PDA

View Full Version : Some driving position is pathetic.

jaylo
03-08-2003, 03:42 PM
What's up w/ these people driving their car with the seat tilted back, head in the center of the car (body leaning to the right), and a hardcore look on his face thinking he's all that? Arms too short to reach the lever? Sitting so low that you can't see anything looking straight at the tach?

What do you guys do when you encounter people like these? I think it's pathetic to see people doing this tho most I see are young ass teenagers who drive a pretty much stock car.

mrmattyk
03-08-2003, 03:46 PM
I can understand tilting the chair back a bit for comfort, but the hardcore thug pose is pretty lame. All you can really do is look at them, and hope you weren't that stupid when you were that young (which most of us were). Just let punks be punks, because they'll grow up and realize how goofy they looked one day.

Integra Type R
03-08-2003, 03:47 PM
I point and laugh!!!! then roast them when I had the ITR!!!

nismodrifter
03-08-2003, 03:58 PM
obviously you haven't read the adventures of riceboy, leaning back makes you go faster:

http://www.riceboypage.com/adventures/10.jpg

Glowrider
03-08-2003, 04:15 PM
I just laugh to myself. It's funny.

XylathaneGTR
03-08-2003, 04:32 PM
Cause they be hardc0re gangsta's yo...
Jeez playa, thats just gatta be teh pose you strike when u drive.

I remember, there was this "Rough Looking Thug." driving and oldschool purple lude, reading what you described made me remember him.

ANother thing, there's this red 6th gen celica in town, Red/Burgandy/Maroon ish...its got a spoiler higher then the roof of the car, big fartcan, lowered, and ugly, its got like, velvet seats, and these 2 native chicks (not being racist here) drive it.
Everytime i see it, i want to die.

Anyone seen it? They also drive "hardcore thug style"

brabus190e
03-08-2003, 04:48 PM
well i can understand the leaning back...because for me...i'm too tall to fit in my car sitting straight up...so I lean the seat back a bit...but the thugged out look is just stupid

jaylo
03-08-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
[B]obviously you haven't read the adventures of riceboy, leaning back makes you go faster:

I have read and seen those images though its grammar and penmanship sux ass!

T5_X
03-08-2003, 05:19 PM
Black guys, they drive like this: do, do dooo doo (leaning back thug style)
But white guys, they drive like this: de dedede de (ass in the air and face up at the steering wheel)

Originally posted by mrmattyk
I can understand tilting the chair back a bit for comfort, but the hardcore thug pose is pretty lame. All you can really do is look at them, and hope you weren't that stupid when you were that young (which most of us were). Just let punks be punks, because they'll grow up and realize how goofy they looked one day.

But lots of ppl don't grow out of it. I always see mid life crisis guys cruising around in thier taurus's and minivans leaned back with the right arm down and the left hand limp wristed on the top of the steering wheel. :thumbsdow

GTS Jeff
03-08-2003, 06:07 PM
the gangsta lean is pretty ghey, but its not as bad as the soccer mom lean. like when u see some assplug driving with their face and shoulders 3 inches from the windshield and their hands are holding the steering wheel 11-1 right under their chins...

___2PaC___
03-08-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
the gangsta lean is pretty ghey, but its not as bad as the soccer mom lean. like when u see some assplug driving with their face and shoulders 3 inches from the windshield and their hands are holding the steering wheel 11-1 right under their chins...

:rofl:
True

That.Guy.S30
03-08-2003, 07:50 PM
yea im more scared of the soccer mom lean than the gangsta lean.. i feel like they are very nervous behind the wheel and can ram me any moment..

sexualbanana
03-08-2003, 08:44 PM
i'm upright, but i lean because i rest my hand on the shifter. . . and yes, my arms r too short to reach 5th. :D

Glowrider
03-08-2003, 08:47 PM
I always prop my left elbow up on the window sill (sp?), and steer with my left hand, unless I'm doing 120+ mph, then I used both hands.

szw
03-08-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by jaylo

What do you guys do when you encounter people like these?

I call 911. :rolleyes: Am I supposed to do anything about them?

I think it's pathetic to see people doing this tho most I see are young ass teenagers who drive a pretty much stock car.

But its okay if they drive a pimped out car?

