PDA

View Full Version : Question for the rent-a-cops

Pages : [1] 2

GTS Jeff
02-01-2006, 01:16 PM
Why do you guys always walk around with your arms puffed out?

lastprodigy
02-01-2006, 01:17 PM
:rofl:

DC2
02-01-2006, 01:19 PM
haha:rofl:

88CRX
02-01-2006, 01:19 PM
cause dats gagsta

69cougar
02-01-2006, 01:20 PM
I know Bylaw guys with Calgary make $47 to $65,000/yr

69cougar
02-01-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by 69cougar
I know Bylaw guys with Calgary make $47 to $65,000/yr must be from lifting their paychecks

Si_FlyGuy
02-01-2006, 01:21 PM
It's to increase their chances of getting hit by a stray bullet, so that innocent civilians like us can shop in peace. Rent-a-cop training manual, I sh1t you not.

HuMz
02-01-2006, 01:22 PM

Question is would you really degrade yourself for that kinda money??

luv2xler8
02-01-2006, 01:23 PM

69cougar
02-01-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by HuMz

Question is would you really degrade yourself for that kinda money??

guess it would depens on the circumstances thats pretty good money (what city job isnt?) I don't really know whats wrong with it?? :dunno:

nismodrifter
02-01-2006, 01:28 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

l8braker
02-01-2006, 01:30 PM
I'd like to hear an answer to this as well.

QuasarCav
02-01-2006, 01:43 PM
retro-steve

It's your time to shine.

jcrules99
02-01-2006, 01:45 PM
haha rent a cops are so funny man, they act like they have so much power

95EagleAWD
02-01-2006, 10:06 PM
Actually, I noticed that my arms are a little further out from my hips than usual when I'm working. It's so they clear the gun and radio on my belt when I'm walking. It's not intention and I sure don't try and act like a tough guy... I carry a gun so I don't have to be a tough guy.

It's annoying to carry all that shit around on your waist.. I have a gun, radio, two extra mags, flashlight and knife. It affects the way you walk.

69cougar
02-01-2006, 10:49 PM
^^ EPS? CAPS?

Bill Cosby
02-01-2006, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD
Actually, I noticed that my arms are a little further out from my hips than usual when I'm working. It's so they clear the gun and radio on my belt when I'm walking. It's not intention and I sure don't try and act like a tough guy... I carry a gun so I don't have to be a tough guy.

It's annoying to carry all that shit around on your waist.. I have a gun, radio, two extra mags, flashlight and knife. It affects the way you walk.

being gay also affects the way you walk

googe
02-01-2006, 11:05 PM

thats more than CPS, you sure? seems weird

95EagleAWD
02-01-2006, 11:08 PM
^^ EPS? CAPS?

Brinks... EPS or CAPS by the end of the year, hopefully.

Gay? Oh, that hurts. :cry:

EnRich
02-02-2006, 10:07 AM

Brinks... EPS or CAPS by the end of the year, hopefully.

Gay? Oh, that hurts. :cry:

lol thats fucking hilarious

TrevorK
02-02-2006, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

Walk up to one and say:
"Hey, I noticed you walk around and hold your arms out. My brother does the same thing because of a rash under his arm. He used some really good cream to get rid of it. Do you have that too? I can get you the name of the cream...."

69cougar
02-02-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by googe

thats more than CPS, you sure? seems weird

Yep not really fair is it?

DelSoln
02-02-2006, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by jcrules99

Haha I wouldn't say all rent a cops are like that just primarily the ones that work in shopping malls.

GTS Jeff
02-02-2006, 01:49 PM

It's annoying to carry all that shit around on your waist.. I have a gun, radio, two extra mags, flashlight and knife. It affects the way you walk. That makes sense, but still, wow...too bad.

l8braker
02-02-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by DelSoln

Haha I wouldn't say all rent a cops are like that just primarily the ones that work in shopping malls.

Like Chinook?? cough cough

Weapon_R
02-02-2006, 01:58 PM
I've found that cops, brinks guards, and anyone licensed to carry a gun isn't nearly as bad as security guards that patrol the mall or a vacant parking lot. There's nothing funnier than seeing a security guard dressed in shorts and a reflective vest walking with their arms puffed out.

Goblin
02-02-2006, 04:28 PM
This thread sums up my anger to the rent a cops. im always talking to brinks + securor guys/gals and they think they are the shit.

I have a friend at chinook, he gets called bacon bits, 2.5, etc. etc...

haha

95EagleAWD
02-02-2006, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Goblin
This thread sums up my anger to the rent a cops. im always talking to brinks + securor guys/gals and they think they are the shit.

I have a friend at chinook, he gets called bacon bits, 2.5, etc. etc...

haha

Hahaha... Brinks guards that think they're the shit are people that have been there too long, or never got to be the cops they wanted to be.

I work for Brink's for one reason: Because it looks splendid on an EPS resume.

Plus, chicks do dig the gun/uniform... I've got so many numbers on this job, it's not even funny. :thumbsup:

That makes sense, but still, wow...too bad.

Well, seriously hang something off the side of your hip. Try and walk without catching it on your arm. It's just a result of the shit hanging off your belt, the way your arms hang. I've been at Brink's for almost 2 years, and I still hit my gun and radio on door frames and stuff... I'm a smaller guy, so they add like 12 inches to the width of my hips... It's a little strange.

GTS Jeff
02-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Well, seriously hang something off the side of your hip. Try and walk without catching it on your arm. It's just a result of the shit hanging off your belt, the way your arms hang. I've been at Brink's for almost 2 years, and I still hit my gun and radio on door frames and stuff... I'm a smaller guy, so they add like 12 inches to the width of my hips... It's a little strange. I believe you man...but it's still kinda unfortunate.

bradwatson
02-02-2006, 05:53 PM
yeah the rent-a-cops are good, but the guys i like are the CTrain guys. Back in highschool before i was 16 and had a car, I used to see them all the time. If they ask you for a ticket stub or whatever, just run because i heard they have to ask permission from their superiors to chase you. :rofl:

Brad

95EagleAWD
02-02-2006, 06:16 PM
I believe you man...but it's still kinda unfortunate.

Just the way it is, I guess.

Goblin
02-03-2006, 12:14 AM
sooooo

you should share those numbers :thumbsup:

95EagleAWD
02-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Goblin
sooooo

you should share those numbers :thumbsup:

No. :D

paulsaddress5
02-03-2006, 07:45 PM
:poosie:

BokCh0y
02-03-2006, 07:50 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

CI_Josh
02-05-2006, 04:48 AM
I got my gun, handcuffs, mags, keys, spray, cell phone, radio and sometimes my latex glove pouch or baton... at the end of a 10 hour shift taking all that off is like a blessing. But arresting evil do'ers makes it all worth while :) haha.

BTW: Rent-A-Cops, Bacon Bits, Floor Walkers and Puffy Arm Guys have more power then you think when it comes to law enforcement. Think of it this way next time you lip off a mall guard, when he is on the property he is guarding he has every right and privledge of that of a police officer. He can arrest you without a warrent and perform a legal search if he has reasonable grounds or has seen indictable offence take place.

In short... A security guard is basicly part of a private police force.

Just a quick FYI and heads up to those "Rent-a-pigs have no power" people :poosie:

69cougar
02-05-2006, 10:16 AM
^ the only powers of arrest you have are either under 494 or 495 of the criminal code:

Arrest without Warrant and Release from Custody
Arrest without warrant by any person
494. (1) Any one may arrest without warrant

(a) a person whom he finds committing an indictable offence; or

(b) a person who, on reasonable grounds, he believes

(i) has committed a criminal offence, and

(ii) is escaping from and freshly pursued by persons who have lawful authority to arrest that person.

Arrest by owner, etc., of property
(2) Any one who is

(a) the owner or a person in lawful possession of property, or

(b) a person authorized by the owner or by a person in lawful possession of property,

may arrest without warrant a person whom he finds committing a criminal offence on or in relation to that property.

Delivery to peace officer
(3) Any one other than a peace officer who arrests a person without warrant shall forthwith deliver the person to a peace officer.

Arresting someone for lipping off would not get far in the courts IMO

treg50
02-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Why are people so threatened by security guards or cops? Granted if these guys are abusing their authority then I understand (unfortunately in rare cases authority is abused, it's a fact), but under normal circumstances, I don't get it.

Lipping off at security guards? I'd say that's obstruction of justice or their duties or something. As long as you're not doing anything wrong (like lipping off at them, being disorderly, etc.) you got nothing to worry about.

As long as you cops and guards stay on the straight and narrow, uphold justice and the law, treat everyone fairly, and don't misuse your authority... you can walk anyway you want.

toyboy88
02-05-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by jcrules99

95EagleAWD
02-05-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by CI_Josh
I got my gun, handcuffs, mags, keys, spray, cell phone, radio and sometimes my latex glove pouch or baton... at the end of a 10 hour shift taking all that off is like a blessing. But arresting evil do'ers makes it all worth while :) haha.

Are you CPS or a PPO?

GTS Jeff
02-05-2006, 07:49 PM

BTW: Rent-A-Cops, Bacon Bits, Floor Walkers and Puffy Arm Guys have more power then you think when it comes to law enforcement. Think of it this way next time you lip off a mall guard, when he is on the property he is guarding he has every right and privledge of that of a police officer. He can arrest you without a warrent and perform a legal search if he has reasonable grounds or has seen indictable offence take place.

In short... A security guard is basicly part of a private police force.

Just a quick FYI and heads up to those "Rent-a-pigs have no power" people :poosie: :rofl: :rofl: :rolleyes: If you were actually secure in your own "powers" you wouldn't need to brag about it on the Internet. I'm sure the more respectable security personnel like 95EagleAWD would like to thank you for perpetuating the stereotype.

95EagleAWD
02-05-2006, 07:54 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rolleyes: If you were actually secure in your own "powers" you wouldn't need to brag about it on the Internet. I'm sure the more respectable security personnel like 95EagleAWD would like to thank you for perpetuating the stereotype.

Just to clear this up, Brink's isn't really a "security" company.

To be blunt, we're like FedEx, except our trucks are much, much uglier. We deal exclusively with high-value liability, though, so we're armed for our own defense. We're a delivery company, plain and simple.

SLR
02-06-2006, 03:17 AM
Well, I guess if a chinook mall guard wants to try to arrest me, I can resist his is face into the concrete... without consequence. Not that it would ever happen since I don't do illegal shit... but god help them if they make that mistake.

CI_Josh
02-06-2006, 05:10 AM
HAHA, I'm not really bragging about it, I was just giving a heads up on it, and I wasn't really saying they are going to arrest you just for mouthing off, thats not really an indictable offence unless you are talking to a judge or your mother...hehe (my mommy used to give me one if I was being a brat....ahh the good old days).

BTW, I'm not a security guard, although a few years back I used to be, mall guards arn't even (at least when I used to be one) allowed to carry anything that is considered an offensive weapon (can any current guards confirm?) that includes even a big flashlight.

95EagleAWD
02-06-2006, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by SLR
Well, I guess if a chinook mall guard wants to try to arrest me, I can resist his is face into the concrete... without consequence. Not that it would ever happen since I don't do illegal shit... but god help them if they make that mistake.

If a Chinook guard wants to arrest you and you resist, you'll go to jail, no question. Don't be a douchebag. They can and will arrest you, and they will beat you into the ground if you "resist his face into the concrete".

CI_Josh: West Edmonton Mall security is armed with batons, as is Edmonton Transit security. Vancouver Transit security, as you may know, has .40 Glocks now.

GTS Jeff
02-06-2006, 10:34 AM

If a Chinook guard wants to arrest you and you resist, you'll go to jail, no question. What is the legality behind this? I couldn't imagine some chump who applied for a $11/hr job being granted priviledges like a real cop.

And really, what if someone just ran off WEM property? Out of jurisdiction, biatch!

ringmaster
02-06-2006, 11:14 AM

I am surprised no one has disclosed the answer to this question. The reason they walk around with their arms puffed out is that they suffer from a common condition known as ILS. Acronym for Inflated Lat Syndrome. ILS is a primal threat/mating display observed in the human male. The ILS display involves the male human holding out it’s arms away from it’s body at approximately a 20-40 degree angle and then walking with a slow deliberate gait inorder to look more imposing to other humans. The posture is used primarily as a form of non-verbal communication such as a mating display to attract or impress females or as a defense or dominance posture to appear larger to a threat or to intimidate rival males.

ILS displays can be observed :
In the gym after an insecure male works out for 3-5 minutes.
On the beach when a single male approaches a group of females.
When a male enters a bar or dance club.
When a male is too scared to throw the first punch in a fight.
On the outside of mosh pits by the bouncer who’s had enough of sweaty punks bumping in to him.
Being displayed by Rent - a - cops through out the world.

I have diagnosed this condition many times and unfortunately there is only one cure at present time. A bitch slap in the face, followed by a kick to the nuts. Hope this helps.

TimG
02-06-2006, 12:10 PM
any private security guard has no more rights or priveledges than any other private citizen.

What they can do is place you under citizen's arrest and detain you until the police to arrive.

It becomes a very sticky situation when this happens because the arrestee may claim that the arrestor used excessive force (assault), false imprisonment, kidnapping, etc or if the arrestee's civil rights are violated, then the arrestor and his employer may be taken to court.

CI_Josh
02-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Hmm are they Glock 22s? I carry a concealable Glock 19 when I'm hired for Personal Security, I love the glock series I think everyone should have them! Haha, by that I mean people ALLOWED to carry guys... (Sorry to all you 16 year old gangster wannabes.) But thats good to know that some guard assignments get to carry a baton now, to be honest when I used to be a mall guard it would be scary sometimes trying to arrest somebody with MAYBE a pocket knife as last ditch defense and only your handcuffs...

Also, to the guys that wanna smash a guard in the face, kick him in the jewels and just act like a damn tool, please, OH PLEASE can you call me before you do this so I can come and watch you:

1. Get the tides turned on you before you know what hits you. And see you get your face smashed into a wall and have the police laugh at your bleeding nose.

2. You start crying to mommy when the PD shows up.

3. Get arrested for a number of charges.

and;

4. (If you hurt the guard) Watch as the cops decide you need either a shot of pepperspray or a jolt from a tazer to make you behave.

P.S. - Handcuffs HURT BAD if "accidently" over tightened. Just a thought for you...

Make no mistakes here, cops look out for guards like they are younger siblings.

GTS Jeff: It can be as low as $8.50 an hour for some shitty assignments and upwards of $50 an hour for what I do, also training is more in depth then your average burger joint job and you can take it as far as internationally recognised degrees such as CPO and CSS. All security guard jobs are also screened at the federal level for backround checks and what not, it's usually not some "chump" even though, I admit, the odd one does get through.

SLR
02-06-2006, 12:53 PM
Ok so anyways, a security guard is merely a normal civilian citizen who can make a citizens arrest... and not acting on behalf of a law inforcment agency... therefore resisting unlawful detainment is my right as a citizen... so if he brings out a baton, I can club his ass with a baseball bat? Sounds good. :LOL:

Josh, why so defensive?

CI_Josh
02-06-2006, 01:47 PM
Meh, you should be supportive of these types of people too in the end they are out there helping to keep you safe.

I think the defensiveness comes from being one before though. haha:)

But they do actually have more powers then a civi when they are guarding a property ex: a mall guard while on mall property, but as soon as you cross the street (unless you did something pretty bad) they are SOL when it comes to going after you, let alone even TOUCHING you.

95EagleAWD
02-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by SLR
Ok so anyways, a security guard is merely a normal civilian citizen who can make a citizens arrest... and not acting on behalf of a law inforcment agency... therefore resisting unlawful detainment is my right as a citizen... so if he brings out a baton, I can club his ass with a baseball bat? Sounds good. :LOL:

Josh, why so defensive?

Depends on the Private Security Guard. I dunno about WEM, but University Campus Security have been given Special Constable status and have the right to arrest you and may be getting sidearms in the future (as they should) Same with the new PPOs on the highway.

Use of force in Canada, contrary to a lot of myths and popular belief, is not a "you can only use a similar weapon" model. If someone came at me with a baseball bat at work, he'd get shot, plain and simple. You could easily kill me with a bat and the law says I can defend myself with any tool at my disposal.

CI_Josh: What is it you do that allows you to carry a Glock 19 in Canada? That's a prohibited firearm, and illegal up here.

arian_ma
02-06-2006, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Bill Cosby

being gay also affects the way you walk

Hahahahahahhahahahahah
lmao damnit man I'm in the freaking library.

69cougar
02-06-2006, 09:51 PM

Use of force in Canada, contrary to a lot of myths and popular belief, is not a "you can only use a similar weapon" model.

+1model is the accepted norm

BlueGoblin
02-07-2006, 01:43 AM
Hmm are they Glock 22s? I carry a concealable Glock 19 when I'm hired for Personal Security

Hmmm. Sorry, but unless you are talking about working in the U.S. or another country outside of Canada, then I'm thinking that this is not entirely true.

Civilian concealed carry permits are extremely rare in Canada, as in about 6 at any given time, and none of them work in the security industry. the Glock 19 is, as 95EagleAWD pointed out, a prohibited weapon in Canada. Those who are allowed and need to conceal Glocks, I am told, carry a different model of Glock - despite being legally allowed to possess prohibited weapons.

CI_Josh
02-07-2006, 01:44 AM
95EagleAWD: I hold a position within the DND, thats about all you can know the rest is classified, I do not carry a rank however. I also have a part time security consultation job for some bigger real estate companies.

CI_Josh
02-07-2006, 01:57 AM
BlueGoblin: Thats a half truth actually, 3 people I work with carry the Glock 19, what we have been trying and have been unsuccessful at attaining for the past couple years are the Glock 18's are you sure this is not what you are talking about? Not that it really matters in my case anymore I'm about one mag away from trading in for the new Sig P229R, as much as I do love the Glock name, Sig has been climbing my ladder lately.

Lo)2enz0
02-07-2006, 02:12 AM
gun guns guns

some old to me because if you have a gun you have authority, and a short temper if you need one

Shrad
02-07-2006, 03:04 AM
Do you ever seriously write legible posts? It sounds like you broke out of the retard-pen at the hospital and finished drooling on the keyboard, and then proceeded to mash out that sentence with your forehead.

Glock 18's are... relatively impossible to civilian own. I don't know, the whole "fully-automatic the size of a pistol" seems to make the gov't scared.

I was never a big fan of SiG's (although they make some damn small guns), or Walther's either (The P99 I thought was just terrible to fire).

CI_Josh
02-07-2006, 04:04 AM
Well I'm not really civi... but not fully military either... Its a grey zone, but when I was in the U.S. 2 years ago, playing at the range with the G18 was too fun for words.

The P99 was only made famous cause of the Bond Movies, if Bond hadn't have started using the gun I bet we would have seen it fade from view long ago, everything about it was just... I don't even know... wrong...:banghead:

Lo)2enz0: Carrying a gun is very very very VERY hot issue here in Canada especially right now, if I can get away with NOT being armed I usually take advantage of it. Sometimes I need to be, or I'm asked/told to be, I don't feel anymore authority with or without it and I certainly don't have a short temper, to be honest I've only had to draw my gun once on somebody, and I was lucky enough to not have to pull the trigger.

SLR
02-07-2006, 04:42 AM
There is nothing wrong with having a concealed carry permit. The funny part about this is that I bet I could probably walk around with a pistol in my shoulder and NEVER get hassled for it. Why? Because I am not getting in shit with the law or searched. When and if the time came where I needed to actually use it.. it would be worth the charges. Hmmm...

CI_Josh
02-07-2006, 05:01 AM
SLR: I agree. But if it happened to slip that you are armed or if you are walking, on the train, etc etc... and someone sees it they are gonna call the police and you're going to jail. But if you wanna try it by all means... I even have a shoulder holster I don't use anymore, its nylon and has velcro as well as a snapped secure strap and has 2 pouches for mags on the opposite side. Its yours for 30 bucks.:rofl:

BlueGoblin
02-07-2006, 11:17 AM
BlueGoblin: Thats a half truth actually, 3 people I work with carry the Glock 19, what we have been trying and have been unsuccessful at attaining for the past couple years are the Glock 18's are you sure this is not what you are talking about? Not that it really matters in my case anymore I'm about one mag away from trading in for the new Sig P229R, as much as I do love the Glock name, Sig has been climbing my ladder lately.

Ah, yes, but they are not strictly civilian conceal carry permits though. The legal authority in those cases to carry and conceal is derived from, ahem, elsewhere. And yes, the Sig is the weapon of choice in my contact's agency, although it had been a Glock model altogether different from the 18/19. That Glock had been chosen in part for concealment, but mostly due to its calibre.

Part of what makes me skeptical about your claims is that all of my contacts in the industry have very restrictive conditions on outside employment; a side job of doing private security being perhaps the biggest Oh Henry in the hot tub of all.

sweetchariot
02-07-2006, 11:38 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shrad
[B]Do you ever seriously write legible posts? It sounds like you broke out of the retard-pen at the hospital and finished drooling on the keyboard, and then proceeded to mash out that sentence with your forehead.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sweetchariot
02-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Going back to the original post, I dunno why transit cops walk with puffy arms, they hardly carry any shit on there batman belts.

Gman.45
02-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Skeptical? I'm a little past that.

CI Josh, you're digging a bigger hole for yourself with each post. I'd suggest just to stop talking.

About me: I'm an instructor with SigArms Academy (www.sigarmsacademy.com), as well as a Canadian Private military company. My partner works for the 2 biggest PSD companies in Iraq. Both of us have been subjects of CBC TV 2 hour specials on private military companies and their operatives, in addition to a documentary that will air on Discovery coming up shortly. I've been trained by, trained with, and subsequently now train some of the best people in the world in the PSD industry.

I know BS when I see it. I'm seeing it right now.

If you're truly going to try to get into EPS, this thing called a polygraph is likely going to disqualify you if you spew as much crap in the real world as you are doing on the net.

Expiredsoda
02-07-2006, 11:41 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The fact that you even mentioned you're trying to get a glock 18 is making my sides crack. Why don't you go try to impress some kids at a school playground with your stories, cuz they don't work here.

69cougar
02-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by sweetchariot
Going back to the original post, I dunno why transit cops walk with puffy arms, they hardly carry any shit on there batman belts.

Where the fuck else are they suppose to carry their shit? They have a radio, baton, handcuffs, spray, and violation ticket clipboards Perhaps in a briefcase??

Lo)2enz0
02-07-2006, 03:32 PM

Lo)2enz0: Carrying a gun is very very very VERY hot issue here in Canada especially right now, if I can get away with NOT being armed I usually take advantage of it. Sometimes I need to be, or I'm asked/told to be, I don't feel anymore authority with or without it and I certainly don't have a short temper, to be honest I've only had to draw my gun once on somebody, and I was lucky enough to not have to pull the trigger.

you sound like morgan freeman when he was in seven

95EagleAWD
02-07-2006, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Gman.45

If you're truly going to try to get into EPS, this thing called a polygraph is likely going to disqualify you if you spew as much crap in the real world as you are doing on the net.

I've been through a polygraph before... it's completely nerve racking, even though I knew I was innocent. I'm so not pumped for my EPS 'graph... :thumbsdow

CI_Josh
02-07-2006, 07:43 PM
:drama: I got nothing to prove, I know that, I'm cool with it, glad you can just walk in and start spouting your creds, shame your in the exact same position I am... The interweb counts for sweet FA I'm afraid... Anyone can say they are a cop, guard, princess or president who really knows?

The original question in this thead has been answered so the rest of it all I say: :whocares: we each have our jobs and we each do them.

TurboMedic
02-07-2006, 07:56 PM
Whats with all the hate for the Walthers??? I personally think the P99 is one of the nicest I've shot....The designers took what Glock had done wrong (as they had been laid off by Glock), and improved on them with all new budget....In the end you get a comfortable, small, reasonably balanced (albeit a bit lightweight) handgun! Glocks are famous because they're cheap, and they're workhorses.....I hate the mag release location on them....anyhow....

95EagleAWD
02-07-2006, 08:17 PM
Mag release on the Glocks is great for leftys. I like it quite a bit.

The best thing about Glocks is that you can just abuse the shit out of them. They take anything.

SLR
02-08-2006, 04:59 AM
I'm a lefty and I cant stand the glock mag release, nor can I stand the balance/grip on it. Seemed a bit rear-heavy (for lack of better descrip) I shot a little .380 a while ago that was older but really nice. Unload-reload-chamber in .7 seconds.

Tomaz
02-08-2006, 07:59 AM
I dont remeber where the release was on the Glock, all i know is that it felt like a toy gun in my hand. It just seemed, loose, i guess it's the best word to describe it. Havent really found a preferance quite yet. Mind you i am kinda new to all of it :S

95EagleAWD
02-09-2006, 12:26 AM
:drama: I got nothing to prove, I know that, I'm cool with it, glad you can just walk in and start spouting your creds, shame your in the exact same position I am... The interweb counts for sweet FA I'm afraid... Anyone can say they are a cop, guard, princess or president who really knows?

The original question in this thead has been answered so the rest of it all I say: :whocares: we each have our jobs and we each do them.

So I'm curious, then... what do you do? CSIS? You say it's half-civi and half-military, but nothing like that exists in Canada. And you can't get a civilian concealed carry permit. You can't even get a carry permit for a holstered weapon without good reason. Mine in my wallet states the reason I'm allowed to carry a prohibited handgun (yes, our POS .38s are prohibs) and it's strictly the reason of self-defense while I'm working. It also serves as a Transport Permit for taking a weapon to/from the range while I'm in uniform and the weapon is holstered and I'm in my own car (IE: not officially at work).

And just for the record, Glock 18s are toys. There's no reason for a full-auto handgun, you can't aim them. If you like the Glock 18 as a real weapon, you must be an Uzi fan too... :rolleyes:

HTN SWCHS
02-09-2006, 12:34 AM
i have a shotgun in my car and a dessert eagle and rifle in my garage, does that make me cool? no, 95eagleawd, youve been bragging about your brinks issued weapons, shut the fuck up about it, :whocares:

95EagleAWD
02-09-2006, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by HTN SWCHS
i have a shotgun in my car and a dessert eagle and rifle in my garage, does that make me cool? no, 95eagleawd, youve been bragging about your brinks issued weapons, shut the fuck up about it, :whocares:

I don't brag about any weapons I carry on the job. I simply state that I do.

You carry a shotgun in your car? Police vehicle?

A Desert Eagle and rifle in your garage? That's illegal you know, restricted weapons like that have to be locked up. Way to promote responsible firearms ownership. :guns:

BerserkerCatSplat
02-09-2006, 01:02 AM

I don't brag about any weapons I carry on the job. I simply state that I do.

You carry a shotgun in your car? Police vehicle?

A Desert Eagle and rifle in your garage? That's illegal you know, restricted weapons like that have to be locked up. Way to promote responsible firearms ownership. :guns:

He probably owns nothing but Airsoft. :nut:

95EagleAWD
02-09-2006, 01:07 AM
^^

I always love your sigs. :thumbsup:

BerserkerCatSplat
02-09-2006, 01:27 AM
^^

I always love your sigs. :thumbsup:

Thanks, I try to keep them at least mildly entertaining. :D

CI_Josh
02-09-2006, 01:38 AM
I can't believe this silly thread is still alive, haha.

I love Uzi's but they really serve no purpose cept as a nice way to calm down after a stressful week at work... haha.

Shotgun in your car? like one of those ones that shoots those bright orange sticky darts?:rofl:

Ahh the IA Desert Eagle wanna talk about a useless hand gun? Now we're talkin' who needs .50cal tank shells in a 8975039245 lbs. handgun anyways? Not to mention chrome plated?! :barf: :thumbsdow :rofl:

Your allowed to carry your gun in your car? Do you have to be in uniform? I didn't know that to tell you the truth, I thought you had to check it out of a gun locker when you get to work and check it back in before you leave.

CSIS? HA, what a joke, they arn't armed, not a single one, and FTR I am a member of the CF but as I stated I do NOT carry a rank. Its complicated and I'm not to talk about it, I can however say that I do, do undercover personal protection/security for foreign/domestic VIPs which have declined the use of uniformed guards for one reason or another. Who? I cannot say, as I'm sure you understand.

95EagleAWD
02-09-2006, 01:49 AM
I can't believe this silly thread is still alive, haha.

I love Uzi's but they really serve no purpose cept as a nice way to calm down after a stressful week at work... haha.

Shotgun in your car? like one of those ones that shoots those bright orange sticky darts?:rofl:

Ahh the IA Desert Eagle wanna talk about a useless hand gun? Now we're talkin' who needs .50cal tank shells in a 8975039245 lbs. handgun anyways? Not to mention chrome plated?! :barf: :thumbsdow :rofl:

Your allowed to carry your gun in your car? Do you have to be in uniform? I didn't know that to tell you the truth, I thought you had to check it out of a gun locker when you get to work and check it back in before you leave.

CSIS? HA, what a joke, they arn't armed, not a single one, and FTR I am a member of the CF but as I stated I do NOT carry a rank. Its complicated and I'm not to talk about it, I can however say that I do, do undercover personal protection/security for foreign/domestic VIPs which have declined the use of uniformed guards for one reason or another. Who? I cannot say, as I'm sure you understand.

DEagles = :thumbsdow

Yes I have to be in unifom to carry a holstered gun at any time. I check my .38 in and out every day. It never comes home.

I'm pretty sure I know where you work now. Just comfirming my suspicions. Good work, it's a tough job to get.

CI_Josh
02-09-2006, 02:15 AM
It wasn't that tough really but I went hardcore in my training I guess... I dunno.

What I really want to get onto is CPS or even RCMP and try to (if RCMP) get a job someplace foreign possibly at an embassy or something.

How much does Brinks pay? lol :)

CI_Josh
02-09-2006, 02:37 AM
One funny story I can tell you is though:

I was posted in Ottawa for some Canada Day security, and I have some friends in JTF2 and one of my friends saw one of them in the crowd so he walked up to "them" and was all like,

"Hey hows it going, I didn't know you were gonna be here. What are you up to?"

He didn't even think about it, then the JTF2 "person" speaks into their sleeve, "Ex Over".

Then some of the unit came over and they were all like, "WTF is going on?"

and the person says, "My friend and his buddies here are going to get us drunk for fucking our Op."

That was a pretty fun Canada Day. :rofl:

BlueGoblin
02-09-2006, 02:40 AM

An Uzi is more 'practical' than the Glock 18 you mentioned earlier. They are just goofy toys (as 95EagleAWD pointed out), even with the wrist brace they are wild firing. No one would ever seriously carry one of those for any sort of duty where using it in public was a possibility unless you were OK spraying rounds at random and reloading every 1.5 seconds...

Incidentally, earlier in the thread, you had mentioned

I thought you carried your gun only for covert purposes. During your 'civilian-life' security operations, you would not be able to carry the spray or the gun. If you are a member of the CF and carry all this equipment, then you would be an MP and therefore carry a rank. MCpl or higher, if I recall. And also, who would you be arresting as a close protection guy? Rhetorical, I know, as you 'can't answer that', but nevertheless. There are those on this board who do know something about this field. You seem not be one of them, I am afraid.

CI_Josh
02-09-2006, 02:48 AM
Good point, what I didn't mention was that was another job I had before my current one, I didn't mean for the confusion. I do still carry handcuffs however.

Thanks for comming out BlueGoblin but sorry to say, you know shit about my job because you would need security clearance higher then that of 1st Lieutenant. - I love all you civi "know-it-all's" Sadly it is you that is the one here that knows nothing. Kthxbye.

BlueGoblin
02-09-2006, 03:01 AM
Never claimed to know it all. I am just reasonably good at seeing inconsistencies.

SLR
02-09-2006, 03:47 AM
SLR FTW!!!111!

BlueGoblin
02-09-2006, 12:33 PM
I hate to beat a dead horse here too, or in this case, poke a salted slug, but I cannot resist;

For all the talk of security clearances, if you were telling the truth about JTF2 being operational in Canada on Canada Day, then you have probably divulged enough to sewer yourself seriously. A JTF2 operational deployment on Canadian soil would be irregular; very irregular. A covert military operation -even in the guise of training- within a public gathering as you described would and should be very classified. The citizens of Canada do not expect the CF to be acting in a policing role on Canadian soil.

Finally, if they feel that having some numpty come up and talk to them during a covert op is enough to blow their op, then they really do need a little more training.

69cougar
02-09-2006, 01:55 PM
I

It wasn't that tough really but I went hardcore in my training I guess... I dunno.

What I really want to get onto is CPS or even RCMP and try to (if RCMP) get a job someplace foreign possibly at an embassy or something.

One funny story I can tell you is though:

I was posted in Ottawa for some Canada Day security, and I have some friends in JTF2 and one of my friends saw one of them in the crowd so he walked up to "them" and was all like,

"Hey hows it going, I didn't know you were gonna be here. What are you up to?"

He didn't even think about it, then the JTF2 "person" speaks into their sleeve, "Ex Over".

Then some of the unit came over and they were all like, "WTF is going on?"

and the person says, "My friend and his buddies here are going to get us drunk for fucking our Op."

That was a pretty fun Canada Day. :rofl:

Good point, what I didn't mention was that was another job I had before my current one, I didn't mean for the confusion. I do still carry handcuffs however.

Thanks for comming out BlueGoblin but sorry to say, you know shit about my job because you would need security clearance higher then that of 1st Lieutenant. - I love all you civi "know-it-all's" Sadly it is you that is the one here that knows nothing. Kthxbye.

What a bunch of bullshit. Do you ever shut up. There are numerous holes in your story and comments. Your user info states you were born in 1985.

You are 21 maybe. I don't think 3 years in the CF would get you to the kind of posistion that you claim to hold.

CF does not do personal protection or VIP detail. It is handled exclusivly by RCMP who suqonder (sp?) local municpal forces as needed.

CSIS is made up almost entirly of RCMP both active and retired. Almost all of them have access to side arms and most carry.

If you really wanted to get in to CPS or RCMP I dont think you'd have a problem right now with the current shortage of qualified applicants. I guess the fact you are a delusional pathological liar may damage your chances.

Do you really honestly beleive that JTF does any operations in Canada?? Do some more research on the unit before you claim to know who they are and what they do. Even if it were true I am sure they are not going to all leave whatever it was they were doing to talk to a buddy.

Security clearances in Canada are not assigned by rank. They are assigned by need to know access. I know this becasue I have held posistions in the past with defence contractors working direcetly with DND.

It's people like you that feed the fire on Beyond about peace officers.

CI_Josh
02-09-2006, 04:32 PM

What a bunch of bullshit. Do you ever shut up. There are numerous holes in your story and comments. Your user info states you were born in 1985.

You are 21 maybe. I don't think 3 years in the CF would get you to the kind of posistion that you claim to hold.

CF does not do personal protection or VIP detail. It is handled exclusivly by RCMP who suqonder (sp?) local municpal forces as needed.

CSIS is made up almost entirly of RCMP both active and retired. Almost all of them have access to side arms and most carry.

If you really wanted to get in to CPS or RCMP I dont think you'd have a problem right now with the current shortage of qualified applicants. I guess the fact you are a delusional pathological liar may damage your chances.

Do you really honestly beleive that JTF does any operations in Canada?? Do some more research on the unit before you claim to know who they are and what they do. Even if it were true I am sure they are not going to all leave whatever it was they were doing to talk to a buddy.

Security clearances in Canada are not assigned by rank. They are assigned by need to know access. I know this becasue I have held posistions in the past with defence contractors working direcetly with DND.

It's people like you that feed the fire on Beyond about peace officers.

Whatever you say pal. Training ops take place on Canadian soil every day, there is actually one happening in your back yard tonight.

No info was supplied that wasn't classified, get over yourself you don't know half about what you are talking about, just reading what you can on public websites.

rc2002
02-09-2006, 05:04 PM
The original question has already been answered! This thread is getting out of hand now. It's turned into a debate club meeting. You guys should take it to PM!

:closed:

BlueGoblin
02-09-2006, 05:18 PM
CI_Josh. You are absolutely right on one thing. I know shit about your job, whatever it is.

I can probably surmise though that your hobbies include reading Soldier of Fortune, Esprit de Corps (for the realism), Guns & Ammo, as well as online role-playing and possibly even a little arm puffing.

I think, in a weird way, we are actually getting a little closer to the answer that Jeff was looking for.

95EagleAWD
02-09-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by BlueGoblin
I hate to beat a dead horse here too, or in this case, poke a salted slug, but I cannot resist;

For all the talk of security clearances, if you were telling the truth about JTF2 being operational in Canada on Canada Day, then you have probably divulged enough to sewer yourself seriously. A JTF2 operational deployment on Canadian soil would be irregular; very irregular. A covert military operation -even in the guise of training- within a public gathering as you described would and should be very classified. The citizens of Canada do not expect the CF to be acting in a policing role on Canadian soil.

Finally, if they feel that having some numpty come up and talk to them during a covert op is enough to blow their op, then they really do need a little more training.

Read Canada's Secret Commandos. JTF2 has been operational inside Canadian borders before.

JTF2 does do VIP escort as well.

BerserkerCatSplat
02-09-2006, 05:22 PM

Read Canada's Secret Commandos. JTF2 has been operational inside Canadian borders before.

JTF2 does do VIP escort as well.

Debate over who does what aside, that's a really interesting book and I recommend it to prety much anyone who has any interest in the Canadian special forces at all.

BlueGoblin
02-09-2006, 05:28 PM
^ I have not read it, but my understanding, their operational deployment within Canada has been primarily training or for terrorist situations (hijacking/hostage) here or for other extraordinary circumstances. They do absolutely do VIP Escort, but they do it for our people in other countries, and they do not do it covertly, like the US Secret Service guys in their issue black suits and sunglasses.

They are not, I assume, tasked with covertly infiltrating Canadian crowds.

RCMP is responsible for close protection of IPP's within out borders.

Gman.45
02-09-2006, 05:55 PM
This is pretty entertaining. What is it with BS artists ALWAYS claiming to be in some quasi-grey area "not really military, but not civilian either" agency.

Spouting off about being on "ex" with a bunch of Hill boys on Canada day? Beaking off about "shoulder holsters" as if somebody operational has actually used one in the last decade. CSIS agents being unarmed? The laughs go on and on.

The only thing Josh has gotten right so far is that JTF has operated in Canada. I have this from a reliable source. His name is Sean, he is amoung the first military members of JTF, and now owns a coffee shop here in Calgary. I met him when my partner and I were running the firearms/CQB portion of a close protection course taught by Globe Risk here in Calgary (www.globerisk.com). A documentary of this and my partner and I aired on the CBC Sunday edition not long ago. Discovery channel as a 2 hour episode in the works which is in post production in BC at the moment.

" I love all you civi "know-it-all's" Sadly it is you that is the one here that knows nothing. Kthxbye." Sort of like you? It's funny, I believe this thread was started about people like you - rent a cops.

Also, there is no way you have a civilian permit to carry a restricted firearm in this city. I know this, as I have no recollection of you, and myself and one other person who is a good pal who has no idea who the fuck you are either have done ALL of the training for people issued carry permits for either wildlife defence, or proven threats to their life in the province of Alberta for several years.

You claim you do Close Protection Specialist work for the military as a civilian? Interesting. I was under the impression that MY FUCKING COMPANY has the exclusive contract for this, including the upcoming Canadian Embassy CP tasking in Iraq, where my partner has been operating for 2 years laying the groundwork, as well as working for Triple Canopy and Blackwater.

As for getting into CPS or the RCMP. Foget it with your BS. Two angencies you are claiming to know much about and have "operated" with contain immediate family members of mine. One is a training officer at Depot for the RCMP. He used to be in "Special O" prior to it becoming CSIS. He also happens to be my father.

You shit on every member of our armed forces when you brag off and lie about yourself there pal, remember that every time you do it.

http://www.canadiantactical.ca/Images/McMillan50.jpg

Hey josh, if you know so much about JTF, operating in Ottawa, and CPS/military/civilian/grey area bs, I'll give you ten thousand dollars if you can tell me where this pic was taken. Should be easy if you are who you say you are, and trained where you should have been trained.

Orbie
02-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Haha, uh oh Busted! I was waiting for Gman to make another post on this thread and shut this guy down...

69cougar
02-09-2006, 08:30 PM
Oh oh oh I know!!! Thats obviously taken at that base. You know the one that doesn't exsist. Oh shit I have said too much but you now know I am the real deal. Thats where I fired off my Luger and put together a c9 with a nade launcher yo. But hey do you know where it is??