PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected turbo probe

+GoOdS+
03-09-2003, 03:20 PM
Has anyone ever come up next to a greyish blue probe? I was driving home from downtown last night coming down mcleod trail south and I ended up next to this probe at a set of lights. So we had a bit of a go at it for a few lights, I could hear his turbo so i figured it would be fun to have a good go at it. So at the last set of lights in first and second gear we were very even, but when we hit third, dear god he flew ahead. Traction was a bit of a problem for me in first but he had a pretty strong third gear, I dont have the turbo on my car right now on account of it siezing up, but with it i think it would have been tight all the way if i still had boost. Well when i get another turbo hopefully i can meet up with him again. If anyone knows the story on this car will u let me know... thanks:)

Audi Kid
03-09-2003, 03:22 PM
u race in this kind of weather? stupid.

+GoOdS+
03-09-2003, 03:24 PM
stupid??? dont say anything unless u were there there, roads were fine to have a go at it last night, im not gonna go crazy and wreck my car over a stupid race.
:werd:

szw
03-09-2003, 03:29 PM
hey what year and model is your 200sx?

oops didn't see your sig..

what engine is in there?

+GoOdS+
03-09-2003, 03:31 PM
It is a 85 turbo, 1.8L sohc turbo (CA18ET)

+AsiaN+
03-09-2003, 03:59 PM
:werd:

Audi Kid
03-09-2003, 05:01 PM
dude.......im not gonna argue that racing in -30 weather when your tires barely have grip and there is ice on the side of the road.....................................its people like u "Oh the roads are fine to race la la la la" that have to stop but cant and fucking kill someone...

theken
03-09-2003, 05:08 PM
what do u want to know about the probes??

MrX
03-09-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by +GoOdS+
I dont have the turbo on my car right now on account of it siezing up, but with it i think it would have been tight all the way if i still had boost.

I can't see how your car could even operate normally when it's a turbo car and your turbo isn't in there no more. Care to elaborate more for some clarification?

GTS Jeff
03-09-2003, 05:28 PM
omg its takumi!!

HK2NR
03-09-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
omg its takumi!!
:rofl: :werd:

boi-alien
03-09-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by MrX

I can't see how your car could even operate normally when it's a turbo car and your turbo isn't in there no more. Care to elaborate more for some clarification? i am also very very interested in the explaination as well... do tell..

+GoOdS+
03-09-2003, 08:51 PM
There is 2 different engines available for the S12 in canada the CA20E and the CA18ET. the exhaust manifold fromt he non turbo engine (CA20E) is a direct bolt up to the CA18ET head. So all we had to do was change the exhaust manifold, change the intake, and plug the flow lines to the turbo. That is how we managed to do this. If you have anymore questions i will gladly let you know what was done.

+GoOdS+
03-09-2003, 09:04 PM
its people like u "Oh the roads are fine to race la la la la" that have to stop but cant and fucking kill someone...

The idea of this thread was to try and find out who's car that is or what he has done to it. I didnt post it to hear ur idea's about driving in calgary. Yes driving aggressive in icey conditions is dangerous and can cause accidents. I would not put myself or my car at risk of major damage over a worthless race, if i thought the conditions were to bad to give it some gas i would not have done it. Anyways im not here for retarded arguements and i doubt you are either so lets just get back to some car related chat. Alright?

+AsiaN+
03-09-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Audi Kid
dude.......im not gonna argue that racing in -30 weather when your tires barely have grip and there is ice on the side of the road.....................................its people like u "Oh the roads are fine to race la la la la" that have to stop but cant and fucking kill someone...

look here audi kid my buddy over here "+GoOdS+" is smart enough to know when he can drive his car hard and shit(racing) in this weather. I don't see where ppl like u go around on the internet calling ppl fucking stupid! Just by saying that to my friend you absoulutley don't know what you are talking about. you cannot judge on how icy the road conditions are without even being there yourself. My buddy is one of the best drivers i know and i know for a fact that he would not risk getting his car into a careless accident that could seriously injure someone.. and when i mean one of the best drivers i know i campare him to my cuzins pat, phil, and mike etc.
In the future drop the fucking internet tuff guy act, and grow some balls you fucking queer!! u mess with my friend u mess with me

jdmakkord
03-09-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by +AsiaN+

look here audi kid my buddy over here "+GoOdS+" is smart enough to know when he can drive his car hard and shit(racing) in this weather. I don't see where ppl like u go around on the internet calling ppl fucking stupid! Just by saying that to my friend you absoulutley don't know what you are talking about. you cannot judge on how icy the road conditions are without even being there yourself. My buddy is one of the best drivers i know and i know for a fact that he would not risk getting his car into a careless accident that could seriously injure someone.. and when i mean one of the best drivers i know i campare him to my cuzins pat, phil, and mike etc.
In the future drop the fucking internet tuff guy act, and grow some balls you fucking queer!! u mess with my friend u mess with me :rolleyes:

gpomp
03-09-2003, 09:37 PM
:confused:

gpomp
03-09-2003, 09:38 PM
when i mean one of the best drivers i know i campare him to my cuzins pat, phil, and mike etc.

Whoa.... He must be a really, really good driver if he's better than Pat, Phil, and Mike, etc.

Weapon_R
03-09-2003, 09:41 PM
u mess with my friend u mess with me

:rolleyes: Are you some kind of 15 year old kid or something? What exactly are you going to do if someone 'messes' with your friend on a website? :rofl:

Your friend is a smart guy, it seems. I'm sure he can speak for himself.

+AsiaN+
03-09-2003, 09:41 PM
oh i didn't mean better than them but prolly good as them

gpomp
03-09-2003, 09:43 PM
oh i didn't mean better than them but prolly good as them

Geez, he's really good then huh?

+AsiaN+
03-09-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

:rolleyes: Are you some kind of 15 year old kid or something? What exactly are you going to do if someone 'messes' with your friend on a website? :rofl:

Your friend is a smart guy, it seems. I'm sure he can speak for himself.

nice math buddy i'm 16.. i'm just backing up my friend.. i'm sure if someguy was bashin ur friend u would do tha same thing

+AsiaN+
03-09-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by gpomp

oh yah mang..i bet if he raced one of my cuzins in evenly matched cars he could hold his own

szw
03-09-2003, 09:50 PM
I dunno about that, I heard phil can really drive.

And don't even get me started on Matt!

+GoOdS+
03-09-2003, 09:53 PM

oh yah mang..i bet if he raced one of my cuzins in evenly matched cars he could hold his own

You guys are makin me blush, lol its good being friends with a member of the Tan family:thumbsup:

+AsiaN+
03-09-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by szw
I dunno about that, I heard phil can really drive.

And don't even get me started on Matt!

oh i'm not sayin he can beat phil but my friend is good.. phil is proly best out of all my cuzins... like my friend can hold his own..

and who's matt? i don't have a cuzin matt,, it's only me(kevin), phil, pat, paul, mike, jonard, and tj

szw
03-09-2003, 09:55 PM
Sorry I meant mike not matt

+AsiaN+
03-09-2003, 09:56 PM
ohha hah no problem man

three.eighteen.
03-09-2003, 10:02 PM

nice math buddy i'm 16.. i'm just backing up my friend.. i'm sure if someguy was bashin ur friend u would do tha same thing

ive met, phil, paul, pat and mike...which one are u? lol

+GoOdS+
03-09-2003, 10:08 PM

and who's matt? i don't have a cuzin matt,, it's only me(kevin), phil, pat, paul, mike, jonard, and tj

He says which one he is...
I like ur sig man, one of my good friends drives a 318 so i understand what ur saying

three.eighteen.
03-10-2003, 12:19 AM
heh i was friends with mike at grandin...phil is a crazy good driver, havent talked to any of them lately though, if i make enough money this summer, the 318 could get a little faster...*cough* ghetto boost *cough* :devil:

Audi Kid
03-10-2003, 12:58 AM

The idea of this thread was to try and find out who's car that is or what he has done to it. I didnt post it to hear ur idea's about driving in calgary. Yes driving aggressive in icey conditions is dangerous and can cause accidents. I would not put myself or my car at risk of major damage over a worthless race, if i thought the conditions were to bad to give it some gas i would not have done it. Anyways im not here for retarded arguements and i doubt you are either so lets just get back to some car related chat. Alright?

ya im cool with that.....just hate to see another kid die from street racing......and tell your buddy to chill the fuck out.

nismodrifter
03-10-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.
if i make enough money this summer, the 318 could get a little faster...*cough* ghetto boost *cough* :devil:

ghetto boost seems to be the only way people are goin these days :D

shadowz
03-10-2003, 02:07 AM
Jonard and TJ I havnt seen them forever since they left to the Filipines

CRX crazy
03-10-2003, 02:24 AM
so anyways back to the original meaning of this post..... was it a newer or older probe??? did it have a kit or anything?

theken
03-10-2003, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by CRX crazy
so anyways back to the original meaning of this post..... was it a newer or older probe??? did it have a kit or anything?

probably old, cosidering newer probes aren't turbo, and if someone switched it to a turbo they probably wouldn't be driving it in -30, me on the other hand buy a turbo car for the winter :thumbsup:

RiceCake
03-10-2003, 02:33 AM
heh i was friends with mike at grandin...phil is a crazy good driver, havent talked to any of them lately though, if i make enough money this summer, the 318 could get a little faster...*cough* ghetto boost *cough* :devil:

Vis kit? :confused: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

j/k

Ben
03-10-2003, 02:41 AM
Actually I think AudiKid would be able to kick your ass pretty badly, I wouldn't talk such trash, everyone stop trash talking.:rolleyes:

three.eighteen.
03-10-2003, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by nismodrifter

ghetto boost seems to be the only way people are goin these days :D

heh, not everyone that drives a bmw has the money to modify them the 'right' way

RiceCake
03-10-2003, 03:48 AM

heh, not everyone that drives a bmw has the money to modify them the 'right' way

:werd: That's like my cuz ACS-e36

+AsiaN+
03-10-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by shadowz
Jonard and TJ I havnt seen them forever since they left to the Filipines

jonards back in town.. he got back like on saturday

shadowz
03-10-2003, 12:58 PM

jonards back in town.. he got back like on saturday

Really? I thought he would never come back

Lo)2enz0
03-10-2003, 08:34 PM
ahh interesting. Well personally I agree with audi kid, right now is not a great time to head out and street race because its a good time to kill yourself right now. Think about it, when you guys are in a turn and you take the turn a little inside or outside and you hit a little bit of ice than you loose controll and you can think about what can happen when you hit something going 140km/h or faster. well the more deaths that are caused by racing in dumb envirnoments means that the cops will start cracking down on the hobby even more.

aren't you friends with kim hai? heard alot of good things about your car from him.

Laurier

+GoOdS+
03-10-2003, 08:36 PM
Ok this probe i dont think had a kit and it was older. It may have been lowered a bit but i wasnt looking at it to much. There was a guy in probably his late 30's driving it, he was a bigger guy. Dont know if this helps....

+GoOdS+
03-10-2003, 08:38 PM
Yea Kimhai is one of my best friends, here ya go he was with me that night so he can tell u the roads were fine to be on, and i think we have gotten over the fact that i wasnt gonna kill anyone... But yea Kimhai and me are tight.

+GoOdS+
03-10-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0

aren't you friends with kim hai? heard alot of good things about your car from him.

Laurier

How do u know me? just through kimhai?
if so how do u know kimhai?

Lo)2enz0
03-10-2003, 08:56 PM
i know kimhai from bishop carroll well i haven't seen him since he ditched me at carroll. i hope that little basterd reads this ...**i shake my fist at you kim**. well if its cool with him I am probably going to pop by with my 240sx sometime.

Laurier

Audi Kid
03-10-2003, 09:04 PM
wait a second...what grade are these kids in laurier

Lo)2enz0
03-10-2003, 09:22 PM
they are in gr. 11 mike.

they are friends with that asian kid I used to hang around with (he is a really small guy and he transfered to grandin). but they said they are only 16 so...

Laurier

+GoOdS+
03-10-2003, 09:41 PM
Hey man the kid transfered from granden hasnt posted on here yet, +Asian+ is a different person. Im in grade 12 and they are in grade 11, does that sort things out a bit? hopefully i will get to see ur 240 sometime.:burnout:

+GoOdS+
03-10-2003, 09:49 PM
Audi kid i pm'ed u earlier today.

Lo)2enz0
03-10-2003, 09:50 PM
ya kim has been sending me pm's and thats about it, and he has posted 2 times since he has joined. Looking forward to see your skills. but hey come to the nissan meet, its still being decided on the date but should be cool to get the nissan guys together.

Laurier

Cambo
03-10-2003, 09:53 PM
damn you laurier i'm at obyrne :P

+GoOdS+
03-10-2003, 09:53 PM
Yea man that sounds like it would be fun, i could bring cambo with me. I just wouldnt be popping my hood around there till i get another turbo...

Cambo
03-10-2003, 10:54 PM
Yea Kimhai is one of my best friends, here ya go he was with me that night so he can tell u the roads were fine to be on, and i think we have gotten over the fact that i wasnt gonna kill anyone... But yea Kimhai and me are tight.

Yea i don't think he'd kill me, he wasn't pushing it anyways but its not like we were going 120 on maccleod anyways, who wants to get caught by the cops now eh????

+GoOdS+
03-10-2003, 11:02 PM
well said Kimhai

special blend
03-11-2003, 12:37 PM
I only have one thing to say about all this. Street racing in -30C in the winter. Give your fucking heads a shake. Just goes to show how there are different types of car enthusiasts. Those who actually can enjoy their cars without a crowd and those who build them just to show them off. Your probably the same guys pulling up next to me in the summer all the time trying to get me to race when i'm just cruising with my girl. All I can do is laugh.:dunno:

+GoOdS+
03-11-2003, 08:46 PM
Before u start throwing insults around u should read the whole thread. On saterday night the roads werent bad and i wasnt pushing it. Plus im not retarded enough to wreck my body or my vehicle as stated earlier. But thanks for your opinion:thumbsdow

+AsiaN+
03-11-2003, 11:20 PM
haha ppl gotta read everything before they write something:werd:

Dj_Stylz
03-12-2003, 08:14 AM

Whoa.... He must be a really, really good driver if he's better than Pat, Phil, and Mike, etc. :rofl: :rofl:

+GoOdS+
03-12-2003, 11:14 AM
People need to read he never said i was better then them.

GT2NV
03-12-2003, 06:29 PM
Ok this probe i dont think had a kit and it was older. It may have been lowered a bit but i wasnt looking at it to much. There was a guy in probably his late 30's driving it, he was a bigger guy. Dont know if this helps....
all old probes are turbo:rolleyes:

+AsiaN+
03-12-2003, 06:32 PM
a guy named matt in my school has a probe and it has a mazda engine in it

GT2NV
03-12-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Actually I think AudiKid would be able to kick your ass pretty badly,
yeah so i hear ... we need to buy that kid a cage

+AsiaN+
03-12-2003, 06:39 PM
who is this audi kid anyways?

GT2NV
03-12-2003, 06:41 PM
hes an animal ... lol i dunno

GTS Jeff
03-12-2003, 06:52 PM
a guy named matt in my school has a probe and it has a mazda engine in it uhhh well it IS a probe..

gpomp
03-12-2003, 07:06 PM

Whoa, that must have been hard to put in eh? :thumbsup:

Lo)2enz0
03-12-2003, 07:07 PM
who is this audi kid anyways?

audi kid is a guy who knows what he is talking about. I have known him for just under 2 years and he isn't that bad of a guy. From what I have heard he can drive really well, but every time i see him driving he is ussually driving safe.

Laurier

special blend
03-12-2003, 07:45 PM
All probes have a mazda engine in them as far as I know. The MX6 and probe are basicaly the exact same car just different exterior and interior but the motors , drivetrain etc are the same.

jaylo
03-12-2003, 07:58 PM
I don't know who's probe that is maybe I'll see him around. Be careful next time, even the best drivers could get into an accident.