I always prop my left elbow up on the window sill (sp?), and steer with my left hand, unless I'm doing 120+ mph, then I used both hands.

Ditto..but i never go 120+mph!

civic_stylez
03-08-2003, 10:06 PM
i used to have that problem but a nice set of momo racing seats corrected that problem in a hurry!! now i cant even shoulder check! yay for me.

Hakkola
03-08-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Glowrider

That's how I drive now, it's proper! I used to do tha gangsta lean, but not anymore.

gpomp
03-09-2003, 02:50 AM
Some people play Initial D like that...

girlRACER
03-09-2003, 03:46 AM

At Track Day, one of the driving instructors makes me sit like that and anyone elses car he sits in. It feels so uncomfortable but he feels that there is better control of the vehicle when sitting that close :dunno: :thumbsdow

jaylo
03-09-2003, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by szw

I call 911. :rolleyes: Am I supposed to do anything about them?

But its okay if they drive a pimped out car?

Ditto..but i never go 120+mph! [/B]

You don't need 2 call 911 I was just asking people what they think of it.

I don't think it is right wheter its stock or completely modified. Sometimes it just creates tension on the road.

Dj_Stylz
03-09-2003, 09:38 AM
they think they are "Cool"

GTS Jeff
03-09-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by girlRACER

At Track Day, one of the driving instructors makes me sit like that and anyone elses car he sits in. It feels so uncomfortable but he feels that there is better control of the vehicle when sitting that close :dunno: :thumbsdow geeez that makes no sense! that instructor is wacked! best position is to sit as far as u can while still being able to push the pedals to the floor with a slight bend in your knees and also a slight bend at the elbows..

sexualbanana
03-09-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by jaylo

Sometimes it just creates tension on the road.

if they were driving stupid, it might create tension, but i don't see how the lean is going to cause tension on the road

Ben
03-09-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
i'm upright, but i lean because i rest my hand on the shifter. . . and yes, my arms r too short to reach 5th. :D

you should never rest your hand on your shifter, causes' premature syncro wear.

Ben
03-09-2003, 01:11 PM

At Track Day, one of the driving instructors makes me sit like that and anyone elses car he sits in. It feels so uncomfortable but he feels that there is better control of the vehicle when sitting that close :dunno: :thumbsdow

Thats impossible, there is no way that the driving instructors you were out with at track day would tell you to sit like that.

szw
03-09-2003, 01:18 PM
I read you should sit far enough that you can put your feet completely underneath your pedals comfortably. Of course i've never been on the track so I don't know...heh

Hipermax_d
03-09-2003, 01:42 PM
my friend drives like that. he thinks its cool
his knees are bent like 90 degrees and right beside the steering wheel to make it look like he's driving a lamborghini diablo seating style

GTS Jeff
03-09-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Ben

you should never rest your hand on your shifter, causes' premature syncro wear. not only does it wear down your tranny...it is also bad cuz it means that u dont have your hand on the steering wheel. having 1 hand on the wheel vs 2 means that ure only receiving 50% of the feedback from the steering and it also means that your steering inputs are less precise when turning left.

Ben
03-09-2003, 03:46 PM
not only does it wear down your tranny...it is also bad cuz it means that u dont have your hand on the steering wheel. having 1 hand on the wheel vs 2 means that ure only receiving 50% of the feedback from the steering and it also means that your steering inputs are less precise when turning left.

thats also true, but in every day driving most people can manage with only using one hand. that and most peple do use both hands when making a sharp left.

girlRACER
03-09-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Thats impossible, there is no way that the driving instructors you were out with at track day would tell you to sit like that.

Why would I lie about something like that? :rolleyes: The driving instructor's name was Mike I believe. The one with the 2 M3's. Even Kenny was complaining about that too!

Ben
03-09-2003, 05:34 PM

Why would I lie about something like that? :rolleyes: The driving instructor's name was Mike I believe. The one with the 2 M3's. Even Kenny was complaining about that too!

I have no idea, but that is the worst thing I have ever heard.

like when u see some assplug driving with their face and shoulders 3 inches from the windshield and their hands are holding the steering wheel 11-1 right under their chins...

No one in their right mind would ever race a car like this, I dont even want to talk about it is so unbelievable. your instructor must have been on Heroin and Meth. I feel bad you had to endure such a driving experience if that is the case.