PDA

View Full Version : Servicing info

redblack
01-28-2006, 11:47 AM
hey everyone
my gf just bought a used 05 RS
i just took it in for 18 k service this morning for pretty much an oil change and Fu*k , 70 bucks? holy shit thats expensive i can change the oil in the s14 for less than 30
since this is her first newer car, we wanted to know if i did the oil changes and other basic serviceing like fluid changes myself
without voiding the warranty. Anyone else on here do there own servicng?
thanks
Redblack

pitwipe
01-28-2006, 01:30 PM
^ I've heard of other subies owners doing their own oil changes etc. without voiding the warrant. But I think you need to keep all the reciepts for oil, filters, etc. Call your subaru service department and ask them for details.

That.Guy.S30
01-28-2006, 04:55 PM
you can do servicing yourself. what they do ask is that you write down the dates and km's and keep receipts.

i dunno why your oil change was so high. its usually 40-50 depending on what fluids the dealership feels like topping off.

spideywrx
01-28-2006, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
you can do servicing yourself. what they do ask is that you write down the dates and km's and keep receipts.

i dunno why your oil change was so high. its usually 40-50 depending on what fluids the dealership feels like topping off.

I am pretty sure they quoted you the price for a WRX (synthetic oil), and not a RS.

redblack
01-29-2006, 09:45 PM
ya, i call them tomorrow to find out about the warranty issue
thanks for everyones input