PDA

View Full Version : Acura CL Drivers?

Sims
01-31-2006, 12:23 PM
anyone else on here rollin an 01-03 Acura CL??

I got a Black 2001 Acura CL Type S. Stock for now :devil:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/simmonsdn/acura.jpg

lastprodigy
01-31-2006, 12:40 PM
*hint* Comptech makes some nice engine stuff for your car ;)

Sims
01-31-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
*hint* Comptech makes some nice engine stuff for your car ;)

hehe, dont worry I already have my wish list for the car which includes comptech headers and CAI. Supercharger would be ... a while down the road lol.

HRD2PLZ
01-31-2006, 01:03 PM
Not sure if there are too many CL's on the board, I know there is a handful (or so) of the TL's though.

4doorj
01-31-2006, 01:30 PM
those cars are sweet!!! not alot on the road

carzcraz
01-31-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Sims

I got a Black 2001 Acura CL Type S. Stock for now :devil:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/simmonsdn/acura.jpg

I've got an 01 Acura CL Type S in Sundance Gold.

The only exciting mod on the car at the moment are my PIAA road lamp bulbs (19224) and my Axis Mod Se7en's.

Congrats on your purchase! I'm lovin' my car

:drool:

Sims
01-31-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by carzcraz

I've got an 01 Acura CL Type S in Sundance Gold.

The only exciting mod on the car at the moment are my PIAA road lamp bulbs (19224) and my Axis Mod Se7en's.

Congrats on your purchase! I'm lovin' my car

:drool:
Thanks, I actually bought it December 04'
I also have the same PIAA Bulbs :-p
I love that Gold color, only seen 1 or 2 around town. when did you get yours?

carzcraz
01-31-2006, 06:45 PM
The PIAA's are a huge improvement from the stock yellow ones lol.

I bought my car in May 2004 with 33 xxx km's. It's now at 49xxx.

What's your mileage, and have you had any tranny problems lol. I recently got the jet kit (or whatever it's called) installed as part of my recall (but no tranny problems were diagnosed).

How are you liking the new RonJon kit?

http://ronjonwheels.com/clkit.html

Sims
01-31-2006, 07:00 PM
Yeah the PIAA's were the first thing I did lol, stockers sucked.

I just recently rolled over 100,000k had around 76k when I bought it.

no tranny problems, previous owner had the recall work done as indicated by the maintenance records. No problems with it since I bought it.

I'm likin that RJ kit, its pretty sharp. not a lot of body mods out there for the CL's

carzcraz
01-31-2006, 07:03 PM
Yeah there aren't many around, but then again the car is not meant to be riced out with chunky body kits and mesh.

I'm looking into getting some slotted Rotora rotors and pads for the car come this summer. I think together with my rims, it'd stand out a little more.

What are some of your plans with the car? Any rims/engine mods??

Have you checked out Acurazine.com?

:D

DuPont
01-31-2006, 07:08 PM

How are you liking the new RonJon kit?

http://ronjonwheels.com/clkit.html

Come on Cecilia, when are you getting that kit? I'm itchin' to work on it!!

I only have a busted-ass old 1st Gen. CL ('97 3.0L):(:cry:

Sims
01-31-2006, 07:39 PM
Yeah there aren't many around, but then again the car is not meant to be riced out with chunky body kits and mesh.

I'm looking into getting some slotted Rotora rotors and pads for the car come this summer. I think together with my rims, it'd stand out a little more.

What are some of your plans with the car? Any rims/engine mods??

Have you checked out Acurazine.com?

:D
your car certainly had some low mileage when you got it. Got a list of plans for mine.

-Tint - prolly 30%
-Icebox CAI
-Magnaflows #14832

-Rims - thinkin the FRD 95 model.
http://www.tiretrends.com/include/get_image.php?id=1863

-Swap headlights for the black 03 version (dont care for the silver surround)
-Factory style spoiler
-Add in a sub and amp to give the stereo a more complete sound.
-Ipod Direct connector for factory HU
-Comptech Headers.

Yup, I'm Sims on Acurazine as well. And as for the brakes, good plan. Mine were brand new when I bought the car but when they go I figure I'll get the Rottoras myself. :angel:

carzcraz
01-31-2006, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by DuPont

Come on Cecilia, when are you getting that kit? I'm itchin' to work on it!!

I only have a busted-ass old 1st Gen. CL ('97 3.0L):(:cry:

Lol sorry, I've really been putting this on the back burner. My bf and I have just moved into our new house a week ago and has consumed all of my time.

Having spoken to Ron, the kit is not due out for at least another two months or so. I'd love to get it though, as my car will definitely be unique here in Calgary.

BTW.... There are some gorgeous 1st Gen CL's out there as well (I've seen yours)

carzcraz
01-31-2006, 08:13 PM

your car certainly had some low mileage when you got it. Got a list of plans for mine.

