PDA

View Full Version : Rear Brake Pads on S14

BloNdie
01-30-2006, 01:50 PM
I also manage to find an answer here, so lets give it another shot...

I needed new pads on my 95 240sx, we put the front ones on, went smooothly. Trying to do that back we ran into the problem of rather then pushing the piston in the caliper (??) back in, it had to be turned. Rented a took from canadian tire, but there was NO WAY it was going in. we couldnt get a good grip on it, therefore we couldnt fit it over the new pads.

Everywhere is about $100 to get the rear brake pads installed, but I know with the proper tools it would take like 30 mins.
The rotors are still in good shape, they're relitively new and undamaged, I'm not worried about getting them machined.

Does anyone have any tips, or know where would be a good, reasonable place to get them done?

Thanks!

stevieo
01-30-2006, 01:55 PM
ya get a better car.

Boost Infested
01-30-2006, 02:14 PM
yah get a pos sunbird :rolleyes:

pm'd

vietdood
01-30-2006, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by BloNdie
I also manage to find an answer here, so lets give it another shot...

I needed new pads on my 95 240sx, we put the front ones on, went smooothly. Trying to do that back we ran into the problem of rather then pushing the piston in the caliper (??) back in, it had to be turned. Rented a took from canadian tire, but there was NO WAY it was going in. we couldnt get a good grip on it, therefore we couldnt fit it over the new pads.

Everywhere is about $100 to get the rear brake pads installed, but I know with the proper tools it would take like 30 mins.
The rotors are still in good shape, they're relitively new and undamaged, I'm not worried about getting them machined.

Does anyone have any tips, or know where would be a good, reasonable place to get them done?

Thanks!

it turns, it just takes a really really long time by hand. the shop uses an air tool which makes it much faster. i got my brakes done at k&n on 17th. i think it was 130 or 180 to get my front and back done.

EK 2.0
01-30-2006, 07:48 PM
OR...take the cover off of your brake master cylinder...because of the excess pressure the fluid may not have anywhere to go...open the cap and viola...it should twist back in...unless siezed...

EstoMax
01-30-2006, 09:54 PM
yeah i used a pair of semi-needle-nosed pliers to move it in

no problem..