PDA

View Full Version : Where to get BB guns?

szw
03-10-2003, 12:19 AM
Is there any place I can get BB guns like these?
http://ebay1.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_ef86eed89969d31279bd8a26e3f4f048/i-1.JPG

Doesn't have to be that exact model...

A friend gave me one a while ago..but I broke it and would like to replace it.

The ebay ones all say they won't ship to Canada.

RSeXy
03-10-2003, 12:21 AM
maybe canadian tire?

i have one...used to shoot gophers when i was younger haha! damn i was an evil kid.

Superesc
03-10-2003, 12:21 AM
What kind of BB gun are you looking for? air/spring? or Gas blowback? or electric automatic?

Weapon_R
03-10-2003, 12:22 AM
Canadian Tire and Walmart both have them.

szw
03-10-2003, 12:23 AM
the simple cheap ones...i think its shot by a spring?

theres no gas cartrige.

The electric automatic one sounds interesting..tell me more!

RSeXy
03-10-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Superesc
What kind of BB gun are you looking for? air/spring? or Gas blowback? or electric automatic?

haha! i knew it! you're an arms dealer! haha...the church is your cover up!! haha...jk :rofl:

szw
03-10-2003, 12:24 AM
So they aren't illegal in Canada? I thought thats what the 'ebay regulations' said...

i'll go look tomorrow thanks. How much do they sell at those places?

EstoMax
03-10-2003, 12:25 AM
electric automatics are usually mad weak.. me and my friends play wars in spring/summer.. u can barely feel the electric ones.. spring ones hurt.. and spring rifles sting like a b****. my experience with em :) havent bin shot in the head too much yet.. still have some brain left i think

max

Weapon_R
03-10-2003, 12:26 AM
They are about $40 at either of those places, with CDN tire having a slightly better selection I think, but not by much. Walmart is usually better priced.

They aren't illegal in Canada. You can readily buy them without a licence too.

Davetronz
03-10-2003, 12:27 AM
Hey Sean, I got mine from Army and Navy.
Looks like that one but grey and black, however that was about 3-4 years ago.

Dave

szw
03-10-2003, 12:28 AM
thanks guys

Superesc
03-10-2003, 12:29 AM
The laws are very complicated bascially you CAN'T import/export them, but youare allow to have them provided they are within the 500m/s limit.. hehe I have a lot.. actually HAD a lot of BB guns:

I had my SR16- full metal barrels w/ scope, HK SG-1, MP5-A5 (with lights/red dot scope/hi-cap), MP5-SD6 (silencer version), western arms Infinity 5inch, and 3 inch limited edition. and 2 springers (1 ruger and 1 usp)

Electric are basically the larger guns.

let me restate this, Electric PISTOL are weak, but normal Electric mid size guns are around 280-300 m/s, which is NOT WEAK.

szw
03-10-2003, 12:31 AM
willing to sell any of them?

Superesc
03-10-2003, 12:33 AM
and I have to add, the good stuff aren't bought in Army and navy or Canadian tires.. hehehe. You gotta get them from "retailers" that ship them from HK/Japan. Look for brand name such as Tokyo Marui, Western Arms, KSC, Tanaka, Maruzen.

ramminghard
03-10-2003, 12:33 AM
Spy City on 17th. They have some. High prices though.

Superesc
03-10-2003, 12:35 AM
screw spy city, they jack up the price like crazy. I will pm you (szw) a calgary retailer.

persid
03-10-2003, 01:10 AM
Try a few fishing/hunting stores, like Russel Sports or that Wholesale Sports place. But you probably won't find anything for under $100-150 there.

CLiVE
03-10-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by szw
Is there any place I can get BB guns like these?

Doesn't have to be that exact model...

A friend gave me one a while ago..but I broke it and would like to replace it.

The ebay ones all say they won't ship to Canada.

I have one very similar to that. I rarely use it, and would be willing to sell it if you're interested.

-R

Ben
03-10-2003, 02:06 AM
no one in this thread knows what they are talking about, lol, and supersc, its Feet Per Second, not Meters per second, you need a permit for anything that shoots over 500FPS.

Airsoft guns, as shown above are legal in Canada, but certain requirements must be met to bring them into the country (ie orange barrel plug, and all that fun stuff)

The Airsoft guns that require a spring are generally hopup airsoft guns, they put a spin on the bb allowing it to fly straighter.

Most airsoft guns shot at 250-300ish FPS, about the same as a Paintball gun indoors.

They fire a .1-.3 g bb.

I have 2 Glocks, a Glock 23, and a Glock 40, both are spring opperated, and involve Hop-Up technology. They will bring blood to the surface if you get shot within 10 feet. You have to cock the side every shot. The Gas Blowbacks are semi autos, and shoot a bit harder. They are also alot more expensive. Anywhere between 150 and 500 bucks for a handgun, the rifles are significantly more.

The electic ones suck ass, unless you are looking into the real competition ones, they run off a pretty low tech servo type system, but can poor out the rounds (about 20 per second). Thy run off a similar battery back as remote controlled cars do.

These guns can run into the 1000's.

UofC I believe has or had an airsoft club.

Both my guns I bought off E-Bay, but this was befor 9-11, and I bet it is difficult to get accross now.

Spy City on 17th does stock them but they mark them up about 300% or so, its a joke.

Your best plan is to try the internet, and search for 'Airsoft Guns'

Then contact the owner of the shop, and ask for feedback about the success they have had shipping to Canada.

boi-alien
03-10-2003, 03:24 AM
actually it's not too hard to ship these babies to canada. you just have to know what you're doing. and you won't get it right away.

basically the law states you're not allowed to import the gun. but it doesn't say you're not allowed to import the parts.

what my friend did is he found a seller overseas that shipped it over, but they'd ship the gun over in i think 5 different pieces and they'd be shipped once every 2 months or so. that way when you receive the last piece of the gun you can assemble it afterwards. hope this helps you out. i'll ask my friend where he got it from.

12V
03-10-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by boi-alien
actually it's not too hard to ship these babies to canada. you just have to know what you're doing. and you won't get it right away.

basically the law states you're not allowed to import the gun. but it doesn't say you're not allowed to import the parts.

what my friend did is he found a seller overseas that shipped it over, but they'd ship the gun over in i think 5 different pieces and they'd be shipped once every 2 months or so. that way when you receive the last piece of the gun you can assemble it afterwards. hope this helps you out. i'll ask my friend where he got it from.

\
why bother with all that, when you can just go over canadian tire?

Superesc
03-10-2003, 09:42 AM
'cause canadian tire don't sell the good guns.

persid
03-10-2003, 09:44 AM
\

Because, once again, the guns Canadian Tire sells are crap, which is fine if you want to shoot some cans in your backyard, but not good enough for anything else.

These guys sell decent stuff, they're in Calgary:
http://www.wholesalesports.com/
as do these guys:
http://www.russellsports.com/
who are in Calgary as well. And if they don't sell what you want, they can probably order it in somehow. So check them out.

Toms-Celica
03-10-2003, 10:34 AM
You guys can learn something from Ben, hes 100% correct

Davetronz
03-10-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by szw
Awww come on, you know how useful they are to get rid of unwanted wildlife when you back onto Nosehill park ;)

Superesc
03-10-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by szw

I am willing to entertain offers to my MP5-A5 (with Red dot scope / Low cap magazine / Hi cap magazine / Sure fire light integrated handle), my Western Arms Infinity 5" and my Infinity 3.5" ...

Ben
03-10-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by 12V

\

These are not just regular bb guns, these shoot a low density cerami or polyurethane bb, 6mm in diameter, not a 4.5mm Lead Pellet or copper bb.

Most of the Airsoft Guns are made in Japan and other South Asian countries.

www.airsoftguns.com

Zephyr
03-10-2003, 05:11 PM
my neighbor's kid has one of these:
http://www.airgunstore.com/AIRSOFT/RIFLES/VPR-SIG-550.JPG

electric, automatic, or switch to burst. he killed a skunk with it.... freaking beast toy gun...

jaylo
03-10-2003, 07:05 PM
any shops here that I can take a look at a compact one? The one that shoots small metal pellets? What's the difference between the plastic pellet gun and a metal pellet gun?

l/l/rX
03-10-2003, 07:09 PM
Try Spy vs. Spy...they got some good shit...my friend has a glock and a dessert eagle...they're pretty dope! they're spring guns soo everytime you shoot you gotta pull back this thingy ahaha, my cousins also have mini mp5's pretty dope guns...but they got them over down in HK, and brought em back here...

Superesc
03-10-2003, 07:10 PM
plastic are not as dangerous. also you can play in a war game situation (there's airsoft clubs here in calgary) but metal ones are not.. you do not shoot ppl with them and I don't think there's any groups or place that lets you shoot each other with them.