PDA

View Full Version : Volume goes Up when i Rev

Bill Cosby
01-30-2006, 05:50 PM
how come when i rev higher or stay above a certain rpm the volume of my music gets louder

i have an aftermarked Pioneer deck on there, tis really annoying

the only thing i can think of is as a security feature to not scare me of the sound the engine is making

:dunno:

i am unaware though :\

rc2002
01-30-2006, 05:53 PM
A lot of cars have a system that raises the volume of the stereo based on the speed of the car because as you go faster, wind/road/engine noise increases and you usually need to turn up the radio.

Never heard of it in an aftermarket head unit before though...

Seanith
01-30-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
A lot of cars have a system that raises the volume of the stereo based on the speed of the car because as you go faster, wind/road/engine noise increases and you usually need to turn up the radio.

Never heard of it in an aftermarket head unit before though...

Thats what I thought it would have been, but I too haven't heard of aftermarket stereos doing that.. i don't keep up with that sort of thing though. Who installed it?

djayz
01-30-2006, 06:51 PM
pioneer decks have a feature in which it adjusts the volume of the music to the noise level in the car. So by revving it prolly causes more noise therefore making the volume louder.

My deck hasnt been installed for a while so i forget exactly which setting it is but go through your settings and look something that goes from Low to medium low to high low to high or something along those lines.

Jonathan@TCS
01-31-2006, 11:33 AM
It is called ASL in Pioneer. AUTO SOUND LEVELING, just turn it off.

thetrousertrout
01-31-2006, 11:44 AM
while I too agree with it being the ASL that pioneer has, but just to be on the safe side, get your alternator checked as well. I had the same problem, and it turned out that my alt was failing, and only really provided enuff juice when my RPMs got higher.

WWJAI
01-31-2006, 11:52 AM
never seen this before..but sounds like it be fun listening to music while racing and reaching higher and higher rpms.

gggunit
01-31-2006, 12:01 PM
My G35 came with the same feature.. you have to turn it off manually or even lower the settings

GQBalla
01-31-2006, 12:18 PM
i would check the alternator also, my friend once had this problem and it turned out to be his alternator

Bill Cosby
01-31-2006, 12:21 PM
its the ASL

it was on

and i shut it off and no problem

i just got the car serviced last week theres nothing wrong with the alternator, thanks a lot for your posts though!