-Tint - prolly 30%
-Icebox CAI
-Magnaflows #14832

-Rims - thinkin the FRD 95 model.
http://www.tiretrends.com/include/get_image.php?id=1863

-Swap headlights for the black 03 version (dont care for the silver surround)
-Factory style spoiler
-Add in a sub and amp to give the stereo a more complete sound.
-Ipod Direct connector for factory HU
-Comptech Headers.

Yup, I'm Sims on Acurazine as well. And as for the brakes, good plan. Mine were brand new when I bought the car but when they go I figure I'll get the Rottoras myself. :angel:

That's my problem as well....I only recently had my rear rotors resurfaced and purchased new pads 2 months ago.

I'd definitely recommend the factory style spoiler though...I was lucky as mine came with it. Another good option is the M-style lip spoiler.

Sims
01-31-2006, 08:38 PM

That's my problem as well....I only recently had my rear rotors resurfaced and purchased new pads 2 months ago.

I'd definitely recommend the factory style spoiler though...I was lucky as mine came with it. Another good option is the M-style lip spoiler.
yeah I just want a stocker... probably order one up from wings west one of these days.

HiSpec
01-31-2006, 09:17 PM
doesn't CL-S come stock with HID?

Drsuce
01-31-2006, 09:20 PM
my mom just picked up a 03 TL (not type s tho) with the triptronic tranny... very nice ride.... goes pretty good too!

whats the diff between the CL and TL? they look pretty similar

lastprodigy
01-31-2006, 09:24 PM
CL is the coupe Tl is the sedan, other than that same car/engine opttions etc. They stopped making the CL now though.

Drsuce
01-31-2006, 09:31 PM
dayam! that thing must have some MONSTER doors :D

hella :bigpimp: tho..

what kinda power can be attained with bolt-ons with the type s motor?

HRD2PLZ
01-31-2006, 10:08 PM

What's your mileage, and have you had any tranny problems lol. I recently got the jet kit (or whatever it's called) installed as part of my recall (but no tranny problems were diagnosed).

My tranny is junk. I fight with the dealership everytime the car is in for service. I didn't notice it at first, but its becoming pretty bad. When other people drive my car, they notice it. And some of my more frequent passengers do as well. I know Afrotl on here had his tranny replaced no questions asked at Northwest Acura though :dunno:

HRD2PLZ
01-31-2006, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by HiSpec
doesn't CL-S come stock with HID?

I think they are talking about replacing the bulbs in the fog lights

redevil
01-31-2006, 10:55 PM
mines a TL...4 doors...it is close enough! haha

Sims
02-01-2006, 06:36 AM
umm lets see...

yup the doors are long and heavy..
as was stated CL = Coupe - TL = Sedan.
Yup HID Standard.. Fog lights are what we put good bulbs in cuz dull yellow doesnt match up with HID to well.

And as for Tranny issues have you asked to speak to the dealership manager/owner? Becuase its a known defect so they shouldnt be complaining about fixing it :dunno:

afrotl
02-01-2006, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ

My tranny is junk. I fight with the dealership everytime the car is in for service. I didn't notice it at first, but its becoming pretty bad. When other people drive my car, they notice it. And some of my more frequent passengers do as well. I know Afrotl on here had his tranny replaced no questions asked at Northwest Acura though :dunno:

Guy are you still driving with your old tranny? You really should take it to NW Acura.
Sims: to be on the safe side take it in and get it checked that is what I did with my TL when i bought it. better safe than sorry.

Carzcraz: where did you get your rotors machined at and how much?

Sims
02-01-2006, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by afrotl

Guy are you still driving with your old tranny? You really should take it to NW Acura.
Sims: to be on the safe side take it in and get it checked that is what I did with my TL when i bought it. better safe than sorry.

Mine was a pre-owned certified Acura bought at Silverhill. Tranny recall was done by the previous owner in 2002.

afrotl
02-01-2006, 09:02 AM

Mine was a pre-owned certified Acura bought at Silverhill. Tranny recall was done by the previous owner in 2002.

Then you should be okay.

HRD2PLZ
02-01-2006, 09:09 AM

haha yup :( I know I should take it to NW, its just so far to go for service. Last time I was at Silverhill, the service was so "pleasant" that the Service Manager, General Manager and Acura Canada all got a letter from me :D Not that it will do anything, but made me feel better.

My salesman feels awful though, he knows no one in my immediate family will purchase another Acura...

viffer
02-01-2006, 09:44 AM
My bro just bought a 99 CL, looks like there is some good info in this thread, I'll let him know. Thx.

