PDA

View Full Version : soundsaround install so far

bart
03-08-2003, 09:24 PM
well, one day i bought components, an amp and cap at soundsaround. scheduled to get the stuff installed. they said 5-6 hours, ok, fine i said.

day1: after 7 hours, one speaker installed.:thumbsdow
day2: after 5 hours, 3 more speakers installed and dynamat. :thumbsdow
day3: (well this day is tomorrow, we will see what happens)

i'm highly guessing there will be a 4th day.

each day i went in, they said it would be done for sure. each day i went in, it was booked for me. on day 1, they started 2 hours late saying they took another car in to do, instead of starting on mine which was scheduled.

i think i should get a free install...

szw
03-08-2003, 09:27 PM
If you don't have school or work, or somewhere important to be at, I'd hang around for a while. Whenever the car is alone ask them why nobody is working on it.

Yes you should complain to the manager, that sounds like bullshit!

That.Guy.S30
03-08-2003, 09:33 PM
i got my deck installed at soundsaround.. fuck waste of my 45 bucks.. he did the shitiest job.. so i took it out and did it myself.. my god man.. please take soe credit for your work.. and i think u should complain.. 3 days to install speakers and a amp?.. ahaha maybe if they were doin some hardcore set up?

D'z Nutz
03-08-2003, 10:10 PM
That's bullshit. Demand they take everything out and refuse to pay them. You're better off figuring out how to do this yourself (and doing it faster). Something like that shouldn't take more than half a day even for a first time installer.

OPGForce
03-08-2003, 10:22 PM
It should not take several days to install all of your goods. Talk to the manager, and please, DON'T SHOP @ SOUNDSAROUND! :guns:

bol
03-09-2003, 02:04 AM
i'd be careful too...

do you have a security system on your car?

had a buddy who bought a bunch of stuff at soundsaround and an alarm there...

two days later, car broken into, everything cleaned out, alarm bypassed and all...

he suspects the soundsaround employee(s)...

chrisgushue
03-09-2003, 02:56 AM
what soundaround were all these experiences from? cuz i went to crowfoot and everythings been fine so far a cpl weeks in, they did an entire trunk custom fibreglass neons etc in 3 and a half days with an alarm hopefully i wont get jacked

RiceCake
03-09-2003, 11:07 AM
My friend got a system installed there, and damn the job looked like a cheap hack job, got his carpets soiled and when he went into the shop to pick up his car, his back seat was lying on the floor and the installers were stepping on it.

:thumbsdow

DUBBED
03-09-2003, 11:32 AM
i've never had a problem with soundsaround... mostly cause i was kinda friends witht eh guys doing all of the work on my cars.... i'd complain to the manager... but keep in mind that if theemployees are getting away with shit like this... as im sure they have in the past... the manager prob wont give a shit...

bart
03-09-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by RiceCake
My friend got a system installed there, and damn the job looked like a cheap hack job, got his carpets soiled and when he went into the shop to pick up his car, his back seat was lying on the floor and the installers were stepping on it.

:thumbsdow

thats what i noticed when i went there yesterday.

before i sign anything, or take the car, i will inspect it like shit.

Lo)2enz0
03-09-2003, 12:09 PM
i was about to buy a deck at sounds around a year ago. So we got everything set up and paid but they said they had none in stock but there are some in the warehouse. so they call me back 4 days later telling me that the deck I bought was discontinued and that they can only give me store credit. so my dad bought that credit off me and guess where i went to, VISIONS. Visions has always pleased me and they always get the job done in time and they do everything they can to get everything to be installed in top quality. but i will never shop at soundsaround ever again.

Laurier

D'z Nutz
03-09-2003, 12:25 PM
I've had some pretty decent experience at Soundsaround so far, though it's been ages since I've purchased any car audio. I used to purchase stuff at the 32nd location when this one guy worked there (can't remember his name) and he was pretty cool. One time I bought an amp, but it was not in stock, so he had to order it from the warehouse. I went home, took a nap, and when I woke up, it was at the store :thumbsup:

But I can understand how some people have terrible experiences. It really depends on the salesman, if you ask me. A lot of them are very pushy and full of shit when it comes to making a sale.

