PDA

View Full Version : FS: 88 Volvo 740 turbo wagon w/rare 5spd

freakin
01-28-2006, 09:28 PM
I'm selling my Volvo wagon to make room for my new project. It's an 88 740 wagon. It's a very hard to find turbo manual tranny wagon. It has 260,000KM on it, runs great and just had a lot of work put in to it. The body's still in great shape, but the clearcoat is peeling in some spots. Lots of room for hauling parts, snowboards and people (seats 7). The best part is that it's RWD. This thing is a blast to drive and surprises a lot of people. It would make a fun winter car, daily driver, or something fun to take to Race City for some drifting. I was told that the rear end is Dana 30, so getting an LSD should be pretty easy to get from any 4x4 shop if that's what you're interested in. There's even factory LSD's that show up at PYP every once in a while. I'm looking to get $1,500 for it. Will consider trades for a clean Civic EF or EG hatch +/- cash depending on the car.

The car is fully loaded (except leather):
power windows
power sunroof
power mirrors
power locks
heated seats
cruise control
rear discs
ABS
driver's side airbag
rear jump seat (3rd row) that folds in to the floor

Mods:
3" mandrel bent exhaust
Volvo A cam (euro-spec turbo cam)
adjustable cam gear
manual boost controller
boost gauge
A/F gauge
MSD Blaster coil
MSD 8mm wires
lowered 2"
turbo sedan rear sway bar (wagons don't come with rear bars)
Open intake w/K&N cone filter

Recent maintenance, replaced the following parts in the last year:
wiring harness in the engine bay
distributor
HALL sensor (in the distributor)
spark plugs
AMM (air mass meter)
powerstage (ignition)
injector resistors
block heater

http://www.members.shaw.ca/matteakin/Volvo/sideview.jpg
http://www.members.shaw.ca/matteakin/Volvo/frontside.jpg

*EDIT* the tranny is a 4-speed manual with electronic overdrive, not a 5-speed manual as previously stated....I'm just used to calling manual trannys "5-speeds".

Makaveli2k
01-28-2006, 10:39 PM
I dont meen to be a hi-jacket but what kind of car is that in the background the black one?

supaj87GTS
01-28-2006, 11:21 PM
check pms

AJL
01-29-2006, 01:07 AM
how many kms?

Fez_turbo
01-29-2006, 01:13 AM
if you go to www.buysell.ca and under the cars section, then imports, then under the section where people post what they are looking for.

someone is looking for volvo's cant remember what year, but hes lookin.:thumbsup:

freakin
01-29-2006, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Makaveli2k
I dont meen to be a hi-jacket but what kind of car is that in the background the black one?
That's my Integra....not for sale though :thumbsup:

Originally posted by supaj87GTS
check pms
PM Replied

Originally posted by AJL
how many kms?
Ooops, sorry forgot about that, 260,000 KM.

Originally posted by Fez_turbo
if you go to www.buysell.ca and under the cars section, then imports, then under the section where people post what they are looking for.

someone is looking for volvo's cant remember what year, but hes lookin.:thumbsup:
Thanks for the head's up. I'll look in to it.

frepea
01-29-2006, 05:05 PM
pmed

4bier
02-01-2006, 08:57 PM
if so what kind

Speed_Dreams
02-01-2006, 11:54 PM
DAMN!! i want this car. i will trade you 2 bunged up turbos and a pack of Extra gum...spearmint extra gum :thumbsup:

freakin
02-02-2006, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by 4bier
if so what kind

Mechanically it's working great, nothing that needs attention that I'm aware of. The clear is peeling in sections and the hatch is flat black (had to replace it due to a smashed window), but the body's straight.

*edit* I forgot about the temp sensor. It's not currently working, but I have another sensor that I haven't found time to put in yet.

93hustler
02-02-2006, 09:28 AM
You have PM

freakin
02-02-2006, 07:47 PM
^^^ replied

To all waiting on pics. I should have them ready tonight, so I'll get them out when I get home or tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

freakin
02-03-2006, 10:21 PM
Sold the car this evening. :closed:

93hustler
02-03-2006, 10:56 PM
Damn!!!!!!!