FallenAngel
03-12-2003, 11:09 PM
The Mazda MX6/Ford Probe are the exact same car mechanically and the only difference is in the body shells. They were built as a joint project between Ford and Mazda.

The first generation MX6 came in four trims: DX, LX, GT, and 4WS. Only the GT and the 4WS had turbos in them.

The first generation Probes also came in turbos and NA, but no Probe ever came with 4WS.

The engine for the 2.2L SOHC Turbo is an F2T, which made 145WHP and 190WTQ. (This was debated for a while, until JayB from PSi Racing did a Dyno on a stock Probe) Mazda apparantly listed the power at the wheels in order to avoid licensing costs in Japan. The power at the crank is something close to 180HP-190HP stock.

There is also a JDM engine available everywhere except in North America known as the FE3, which is a 2.0L DOHC destroked engine which puts out something like 170HP. (NA)

...anything else anyone wants to know?

[ FallenAngel ] <- full of useless information

+GoOdS+
03-13-2003, 05:55 PM
They are all turbo's??? All i know is i could hear the turbo over top of my car which is pretty loud. So it had to be running a decent amount of boost.:dunno:

+AsiaN+
03-13-2003, 06:06 PM
whoa

theken
03-13-2003, 07:02 PM
they are not all turbo, gl's are 2.2na lx are like 3.0 v6, gt is 2.2 turbo, and the only amount of boost that he could be running is a max of 12psi, but the turbo on probes spools quick and is pretty loud, at around 7.3 psi :thumbsup:

+AsiaN+
03-13-2003, 11:04 PM
haha nice avatar theken:thumbsup:

theken
03-13-2003, 11:13 PM
:thumbsup:

ConVict
03-13-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by theken
they are not all turbo, gl's are 2.2na lx are like 3.0 v6, gt is 2.2 turbo, and the only amount of boost that he could be running is a max of 12psi, but the turbo on probes spools quick and is pretty loud, at around 7.3 psi :thumbsup:

Not true, you need about 200 bux worth of ecu programming to get past the 12 psi cut off... I know for a fact the turbo in a stock probe is good up to 16-17 psi

FallenAngel
03-14-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by ConVict

Not true, you need about 200 bux worth of ecu programming to get past the 12 psi cut off... I know for a fact the turbo in a stock probe is good up to 16-17 psi

if you have an 88-89 probe, you can get an ECU chip with no boost cut from AdamTurbo in Vancouver. he only charges about $100 CDN for them, and they work really well. they were designed for the MX6 though, and there are certain Probe ECUs that aren't able to handle it for some reason.

running 16-17 psi on the F2T requires an upgraded fuel pump and fuel injectors. other than that, the engine and turbo can both handle it.

[ FallenAngel ]

ToastiER
03-14-2003, 01:17 AM
I have a 1993 MX-6 LS V6 what would I need to get more psi out of my turbo?

;)

ConVict
03-14-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by ToastiER
I have a 1993 MX-6 LS V6 what would I need to get more psi out of my turbo?

;)

is that stock, or do you have that on your KL-03 ?
not sure when the mx6 changed generations

+GoOdS+
03-14-2003, 08:44 PM
12 psi is not bad, not bad at all:thumbsup:

ConVict
03-15-2003, 12:57 PM
Ya, I am running 12 psi to a straight exhaust... and last night i put over 15 car lengths on a civic off the line, and raced a new gen prelude with a kit, and messed him up bad... Not including the V8's this engine can take, and everysingle v6 modeled car I have ever been up against...

so ya this engine rocks :D wish I wasnt chucking it

anyone looking for a QUICK car for cheap check out the F2T

oh ya I'll also be selling my engine soon for anyone with a 89-92 probe, 88-93 mx6 - or 626

Ben
03-15-2003, 02:41 PM
I hate hearing about "How Many Carlengths!!!!!"

That don't mean SHIT, From where to where, was the guy trying, way to many variables in a street race. the only thing that pulls weight is by how many seconds you beat them by in the 1320.