___2PaC___
03-09-2003, 12:42 PM
that crazy bullshit man. go complain to the manager, or wait until they are done and refuse to pay! Serioucly 4 DAYS?!?!?!!?
Go ape shit on them! :bullshit:

95acc
03-09-2003, 01:31 PM
i'd be careful too...

two days later, car broken into, everything cleaned out, alarm bypassed and all...

this is a load of shit! It was not the employee's, just dumb luck, he probally blasted the system when he first got and the thieves just followed him home. I hate when people blame installers for there own stupidity. It gives us all a bad name.

bol
03-09-2003, 01:46 PM
theres always going to be bad apples wherever you go. you just have to hope that you're not the one that gets screwed

it happens in every industry

theres plenty of installers who do amazing work and if I had a job I wouldn't do myself I would get an installer to do the work, like an alarm, which I'll probably get done through impressions because I hear nothing but good things. On the other hand, I never hear good things about soundsaround (and yes, I still bought some of my equipment there.)

jdmakkord
03-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by 95acc

this is a load of shit! It was not the employee's, just dumb luck, he probally blasted the system when he first got and the thieves just followed him home. I hate when people blame installers for there own stupidity. It gives us all a bad name.

How can you say it was or wasn't the employees??? There very well could have been someone scamming like that, that industry doesn't exactly have the lowest turnover rate....

00Civic
03-09-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord

How can you say it was or wasn't the employees??? There very well could have been someone scamming like that, that industry doesn't exactly have the lowest turnover rate....

Why would the employees do that. I am a installer and know alot of installers from soundsaround a&b everywhere. You have to give them the benefit of the doubt. 99% chance it was just dumb luck. Don't blame someone before you have all the facts.

jdmakkord
03-09-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by 00Civic

Why would the employees do that. I am a installer and know alot of installers from soundsaround a&b everywhere. You have to give them the benefit of the doubt. 99% chance it was just dumb luck. Don't blame someone before you have all the facts.

Yay you are an installer!!! That doesn't mean you are like 100% of the installers in the industry! Theres bad apples everywhere!

max_boost
03-09-2003, 08:59 PM
With installers, there are only a few that I trust, I go whereever they move shops to....

And since when did it take a few days to do a few hours work? That is BS man, you should just go psycho on them.......oh wait, your only an ass on the net right? Not in person.....haha j/k

___2PaC___
03-09-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
With installers, there are only a few that I trust, I go whereever they move shops to....

And since when did it take a few days to do a few hours work? That is BS man, you should just go psycho on them.......oh wait, your only an ass on the net right? Not in person.....haha j/k

:eek: :rofl: :thumbsup:

SpoonEK9@STRD
03-10-2003, 12:39 PM
brave, trusting your car to soundsarround.... man o man...the legit stories i have about them.

ninspeed
03-10-2003, 01:18 PM
Ill never buy car audio from there again, I have had great experiences with home electronics from their. I know a persons who had the deck installed there and it was riped off a few days later.

FiveFreshFish
03-10-2003, 03:13 PM

Yay you are an installer!!! That doesn't mean you are like 100% of the installers in the industry! Theres bad apples everywhere!

:werd: Not to bash the good installers, but IMO, the installer would be the prime suspect since he's got your address right on the work order. To me, that's way more likely than someone following you home.

00Civic
03-10-2003, 04:18 PM
Who was your installer at SA and what location?

___2PaC___
03-10-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

:werd: Not to bash the good installers, but IMO, the installer would be the prime suspect since he's got your address right on the work order. To me, that's way more likely than someone following you home.

:werd:
#1 suspect

Ajay
03-10-2003, 05:31 PM
A friend of mine got an Alpine Type R installed in his VW Jetta at Soundsaround...they told him it might take a couple hours so he waited around until they got it done. Wasn't leaving his car with them without him around.

Turns out they fucked up on the install anyway he snowboards and they blocked his boarding bag so he made a big shitstorm about it cause he told them not to do that specifically....got himself free install and a couple gift certificates.

There's only a few installers I'll take my car too, one of them is one of my best friend's cousin and he always does a good job! I don't particularily like taking my car to any of the big chain stores. I'll buy the product from them but get someone else to install it.

Mckenzie
03-12-2003, 09:11 AM
My one and only experience at soundsaround (macleod) was a 5.5 hour install for a pair of front speakers.... and they were not even components. I went back to see what was taking so long and they had my whole back seat out, and the rear panels off trying to find some wire. They fucked up one of the weatherstripping peices around the rear window that has never been fixed either.

When I got my components installed, I went to AB sound south. They did an excellent job, and it only took 2.5 hours, with modification to both doors, mounting tweeters and everything.

jdmakkord
03-12-2003, 11:53 AM
I guess theres a reason why I only go to audio concepts!

00Civic
03-12-2003, 06:54 PM
AC isnt even what they used to be.

lammer
03-14-2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by ___2PaC___

:werd:
#1 suspect

dude, your really whoring it up latley haha.

jdmakkord
03-14-2003, 01:47 AM

Yeah they are not....they are leaps and bounds beyond where they were years ago. I'm sorry, but I dont know many shops in western canada...let alone Calgary that deal in the stuff they do. I'm not a fan of neon lights and cheesie installs. Who do you know that sells focal, audison, elipse, xtant, audiocontrol, monster cable, etc all under one roof. No one in Calgary can even come close to them for service, installs, or products imo.

You are right...they "isnt even what they used to be" because they have moved ahead where as all of the other audio shops in town have taken two steps back.

Ben
03-14-2003, 08:56 AM

Yeah they are not....they are leaps and bounds beyond where they were years ago. I'm sorry, but I dont know many shops in western canada...let alone Calgary that deal in the stuff they do. I'm not a fan of neon lights and cheesie installs. Who do you know that sells focal, audison, elipse, xtant, audiocontrol, monster cable, etc all under one roof. No one in Calgary can even come close to them for service, installs, or products imo.

You are right...they "isnt even what they used to be" because they have moved ahead where as all of the other audio shops in town have taken two steps back.

Big :werd: to that!

People these days are payng more and getting less at many car audio places these days, not a good trend.

KoukiS14
03-14-2003, 10:46 AM

Yeah OK buddy,

You have no clue what you are talking bout. If anything Audioconcepts has gotten better over the last little while.

00Civic
03-14-2003, 07:24 PM
ya I have no idea what I am talking about they lost all there good installers. Figure out who you are talking to before you accuse me of that.

jdmakkord
03-14-2003, 07:46 PM
ya I have no idea what I am talking about they lost all there good installers. Figure out who you are talking to before you accuse me of that.

Punctuation is your friend! Besides, they have awesome installers there right now, I dont care if they lost installers in the past...they have obviously replaced them. They have turned a 180 in the past couple of years, with a new owner, some old faces that helped it become the most sucessful car audio shop in town. They are out of the bullshit 16 year old hardcore slammin spl stereos...and have moved on to high end sq.
I'm sorry, but memphis audio and bazooka dont qualify in my books as good car audio equipment. Get your head out of your ass and you might realise this.

00Civic
03-14-2003, 07:58 PM
Memphis is actually a very good product. And what about bazooka? I never said they didnt have good installers I said they are not what they used to be and there not. AC does not have the top installers in the city anymore everyone else does.

jdmakkord
03-14-2003, 08:05 PM
Memphis is actually a very good product. And what about bazooka? I never said they didnt have good installers I said they are not what they used to be and there not. AC does not have the top installers in the city anymore everyone else does.

I am done arguing with you. Obviously you have your own opinions and I have mine...I will keep going to AudioConcepts with my business, and we will see what my stereo sounds like, and what the install look like. Impressions will never see my business, seeing as the last time I asked for a price on wheels, Nicole, who was supposed to call me back, never did. I took my cash to contemporary and picked up my wheels that same day. As for your stereo installs, I dont like the style you guys are after, and fuck if soundsaround will ever see my car. I've been a AC customer for 7 years now, and that wont change.

00Civic
03-14-2003, 08:12 PM
Hey man no worries to each his own I agree. I am not trying to stur up shit here. I am just telling it the way it is. I was before I was in the industry a big AC Customer when everyone went to them cause they were the best and had all the top installers. And I have friends that work there. Hey no hard feelings I didnt mean for this to come out like it did. But I do know alot about this industry in calgary and I have a good grasp of what going on and car audio in general.

audio1der
03-18-2003, 01:27 PM
The only way it'll ever be done to your satisfaction, is to do it yourself.
I'd shove my new cordless butane soldering torch right up my A $$ before I'd let anyone else work on my car.
No store names mentioned- none needed.

offlimitz_chick
04-06-2003, 03:01 PM
K i dunno what soundsaround u guys are goin to but the one in crowfoot is awesome... i buy all my shit there and even when i buy other stuff they install everything for me and i've had no problems yet... they did an awesome job of the sub/amp and speakers and dynamat and neons and alarm everything... They have good quality shit at soundsaround and have never fucked up ne thing i've got put in there... the ppl at crowfoot know what they're doin and are all really nice guys so go to that one b4 giving up on soundsaround!

sexualbanana
04-07-2003, 03:12 AM
u know what?? i've had absolutely no problems with the soundsaround on macleod. i've taken my car there on multiple occasions and i've gotten nothing but great service. i often don't hesitate to take my car there especially for troubleshooting problems. they've treated me very well there.

i'd go to ac more often, but they are just too damn far away. i'd go back when i need a custom install though. the job they did for my car was awesome

sexualbanana
04-07-2003, 03:14 AM
and i'd have to agree with jdmakkord, bazooka doesn't exactly have a great reputation

00Civic
04-07-2003, 07:57 AM
the install manager down at macleod sa is probably one of the best installers in the city

chrisgushue
04-07-2003, 03:23 PM
ya i got all my shit done at soundsaround in crowfoot, awsome job, id recomend them to anyone

88ludeacris
04-07-2003, 06:59 PM
soundssaround sucks man, i bought a big screen from there n they said they drove a forklift into the screen, so i was delayed 4 fucken weeks, n i missed da friggin superbowl on my thing
fuck

red RX-7
04-07-2003, 11:17 PM
I took mine in to visions in Crowfoot to get installed, i had to buy a wiring harness and when i went to pay for the install i only ended up paying for the harness and not the install, saved me like $50.

hinggu
04-08-2003, 10:37 AM
Yeah, soundsaround does suck ass. My bro bought an amp there and it was screwed, so we went in and said we wanted a new one. didn't even use it yet!! but they were like too bad, warranty only and sends the stupid thing to get fixed.. 4 weeks later we finally get it back. Asked for an extension on the warranty since we didn't actually use it and they were like No! Same thing happened with a phone my dad bought!! Never going there again! Oh yeah, and they took like 7 hours to install my brother;s deck very poorly!

max_boost
04-08-2003, 12:56 PM
I bought an amp from the soundsaround blow out sale for $600 PG T500.2 in September 2001.....I installed it in November 2001.....I bring it in for warranty in December 2001.....I get my amp back in August 2002

Now WTF is up with that?!?!

I had extended warranty on a 10 inch Rockford HE2.....I blew it.....they didn't warranty it......although they did say before that under any circumstances, they will repair it!

WTF is up with that?!?!?

Shady motherfackers!

Although there are two very good installers there......one was a asian guy name Adam on Macleod (not sure if he is still there)

Another guy is Kenny who moved to A&B Shawnessy because he couldn't put up with that BS place anymore

girlRACER
04-08-2003, 04:26 PM
My friends referred me to the Soundsaround on 32nd and said that they had good experiences. Originally I was going to get my amp and sub installed at Audio Concepts but they charge almost double what others charge. Plus the guy at the 32nd Soundsaround claimed that one of the installers moved from AC to Soundsaround.

There are so many mixed reviews. Seems like everyone has had bad experiences at almost every place :dunno:

Weapon_R
04-08-2003, 04:42 PM
I think the biggest concentration of bad experiences is because of soundsaround. Many people are dissatisfied with their installation bays, but i really hate the 32nd ave location because of their pushy salesmen. I hate being pressured when buying anything, because its damn annoying having someone stand behind you while you look.

The best place to shop for me would be A&B, even though they dont have the best stuff, they dont have any lurkers either.

sexualbanana
04-08-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER

There are so many mixed reviews. Seems like everyone has had bad experiences at almost every place :dunno:

well, the only time u ever hear about an install is when it's bad. so it seems like that business does bad business.

i'm sure that for every 1 person that complains, there's at least another 8 that had no problems and says nothing. this goes for all places.

but if they've had bad experiences with that shop, don't go back. it's simple as that. i can see that some people have bad experiences others have good, so it all depends on who u r.

ChronicDex
05-03-2003, 11:06 AM
I agree with 95acc
your retarded if you blast ypour syetem all the way to your front drive way, turn the when i get mine I'm turning it off like 500 feeet from my house just in case neone does look to steal it.... the alarm thing too if it's not installed right its a piece of cake to by pass then again you get what you pay for when it comes to alarms so pay to play

JTL_ZXTT
05-03-2003, 07:51 PM
yup id have to agree with Dex on that! .... u get what you pay for! .... and about blowing my sound system ... turn it down more like a 1000 feet from my house! .... and i dunno but ive always had a good experience from soundsaround up in crowfoot and they have the best prices always! soo yaa i always by anything electronic from them .... but then again i install all the stuff myself .... so wouldnt know much about their instalations.... but i got a deck installed once and they did a pretty good job .... but then again decks are pretty easy to install...

chrisgushue
05-04-2003, 12:59 AM
soundsaround in crowfoto is pretty good, they lost alan, theyre best installer tho cuz i guess couldnt stand workin there

yohan4ws
05-15-2003, 10:11 AM
fuck man, take your shit back

soundsaround installed a deck for me .. i paid them labor to fix up my amps mount on back seat hide all wires etc.

the installer wasn't there the day it was and the other installer said he wouldnt do the amps for the price quoted, in the mean time nobody contacted me i wanted my shit done and he installed my deck

there was a scratch on the deck, all around my dash where the deck goes in (in my 85 prelude) see pic ... was scratched to shit after being in PERFECT brand new condition before going into their installer. Not only that, he blew my amp in the trunk, when he lookd at the wiring he somehow got the power loose and because i had the fuse under the hood jimmied it fried the amp when it touched the amp housing ... cost me 100bux @ autotemp to repair.

I contacted head office and unfortunately sold my car before I could sue them but have court documents ready to do just that.

My advice, and what is hould have done, return your shit and get a full refund. I hope you put it on a credit card ... I'll even take your speakers out for them and if you buy em somewhere else i'll even install!

DONT SHOP SOUNDSAROUND!

http://members.shaw.ca/andrew.b/modified.jpg

EnRich
05-15-2003, 11:31 PM
AUDIO CONCEPTS ALL THE WAY..... I paid more there then any other place quoted me... I had alot of shit installed.... man what a pro job they did... After about 1 month passed something went fucked up in my subs I took it back.... NO PROBS.... they were sorry and replaced it..... Same prob happened 1 month after... sounds like the subs were blowing..... these were 800 buck xtants 12" too so..... took it in again... NO PROBS booked it in right away..... i think my box is too small to support such subs but whatever..... FUCK SOUNDS AROUND........ all robbers

The EquAzn
05-16-2003, 07:48 AM
Sounds around is the worst fucking place in the world!!

Those guys are cocky too, I got my deck installed on a "shitty car" and they fucking laughed man... Then when i brought my new lancer they tried to sell me some shit and gave props to my car.. fuck that shit

My buddy waited for 3 months for them to process a warranty on his deck..
And his speakers were rattling, we opened them up, and the fucking rubber knife edge gaskets were freakin in the middle of the speaker just hanging there instead of along the edge.

GOTO VISIONS!!! or do it yourself!!

tctdmx
05-17-2003, 05:19 AM
Well, one of the best installer i've ever come across is Chad from A&B sound in the south shawnessy store, he is super clean on installer and He tunes it perfect , as well as he is really careful on your car as well...

and just for da record...

F**k sounds around... lying sobs and screw their dumb assz 7 day exchance only in store credit..

Mckenzie
05-19-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by tctdmx
Well, one of the best installer i've ever come across is Chad from A&B sound in the south shawnessy store, he is super clean on installer and He tunes it perfect , as well as he is really careful on your car as well...

and just for da record...

F**k sounds around... lying sobs and screw their dumb assz 7 day exchance only in store credit..

I agree. They do a really good, clean job down there.

Kenny installed my type r 6.5 components in my legend. I am very happy with the install.

silverEL
05-20-2003, 04:35 PM
ive had a bad expriance with soundsurround, they forgot to install my 6x9's and they didnt check the sub before installing the amp, so they blew my 1000watt amp. and took no responsability for it, even thou i had clarion send a note saying that it was the installers fault.

AccordTypeR
05-26-2003, 05:59 PM
I got my sub and amp there, There so fuckin slow i had to wait 3 days before they finnaly took in my car, but they did a clean install so im happy.. im just nevr goin there agian... one sub and an amp shouldent take 4 hours to install they said id have it in 2 :banghead:

mad_psyentist
05-28-2003, 06:54 AM
I'll never go to Soundsaround again. I had a security system and CD deck put in my older-than-grandma RX-7. It took them two days... I feel your pain,suffeks!

*Begin rant*
So, I gets the car back on day 2.. there's something wrong with a sensor on my door, so one door doesn't work with the remote-locks... gotta come back ANOTHER day to get THAT done. Fine, whatever, just gimme my car! So, I pick her up, drive home and strangely enough, I blew an Apex seal on the way back home and limp into the shop. Ok... so the engine had a few hundred K on it, it was bound to blow sometime. $1,500 later, new engine, system worked great. Could have just been coincidence. But then everything seemed to go wrong in the car!

The power steering went next. Unplugged it and went about my life. Next, the entire car just dies about 2 days later in the middle of a main highway in frickin' rush hour. $80 tow later, I get told that every fuse in the entire car is blown. $200 later for parts 'n labor, got the car back.

Same thing... died again... luckily at a gas station. Another $50 on a tow, and I've got a mess of melted and soldered wires and a fried relay. To this day, she's STILL in the shop. Hoping to get her back in a few days. The car has been thouroughly dismantled electric-wise and all her wiring replaced, even buddy's half-assed job at Soundsaround.

But... seeing as how the car ran like a dream BEFORE I went to Soundsaround, it seems a bit too coincidental. And soundsaround just kinda threw up their hands and went "It ran fine when we had it in"
*end rant*

The last sec. system I had installed was with Quinn in my Civic and she's still goin' like a dream. Well, I guess I got what I paid for: $300 at Sounds, $1,300 at Quinn. Gesh...

Mckenzie
05-28-2003, 09:13 AM
How about a 5 hour install for a pair of front speakers?

That blew my fucking mind.... and I had to take it back once to get them to take out the factory tweeter which was flapping against the woofer on the one side.

And it is going back on monday so they can fix the trim peice around the window which has been broken since they installed it.

I only go to AB sound now...

accordboi_02
05-29-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by bol
i'd be careful too...

Was the employee a brown guy.
I know TWO people who, at different times, have bought systems off this one employee (cant remember his name) and like a week later, BOTH systems were jacked... coincedence? I think not...

boi-alien
05-29-2003, 02:10 PM
i go to audioconcepts... they're a little pricier than most, but they stand behind their work 100%... i bought some subs off them, went home opened them up, and realized one had a huge crack on the basket. brought it back, they exchanged it for me, no questions asked!

Czar
06-03-2003, 01:42 PM
You guys probably don't want to hear about my experiences. I got a Pioneer DVD system install at Soundsurround a couple of years ago (32 ave), and it still working great.

Then I got a Compustar installed at Audio Concepts, and they did a great job as well (I think Zan did it), although they said my DVD install was crappy.

So, after a few months I decided to get some speakers. Anyways, I got a pair of MB Quarts at SoundSurround and had them install it while I waited. I waited about 6 hours, before they told me that they had goofed up my DVD player, and that I would have to bring it back tomorrow. I also found out that the salesman switched the model of the speakers to last years model (without informing me). They didn't have that in stock so I had to wait again. They did fix it the next day though. The installer ended up scratching the wood trim on my glove compartment.

I then had the bright idea to get a car computer installed, so I drew up a diagram, bought all the parts, and (because I wanted it done right), I brought it to Audio Concepts to install. Anyways, after a couple of days, I find out that they blew my computer (I had to ship it back to Toronto to get repaired), ripped the weather seal on my door (I had to pay the dealer to fix that), blew my inverter (Had to buy a new one), and caused the Air Bag fault light to turn on (Had to pay the dealer $50 to turn it off). Then, I had to call daily to get them to finish the install (It took about 2 weeks for me to book it in). He did end up doing a good job though (The install was very clean).

They (Audi Concepts) took no responsibilty. In fact, they said that I probably brought in the computer and the inverter broken, and that the light was on before I showed up.

So, I agree with the guy who said that the best install is your own.

Abom
06-03-2003, 01:56 PM
I'll say this. Most installers are clean and honest. BUT, there are always a few assholes around that screw it up for everyone else. I don't know though, I've been hearing a LOT of stories about people getting their stuff jacked days after having an install at SoundSurround. Never heard these stories about Visions, or A&B Sound, just from SoundSurround.

I used to buy from the NE Visions store, VERY happy with their installs and the salesguy I delt with. These days I install everything myself, saves me a lot of money and I enjoy doing it :thumbsup:

Mckenzie
06-03-2003, 04:14 PM
Well... I guess to add fuel to the fire....

I went yesterday to soundsaround to get them to fix the peice of weather stripping that collapsed when they took 5 hours to install my front speakers. So they fixed the weather stripping that collapsed, but they bent the chrom trim that runs all the way along the rear panel between the window and the inner panel.

Now they dont want to pay for it because it has been over a year since the install, even though it has been broken since day one.