PDA

View Full Version : SUPERBOWL XL! Official Thread.

urbannomad
02-02-2006, 10:53 PM
All the superbowl talk goes here! :thumbsup:

Steelers Vs. Seahawks

Ford Field, Detroit, Michigan.

Sunday February the 5th.

Who ya got? why? predicting scores?

Me.

Steelers (i had em at the beginnning of the season-no lie :) )

Why?
Steelers play the style of football that needs to be played, pressure/blitz defence and an effective run/pass balance.

i really dont predict scores, buti know a lot of people do!

l8braker
02-02-2006, 10:55 PM
I'm gonna root for the Seahawks, but the Steelers' are going to win it..

habsfan
02-02-2006, 11:00 PM
i dont really have a favorite for this one. both teams deserve it in their own way. i just gotta try to find a way to watch it.

ronaldo
02-02-2006, 11:01 PM
steelers are going to take it....

Sharpie
02-02-2006, 11:05 PM
Dont like either teams, but i hope steelers take it. Do it for the Bus:thumbsup:

Grip172
02-02-2006, 11:32 PM
what's a superbowl?

jfwy..

DelSoln
02-02-2006, 11:57 PM
Go Steelers!! I hope the Bus ends his career as a champion and that Porter kills Stevens. Basically I think the game will boil down to the play in the trenches. Pittsburghs front five will have to be able to keep the sack happy Seahawks from getting to Ben. Hopefully they can open up some holes for the running game as well. On the other hand if the blitz schemes by the Steelers doesn't get to Hasselback he will pick apart the secondary.

CKY
02-03-2006, 02:16 AM
34-28 Steelers, I smell slug fest all the way. I think they'll both come out attacking on opening drives to see if the opposing defenses are aware. I suspect 3rd and early 4th quarter could be a typical dead Steeler's possession-keep running-the-damn-ball drives. It's possible that Joey "the Loud Mouth" Porter might line up on the other side for a few plays on Blitz packages cuz Walter Jones is just too much of a beast. Big Ben might get picked off once or twice cuz Seattle's defense lines up pretty well against Pittsburgh's receivers. I think both teams will run well against each other. Shaun is getting a 100yards and Bettis-Parker 1-2 should end up with numbers slightly lower altogether than Shaun's output.

Wheres everyone watching the game? Home? Bar? House party? Friends?

xin
02-03-2006, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by DelSoln
On the other hand if the blitz schemes by the Steelers doesn't get to Hasselback he will pick apart the secondary.

Ding ding. I think it will be low scoring affair though. Like maybe 17-13. I like the seahawks chances a touch more than the steelers.

cman
02-04-2006, 12:47 AM
Go Steelers go, they're my team. Finally made it to the big game!
I will be buying a ticket for the seahawks though, could be a close game.

max_boost
02-04-2006, 03:26 AM
This game is too hard to predict. I just don't freaking know who will come out on top.

Here's an interesting stat. Hasselbeck wears #8 and Troy Aikman/Steve Young wore #8 and were 5-0 in the Superbowl.

Roethlisberger wears #7 and John Elway and someone else who wore #7 were 3-7 I believe.

haha courtesty of NFL TV, food for thought.

I go with Seattle :D

beecue
02-04-2006, 01:48 PM
too bad the colts arent in it

i say 20-14 pittsburg

anyone know any sites to bet on the game? thx

TEAMFaint
02-04-2006, 02:16 PM
Seattle is slightly favored to win surprizingly. I think I am the only person in Medicine Hat who thinks that Seattle is gonna pull off the win. My prediction is Seattle will win by 3, or if more by three, more than 7.

Seattle had a league leading 50 sacks this season, thats an average of approx. 3 a game for those of us who are too lazy to figure that out. Ben is gonna be very pressured come Sunday.

Another great stat about Seattle is Hasselback has yet to throw an interception in his past 5 games.

Seattle for the win! :bigpimp:

xin
02-04-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by TEAMFaint
Another great stat about Seattle is Hasselback has yet to throw an interception in his past 5 games.

Stats are over rated. Stats wise Colts should take superbowl and but they are already out, Brady hasn't lost in playoffs yet, he was 9-0 before Patriots got pounded. Otherwise, I am with you for the Seahawks. Either way, I will be happy who ever wins. They both deserve to be in it.

Sharpie
02-04-2006, 04:36 PM
Seattle is slightly favored to win surprizingly. I think I am the only person in Medicine Hat who thinks that Seattle is gonna pull off the win. My prediction is Seattle will win by 3, or if more by three, more than 7.

Seattle had a league leading 50 sacks this season, thats an average of approx. 3 a game for those of us who are too lazy to figure that out. Ben is gonna be very pressured come Sunday.

I dunno....
http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/9206450

roopi
02-04-2006, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by beecue
too bad the colts arent in it

i say 20-14 pittsburg

anyone know any sites to bet on the game? thx

I place all my bets through www.sportsinteraction.com :thumbsup:

My wager on this is Pitts and Over.

cman
02-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Seattle is slightly favored to win surprizingly.
What are you talking about, slightly favoured according to who credible?

Sharpie
02-04-2006, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by cman

What are you talking about, slightly favoured according to who credible?
:werd:
www.proline.ca says pits favoured

jus_sum_guy
02-05-2006, 01:25 PM
Anyone know if the game is being broadcasted on the internet somewhere?? I'm stuck at work :thumbsdow

EK 2.0
02-05-2006, 01:27 PM
I vote for the Eskies...

how can you tell I am not a sports fan...haha

mac_82
02-05-2006, 01:38 PM
It has been on Sportsnet and TSN all week that the Steelers are slightly favoured, I think by 4 points, haven't really been paying attention too much though.

Hakkola
02-05-2006, 01:39 PM
Not a HUGE fan of either team, but I hope Pittsburgh will take it, I think each team will score over 20 points, with a couple touchdowns coming off of turnovers returned, I go with Pitts 28-21.

Sharpie
02-05-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by jus_sum_guy
Anyone know if the game is being broadcasted on the internet somewhere?? I'm stuck at work :thumbsdow
www.nfl.com
has a play by play thing, I cant find it now but try closer to 4...

davidI
02-05-2006, 01:53 PM
Seattle :love:

RiCE-DaDDy
02-05-2006, 02:38 PM
here's my picks,

pitts -4 and OVER 46.5
ptts ML and OVER 46.5
pitts ML straight up
seattle ML cover my ass bet

s dime
02-05-2006, 03:59 PM
games at 4?

canadian_hustla
02-05-2006, 04:18 PM
games at 4?

yes

cherpintow
02-05-2006, 04:27 PM
Anyone know if the HD channel on Shaw digital cable shows the american commercials??

s--dime
02-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by cherpintow
Anyone know if the HD channel on Shaw digital cable shows the american commercials??

No the only way to watch the game with the American Channels is if you have a satellite dish ie:Starchoice or bell and subscribe to the american networks.

Sharpie
02-05-2006, 04:50 PM
kick off in t minus 10 min

Team_Mclaren
02-05-2006, 04:51 PM
if you logon fan 960 they should have have it live too. calong with the play by play thing on nfl.com, its better than noth.

I really want the seahawks to win. They are my second favour team other then the Vikings haha

Kobe
02-05-2006, 06:09 PM
3-0 Seahawks

so far, 1 bet one. LOL

iceburns288
02-05-2006, 06:24 PM
THESE COMMERCIALS SUCK.

That's all I have to say.

dezmarez
02-05-2006, 08:36 PM
seahawks have to play against the refs too
this is bulllshit
fuck the refs

A_3
02-05-2006, 08:45 PM
I'm not going to say that the refs are calling this game on purpose. But they have definetly only seen calls in favour of one team. Unfortunately it has durastically effected the game. I would hope the NFL issues and appology tomorrow, because this game really hasn't been fair.

Sharpie
02-05-2006, 09:04 PM
STEELERS WIN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

JAYMEZ
02-05-2006, 09:06 PM
^^ Nice :thumbsup:

Kirbs17
02-05-2006, 09:06 PM
Go Steelers!!! great game

beecue
02-05-2006, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by iceburns288
THESE COMMERCIALS SUCK.

That's all I have to say.

um yea cuz global sucks ... i saw the name jennifer a million times i think ... well i dont like the steelers but it was good that bettis got one :thumbsup:

hahahaha who the hell voted after the game was done

cman
02-05-2006, 09:40 PM
YES glory glory Steelers.:thumbsup:

TEAMFaint
02-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by A_3
I'm not going to say that the refs are calling this game on purpose. But they have definetly only seen calls in favour of one team. Unfortunately it has durastically effected the game. I would hope the NFL issues and appology tomorrow, because this game really hasn't been fair.

Couldn't agree with you more. That "offence pass interference" before the Seahawks touchdown was brutal. He totally had the defender beat whether he pushed off of him slightly or not. Hasselback and the Seahawks owned the first half even though they were down, but things slid in the 2nd half. The steelers made some good plays so I'll give them props.

Next years prediction: If Denver gets T.O...they're gonna win it :bigpimp:

canadian_hustla
02-05-2006, 09:55 PM
um yea cuz global sucks ... i saw the name jennifer a million times i think ...

haha yes they do, that is why you have to watch it on ch 435 i think (Seattle ABC)

The superbowl commercials were OK, the first half were damn funny with all the bud light commercials, the second half only had insurance, banks and car companies - and even then they weren't funny at all

and yes the reffing was bullshit, it was COMPLETELY ONE SIDED

beecue
02-05-2006, 10:03 PM
http://video.google.com/superbowl.html

US commercials ... since we dont get em here .. i heard some are good

cherpintow
02-05-2006, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by s--dime

No the only way to watch the game with the American Channels is if you have a satellite dish ie:Starchoice or bell and subscribe to the american networks.

Actually all of the american commercials were shown on the HD channel...

CKY
02-06-2006, 12:24 AM
IMO this was the boring'est (sp?) superbowl in the last 5 years.

