosung's frame is quadrilateral instead of the SV's triangular crossmembers.

Personally, as a supporter of weird bikes vs. the Japanese I-4 Hegemony, and a supporter of competition in general, I'm gonna pay close attention to how Hyosung review against the current SV and Kawi's new Ninja 650. I look forward to Hyosung driving a wedge into the market!

viffer
02-14-2006, 12:46 PM
Well I have no firsthand experience, but just from looking at them and sitting on their sportbike (I don't remember the name), they just don't seem to have the same build-quality as their Japanese brethren. I would compare them to Kia - new, cheap + lower quality, but the potential to be a huge success.

endo
02-17-2006, 09:25 PM
Until 2002 the company was called Hyosung Suzuki. Hyosung Motor Company was started in 1970 and by 1973 they were building and designing engine and components for Suzuki. In the mid eighties Suzuki bought the majority shares in Hyosung and ran it as a separate entity/joint venture. Hyosung infact developed the SV650 engine in conjunction with Suzuki. The two parted ways in 2002 and Hyosung snagged up the lead designer and engineer behind the SV, hence the similarities. The GT650 Hyosung actually makes more power than the older SV (albeit not by much) and has features like adjustable rider pegs, inverted forks etc. The cruiser has the same engine in it and has a top speed of 190km/h. They're pretty sweet bikes.

Oh yeah...

2 year unlimited mileage warranty:thumbsup:

endo
02-17-2006, 09:50 PM
http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mccompare/05_Hyosung_GT650_SV650/index.motml

Das_Amaretto
02-19-2006, 07:18 AM
line teaser link :rolleyes: :thumbsdow