PDA

View Full Version : Lets Increase the Subaru Community (joint effort)

vincent-h
02-01-2006, 02:01 PM
Hey guys lets all try to increase the popularity of our Subaru community among other subaru owners.

If you have seen or know of locations of Subaru's and subaru owners that are not yet a member of these boards or the subaru boards, be sure to try to get a hold of them maybe stop by their house if u see them in their driveway and give them a head up.

Recently I saw a subaru wrx in my area and i don't think he's a member of any boards or knows of our meets so i gave him a heads up and he seemed quite delighted to know there was such a thing. so i encourgae you all to chase down other subaru owners that may look interested and what not and let them know the rest of the family is out there and to get them to come join if at all possible!

Cheers!

CRXguy
02-01-2006, 03:25 PM
I think most people would freak out if you approach them like that. :rofl:

Foz
02-01-2006, 03:41 PM
Scoob stalking.. alright!

:eek:

mac_82
02-01-2006, 03:53 PM
I tried with the owner of Thai Thai subs on 17th, didn't work out very well. Boy was the staff tripping out when they thought my car was his blue sti lol.

That.Guy.S30
02-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy
I think most people would freak out if you approach them like that. :rofl:

yea man.. quit following me around!! lol

mac_82
02-01-2006, 05:38 PM
^^ Don't worry thi thi you are still my fav. :thumbsup:

GC84ever
02-02-2006, 12:52 AM
I have already tried talking to a guy that I work with, he has a 05 WRX. He seemed interested but he never showed.

JAYMEZ
02-02-2006, 01:09 AM
Ive talked to a few guys , i think they just roam around. We just need more information to offer them

Foz
02-02-2006, 01:13 AM
Some Subaru clubs have printed off flyers and attached them onto Sube's windshields..

Not sure if this would interest them or turn them away.

mac_82
02-02-2006, 11:28 AM
I could design up some sexy flyers if someone wanted to print and distribute at the next suby meet.

vincent-h
02-02-2006, 01:49 PM
flyers= big no no.

everytime i seea flyer on my windshield steps usually go as follow

1. start car
2. damn another flyer
3. rolll down window
4. tunr on windshield wiper
5. grab flyer
6. chuck in garbage
7. drive away.

haha

ya we have to somehow make it more appealing to join our community. maybe we can talk to our local subaru dealers regarding this and they can pass on information to prospective subaru buyers?

or leave a flyer at thier place? thi sis awin situation for them as it will increase more word about subarus for thema nd create more customer loyalty. maybe we could even get themt o pay for priniting if we let them leave their name on it :D

anyways what you guys think?

rip
02-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Well i'm a new subaru owner myself. I will most likely participate on the boards only as i'm not located in Edmonton or Calgary, but if I am in town when there is a meet I would definatley come out.

I am also a member of NASIOC.

So far all I have is good things to say about my new STi. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Pee_Sack
02-02-2006, 02:08 PM
^^ I dont live in a edmonton or calgary but I am pretty regular on here :D

even before there was a suby section

That.Guy.S30
02-02-2006, 02:09 PM
or we can get some decals..

benyl
02-02-2006, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by vincent-h

ya we have to somehow make it more appealing to join our community. maybe we can talk to our local subaru dealers regarding this and they can pass on information to prospective subaru buyers?

or leave a flyer at thier place? thi sis awin situation for them as it will increase more word about subarus for thema nd create more customer loyalty. maybe we could even get themt o pay for priniting if we let them leave their name on it :D

anyways what you guys think?

somehow, I think the amount of Subaru dealer bashing that goes on here will make it unappealing for them.

Coaster
02-13-2006, 12:52 PM
As a new (ish) member to the forums I'll throw this question out there for discussion.

What does this group have to offer the Subaru community?

mac_82
02-13-2006, 03:35 PM
Technical knowledge, tuning advice, and of course, Suby Meets!