A_3
02-06-2006, 12:38 AM
Interesting Read...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5310192

BigDannyCool
02-06-2006, 02:00 AM
goddamn refs. :guns:

kertejud
02-06-2006, 10:00 AM
So what was your favorite call?

The missed horse-collar on Alexander by Porter
-this may be unfair considering the rule and the fact that I don't remember it being called all year.

The "push-off" by Jackson

The "hold" on Haggans

The "chop-block" call on Hasselbeck

The Roethlisberger "touchdown:
-this one is very iffy, my biggest problem with it is that the ref spotted the ball first, and only called it a touchdown AFTER Ben's second motion. The replay was inconclusive enough that had he not changed his call, it wouldn't have been a touchdown, instead, it was inconclusive enough to overturn the touchdown.

Roethlisberger's time out afte rthe play clock hit zero.

Take your pick.

DelSoln
02-06-2006, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by kertejud

-this may be unfair considering the rule and the fact that I don't remember it being called all year.

The "hold" on Haggans

-this one is very iffy, my biggest problem with it is that the ref spotted the ball first, and only called it a touchdown AFTER Ben's second motion. The replay was inconclusive enough that had he not changed his call, it wouldn't have been a touchdown, instead, it was inconclusive enough to overturn the touchdown.

Take your pick.

LOL Shhhhhhh sweep that under the rug. Just be happy for Bettis.

dezmarez
02-06-2006, 03:03 PM

The "hold" on Haggans

Take your pick.

all of the calls were bullshit
but the holding call that brought back stevens being down on the one really fucked the seahawks over
i swear this game was fixed or something cause that was just terrible

RiCE-DaDDy
02-06-2006, 06:02 PM
even tho the reffing wasnt that great this game, BOTH TEAMS PLAYED CRAPPY. Sea had a lot of chances, they have only themselves to blame.

eb0i
02-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by DelSoln

LOL Shhhhhhh sweep that under the rug. Just be happy for Bettis.

I'd be happy for him if he had an outstanding season this year, but the fact is he's way past due and really is not a factor on that team.

As for the game, wow it was shit thanks to the refs.

I guess this is the first time calls have went in favour for the steelers.

urbannomad
02-08-2006, 11:42 PM
sry to bring this up again....but STEELERS WIN!

lol,

anyways.... i found this vid....and wondered if anyone knew what the music was called!

http://youtube.com/w/Steelers-Superbowl-Tribute-2006?v=YjQjRv2qDls&search=steelers

really appreciated.

sexualbanana
02-09-2006, 02:04 AM

By definition that was a push-off. There's no way in hell that should not have been called. Fact of the matter is, Jackson extended his arm into the DB and you can see the DB's shoulder move back. The real question here was, was it really necessary for him to even extend that arm out? In my opinion, he would've gotten the same amount of seperation if he hadn't. So Jackson should really be the one to blame for it.

The "hold" on Haggans

Again, by definition it counted as a hold. His arms went outside of the body, and caught enough of the DE's collar to slow him down by a hair. Sure you can say there's holding by the lineman on every play, but it's the arms going outside that will get you nabbed every single time.
[/B] [/QUOTE]

I don't recall it, but there's a reason.

The TD was a bit strange to me. I was expecting a a review from the booth. I think a lot of people were expecting a review. But the blame falls on 2 parties here;
1) It seemed odd to me that the ref signalled a TD. He was in great position to see it, and a lot of the camera angles from his perspective looked like it hadn't gone in.
2) The blame in my opinion also falls on Holmgren a little for not calling a time out in that situation. By calling the time out, the review booth would've had more time to review the call and thus have more time to signal for a review. He really didn't have too much to lose in that situation. If it had been 7 seconds earlier, he would've thrown the red flag and put that TO on the line anyways. If they had ruled that it hadn't gone in, he might've used the timeout to stop the clock.

But in all fairness, the Seahawks had plenty chances of their own to come away with points on multiple occasions and ended up coming away with nothing. When you move the ball well, but only manage to get near the edge of their kicker's range and stall. You have a problem. When you're usually reliable kicker misses 2 field goal attempts (50+ yard attempts mind you). You have a problem. AND when one of your normally reliable recievers (Stevens) drops 3 crucial passes for first down. You have a problem. The Seahawks were getting great field position in the first quarter and half while the Steelers were having a lot of trouble moving the ball. What did they come away with? 3 points. Look at the game stats for the Seahawks:
12 Posessions
6 Punts
1 Interception
2 Missed Field Goals
1 Turnover on Downs
1 Made Field Goal
1 TD.

So yes, refs made some calls that ranged from deservable to pretty odd. The Seahawks were just as much to blame for their inability to score and move the ball whenand where it mattered.

sexualbanana
02-09-2006, 02:06 AM
Oh, and for the record. I HATE both teams with every fiber of my being. So I'm not being biased. Which is also why I missed that horse collar by Porter and that chop block by Hasselbeck. Simply, I don't care for either team w/ the exception of Polamalu.