Congratz on your new car Sims. :D

Sims
02-01-2006, 10:08 AM
haha everyone keeps saying congrats on my new purchase.. dammit I got it in December of 2004!!! :rofl:

afrotl
02-01-2006, 10:12 AM

haha yup :( I know I should take it to NW, its just so far to go for service. Last time I was at Silverhill, the service was so "pleasant" that the Service Manager, General Manager and Acura Canada all got a letter from me :D Not that it will do anything, but made me feel better.

My salesman feels awful though, he knows no one in my immediate family will purchase another Acura...

I hope you do before you sell it....yeah Silver Hill Customer service is :thumbsdow ...by the way did you decide on what you are going to buy next?

Sims
02-01-2006, 01:17 PM

I hope you do before you sell it....yeah Silver Hill Customer service is :thumbsdow ...by the way did you decide on what you are going to buy next?

yeah I had a problem getting silverhill to fix my pass/side muffler becuase the previous owner backed into something and it was hitting the frame over bumpy corners.

they tried to tell me I did it until I asked to talk to the Dealership owner. Oddly enough she was "on lunch" and they called back 20 minutes later saying it was fixed.

funny thing was that I bought the car on a Friday - flew to Vancouver Saturday, came home wednesday and had the car at the dealer for the pip the next Friday.. so i drove it for 2 days and they tried to say I did it.

The the icing on the cake is when I talked to the user cars manager he started on about "well when someone buys a car from us 6 months ago we dont know what they've done to it etc.."
I was like .. buddy, check your sales files before you start talking shit becuase I bought it a week ago.

thats when I asked for the owner lol.

But honestly other then that I havent had any issues at silverhill.. the guy I bought my car off actually called me this Xmas a year from when I bought it to see how its working out.

afrotl
02-01-2006, 03:17 PM

yeah I had a problem getting silverhill to fix my pass/side muffler becuase the previous owner backed into something and it was hitting the frame over bumpy corners.

they tried to tell me I did it until I asked to talk to the Dealership owner. Oddly enough she was "on lunch" and they called back 20 minutes later saying it was fixed.

funny thing was that I bought the car on a Friday - flew to Vancouver Saturday, came home wednesday and had the car at the dealer for the pip the next Friday.. so i drove it for 2 days and they tried to say I did it.

The the icing on the cake is when I talked to the user cars manager he started on about "well when someone buys a car from us 6 months ago we dont know what they've done to it etc.."
I was like .. buddy, check your sales files before you start talking shit becuase I bought it a week ago.

thats when I asked for the owner lol.

But honestly other then that I havent had any issues at silverhill.. the guy I bought my car off actually called me this Xmas a year from when I bought it to see how its working out.

the sales guys on the used lot iare usually good but the Customer service after is very shady ask hrd2plz his experience with his rotors and other stuff...i for one has had a much better service at NW Acura it is worth the drive there.

Sims
02-01-2006, 05:54 PM

the sales guys on the used lot iare usually good but the Customer service after is very shady ask hrd2plz his experience with his rotors and other stuff...i for one has had a much better service at NW Acura it is worth the drive there.

lol thats funny becuase I felt the complete opposite when I was buying my car. When I went to NW Acura the salesman up there was mr. ironed suit pressure talker. I was like.. hey thats nice.. Your a dickhead lol :guns:

HRD2PLZ
02-01-2006, 09:20 PM
Silverhill sales was fine (I can't say ont heir pre-owned side because I have only dealt with them on new cars) but their service department leaves a lot to be desired. And thats probably an understatement.

viffer
02-02-2006, 09:19 AM
haha everyone keeps saying congrats on my new purchase.. dammit I got it in December of 2004!!! :rofl:
Well Acuras are pimp so congrats anyways. :D

HRD2PLZ
02-02-2006, 10:16 AM
by the way did you decide on what you are going to buy next?

Not really... I am jumping between a 4Runner V8 Limited and a Lexus RX330. Anything but another Acura though! :rofl:

What about you? Are you keeping the TL for now?

afrotl
02-02-2006, 02:22 PM

Not really... I am jumping between a 4Runner V8 Limited and a Lexus RX330. Anything but another Acura though! :rofl:

What about you? Are you keeping the TL for now?
i like the 4Runner better than the Lexus....
yeah I will have to keep the TL for now and any other major purchases since we got to plan for a wedding and a house in the near future. yeah no more shopping for toys in awhile:eek:

carzcraz
02-03-2006, 11:09 PM

Sorry I haven't been on beyond.ca for a few days. Anyway, I got my brakes machined at Silverhill Acura. I don't exactly remember the cost, but it ran me something like $400-$500 for the rear rotors.

afrotl
02-04-2006, 02:13 PM

Sorry I haven't been on beyond.ca for a few days. Anyway, I got my brakes machined at Silverhill Acura. I don't exactly remember the cost, but it ran me something like $400-$500 for the rear rotors.

thanks wow that is expensive.