PDA

View Full Version : Insurance company dropped me.. HELP!

Daddymax
03-09-2003, 06:55 PM
Ok, here's the situation. I'm a bad driver, gotten LOTS of tickets and such, so my insurance company dropped me.

What do I do?

Who will insure me? Are their rates ridiculous compared to normal ones?

Is it possible to get my car insured under my gf's name? She has a car already.

DUBBED
03-09-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Daddymax
Ok, here's the situation. I'm a bad driver, gotten LOTS of tickets and such, so my insurance company dropped me.

What do I do?

Who will insure me? Are their rates ridiculous compared to normal ones?

Is it possible to get my car insured under my gf's name? She has a car already.

same thing happened to me...:banghead: call "the right track"... they quoted me $2000 less than everyone else....

it is possible to insure your car under your gf's name... BUT you must sell the car to her.. for $1 or whatever... and if you get busted driving the car... you're fucked and shes fucked...

i was kinda choked inhaving to go through this whole ordeal myself.. but look at it this way.... you do the crime you do the time... bite the bullet and move on...

hey you could always take the bus!!
:bigpimp:

ecstasy_civic
03-09-2003, 07:49 PM
sorry to hear max,

remember when that happened to me:thumbsdow
so i was refered to my dads broker. he does 3 of his businesses and our whole familes cars, and home insurance.
phone Lucas and Associates. hes really cool and has known my mom since grade 1. mention i just signed up under them and see if he can help you.

mine went from 7000 to 3980:thumbsup: :clap:

Daddymax
03-09-2003, 07:49 PM
bus, yea right.

Well would I get busted? I mean do they really check? I'm sure if the cops pull me over I just say it's my gf's car and I'm going to meet her irght now

The right track.... I'll call them tommorow I guess.

Weapon_R
03-09-2003, 07:50 PM
ahha fuck my insurance company has dropped me ... actually, two have!

Say goodbye to cheap insurance now...it's going to skyrocket. Mine almost tripled because of that...

I hear that if you have a separate address from someone, insure it under their name...people are allowed to let other people "borrow" their cars. If you hit someone, the person you insure under will get screwed up but if it's someone you trust, and if they would do it for you, go for it.

jdmakkord
03-09-2003, 07:50 PM
my cuz got cancelled too, his insurace was cheaper through td by a ton!!!

szw
03-09-2003, 08:04 PM
how bad of a driver do you have to be when insurance companies decide to drop you??!

ecstasy_civic
03-09-2003, 08:06 PM
mine was a $76 ticket

oops lol

thats ok even after all that i got it for cheaper than i was paying before.

Daddymax
03-09-2003, 08:15 PM
hmmm.... I dont' know what to do now. I live with my gf but not on paper. I still have my address with my parents house....

What is she going to say to the insurance company ? "ummm. I ned to insure this civic for.... ummm fun?"

Weapon_R
03-09-2003, 08:24 PM
She can have two cars...its no problem.

My dad has 4 cars under his name. No biggie.

If you don't live together on paper, you are entitled to "borrow" her car - but that will only come to play when you hit someone. If you do, say u were borrowing it by coincidence it happened.

Daddymax
03-09-2003, 08:38 PM
ok well what baout if I get pulled over?

del-lude
03-09-2003, 08:43 PM
should be fine if you get pulled over. Just don't get in an accident cause if you do and your name is not on the policy, they aren't gonna cover the damages.

RSeXy
03-09-2003, 08:46 PM
hmmm.... I dont' know what to do now. I live with my gf but not on paper. I still have my address with my parents house....

What is she going to say to the insurance company ? "ummm. I ned to insure this civic for.... ummm fun?"

just remember that if you do share the same relationship...after 6mos its called "commonlaw" and she can take half your assets afterwards!

max_boost
03-09-2003, 08:48 PM
Yah like what weaponR said, it is called uninsured motorist.....but man, if you got into a bad accident and killed people......then you seriously fcuk up whoever is insuring your car for you! haha

They trust you by insuring your car and you not crashing
You trust them because the car will be registered and insured under their name

So technically, could daddymax get screwed over cause the whoever is insuring it for him just takes his car away? lol cause on paper the car doesn't belong to him?

Anyway, you usually find a close relative to do something like this

max_boost
03-09-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy

just remember that if you do share the same relationship...after 6mos its called "commonlaw" and she can take half your assets afterwards! :rofl: If it was me, I rack up my debts and declare bankruptcy, what is half of nothing?:rofl: j/k

Daddymax
03-09-2003, 08:50 PM
yea wel my gf is as close as it gets really.

What does she tell the insurance company? To be honest with you guys my car is insured under her right now. But she's going to be getting her own car soon. So what does she do to get a second car? go to teh same insurance broker? What does she tell them when they ask her why she has 2 cars?

max_boost
03-09-2003, 08:51 PM

What does she tell the insurance company? To be honest with you guys my car is insured under her right now. But she's going to be getting her own car soon. So what does she do to get a second car? go to teh same insurance broker? What does she tell them when they ask her why she has 2 cars?

Winter beater and summer car.....nothing wrong with insuring two cars :D

___2PaC___
03-09-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
:rofl: If it was me, I rack up my debts and declare bankruptcy, what is half of nothing?:rofl: j/k

:werd: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dope Dealer
03-09-2003, 08:55 PM

They shouldn't ask. It's business for them, so they shouldn't mind :)

Besides, a lot of people have more than one car.

Daddymax
03-09-2003, 08:59 PM
I'm just worried the insurance company will get worried about her doing exactly that..... insuring for me.

szw
03-09-2003, 09:02 PM
So the car is already insured under her? What do you mean the insurance CO is dropping you then?

ecstasy_civic
03-09-2003, 09:03 PM
my dad owns an insurance company in BC and says that the insurance industry has taken a huge step back in progress. i just got off the phone with him right now, and he says the companies here are trying to clean up there books so it looks better on paper, so there getting rid of bad policies, ie: myself or max.

with so much happening in business right now, there horribly scared there gonna lose money hand over fist and be stuck with bankruptcy. his company primarily deals with corporations and gold mines, etc: but says those types of companies premiums went sky high as soon as the talks of war came about.

just thought id toss a thought in here:D

Daddymax
03-09-2003, 09:03 PM
ok well my insurance company dropped me a few months ago. Then I sodl my crx, then bought this car and it's insured and registered under her name.

Weapon_R
03-09-2003, 09:06 PM
Then she should be fine to insure and register another name. What is the big deal? A lot of people I know have two cars. If you're worried, insure it with another company.

ecstasy_civic
03-09-2003, 09:09 PM
max..... are you drunk? lol just get it insured somewhere. either with her or another company, you dont want to be drivng around without insurance, especially when the weather is this bad.

Daddymax
03-09-2003, 09:10 PM
I know, I have insurance on my car now under her name. I'm not that stupid.

ecstasy_civic
03-09-2003, 09:11 PM
lol i was just checking man lol. i still havent seen it yet. when are you gonna stop by and show me?

Daddymax
03-09-2003, 09:12 PM
soon bro. I'm just getting some stuff done to it this so I'll show you in a week or 2.

ecstasy_civic
03-09-2003, 09:14 PM
sounds good, wait til you see my new interior. :drool: :hitit:

and i got a set of rims too, just havent picked them up yet.

CrAzY_PLaYa
03-09-2003, 10:09 PM
what if yu guys break up?? she takes off with yur car?

Daddymax
03-10-2003, 12:50 AM
then I break her legs.... But tha'ts not going to happen.

ecstasy_civic
03-10-2003, 12:50 AM
hes so diplomatic, i love this guy lol.

shadowz
03-10-2003, 02:02 AM
Basically you are now considered a high risk driver, you need to find a company who insures high risk drivers, which means it will be harder to find and more bling to pay for insurance

SpoonEK9@STRD
03-10-2003, 12:31 PM
if its just tickets insurance will eventually go down... if its accidents... it will be really... i mean really high for 7 YES SEVEN YEARS... i got kicked off in a couple days the 12th... got to sell my truck...gay, but what can you do nothing...

Its cheaper to drive with out insurance and get busted...2 or more times haha...

15,000 for 1 year insurance... 3rd party...

boi-alien
03-10-2003, 12:48 PM
it should be fine max, as long as she puts you as a secondary driver. a lot of people have more than one vehicle. if she didn't insure the car with you as a secondary driver she might not see her premiums go up by much. but since you will be a secondary driver her premiums are definitely going to go up because of your driving record.

Daddymax
03-10-2003, 02:01 PM
yea she didn't pu tme on as a secondary driver.

boi-alien
03-10-2003, 02:07 PM
yea she didn't pu tme on as a secondary driver. well if she doesn't do that be careful then if you get pulled over or something you'll be in deep shit. driving w/o insurance is a big no no