PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Car From the States

Frosty66
02-02-2006, 01:55 AM
I've been recently thinking about buying a car from the states. I just wanted to know if anyone has done that? Is it a lot of hassle? Also I was wondering if anyone knew what a rough shipping estimate for a car would be say 2000KM away. And on a $8000CDN car how much would customs be?

legendboy
02-02-2006, 09:09 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=107279&highlight=importing

CalgarySupra
02-02-2006, 01:47 PM
good thing u bring this up again. be ready to be held AT US customs for a few hours when you EXPORT it and come back to calgary.

THey will ask you tons and tons of questions. no matter if you are white businessman, cattleman, or lebanese, asian or anything.

I usually ship cars with hansel global fowarding when not driving them back.

I was there they asked me every single question possbily, how many girl friends i have, why i have a verizon phone, if i have drugs or alcohol., i dont have any o it and never have touched it. you name it, and even got my finger prints scanned into a computer and a picture taken. this has never happened to me, i have no run ins with the law. just a regular guy. but then again it was sunday night, then after all that the complimented me and said i was very presistant. this is after they said not i am not telling the turth.

they pretend to be stupid then try to catch u. but if u have nothign to hide then dont worry.

oh they will take your car and inspect it and lock the building so u dont leave until they are done.