PDA

View Full Version : Black

habsfan
01-31-2006, 11:51 PM
dont know how many of you know about this game yet, but it looks absolutely amazing. FPS for both ps2 and xbox, coming out in late february. i recommend checking it out on ign or a similar site. i'll be picking up this title for sure.
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/684/684449/black-20060130105845620.jpg
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/684/684449/black-20060130105904556.jpg
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/684/684449/black-20060130105903665.jpg

theken
02-01-2006, 12:07 AM
post a link to it

habsfan
02-01-2006, 12:10 AM
oh fine, a link for the lazy ;)
http://ps2.ign.com/objects/668/668817.html

R-Zuki
02-01-2006, 01:52 AM
Looks amazing i've been waiting for this for a while. Practically everything is destructable!!:eek:
lets all hope it'll be good game play and not all looks

lamp_shade_2000
02-01-2006, 02:01 AM
Is it going to be for the Xbox or the 360? If ts the 360 I might have to get it.

habsfan
02-01-2006, 05:55 AM
xbox and ps2, you fancy 360 guys get left out this time :D

CKY
02-01-2006, 06:57 PM
Hmm looks good, but then FPS's on console just isn't my thing. So weird without a mouse.

DJ Lazy
02-01-2006, 09:30 PM
Damn.. that looks pretty sweet.. too bad its only on the Consoles... :thumbsdow

treg50
02-04-2006, 11:30 PM
The thing that really strikes me is that those screens are from the Xbox... NOT the 360! Imagine wicked story and gameplay with graphics like this. This looks friggin' amazing, just more proof that Micro$oft discontinued the Xbox to soon.
:banghead:

iceburns288
02-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Looks DAMN good for a last-gen game:thumbsup:

habsfan
02-06-2006, 06:55 PM
and the best part about it is that IGN says there is little to no difference graphically between the xbox and ps2 versions of the game, so those of us with that outdated sony unit dont have to suffer ;)

CRXguy
02-06-2006, 09:16 PM
^^
Maybe I'll keep my PS2 afterall. :D

heavyD
02-07-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by CRXguy
^^
Maybe I'll keep my PS2 afterall. :D

After spending alot of time playing Xbox 360 games I popped in Halo 2 & holy shit did it look like shit. Now that I have been spoiled by the 360 it's hard to even look at an Xbox game let alone a PS2 game. Fight Night demo for 360 is the best looking game ever IMO even in its demo form. My wife thought it was real boxing and I had to show her a haymaker to prove it was me.

CRXguy
02-07-2006, 05:37 PM
Well, my PS2 is modded so I'm not really paying for anything. :D But I'm looking forward to picking up 360. I play Call of Duty 2 everytime I'm at Best Buy.

habsfan
02-13-2006, 05:55 PM
hate valentines day? would you prefer to shoot that cute little teddy bear full of shot gun shells? well thanks to BLACK, you now can. www.myblackvalentine.com

habsfan
02-28-2006, 12:03 PM
So I bought this title today...wow what a game. The controls are remarkably comfortable for a console shooter. The graphics are amazing, the sound is phenomenal! The only downside is that the game is supposedly short. I havent gone through it yet so im not sure. No multiplayer whatsoever, be it online of offline really sucks, but there is replay value in this game. Theres a ton of secondary objectives and side missions in each level. The most fun part is easily blowing up buildings, propane tanks, vehicles etc....some of the explosions are amazing. My ratings:

Gameplay/Controls: 9/10: Suprisingly accurate for a console FPS. "Aiming mode" slows the camera movement to help accuracy. Configureable control option lets you set up the controls to your preference.

Visuals: 9/10: Totally maxes out the PS2. Art is stellar, occasional slowdowns kind of like a bullet time rather than frame rate chugging when alot of chaos is happening, and the best part, the ability to blow stuff up with a satisfying flash of fire.

Sound: 10/10: The guns, the explosions, voices, grenades and even music are all perfect. If you have a surround setup for your ps2/xbox, i'd say playing this game at least once is a MUST.

Value: 6/10: The only downfall of this game in my opinion. No multiplayer will sour alot of people away from this game at $57. Others, like me, won't really care about the shortness of it due to the awe inspiring visceral qualities of this game.

Overall: 9/10: A huge achievement on the current gen consoles, 100% worth playing, even if you just rent it. I know i'll be playing through this game many many times for the sheer enjoyment of blowing shit up :D

heavyD
02-28-2006, 12:23 PM
Does it have 480p capability? I heard it only takes 6 hours to finish & has no multiplayer.:(

habsfan
02-28-2006, 12:30 PM
no hd capability unfortunately, it won't compare to x360 hd graphics, but i havent had the chance to play the 360 yet so i havent been blown away by hd graphics yet.

i heard the same thing, 5-7 hours on normal difficulty and there is no multiplayer. guess ill have to wait and see.

Cavey
02-28-2006, 01:50 PM
FPS with no MP = teh lose

heavyD
02-28-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Cavey
FPS with no MP = teh lose

I don't mind no MP if the single player campaign is meaty such as HL2. MP is desireable for sure but many PFS's come with tacked on MP that gets old fast that's why there's only one Halo. While this one's on the short side I'll probably pick it up as FPS is my favorite genre & Gohst Recon for 360 doesn't come out until next week.:D

habsfan
02-28-2006, 02:56 PM
even if you dont buy it, definitely rent it...i just blew the shit out of a 4 story apartment looking thing :D

Cavey
02-28-2006, 04:50 PM
Multiplayer is the fuel to keep FPS's going. Who the hell would've played counter strike if it had no MP? HL2 is a good game, but without MP support it won't be great. The whole culture of MP that has been bred from highspeed internet should be exploited in every game no matter what the genre is. Being able to play splinter cell CT, and doom 3 co-op adds a whole new level of gameplay. Racing around a track in forza against the AI is fun, but spanking a real person in a race is much more satisfying.

heavyD
02-28-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Cavey
Multiplayer is the fuel to keep FPS's going. Who the hell would've played counter strike if it had no MP? HL2 is a good game, but without MP support it won't be great. The whole culture of MP that has been bred from highspeed internet should be exploited in every game no matter what the genre is. Being able to play splinter cell CT, and doom 3 co-op adds a whole new level of gameplay. Racing around a track in forza against the AI is fun, but spanking a real person in a race is much more satisfying.

HL2 was great and there was no multiplayer. Don't get me wrong I like multiplayer but I prefer single player FPS games as multiplayer usually amounts to lots of cheaters & kids who play 24/7 kicking your ass over & over. Not so fun.

ninjak84
02-28-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by habsfan
So I bought this title today...wow what a game.

Are you able to adjust the movement sensitivity? I'm talking about how fast you can make the character look left/right/up/down.

Sounds like a great game, I haven't bought anything new for my PS2 since Gran Turismo 4

Delta
02-28-2006, 07:50 PM
Has anyone seen the commercial yet? It's pretty sweet. I might have to give er a try.

WickedonaStick
02-28-2006, 08:01 PM
I picked Black up today at futureshop for $40.

I've made it too the second level on normal difficulty and so far its been a solid game but no mp does hurt it and you need a miracle to get a headshot with an AK47 (I just use my pistol when I need accuracy.)

It fills the void for a good FPS in my PS2 collection.

Teggy2nr
02-28-2006, 08:56 PM
I just got it this afternoon, I would compare the action in it to watching Back Hawk Down, its insane. Lets hope its not short tho I hate that

habsfan
02-28-2006, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84

Are you able to adjust the movement sensitivity? I'm talking about how fast you can make the character look left/right/up/down.

cant adjust the sensitivity, but that not really a big issue. it's perfect in my opinion as when you aim(default L1) the sensitivity slows down and allows you to be very precise.

Originally posted by WickedonaStick
snip...and you need a miracle to get a headshot with an AK47...snip

miracle isnt needed. just push up on the d pad to switch it to single bullet or burst fire mode when needed ;) very precise that way if you can take the time to aim properly

heavyD
03-02-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by habsfan

miracle isnt needed. just push up on the d pad to switch it to single bullet or burst fire mode when needed ;) very precise that way if you can take the time to aim properly

It takes too many shots to down the enemies. It's like the guys have regenerating shields like Halo. Really fun blowing up stuff though & everything is destructable. Pretty solid game for Xbox & PS2, the graphics in progressive scan are top notch for those systems. I've been spoiled by the 360 though so it does feel a bit archaic, some 360 Live arcade games look better in hi-def.

403Gemini
03-02-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by R-Zuki
Looks amazing i've been waiting for this for a while. Practically everything is destructable!!:eek:
lets all hope it'll be good game play and not all looks

yea bro you see the video where the guy throws a nade into a building and ig uess the building had c4 in it or something and the entire building collapsed! it was FUCKING NUTS! the gun fights look crazy unreal.

gonna definatly rent this one

habsfan
03-03-2006, 11:08 AM
for those of you playing this game, anyone played the asylum level yet? wow that was intense

jizzajames
03-10-2006, 03:26 AM
^^^ asylum level was good.. ^^^ last fight took me a while, there's just soo many guys everywhere..

this game is good. it is rather short.. but... the gameplay is very nice.. and smooth.. lots of little effects make this game great.. take a look around a room after you finish a major battle.. there is nothing left.. the best part about this game is the sounds.. if you have a stereo hooked up.. it is wild.. the guns sound great, and little sounds like the wind, and the glass breaking.. i didnt like halo for the gameplay.. but this game is good.. that's my opinion.
if they made it twice as long, it would be a buyer.. good thing i only rented it.. i couldnt play it much more than i did.. but it defnately was time well wasted.

on differentnote.. i can't wait for full spectrum warrior: ten hammers to come out. i loved the first game.. although it was short as well..

WickedonaStick
03-13-2006, 12:19 PM
I still think that it is awsome to finish a battle and then look at the wall behind you. There is so many bullet holes you wonder why there is even a wall there anymore. :D

It was a good game but i have to say that after beating it I went back to playing resident evil 4. There was no real replay value.

SuPhistiKatEd
03-20-2006, 05:47 PM
I bought a copy last week and played it over the weekend. I'm 3 levels into the game and I must say, I'm absolutely impressed. This is one of the best FPS I've played to date. With most, I find that I get tired and bored halfway through the game. There's never a dull moment in Black.

I'm very tempted to try it on my big screen with 5.1. :love:

I agree, it takes a ton of shots to down an enemy, especially the one's that carry the SPAS 12's (I just use the SPAS 12 anyways) My shot count is well over 10,000. The AI in this game is amazing though.

Best $50 ever spent.

PraviYugosloven
03-21-2006, 12:33 PM
wow that game looks awsome