PDA

View Full Version : Importing a Car

Frosty66
01-29-2006, 07:26 PM
Hey,
I just had a few questions about importing cars. I know a lot of them aren't landed yet, so if you want a car thats still over in Japan how long does it usually take for the car to get here from your first initial step? Also are they usually in good condition? Would you recommend it?

finboy
01-29-2006, 07:28 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/images/top_search.gif

handsomebassman
01-29-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Frosty66
Hey,
I just had a few questions about importing cars. I know a lot of them aren't landed yet, so if you want a car thats still over in Japan how long does it usually take for the car to get here from your first initial step? Also are they usually in good condition? Would you recommend it?

If you want quick answers just email christain at import concern. His email is [email protected]

AllGoNoShow
01-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Search + Email are your freinds here.

How long does it take? Well payments and transferring can take anywhere from a day to 2 weeks depending on methods. You then have to send the car to the next avalible shipping yard on the next avalible boat and since its a used car they arent on high priority for the shipping yards so you may be pushed back. Takes i believe 3 weeks once its on the boat to come here then get through customs *which is the next hassle sometimes*, they like to be bitches if u forget the littlest thing so make sure you got everything when u go to pickup the car, and do as much as u can ahead of time to prevent you from loosing it while waiting around.

Is it worth it? Well is it the car you want? Does it have the requirements for a car u want (mods, kms, specs)? Those are the telling points if it is worth not, not what our opinions are.

If I found a nice E31 or E34 and it was what I wanted and I coudl afford it, then yes I would bring it in as they aren't easy to come by over here for the same price for the options/milage.

J-Spec Imports is who I use and refer people too.

lastprodigy
01-29-2006, 07:50 PM
^good post i guess

But you shoudl really search this is brought up everyday

PorknBeans
01-29-2006, 07:54 PM
hope your gonna stay with the celica models. Gt-four is a great car :drool: