PDA

View Full Version : Ephedrine

sweetchariot
01-30-2006, 02:10 AM
Anyone here use or have used Ephedrine??.....I dont mean in an ECA stack, just straight.

Wondering about benefits and side effects.

jdmakkord
01-30-2006, 08:32 AM
Raises your heart rate, affects your appetite, fucks up your sleep patterns, gives you the shakes, helps you breath easier.......aside from all that, I wont ever use it again.

Ben
01-30-2006, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
Raises your heart rate, affects your appetite, fucks up your sleep patterns, gives you the shakes, helps you breath easier.......aside from all that, I wont ever use it again.

c'mon man, the shakes are half the fun! Shivering/convulsions burn calories :P

haha

Anyhow, yeah, as jdmakkord stated, it's pretty messed up. Was popular a few years ago, but there are better alternatives now.

Definatly want to stay away from it if you have a weak heart.

lastprodigy
01-30-2006, 10:22 AM
Itll definately intensify your workout.

00CivicSi
01-30-2006, 10:29 AM
It's just like taking a high dosage of caffine. April 2006 will be officially banned though only prescribed :thumbsdow

sweetchariot
01-30-2006, 11:48 AM
Thanks guys, I heard it can help you run for way longer..is this true, also if it raises your heart rate is it dangerous to run with it?

00CivicSi
01-30-2006, 12:08 PM
Well it gives you more energy like caffine (but stronger) and yeah it will raise your heart rate. As for running with it.... I personally wouldn't but I know alot of people who pops a few ephies and does cardio and says it's awsome.

handsomebassman
01-30-2006, 12:18 PM
i found the biggest advantage was how it opened up your airways. And it made me feel like i could go on for hours.

bspot
01-30-2006, 01:13 PM
Why not work harder instead of using a stimulant as the easy way out? :dunno:

EDIT: For those not on it for medical reasons

sweetchariot
01-30-2006, 01:23 PM
Training for a run, and seem to have plateued, been training hard but cant seem to break 5km in under 29 mins. I heard that Ephedrine can help you break plateaus (however the fuck you spell it), but incrasing air flow, but I was worried about the whole heart thing. Trust me I train hard, but after 3 months I cant seem to break this time. Getting V frustrated:(

R-Audi
01-30-2006, 01:24 PM
I wonder if sudafed will still have it as an ingrediant when banned...

Wildcat
01-30-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
I wonder if sudafed will still have it as an ingrediant when banned...

more than likely, its available over the counter without a prescription. and sudafed is in 50mg doses, an already banned amount (>8mg) but its called "psuedo"ephedrine hydrochloride, whatever that means... watered down ephedrine? :dunno:

00CivicSi
01-30-2006, 02:01 PM
by the sounds of it all ehphies will be banned including cold medications and 8mg also :( Damn government!

grocko
01-30-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by sweetchariot
Training for a run, and seem to have plateued, been training hard but cant seem to break 5km in under 29 mins. I heard that Ephedrine can help you break plateaus (however the fuck you spell it), but incrasing air flow, but I was worried about the whole heart thing. Trust me I train hard, but after 3 months I cant seem to break this time. Getting V frustrated:(

I run on a competitive team here in Calgary and have seen many other athletes use Ephedrine before a race, but never just as training tool.
Are you having trouble breathing during your runs or having problems with getting sore and muscle fatigue? If it's the latter of the two Ephedrine probably won't help much. If you are having trouble breathing however, try some short intense runs (ie. 600's at 90% max heart rate 10 times with 3 mintues rest in-between each). Hope this helps :thumbsup:

lastprodigy
01-30-2006, 02:18 PM
When is it gonna be banned? Should stock up...

sweetchariot
01-30-2006, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by grocko

try some short intense runs (ie. 600's at 90% max heart rate 10 times with 3 mintues rest in-between each). Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Been doing sprints, to almost max rate. Run for for 4 mins, then sprint for about 1 min - full out, then jog again. However I just cant seem to break that barrier.

I also want to shed another 10lbs to get a bit lighter, so I thought Ephedrine" was supposed to be this miracle plateau breaker. - Is it?

grocko
01-30-2006, 02:38 PM
Ever considered cross-training for a bit? Swimming tends to help me out sometimes :thumbsup:

1-Cent
01-30-2006, 02:59 PM
I wouldn't worry too much...

ecstasy_civic
01-30-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by 1-Cent
I wouldn't worry too much...

from the man who never worries:rofl:

1-Cent
01-31-2006, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic

from the man who never worries:rofl:

hey i was pretty lucky up until recently lol

ecstasy_civic
01-31-2006, 12:23 PM
just kidding buddy lol

I used some ephedra yesterday with my cardo:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

~Leah~
01-31-2006, 12:33 PM
I like this Amino Vital water... no ephie and it tastes yummy and has lotsa amino acids in it, I get more energy from that than I did from Tight when I was on that. I'm pretty much hooked on it. :angel:

ecstasy_civic
01-31-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
I like this Amino Vital water... no ephie and it tastes yummy and has lotsa amino acids in it, I get more energy from that than I did from Tight when I was on that. I'm pretty much hooked on it. :angel: '

Is this the new Propel:rofl:

downtownbrown
01-31-2006, 01:39 PM
I only used Ephi before some football games in Highschool....man oh man our coaches were PISSED off when they found out we were usin em' so we stopped after about 3-4 games :dunno:

~Leah~
01-31-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by downtownbrown
I only used Ephi before some football games in Highschool....man oh man our coaches were PISSED off when they found out we were usin em' so we stopped after about 3-4 games :dunno:
Regina? You must have gone to Thom....

And no it's not the new propel, this shit is actually good... I'll allow someone else to explain it

~Leah~
01-31-2006, 02:30 PM

And no it's not the new propel, this shit is actually good... I'll allow someone else to explain it

ecstasy_civic
01-31-2006, 02:36 PM
no i ment your addiction, nevermind:banghead:

~Leah~
01-31-2006, 02:39 PM
Haha I know what you meant. Don't worry, I still have my Propel addiction but that's only for drives to the mountains. Gosh, you should know that.

downtownbrown
01-31-2006, 05:59 PM

Went to Riffel! Grade 12 year we lost out in the City Final to Miller...:(

~Leah~
01-31-2006, 09:10 PM

Went to Riffel! Grade 12 year we lost out in the City Final to Miller...:(
Ahhh okay I didn't see your age till now... Usher sucked that year, didn't we? lol

There was a big hoo haa over Thom's football team taking steroids and ephies in 2001... so I'm sure your coach had a right to snap!

(Totally off topic but you obviously know Buchko then??)

nonlinear
02-01-2006, 06:16 PM

Wildcat
02-01-2006, 07:17 PM
^holy moly your cool

00CivicSi
02-01-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
^holy moly your cool

:werd:

ecstasy_civic
02-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear
we used to cruch up pills and snort it back in high school (muahahhaha)

take a couple/few pills and you get a slight buzz, your hair tingles, and then you feel like shit for a few hours after

http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/4364/120543951543ca7ef8cx.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
:thumbsdow

2002civic
02-02-2006, 11:31 AM
^BAHAHAHAHA

nonlinear
02-03-2006, 12:31 PM
read the original post punks

Anyone here use or have used Ephedrine??.....I dont mean in an ECA stack, just straight.

Wondering about benefits and side effects.

ecstasy_civic
02-03-2006, 04:24 PM
read the original post punks

Ok you prick, heres what happens.

The past week ive been using Ephedra STRAIGHT throughout my workouts, both cardio and weights.

I see my heart rate rise slightly on my partners heart rate monitor, nothing that concerns me, I sweat alot more and feel I focus better, quite possible its just the music or how im feeling that day lol

Its not as effective as using a complete ECA stack IMO, but definately noticeable.

Better numb nuts?:devil:

nonlinear
02-03-2006, 04:28 PM
what are you talking about? you were jumping on my back cause i responded to the original post

ecstasy_civic
02-03-2006, 04:38 PM
ABOUT SNIFFING CRUSHED UP PILLS!!!???

nonlinear
02-03-2006, 04:42 PM
chill out man,

i had no idea what an eca stack was so didn't realize this thread was only for gym bunnies

ecstasy_civic
02-03-2006, 04:48 PM
:confused:

ok

2002civic
02-03-2006, 05:21 PM
gym bunnies:dunno:

steelo
02-03-2006, 06:30 PM
chill out man,

i had no idea what an eca stack was so didn't realize this thread was only for gym bunnies

You are a fucking l - o - s - e r !!!

Go sniff some more pills roach.

sweetchariot
02-06-2006, 07:25 PM
Thanks guys.....well I tried it, no good. Made me sweat more, actually had a crapier run and was way more tired. For those of you who wanna lose weight, this is probably a great way to go. I was eating like a crazy mofo for my time on it and still dropped lbs.

ecstasy_civic
02-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Thanks guys.....well I tried it, no good. Made me sweat more, actually had a crapier run and was way more tired. For those of you who wanna lose weight, this is probably a great way to go. I was eating like a crazy mofo for my time on it and still dropped lbs.

Interesting, im pretty sure ephedra is used as an appetite suppressant :dunno:

How long did you use it for?

1-Cent
02-06-2006, 07:59 PM

How long did you use it for?

He probably didn't use enough like everyone else now that they made the pills 8mg max. People have this idea stuck in their head that a couple pills is considered a dose, which is true for say aspirin since the manufacturer makes 1-2 pills in the correct amount to be effective... back in the day ephedrine came as 50mg caps 99% of the time and you took two of those to get the desired effect which is equal to what... like 13 8mg pills lol it just looks like too much because of the # of pills but its not...

ecstasy_civic
02-06-2006, 08:04 PM
I have 25mg tabs:clap: :drool:

Still kicks my heart everyday:D

Wildcat
02-06-2006, 09:05 PM

its also used to cook crystal meth :thumbsup: , lol. nonlinear can stick that in his pipe and smoke it :rofl:

Hakkola
02-06-2006, 09:08 PM
:rofl: That's GOLD. :thumbsup:

00CivicSi
02-07-2006, 01:07 AM
it's not really an ppetite suppressant it draws blood from your stomach to larger muscle groups so yer stomach shrinks so u feel less hungry like when you wake up in the morning but you wind up eating more. If you used it for one day you probaly didn't get the full effect. Your first day on ephies are usually pretty shitty. You hafta use it for at least 3 days straight before your body is out of shock and can handle it. It's like drinking coffee, your first cup is always the best. The cups after doesn't feel like much

lastprodigy
02-07-2006, 05:24 PM
I agree with 00civicsi, i foudn that it makes you feel less hungry but end up eat more anyways because i know i am hungry and have sweated/worked more

downtownbrown
02-09-2006, 08:57 AM

(Totally off topic but you obviously know Buchko then??)

Sorry, didnt see this response originally lol, but ya, I know Buchko, he played on our football team! We usually catch up with a beer whenever he comes back to regina...I'd have to assume your in Saskatoon then? You might also know my cousin who is attending school their with Jordan, his name is Michael Bayda...if ya do, let him and Buchko know that I say hi! http://www.dakuda.com/smilies/beerchug.gif

~Leah~
02-09-2006, 09:59 AM

Sorry, didnt see this response originally lol, but ya, I know Buchko, he played on our football team! We usually catch up with a beer whenever he comes back to regina...I'd have to assume your in Saskatoon then? You might also know my cousin who is attending school their with Jordan, his name is Michael Bayda...if ya do, let him and Buchko know that I say hi! http://www.dakuda.com/smilies/beerchug.gif
Nope he's an old friend of mine... met at some Leadership Camp in the summer in high school... him and Dustin Kelsey came from Riffel. I'm in Calgary, so next time YOU see Butch, tell him I say hi

downtownbrown
02-09-2006, 03:21 PM

Nope he's an old friend of mine... met at some Leadership Camp in the summer in high school... him and Dustin Kelsey came from Riffel. I'm in Calgary, so next time YOU see Butch, tell him I say hi

Ahhh, okay, I will be sure to do that!

sweetchariot
02-09-2006, 04:07 PM
:hijack:

Maybe you guys should use the PM system!!!!!!!

downtownbrown
02-11-2006, 05:23 PM
:hijack:

Maybe you guys should use the PM system!!!!!!!

Awwe:cry: , you're right... but in our defence, this thread was dead anyways, but for all those who want to talk about Ephi, please go on....

http://www.dakuda.com/smilies/fan2.gif

sweetchariot
02-12-2006, 05:20 PM
:thumbsup: Awesome!!!, thanks for your permission, thats great!!!!:clap: