PDA

View Full Version : Anyone leasing, or know someone who is or has leased an 02/03 Escalade

tc3
02-04-2006, 09:46 PM
I will be looking for a lease back Escalade in the near future for the family. We're getting bigger and it's ridiculous how much kids stuff u need to bring for a long 8hr road trip to grandmas.

Anyways, I'm trying to learn more about the lease buyout price for an 02 or 03 Escalade. Ideally I'd like to find someone who is about to turn in their leased vehicle and offer to buy it out or even take over their soon to end leased vechicle. More than likely an 02 because it's around the time a 48 term lease is up.

I've been watching 02/03 Escalade prices and they are way too much considering the buyout should be around 25K, if I'm not totally mistaken.
A friend of a friend just sold his that way, obviously I missed out. And his buyout was 32k with 7mths left @ $1,300 mth. So that leaves about $22,900 add interest, So I'm guesstimating 24-25k to buyout?!?!

Anyone, please share your thoughts/input of this. Esp those with alot of lease experience, salesmen...etc....

If anyone knows someone or a friend of the family who is thinking of turning in or looking for someone to take over their Escalade....
PLEASE let me know.
Help another Beyond member (with a growing family) out!!!

THX
TC
:D

5hift
02-04-2006, 10:34 PM
Hate to break it to you but no one is going to sell you their Escalade at the buy back price ( or even close to it).

JordanLotoski
02-04-2006, 11:04 PM
I just bought an 04 Lincoln Navigator, for same reason u have long road trips with 1 kid (one on the way) 2 dogs

we test drove a 2006 lincoln navigator (ultimate package) MRPS: 87,598 lease payment around 1300 with 3k down

we ended up with a mint 04 navigator for 35,000 monthly finanace is 750

Iam might sound a wee bit bias, but take a look at the navigators, much nicer ride and interior. Excalades are a dime a dozen with kind gross interior.

Best of luck.

heres a few cheap ones ...eastern cars
http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.aspx?vlotid=488733&adid=4839561
http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.aspx?vlotid=437242&adid=4995234
http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.aspx?vlotid=95299&adid=4995494
http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.aspx?vlotid=5094&adid=4967098
http://www.trader.ca/Search/Details.asp?mknm=735&Region=-1&subcategory=-1&CAT=2

benyl
02-04-2006, 11:14 PM
try leasebusters.com

tc3
02-05-2006, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT

Iam might sound a wee bit bias, but take a look at the navigators, much nicer ride and interior. Excalades are a dime a dozen with kind gross interior.

35K is a very good price!! Where did u find your Nav?
I was looking at Navigators too, but I found them usually way more expensive.
I love their look, But how do u find it on gas. I have a couple friends who have a Esc and Nav. The Nav seems to be alot harder on fuel!
Thx for the info

tc3
02-05-2006, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by 5hift
Hate to break it to you but no one is going to sell you their Escalade at the buy back price ( or even close to it).

Hey,
I'm not asking for someone to sell me their Escalade at a buyout price.
I'm offering to...
1. Take over a lease, If someone would like to get out of theirs.
2. Give them an option to sell it instead of returning it. One big advantage to selling a lease instead or returning it, Is if ur over your allowed kms on the lease, u can avoid the penalty fees. And they could easily reach into the $1000's.
3. Buy off someone at a fair price. Why not make a little $$ instead of just handing it back??

Also, there are people out there who realize it won't make a diff or don't care where it ends up. Usually it ends up at an auction where it sells between $22-27k and then on a lot for $32-37k!!

Also, I'm trying to do some homework and learn as much as I can about how leases with Escalades work!!

tc3
02-05-2006, 10:18 PM
Bump
Someone has got to know someone?!?

Altezza
02-05-2006, 11:10 PM
Last year, we sold a slightly above average milage 2002 Escalade (with the HO V8) for ~$28k. That may give you an idea of what they might go for these days.

tc3
02-06-2006, 12:25 AM
Thats an awesome price, esp if that was a year ago too.
Thx for the info

20incheyes
02-06-2006, 02:14 PM
On a low km lease the residual value of an 06 AWD would be around 36-37% from what I recall. The buyout is always calculated based on MSRP. 2% lower for a regular KM lease.

benyl
02-06-2006, 02:22 PM
woah, that is shitty resale. Especially for a Truck/SUV.

handsomebassman
02-06-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by benyl
woah, that is shitty resale. Especially for a Truck/SUV.

Doesnt really surpise me, it being a domestic SUV.

benyl
02-06-2006, 02:41 PM
The residual on a Dakota, last time I checked was 56%. That is BMW territory.

handsomebassman
02-06-2006, 02:45 PM

holy, you sure?

kaput
02-06-2006, 03:13 PM

JordanLotoski
02-06-2006, 03:35 PM
^^ we got our navi in red deer, was a one owner alberta truck. The guy traded it in to get an 06. The dealership even have us 1600 bux back to get a 10 inch tv and dvd player....as far as gas goes, well it is what it is, a huge V8....so its harder on gas.

Good luck

benyl
02-06-2006, 03:42 PM
Isn't the 07 going to be a new design for the Navi?

20incheyes
02-06-2006, 06:37 PM
Actually the residual is 58% on 24 month lease, 45% on 48 months thats with 20,400km/year.

Ram 1500s are higher and diesel trucks are above that, but usually SUVs(Luxury or not) are below trucks in residual value. The Mercedes Benz CLK has the highest residual value

tc3
02-08-2006, 05:31 PM
Isn't the 07 going to be a new design for the Navi?

07 has totally changed, So hopefully that'll bring down the prices
on the previous generation Escalades?!?!

lowryder99
02-09-2006, 02:45 PM
I just bought an 04 Lincoln Navigator, for same reason u have long road trips with 1 kid (one on the way) 2 dogs

we test drove a 2006 lincoln navigator (ultimate package) MRPS: 87,598 lease payment around 1300 with 3k down

Best of luck.

heres a few cheap ones ...eastern cars
http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.aspx?vlotid=488733&adid=4839561
http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.aspx?vlotid=437242&adid=4995234
http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.aspx?vlotid=95299&adid=4995494
http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.aspx?vlotid=5094&adid=4967098
http://www.trader.ca/Search/Details.asp?mknm=735&Region=-1&subcategory=-1&CAT=2

Yuck, I would take a Escalade over a Navi anyday, no offense,

My mom bought a Aviator and it's pure poop, no thanks to that. I pretty much despise any ford product now.

CalgarySupra
02-10-2006, 01:46 AM
lease is jsut a waste of money . spend that 1300 on financing or buy something with that money. you dont have to worry about those stupid milege limits

tc3
02-10-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by CalgarySupra
lease is jsut a waste of money . spend that 1300 on financing or buy something with that money. you dont have to worry about those stupid milege limits

Looking to buy out!

benyl
02-10-2006, 11:58 AM

huh?

for domestic cars, leasing is a way better alternative. Generally your buy out is higher than what the vehicle is worth at the end of the term. Instead of trying to sell an older domestic car that has no resale, you give it back and make it someone elses problem.

You still lose that money when you finance a car. I don't get what you point is.

tc3
02-15-2006, 01:11 PM
Still Looking:D

CalgarySupra
02-16-2006, 03:39 PM
buy a used vehicle instead of leasing or a new demostic. unless its an import that will hold its value.

huh?

for domestic cars, leasing is a way better alternative. Generally your buy out is higher than what the vehicle is worth at the end of the term. Instead of trying to sell an older domestic car that has no resale, you give it back and make it someone elses problem.

You still lose that money when you finance a car. I don't get what you point is.

Redlyne_mr2
02-16-2006, 03:47 PM
buy a used vehicle instead of leasing or a new demostic. unless its an import that will hold its value.

I dont understand your reasoning behind this. Leasing has many advantages.

benyl
02-16-2006, 04:03 PM

I am still confused. :nut:

what are you trying to say?

Leasing doesn't make sense for a lot people, but for many others it does. Regardless, if you turn your vehicle over every 3-4 years and you want a *new* car, most of the time you are better off leasing.

heavyD
02-16-2006, 04:36 PM

Why would anyone spend that kind of money for a Ford pickup truck with a lincon emblem & leather seats.:confused: You could buy two decent mid level luxury cars for that price and have the wife drive a kid & dog in one car & you could drive the other kid & dog in the second car and between the two cars together get better gas mileage. SUV's are so 90's.:nut:

tc3
02-16-2006, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Why would anyone spend that kind of money for a Ford pickup truck with a lincon emblem & leather seats.:confused: You could buy two decent mid level luxury cars for that price and have the wife drive a kid & dog in one car & you could drive the other kid & dog in the second car and between the two cars together get better gas mileage. SUV's are so 90's.:nut:

I agree that's alot for a Ford!?!? (thats why I'm looking for a preowned)
I'm guessing u don't have a wife or kids?? Probaly becuz u wouldn't have suggested going in 2 different cars:nut:
SUV's have been around a while, but when u need the room...other than a minivan....what choices do u have?!?!
And as pratical as they are, I'm not ready for a minivan!!!

Currently I have a 2001 Grand Cherokee LTD and a BMW 540.
The car is awesome and not too bad on gas (depending on how u drive it:burnout: ), but lacks the room for long trips.
I love the Cherokee, it's all pimped out...But is still too small if u have more then 1 kid.
It's crazy, I never thought I'd need a stupidly large SUV. I can't imagine what families go through to require the even bigger extended SUVs!!:nut:

heavyD
02-16-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by tc3

I'm guessing u don't have a wife or kids?? Probaly becuz u wouldn't have suggested going in 2 different cars:nut:
SUV's have been around a while, but when u need the room...other than a minivan....what choices do u have?!?!

Currently I have a 2001 Grand Cherokee LTD and a BMW 540.
The car is awesome and not too bad on gas (depending on how u drive it:burnout: ), but lacks the room for long trips.
I love the Cherokee, it's all pimped out...But is still too small if u have more then 1 kid.
It's crazy, I never thought I'd need a stupidly large SUV. I can't imagine what families go through to require the even bigger extended SUVs!!:nut:

Hate to say it but if you really need room, minivans are the only ways to go. For the large spaces that SUV's take up most of them can barely hold more cargo than a full size car.

tc3
02-16-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Hate to say it but if you really need room, minivans are the only ways to go. For the large spaces that SUV's take up most of them can barely hold more cargo than a full size car.

Ya, I know...Just not yet:)

heavyD
02-16-2006, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by tc3

Ya, I know...Just not yet:)

I totally understand.;)

tc3
02-18-2006, 03:01 PM
Bump!!
Anyone???

dino_martini
02-18-2006, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by tc3

Uh...Station Wagon? Subaru Outback, Volvo XC70, Audi Allroad

tc3
02-18-2006, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini

Uh...Station Wagon? Subaru Outback, Volvo XC70, Audi Allroad

Too small

dino_martini
02-19-2006, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by tc3

Too small

Why not just go try one? I know you are set on an SUV, but maybe you will change your mind

tc3
02-25-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini

Why not just go try one? I know you are set on an SUV, but maybe you will change your mind

I drove the Audi a while back and a buddies wife has that Volvo. Beautiful cars, and very pricy. I already have a German car, so I'm not looking to get a car vehicle. I need a utility vehicle to go with my car.
But those r great suggestions, If it were our only car, I'd go for the Audi!!

tc3
03-04-2006, 09:48 PM
I found one:D :D
Thx for the info....Mods can close if u want.