PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Intro

elementone
02-06-2006, 12:31 PM
Hey guys, i just wanted to introduce myself.
My name is Oscar and i drive a 91 Eclipse GSX.
Im rebuilding my engine right now, so its no "driving" as we speak. I moved here about 7 months ago from California.. so if you ever saw a 1g blue gsx with cali plates.. that was me :)

This seems like a pretty cool board, with an awesome marketplace.. perfect for my rebuild, witch btw.. wont be stock
:)

Later

Foz
02-06-2006, 12:50 PM
Welcome to...

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/P/3/bush_infinity_and_beyond.jpg

- infinity.

Pee_Sack
02-06-2006, 12:58 PM
welcome, there are a lot of great people on this board that are always willing to help.

couple hints:

Don't ask questions someone else might deem as "newb" question....you WILL get flammed and your question will never be answered

If you try to sell something in the marketplace, don't mind all the low ballers

since you are new to Canada, OILERS > FLAMERS and you better learn that.

~Leah~
02-06-2006, 01:04 PM
Welcome to Beyond, prepare to be addicted.

~Leah~
02-06-2006, 01:05 PM
P.S. - Don't listen to Pee_Sack. There's a reason there's only a :goflames: smilie on here. Even the Saskatchewan Roughriders > Edmonton Oilers... bahahahhahaaha Okay I'll just shut up now

dub_c
02-06-2006, 01:08 PM
why did you move too the land of cold ? im dying to move down south this summer :clap:

Foz
02-06-2006, 01:10 PM
First CFL, now NHL.. then regain title of "City of Champions".

smirk.

:D ;)

Unfortunately, you missed out on the $400 Ralphie bucks.

afrotl
02-06-2006, 01:58 PM
Welcome to the Board and to Calgary...and yeah like someone sais why did you move to a cold place? I used to go to Cali for track meets every year I love it there.

elementone
02-06-2006, 09:57 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the replies..
Well, ive been living up here since last jun, so im goin on month seven and i really like it. Im goin to school here, the starting plan was just one year, but this is an awesome city and ive been loving it since i got here.
Im not gonna lie and say that i dont miss the beach and all that, but.. hey radical changes are sometimes good!
Plus theres a beutiful lady who lives here as well.. :thumbsup:

And yes, i sure did missed out on those 400 bux.. that could've covered the new exhaust!!

Afrotl: Where did you used to go?

Thanks for the warm welcome.. i should look up the info about meets and all that, so when the car comes back to life i can go..

afrotl
02-06-2006, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by elementone
Hey guys, thanks for the replies..
Well, ive been living up here since last jun, so im goin on month seven and i really like it. Im goin to school here, the starting plan was just one year, but this is an awesome city and ive been loving it since i got here.
Im not gonna lie and say that i dont miss the beach and all that, but.. hey radical changes are sometimes good!
Plus theres a beutiful lady who lives here as well.. :thumbsup:

And yes, i sure did missed out on those 400 bux.. that could've covered the new exhaust!!

Afrotl: Where did you used to go?

Thanks for the warm welcome.. i should look up the info about meets and all that, so when the car comes back to life i can go..

Ha ha I knew there was something else more than the city that is keeping you here...lol
We used to stay at Clairemont at the Ramada Hotel and train at Pomona College...I think it is by Indianhill

elementone
02-07-2006, 10:29 AM
oh wow.. thats way south..
its beutiful down there tho..
if i went back.. it'd have to be south of LA.. somewhere in the oc or sd..
:drool:

elementone
02-07-2006, 11:08 AM
oh and btw this is her.. not HER HER ..but the other her..

http://static.flickr.com/34/96802575_6a0c535a1d_o.jpg

Crappy pic at fishcreek, wich is my backyard. :)
one of the snowy days last month

/////AMG
02-07-2006, 11:32 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: looking good!!

Welcome to Beyond!!!:goflames:

jumperman8
02-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Welcome:goflames:

Foz
02-07-2006, 12:59 PM
Okay, now you have to post pics of her her.. it's part of the noobie ritual..

;) :rofl: :angel:

Lo)2enz0
02-07-2006, 01:08 PM
yes, its a tradition...

afrotl
02-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by elementone
oh wow.. thats way south..
its beutiful down there tho..
if i went back.. it'd have to be south of LA.. somewhere in the oc or sd..
:drool:
Yeah it is real nice there..people are nicer too it seems. I like the Mount Sac area too. Forgot the name of the surburb.

crazydriver
02-07-2006, 11:41 PM
welcome dude! :goflames:

Fez_turbo
02-07-2006, 11:46 PM
welcome and enjoy...and its true you will get addicted....

:goflames: ....just to support the RIGHT team:thumbsup:

DelSoln
02-07-2006, 11:49 PM
Welcome to beyond and if you're wondering what the Saskatchewan Roughriders are let's just say half the highschool football teams in Cali could beat them.

BigBearWest
02-08-2006, 12:01 AM
Welcome and have fun