PDA

View Full Version : street racing in the news (again)

barbarian
01-29-2006, 04:25 PM
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060128/street_racing_060128/20060128?hub=CTVNewsAt11

Three die in Vancouver street racing accident

Updated Sun. Jan. 29 2006 7:24 AM ET

CTV.ca News

Three people are dead in Vancouver after a car split in half during a possible street race on Saturday.

Police suspect two cars were racing on the Trans-Canada Highway in the city when one car, a silver BMW, clipped another car and spun into a ditch. The BMW then split into two when it hit a power pole.

A veteran Vancouver police officer is calling the accident one of the worst he's ever seen.

"In my 25 years, I've seen a lot of bad collisions, but this one is quite something," said Const. Tim Fanning.

Police are looking for a second car that sped away.

With the gravel on the roads and refrozen meltwater forming black ice, this has to be a terrible time to be street racing, especially on winding roads.

Mr_John
01-29-2006, 04:32 PM
:banghead:

"The conditions were absolutely terrible, it was raining extremely hard," Fanning said. "It is very hazardous even if you're driving the posted speed limit never mind driving at a high rate of speed."

Fez_turbo
01-29-2006, 04:34 PM
they said it was not necessarily street racing. they only jumped to conclusions because of the previous mercedes race.

I have a strong feeling they were fooling around with their cars but not necessarily racing, expecially after they saw what happened with the other guys and the taxi drivers.....unless they are those people who always say "it will never happen to me":rolleyes:

its so sad to see this happen again, and i feel terrible for the mother and father who just lost possibly their only two kids....

CIVIC_MAN
take the racing to the track

handsomebassman
When will people grow up. This shit is for the track. Its my family and my girl out on the road, and their lives on the line when people are drivin around like assholes.

:guns:

lastprodigy
01-29-2006, 05:27 PM
It wasnt said to be racing yet, but they are still looking for the second car involoved that apparently sped off.

Goblin
01-29-2006, 05:54 PM
this is what i captured from the paper when it first delievered.

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6492/bmwcrash7zf.jpg

BerserkerCatSplat
01-29-2006, 05:56 PM
Wow. That car got annihilated.

Keep it off the streets, people.

Fez_turbo
01-29-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Goblin

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6492/bmwcrash7zf.jpg

ouch.:eek:

Supa Dexta
01-29-2006, 07:59 PM
funny how its been merc's and bmws (likely owned by their parents) yet the tuner crowd will feelthe consequences....

Fez_turbo
01-29-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
funny how its been merc's and bmws (likely owned by their parents) yet the tuner crowd will feelthe consequences....

NOT FUNNY AT ALL:banghead: :dunno: :whipped:

jk i agree..its kinda ironic.:rofl: :rofl:

Boosted_TL
01-29-2006, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by handsomebassman
When will people grow up. This shit is for the track. Its my family and my girl out on the road, and their lives on the line when people are drivin around like assholes.

:guns:

:rofl: What are you trying to prove? Are you not the guy who took me for a spin in your parents G35 and we were doing doughnuts in the middle of an intersection???

Way to put a front on for the Beyond crowd.......

Fuji
01-29-2006, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Boosted_TL

:rofl: What are you trying to prove? Are you not the guy who took me for a spin in your parents G35 and we were doing doughnuts in the middle of an intersection???

ouch lol

luv2xler8
01-29-2006, 11:09 PM
either way its a tragic lose and their parents will have to pay the price.... they will now have to live knowing they wont here their sons walk in the door for christmas or just to stop by and say hi.... I admit it my friend died doing somthing stupid but he made a mistake and mistakes are made so that others can learn from them..... so if it was street racing there you go if this dosnt clue you in it was ment for the track then mabey only a personal experience can

lastprodigy
01-29-2006, 11:50 PM

:werd: plenty of douchbags like him on beyond

Nissanaddict
01-30-2006, 01:02 AM
Yup. I hit a tree in my old 240sx. I was being a complete douche, admittedly. Needless to say, my driving habits have changed. Luckily nobody was hurt in my crash, and that was pure luck. The first people who came were walking a dog, and would have gotten hit by the car, or the tree I knocked over had the timing been very wrong...ironically, I was put on the other end of that situation a few years before....guess I had to learn it myself. When we on Beyond say not to mention street racing on here, we mean "don't mention it" and "it's a really good idea to not DO it either" as has been tragically demonstrated twice in the past week.

brandon
01-30-2006, 02:07 AM

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah, I haven't laughed that hard in the longest time.