ConVict
03-15-2003, 04:32 PM
yes they were trying, and so what! it has to do with driving skill, the 1320 doesnt lag you for having a bad reaction time because it only measures when you cross the line...
Ben you cant tell me if you went up against a way faster car, and because you had BETTER driving skills you beat him... would you say " oh it doesnt count because he has a faster car "

No, you would be fucking happy would you not ?

+AsiaN+
03-15-2003, 06:09 PM
Ya, I am running 12 psi to a straight exhaust... and last night i put over 15 car lengths on a civic off the line, and raced a new gen prelude with a kit, and messed him up bad... Not including the V8's this engine can take, and everysingle v6 modeled car I have ever been up against...

so ya this engine rocks :D wish I wasnt chucking it

anyone looking for a QUICK car for cheap check out the F2T

oh ya I'll also be selling my engine soon for anyone with a 89-92 probe, 88-93 mx6 - or 626

why u chucking it?:dunno:

+GoOdS+
03-15-2003, 11:36 PM
Man ur car sounds pretty impressive, if u have any pictures post them up here or PM me a link to where they are.

ConVict
03-16-2003, 01:45 AM

why u chucking it?:dunno:

I am chucking it for bigger and better things my friend!
New motor on the way can put out 275hp on the stock internals :D

FallenAngel
03-16-2003, 11:12 PM

I am chucking it for bigger and better things my friend!
New motor on the way can put out 275hp on the stock internals :D

sounds like an FE3... can you get it in Calgary, or are you importing it?

[ FallenAngel ]

ConVict
03-16-2003, 11:55 PM
Found it in a shop in calgary, at the time there was two. One was already rebuilt and had forged pistons ( was raced ) and they wanted a 1000 and some other shop at a stock one for 2000...

Not sure, do a search call some people. I got pretty lucky but you might too

carguy
03-17-2003, 06:29 PM
u're kinda slow aren't u ??
probe shares the same mazda engine
MX-3,626, mx-6, probe GT 2.5v6's:rofl:

GT2NV
03-17-2003, 11:07 PM
NO THEY DONT!!! MY PROBES A HYBRID I GOT MY ENGINE SWAPPED FROM AN MX6 OKAY!!! lol:rofl:

T5_X
03-19-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by FallenAngel
The Mazda MX6/Ford Probe are the exact same car mechanically and the only difference is in the body shells. They were built as a joint project between Ford and Mazda.

The first generation MX6 came in four trims: DX, LX, GT, and 4WS. Only the GT and the 4WS had turbos in them.

The first generation Probes also came in turbos and NA, but no Probe ever came with 4WS.

The engine for the 2.2L SOHC Turbo is an F2T, which made 145WHP and 190WTQ. (This was debated for a while, until JayB from PSi Racing did a Dyno on a stock Probe) Mazda apparantly listed the power at the wheels in order to avoid licensing costs in Japan. The power at the crank is something close to 180HP-190HP stock.

There is also a JDM engine available everywhere except in North America known as the FE3, which is a 2.0L DOHC destroked engine which puts out something like 170HP. (NA)

...anything else anyone wants to know?

[ FallenAngel ] &lt;- full of useless information

In the last couple years of the 1st gen GT, didn't they have the vulcan 3L?

So before everyone goes around saying ALL probes have only mazda engines, know that this was a FORD pushrod V6.

Ben
03-19-2003, 11:36 AM
yes they were trying, and so what! it has to do with driving skill, the 1320 doesnt lag you for having a bad reaction time because it only measures when you cross the line...
Ben you cant tell me if you went up against a way faster car, and because you had BETTER driving skills you beat him... would you say &quot; oh it doesnt count because he has a faster car &quot;

No, you would be fucking happy would you not ?

WHat you wrote means nothing, you want to find out who is better, the 1/4 mile is far more accurate, the Light turns green at the same time, if you fuck up your reation time, tough shit. Carlenghts mean nothing, your difference in time at the end of the 1320 does. If you are a better driver, then what would you care about reaction time? Light turns green, you go, simple as that. And then who ever gets to the trap first, your gold.