PDA

View Full Version : safe parking at sait?

EG_Civic
01-28-2006, 10:22 PM
where do u guys think the the best place to park at sait?

jcrules99
01-28-2006, 10:46 PM
i usually park at the far one past the ctrain station.. or at sears parking lot, the only real safe one would be like right in the front entrance, but too expensive lol

EG_Civic
01-28-2006, 10:50 PM
front entrance $12.00!!

dj_rice
01-28-2006, 11:21 PM
I would advise never park in the underground lot beside ACAD, so many of my friends cars have been broken into there...

EG_Civic
01-29-2006, 08:05 PM
i always park in the jubuliee lot.. sometimes in the parkade

mac_82
01-29-2006, 08:10 PM
I parked in the ACAD / Jubilee lot for 4 years with my old civic and never had any problems.

WWJAI
01-29-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by jcrules99
i usually park at the far one past the ctrain station.. or at sears parking lot, the only real safe one would be like right in the front entrance, but too expensive lol

i park at the one past the ctrain station and haven't had a problem....p1 lot

danno
01-29-2006, 10:07 PM
what does it cost right now?? it was 4 bucks for the lot by the jubilee when i was there

wildrice
01-29-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by jcrules99
If you think sears parking is safe, you must be mistaken. Ppl get warnings and tickets when u park there. It is not hard for the security there to determine whether you are in the mall or go to sait.

Originally posted by danno
what does it cost right now?? it was 4 bucks for the lot by the jubilee when i was there

the acad lot is 3.75 I think.
The lot between john ware and crandel (9 bucks) is safe too.

EG_Civic
01-29-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by wildrice

back then it use to be $5 for like a month

Hamann
01-29-2006, 10:29 PM
I been parking in the 3.75 lot for the last year, never had any problems, don't know anyone who has either :dunno:

arian_ma
01-30-2006, 12:01 AM
Safe parking is a contradiction of terms these days

@lchy
02-10-2006, 11:46 PM
i park on the far side of kal by sears. Just watch for a fucker wearing a yellow jacket in a red nissan pickup. He is the ticket man. If you have the time, park, walk through the mall and off to school.

cman
02-12-2006, 11:37 PM
I've been parking at Sears all year, one $40 ticket so far.
However I've been double parked twice by morons, which was a huge hassle.

chris
02-12-2006, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma
Safe parking is a contradiction of terms these days
also known as an oxymoron

Lex350
02-13-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by wildrice

If you think sears parking is safe, you must be mistaken. Ppl get warnings and tickets when u park there. It is not hard for the security there to determine whether you are in the mall or go to sait.

I posted in another thread about this. The Sears security guys sometimes wait in a car and watch who parks in their lot and then walks to SAIT. They then make sure you get a ticket.

TrevorK
02-13-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by rotten42

I posted in another thread about this. The Sears security guys sometimes wait in a car and watch who parks in their lot and then walks to SAIT. They then make sure you get a ticket.

Holy shit - there's a Sears across from NAIT, and they do the exact same thing.

Shaolin
02-13-2006, 05:07 PM
I park at the 3.75 lot beside the ACAD lot and never had a problem for the past 4 semesters. I think it's safer to park near the road, and also you have to pay to get out.. and sometimes the bar gets jammed in the up position so you can just go without paying.

I parked at the parkade along 16th ave and got my deck stole about 3 years ago :thumbsdow

Grip172
02-13-2006, 07:07 PM
is it just me or is it getting to be a hassle more than a pride to own a nice car nowadays??

brettg
02-13-2006, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Grip172
is it just me or is it getting to be a hassle more than a pride to own a nice car nowadays??

Ya id have to agree with that, i always park at sears or at least near sears in the mall parking lot and i see some really nice cars in that lot that im sure go to sait, like some bmw's and g35 coupe, seems kind of risky to me.

Orbie
02-13-2006, 07:31 PM

It's always been a hassle to own a nice car, it's just that this is amplified when having a nice car and going to college with other poorer college students who haven't developed the maturity to deal with it. Really you run the risk of having your car broken into anywhere you park. I've noticed parking downtown though, you might think you have a nice car but there's a huge chunk of people that will put you to shame that park right next to you.

C4S
02-13-2006, 07:53 PM
SEARS ! :D

I parked there all the time .. but I was taking some evening courses .. :nut: just

Grip172
02-13-2006, 08:58 PM
i can't believe how some stupid people with like cadillacs park..me and a buddy were walking down town and this woman pulls into park her brand new caddy and she creeps up closer and closer to the little parking cement bumper stopper thing a mig and she keeps going..and going AND GOING and she dents the whole damn lower front bumper in, DAMN WOMAN, can't you hear that shit scrape or feel how far you've parked into ur damn spot?

some people make me sick:eek:

muse017
02-13-2006, 09:06 PM
if you know someone live just cross the street from sait, you can ask for visitor parking pass.

dreamchaser
02-13-2006, 09:14 PM
you can park by the arby's .. i had never my car towed from there.
if you got a special vehicle.. with good sound and the stuff... you can go little early and park insight of the parking booth in any parking..

JordanEG6
02-13-2006, 11:07 PM
i park at sears. greedy SAIT...im not paying 5 bucks a day for parking on a gravel lot where it could STILL be stolen, nor will i park in the front for $3.55 an hour. hahaha

EG_Civic
02-14-2006, 09:27 AM
so where does the sears security usually check? and when?

brettg
02-14-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by EG_Civic
so where does the sears security usually check? and when?

I find they only really seem to check right at the front there or in that whole front area, the one closest to sait, its so obvious that its all sait kids there cause it is to far from the mall and there are like a million spots close to the mall, the dumb guy in his yello jack walks around ad sometimes sits in his truck, u just have to be smart and move around a bit, sometimes park a little further back buy the kal tire and youll be safe, ive never been towed or had a notice on my windshiled.

EG_Civic
02-14-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by brettg

I find they only really seem to check right at the front there or in that whole front area, the one closest to sait, its so obvious that its all sait kids there cause it is to far from the mall and there are like a million spots close to the mall, the dumb guy in his yello jack walks around ad sometimes sits in his truck, u just have to be smart and move around a bit, sometimes park a little further back buy the kal tire and youll be safe, ive never been towed or had a notice on my windshiled.

any theft there? before?

brettg
02-14-2006, 10:17 AM
not from wut i have heard, but im sure there may have been in the past, but like i said no one i know or have heard of has ever had any problems at the mall.

LilDrunkenSmurf
02-14-2006, 01:42 PM
up by kal tire is safe... i think the one of the safer ones is the parkade for $6... a lil more, but safe
I only drive like 2 days a week... depending on how i feel, but just dont park as close as possible to sait and your usually alright... as @Ichy said, if you can walk through the mall, do it.

DC2
02-14-2006, 02:15 PM
ive been ticketed and towed from the sears/ kal tire parking lot.

only took them 55 mins to get it ticketed and 2 hours to get it towed. my remote was going off crazy in class. that day they towed 16 cars total. there was no warning nothing. just ticket and another hour later a tow..

funny thing. it evened out perfectly if i were to pay to park.

Grip172
02-14-2006, 06:28 PM
damn it seems costly to pay to park @ SAIT

i'll be insuring my car and driving probably 2-3 days a week to school, is there a parking pass i can buy and how much does it cost?

Fosgate R
02-14-2006, 06:38 PM
Yeah there is, but it dosn't save you all that much. I know for the jubilee, you can get one that only saves you 4 bucks (you end up getting one day for free). I park in the Sears parking lot every day. You just have to be smart about it, don't park in the front row (the one closest to SAIT). Park farther away.....and if you see a red or white van cruisin around, don't park there...those are the guys that watch for us!!

AND yeah....it is costly to park there....4 bucks per day, 5 days a week...say 4 weeks per month.....4 months a semester....approx 320 dollars for a semster.....not cool!!

brettg
02-14-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Fosgate R
Yeah there is, but it dosn't save you all that much. I know for the jubilee, you can get one that only saves you 4 bucks (you end up getting one day for free). I park in the Sears parking lot every day. You just have to be smart about it, don't park in the front row (the one closest to SAIT). Park farther away.....and if you see a red or white van cruisin around, don't park there...those are the guys that watch for us!!

AND yeah....it is costly to park there....4 bucks per day, 5 days a week...say 4 weeks per month.....4 months a semester....approx 320 dollars for a semster.....not cool!!

:werd: You just have to be smart, the people who park in the front row are just testing their luck imo, i no like 90% of the time you wont get towed but i dont think its worth it, i always park near the back of the sers lot buy the kal tire, it sucks to cause start at 8 every day so there arnt very many cars in the lot at that time, but like i said if ur smart and move around and dont get to close youll be fine, ive never been ticketed, warned, or towed.

elementone
02-15-2006, 01:16 AM
buddy just had his car stolen from the parking lot at sait..
id adice extreme caution

Grip172
02-15-2006, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by elementone
buddy just had his car stolen from the parking lot at sait..
id adice extreme caution

for f*** sakes. this is ridiculous

and i'm pretty sure the dudes at sears would recognize my car after a few days of parking it there

dam_guy
02-15-2006, 10:22 AM
No one will notice.
I've gone through one and a half semesters now and haven't been caught yet, not even a notice.
You just have to be cautious when you first park, but its pretty obvious spotting a guy driving around and writing down license plate numbers.
The only thing I would advise you is to try to park right up front along the curb, or a little futher down away from the crowded center lot, because morons don't understand how/where to park, and I've seen so many people being double parked this semester.

cman
02-15-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by dam_guy

The only thing I would advise you is to try to park right up front along the curb, or a little futher down away from the crowded center lot, because morons don't understand how/where to park, and I've seen so many people being double parked this semester.
:werd: I got double parked teh only time I have parked in the center area, had an obligation that night so I had to train/walk home and leave my car there until 1230 at night, I was soooooo close to smashing the individual's window and putting his car into neutral and moving it myself.

Foz
02-15-2006, 06:02 PM
There's so many cars parked at Sears parking lot near SAIT. They (management) got to know that they're students. Who would park their car there to shop at Sears or Northhill mall?

I'm not complaining, since I park there too. :rolleyes:

But if they wanted, couldn't they just ticket and tow every single car there? Or I guess they have to hire resources to watch and make sure drivers are actually walking to SAIT.

:dunno:

Regardless, the only incident I've seen is where everyone got a flyer notice on their windshield stating that this is their first and final notice as your license plate/vehicle information has been recorded and next time you will be towed.

Haven't seen that flyer ever since.

Grip172
02-15-2006, 07:37 PM
how much is the fine/tow when you get caught at sears?

jcrules99
02-15-2006, 08:26 PM

Originally posted by DC2
ive been ticketed and towed from the sears/ kal tire parking lot.

only took them 55 mins to get it ticketed and 2 hours to get it towed. my remote was going off crazy in class. that day they towed 16 cars total. there was no warning nothing. just ticket and another hour later a tow..

funny thing. it evened out perfectly if i were to pay to park.

if i recall correctly, the total came to about 120, when we got it from the impound lot

Eken9
02-15-2006, 09:04 PM
I hate the people who park along the main path in the parking lot (P1) by the Jubilee. I'm glad all those assholes got tickets two days ago. Can't drive out properly because cars are blinding the spots and once you get out half way to look at the main path a cars is coming and one of you has to back up because those assholes take up all the space and leaving only enough space for 1 car.

cman
02-15-2006, 09:11 PM

Originally posted by cman
I've been parking at Sears all year, one $40 ticket so far.
However I've been double parked twice by morons, which was a huge hassle.

SCHIDER23
02-20-2006, 10:34 PM
I usually park in P1 at SAIT and never had problems, but lately is gotten bad by that I mean overcrowded I get to school at 10:00am and believe or not is hard to find a decent parking spot :thumbsdow

saiyajin
02-21-2006, 12:34 AM
^ i know what you mean like shit last semester i have never had a problem finding a spot to park and now i have to drive to all the damn lots so see which one i can get into its frikin riduculous.... one time i went to school and all the lots were full so i just left and went home... i was not planning to skip but fuk it im not going to show up 30-45min late for class i might as well be better off skipping and its the schools fault hah :D
i think its the new winter semester students... dammit take the frikin cTrain!!! and stop taking up my parking spot bitches

and you know what really grinds my gears, its those fukkers that take up 2 spots in the parking lot they really should get charged double the price

LilDrunkenSmurf
02-22-2006, 03:38 PM
:eek: i'm a winter semester student... but i dont often drive... maybe twice a week, if i'm lazy

brettg
02-22-2006, 04:56 PM
i was waking through the parking lot this morning and the dum parking pigs were out driving around in a little shitty green sunbird taking down liscence plates, that guy with his bright ass yellow vest on, man i hate the people at sears, ad i never knew they had a green sunbird i always look for there van and truck so if u park over there keep an eye out

Grip172
02-23-2006, 02:11 AM
anyone know how many programs at sait run thru the summer semester, like mine does?

and i hope the gym is open!

brettg
02-23-2006, 04:57 PM
^ wut program are u in that runs thru the summer????

EG_Civic
02-23-2006, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by brettg
i was waking through the parking lot this morning and the dum parking pigs were out driving around in a little shitty green sunbird taking down liscence plates, that guy with his bright ass yellow vest on, man i hate the people at sears, ad i never knew they had a green sunbird i always look for there van and truck so if u park over there keep an eye out

im assuming sears parking?

Fosgate R
02-23-2006, 06:41 PM
About 30 vehicles got ticketed there this morning including me....40 bucks, but when I work it out, I only paid for 10 days parking assuming I usually would park in the 4 dollar jubalee lot...LOL. Instead of 80 bucks per month, I'm only paying 40..:D

dam_guy
02-23-2006, 07:21 PM
yeah, i noticed that prick driving around the lot,
so i decided to pay for parking today

EG_Civic
02-23-2006, 09:39 PM
^^ haha nice what car?

Foz
02-23-2006, 10:16 PM
About 30 vehicles got ticketed there this morning including me....40 bucks, but when I work it out, I only paid for 10 days parking assuming I usually would park in the 4 dollar jubalee lot...LOL. Instead of 80 bucks per month, I'm only paying 40..:D

who issued the tickets? CPA?

jcrules99
02-23-2006, 10:21 PM
haha tickets today!! i parked in reverse, license plate facing the road today hahaha i was thinkin to myself, its cold and the guy will prolly not wanna get out of his truck haha phew

brettg
02-23-2006, 11:09 PM
haha ya i saw theos pricks out today as well, i saw at least 20 cars with tickets, i parked way back behind the kal tire today cause i saw like 3 parking control cars when i pulled in today. i figured when it was snowing like this they would take it easy but no its like the exact oposite, they were out in full force.

The Cosworth
02-24-2006, 11:23 AM
If you go into the communities to the north (20th ave and the sort) there are sections that are not labled for a parking time, depends on when you come and go and how long your there, I usually go in between 16th and 20th and there are a few there for 2 - 4 hours and also 2 blocks of no signage at all. Takes me bout 10 min to walk to Riley from there. Parked down south of ACAD one day too, that was nice.

Fosgate R
02-24-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Foz

who issued the tickets? CPA?

City of Calgary

LilDrunkenSmurf
02-24-2006, 01:38 PM
hmmm.... couldn't you plead that you were shopping... or getting food... or even that maybe you work there or somethin? lol get a job at themall, just for free parking

cman
02-24-2006, 10:29 PM
haha my buddy works in the mall, parks right at the front, has got at least 10 tickets this year thrown out because of it:rofl:

Fosgate R
02-25-2006, 12:10 AM
how does one go about saying that he was just in thurr for food, and getting it thrown out? like who must I call?

jcrules99
02-25-2006, 01:07 AM
how does one go about saying that he was just in thurr for food, and getting it thrown out? like who must I call?

i would like to know that also

LilDrunkenSmurf
02-27-2006, 09:02 AM
:werd: i'm like paranoid to go to the mall to actually shop now :rofl: i'm tempted to sometimes stop and grab somethin before school, but what if they give me a ticket anyways... i mean they seem overly pushy and arrogant

Fosgate R
02-27-2006, 09:08 AM
They almost have to be. I bet ever since that mall was open, people from SAIT have parked there. Imagine how long people have been getting tickets....lol. But It's not like they really need the space.....silly bastards.

EG_Civic
02-27-2006, 10:39 AM
so.. who got into jubuliee parking today?? cuz i did haha

Fosgate R
02-27-2006, 10:41 AM
No, i'm at sears again...lol

trikypenguin
02-27-2006, 10:46 AM
all u need to do is park in the lot next over from sears and then they can't do shit cause its not their parking lot.....been doin it all year, not even so much as a warning ticket (i park in kal tires parking lot) and kal tire hasn't done anything either

Fosgate R
02-27-2006, 10:48 AM
Thats not true, you must be lucky, a girl in my class parks there like every day, and she's had a ticket, and got towed this year already.

EG_Civic
02-27-2006, 11:55 AM
isnt there a parkade at beside kal tires?

LilDrunkenSmurf
02-28-2006, 03:23 PM
here's a tip one of my teachers actually taught me:
park at the mall, walk in, buy some gum (or something else), walk to the school, keep the receipt... if they give you a ticket, show them the receipt with the time and date and they have to throw out the ticket, just say you were window shopping the entire day.

sounds fun, might try it

Fosgate R
02-28-2006, 03:24 PM
^^^^ Me too :thumbsup: