PDA

View Full Version : Technical Analyst

Khyron
01-30-2006, 11:52 AM
Medium environmental company needs a technical analyst/windows administrator who has two or more years experience. Provide technical expertise on server and desktop operating systems, along with basic network and office support.

You get a broad experience touching almost all network aspects, rather than adding and removing exchange mailboxes for eight hours a day.

Experience:

- Two years or more relevant experience with Windows 2000, XP and Server 2003 operating systems and Microsoft BackOffice products (Exchange, SQL Server, etc.)

- Rebuilding PCs/Laptops

- Network software applications such as imaging, backup, antivirus and management tools

- Desktop software such as Microsoft Office, Outlook and internet browsers

- Have a positive and helpful attitude and excellent communication skills to be able to communicate with clients and support staff at all levels

- Be able to work efficiently and effectively under pressure

- Strong knowledge of networking fundamentals

- Inventory tracking and documentation skills

Education:

Industry designations such as MCP, MCSE, CNE, or diploma from accredited institution. Extra experience can be considered instead.

Pay starts in the high 40s but depends a lot on type of experience.

Questions in thread or via PM. Not looking for students as you'll be 1 of 2 who are responsible for the network.

Email resumes to khyron@ nexus-point.net for now - this is a head start before position is posted publicly. Put "JOB: " in the subject line or it may be missed.

Khyron

EG_Civic
01-30-2006, 12:07 PM
is there any training provided.

Khyron
01-30-2006, 12:37 PM
Not for the basic stuff like building PCs, or basic network troubleshooting. But there are courses and onsite training for skills you are lacking. If you've never used backup exec, but know most of the other stuff you will be shown what you need to know, and can learn more during downtime.

That said, it's not an entry level position - you are expected to know most of the above.

Khyron

Ben
01-30-2006, 12:54 PM
Nice, this is almost exactly what I do now...Never a dull moment let me tell ya, haha.

Bump for a good employer, and Geoff is a good guy!

EG_Civic
01-30-2006, 01:42 PM
so is there only one dude managing the network?

Mr. Burns
01-30-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Bump for a good employer, and Geoff is a good guy!
Werd. This is my job, I have decided to move into a more specialized area. Great place to work, and Geoff is a great boss.

90Tegra
01-30-2006, 10:10 PM
hey man i think im the perfect candidate. i have been building, trouble shooting, ever since 13 years old(18 now). too bad its in calgary even though i'd love to move out if there is a good oppurtunity.

EG_Civic
01-31-2006, 08:30 AM
i'll be gettin my diploma in april for network engineering technologies at sait

sputnik
01-31-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Burns

Werd. This is my job, I have decided to move into a more specialized area. Great place to work, and Geoff is a great boss.

What area are you moving into?

eblend
01-31-2006, 10:31 AM
Can you please provide me with a little bit more information on the company? I need to compile a cover letter and would need to know who this should be addressed to.

Thank You

EG_Civic
01-31-2006, 10:33 AM
research!!

eblend
01-31-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by EG_Civic
research!!

Thanks for your input, I would gladly research but I am missing critical information such as the name of the company.

Mr. Burns
01-31-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

What area are you moving into?

Citrix

Ben
01-31-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Burns

Citrix

Nice, A fellow metaframe admin.

cept I have to do all of the above too :(

-System Admin
-Network Admin
-Security Admin
-Database Admin
-Telephony Admin
-Webmaster

No specialties.

Anyhow, sorry to whore the thread.

Like I said, Good company, and Geoff is the man.

Rafts and Drinks beer with the best of em.

haha

Khyron
01-31-2006, 11:27 AM
Posting is not public yet so ensure you send the resume to me as noted in the original post.

Be clear that network experience is key - you don't need to be an Active Directory master, but you should have experience with it, and know how things work. Exchange, SQL server - any admin experience on those is an asset as well.

Rafts and Drinks beer with the best of em.

Piracy on the Elbow, definately looking forward to next spring! I'm just happy we contract out the phone system, although I have to wear a programmer hat instead.

Khyron