PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a body kit/wing

bmxneon420
02-03-2006, 05:36 PM
spare me the "its a neon throw it in the dump"
I'm looking into buying a body kit for my car. I'm just wondering if anyone knows anywhere good to get them from? I know of white boy style body kits, but i want to explore my options.
Any help would be really nice
I also want to get a wing as well. I know it's pointless and blah blah blah but that's what I want. let me do my own thing. So yeah, just wondering of anywhere with decent spoilers/wings to choose from. Please let me know!

Mr_ET
02-03-2006, 05:43 PM
give some of our sponsors a call they will be able to point you in the right directions give you some prices and send you to web sites that will give you an idea of the look with the kit on

Speedtech, CMS and Customauto can probably all help you out

will this thing have any go or just show? :P

Will@STRD
02-03-2006, 07:31 PM
www.visracing.com
www.wingswest.com
www.extremedimensions.com

check them and PM me if u see anything
Thanks

WIll

civicsi403
02-04-2006, 01:22 AM
www.versusmotorsports.com

good kits!

canadian_hustla
02-04-2006, 02:19 AM
Will @ SpeedTech,

your box if full

Will@STRD
02-04-2006, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by canadian_hustla
Will @ SpeedTech,

your box if full

Sorry man but it's all good now please PM me again
Thanks

bmxneon420
02-05-2006, 06:34 PM
Well thanks for the tips, I'll look into it when I get a few minutes...and let you know!

Originally posted by Mr_ET
give some of our sponsors a call they will be able to point you in the right directions give you some prices and send you to web sites that will give you an idea of the look with the kit on

Speedtech, CMS and Customauto can probably all help you out

will this thing have any go or just show? :P

Oh believe me it will have the go to go with the show. I've got some ideas about engine/tranny upgrades...will probably get going on it within the next year or so...believe me, I wanna be able to take this car to the track and get some good numbers there, coz I know as is I can already push 'er pretty good...and thats within the streets, so I'm not even trying that hard!

Anyways yeah...thanks :D any more input would be nice ... the more the better, so I can shop around and have the best one out of all of em :D :D :D

CIVIC_MAN
02-05-2006, 10:22 PM
not sure if you have considered it or if its available for your car, but have you looked into lip kits? Lip and lower over a body kit. you will be happy you did. looks alot better. alot of ppl go through a stage where they think altezza's and body kits are cool then they realize that they are actually ugly. Im speakin from experience. dont make the same mistake i did. so think twice about a lip kit or slamming ur car before you decide to drop 800 for some ugly fiberglass.

bmxneon420
02-06-2006, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by CIVIC_MAN
not sure if you have considered it or if its available for your car, but have you looked into lip kits? Lip and lower over a body kit. you will be happy you did. looks alot better. alot of ppl go through a stage where they think altezza's and body kits are cool then they realize that they are actually ugly. Im speakin from experience. dont make the same mistake i did. so think twice about a lip kit or slamming ur car before you decide to drop 800 for some ugly fiberglass.

yeah that is what i've always wanted to do, but everyone tells me i should go for a full kit...ahhhh!!! i dunno what to do now!
lol nevermind me :P

CIVIC_MAN
02-06-2006, 11:53 AM
who tells you to do a full kit? ur buddies? everyone on beyond will tell you to lip and lower

DelSoln
02-06-2006, 11:55 AM
Lip and lower over a body kit.

Good advice here.

403Gemini
02-06-2006, 12:08 PM
I was thinkin of gettin a lip for my car (yes even though its a saturn! lol)

this is what it would look like: (before and after)

http://www.spswebpage.com/images/customers/chan.jpg
http://www.spswebpage.com/images/customers/moreno.jpg

Much nicer than a full body kit such as:

http://bodykits.com/product_images/01SATXRCFORIG3.jpg

im with the lip and lower crowd here

CIVIC_MAN
02-07-2006, 12:00 PM
also with a front kit there is a good chance that you might have to take out your rebar....

bmxneon420
02-07-2006, 12:55 PM
also with a front kit there is a good chance that you might have to take out your rebar....

?????

CIVIC_MAN
02-07-2006, 08:24 PM
whats so confusing? Im assuming you know what rebar is right

Mr_John
02-07-2006, 08:35 PM
lips are much nicer
i dont think i would EVER go back to a body kit

sullygully
02-10-2006, 01:47 PM
I don't believe there is a lip kit available for 1st gen neons.
Why don't you check out www.neoncanada.com, or www.neons.org. Theres usually a people on there selling used bodykits.

Plus check out pics of peoples rides on those sites, so you can get a better idea on whether or not it's what you want to do.

The only kit that looks good on a 1st gen in my opinion, is the Xenon kit.