PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Willing To Install An Alarm for me?

Bill Cosby
01-30-2006, 01:57 PM
Just wondering if anyone would be able to take an alarm out of my buddies car and put it in mine?.. it has an immobilizer so obviously youll have to know what you are doing

and yes, i will pay for your services, if anyone is interested and qualified, let me know.. thanks

Pee_Sack
01-30-2006, 02:07 PM
well if you are willing to pay, why dont you take it to a shop?

then you atleast have some sort of installation warranty.

if installing alarms is anything like repairing computers, doing it on the side/after hours sucks because then anything that goes wrong is automatically your fault because you were the last one to touch it.

I onced fixed a computer for a friend of a friend kind of thing, anyways long story short, I put in a new hard drive and formated it, a month later his video card died and it was somehow my fault....

thats why I dont do on the side service for other people.

Bill Cosby
01-30-2006, 02:39 PM
mm.. smart thinking

well maybe there are some installers on the board..

that would do it.

i dunno.. just feeling the air

QuasarCav
01-30-2006, 02:41 PM
I'll give it a try!

GTS Jeff
01-30-2006, 03:27 PM
An alarm is only as good as its installation. Most professional installers won't do a 100% perfect job for you, so imagine what some backyard hack is gonna do...

The best thing you can do is bribe a professional into spending tons of time doing it WELL...bring lots of beer.

rc2002
01-30-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
An alarm is only as good as its installation. Most professional installers won't do a 100% perfect job for you, so imagine what some backyard hack is gonna do...

The best thing you can do is bribe a professional into spending tons of time doing it WELL...bring lots of beer.

Make sure he drinks the beer before the install. :D

GTS_Jeff is right, alarm install has to be done right. I prefer to know what's going into my car so I do my own alarm installs and save the money. If you take your time, it's actually not hard to do. Go to The12Volt.com and it'll tell you everything you need to know.

futurecivic
01-30-2006, 08:15 PM
i can do the install for you i work at futureshop as a bay manager for installs so let me know

Bill Cosby
01-31-2006, 12:26 PM
how much?.. is this barry?.. you did the install on my sub deck and amp in the summer.. thanks

Bill Cosby
02-02-2006, 09:14 PM
bump

88CRXGUY
02-02-2006, 09:58 PM
It would be better getting it done professionally..Think about it, a friend does it for 50 bucks, and screws it up. Then what are you gonna do, it would be the case you get what you pay for..