It's soo true too.

But hey I will admit that I drive like an ass day in and day out :P I really could care less about the feelings anybody has towards me on the internet :P.

handsomebassman
01-30-2006, 02:19 AM

Warren, that was like days before i payed the buyout.
Btw, i saw you text brandon about how you were going to flame me in this thread. lol, sweeet http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/images/thumbup.gif

This is rediculous. Cant even say im against racing on the street on this forum without getting flamed. :thumbsdow

tapout
01-30-2006, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by Goblin

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6492/bmwcrash7zf.jpg :eek: :eek: :eek: :thumbsdow

infected
01-30-2006, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta

What's so funny about that? There are people in the "tuner crowd" that drive BMW's and Benz's too...

Tomaz
01-30-2006, 07:13 AM
Amazing that this happens this time of year. I was lucky in my incident, it is sad that people had to lose thier lives for these bad life choices.

SilverBoost
01-30-2006, 08:56 AM
People are dumb.

Shit will happen and because of movies like the fnf, cops will always assume that there are people street racing any chance they get. And will jump to the conclusion that that's what was happening anytime some kid crashes anything faster than a Festiva.

Looks like it's soon time for a new hobby. Won't be worth taking it out of the garage soon.

Boosted_TL
01-30-2006, 10:28 PM

Warren, that was like days before i payed the buyout.
Btw, i saw you text brandon about how you were going to flame me in this thread. lol, sweeet http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/images/thumbup.gif

This is rediculous. Cant even say im against racing on the street on this forum without getting flamed. :thumbsdow

:rofl: Just poking fun...... Sa'll good, im not saying it wasnt fun.

Why drive miss daisy all the time? gotta have a lil fun. I'm no angel.

Fez_turbo
01-30-2006, 10:57 PM
:drama: its mostly kids who finally get to take out a car after they get their liscence, and get to borrow their parents car. They get so ambitious that they do anything without evaluation..Thats why the GDL rule was probably put inplace, to make retest drivers and make sure they've learned right.

infected
01-30-2006, 11:09 PM
As far as I know Vancouver has a different program for new drivers. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Toms-SC
01-30-2006, 11:18 PM

:rofl: Just poking fun...... Sa'll good, im not saying it wasnt fun.

Why drive miss daisy all the time? gotta have a lil fun. I'm no angel.

:thumbsup: haha :thumbsup:

962 kid
01-30-2006, 11:21 PM
crappy news, condolences to the families involved

:rofl: :rofl: say it all you want, but noone gives a shit because you drive like an idiot even though you say you are against street racing. After you've been to the track a few times instead of ripping some donuts in the middle of the road (huuuge :rolleyes: ) maybe people will care what you say. but probably not

Goblin
01-30-2006, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by brandon

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah, I haven't laughed that hard in the longest time.

It's soo true too.

But hey I will admit that I drive like an ass day in and day out :P I really could care less about the feelings anybody has towards me on the internet :P.

Just rollin' down 17th, werd! but you let me in after being stuck behind a car turning left, unless it was your day off being an ass :devil:

Well the guy was driving a bmw so he must be a drug dealer, oh, and on a side note, who the hell street races with 4 extra people????

thats like... 600 more pounds!

95EagleAWD
01-30-2006, 11:28 PM
A St. Albert kid was killed doing the same thing.

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/cityplus/story.html?id=54c2999a-9b56-4cb9-996f-4f4f0c9d3198&k=11781

You should see the truck... it's massacred.

Slow down. :banghead: