PDA

View Full Version : Creatine and Drinking

CSMRX7
02-06-2006, 01:35 PM
Are there any negative side affects when using creatine and drinking.

Reason I ask is I will be going on vacation, and obviously I will be drinking more than usual. I know they will both dehydrate me, but are there any other side affects I should be aware of?

jumperman8
02-06-2006, 01:40 PM
Umm, just a waste of Creatine really. no other harmful side effects.

Wildcat
02-06-2006, 02:24 PM
hangovers are worse than usual.

1-Cent
02-06-2006, 02:54 PM
Your penis will turn black and fall off.

00CivicSi
02-06-2006, 02:58 PM
It negates the effects of creatine. Cause when you use creatine yer retaining water in yer muscle cells and when you drink you dehydrate yer cells

Hakkola
02-06-2006, 07:00 PM
I've been taking creatine since beginning of January, I was drinking pretty much every day, I've gained 8 pounds in that time frame. :dunno: I do drink about 3.5 litres of water per day though, that probably negates the effects of dehydration.

I didn't really care if alcohol negated the effects, as I used it for an energy boost and the weight I'm gaining is likely from increasing the amount of food I eat drastically. They way I look at it, as long as I don't drink between consuming creatine and working out, what difference does it make?

I have slowed down my drinking though, in fact I'm not going to drink at all until the weekend, I'll let you know if I notice any difference.

P.S: I wasn't consuming large amounts of alcohol though, usually just 1.5 pints of beer a day.

civic_stylez
02-06-2006, 07:06 PM
the most important thing is to drink a ton of water... water is the best thing to keep the blood moving and the muscles healthy.. try to keep your protein intake high as well.

steelo
02-06-2006, 11:11 PM
Water keeps the blood moving? :rolleyes:

hockeybronx
02-06-2006, 11:40 PM
I found an article about this in Mens Health a while ago. It showed how beverages containing caffeine negate the benefits of creatine:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90564&highlight=interesting+article

00CivicSi
02-07-2006, 01:02 AM
It does that because caffine dehydrates ya negating the effects of creatine.... I do however agree with Hakkola to a certain extent. When I'm on my creatine cyle (note: I just use pure monohydrate because I'm asian) I still do drink alot and still find it useful but I'm just curious of how my kidney is actually doing :dunno: I'm pretty sure I'm due to get one removed really soon

hockeybronx
02-07-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by 00CivicSi
I do however agree with Hakkola to a certain extent. When I'm on my creatine cyle (note: I just use pure monohydrate because I'm asian) I still do drink alot and still find it useful but I'm just curious of how my kidney is actually doing :dunno: I'm pretty sure I'm due to get one removed really soon

As long as you are drinking adequate amounts of water (2-5 litres a day) you are just as likely as any other person in the world at developing a kidney disorder.

Stop being so paranoid.

the_fornicator
02-07-2006, 02:31 PM
creatine = makes you retain water.

alcohol = dehydrates you.

pretty simple math.

1-Cent
02-07-2006, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by 00CivicSi
It does that because caffine dehydrates ya negating the effects of creatine.... I do however agree with Hakkola to a certain extent. When I'm on my creatine cyle (note: I just use pure monohydrate because I'm asian) I still do drink alot and still find it useful but I'm just curious of how my kidney is actually doing :dunno: I'm pretty sure I'm due to get one removed really soon

Hey if you end your life with the same kidneys that you started with, you wasted some perfectly good kidneys :dunno:

Seriously though you're exaggerating the situation to a huge extent...

ecstasy_civic
02-07-2006, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by 1-Cent

Seriously though you're exaggerating the situation to a huge extent...

No kidding man lol

aram1000
02-08-2006, 03:25 PM
all i know is its really hard on your liver and kidneys, most guys i know usually don't drink at all while on creatine

steelo
02-08-2006, 03:45 PM
If that's all you know then you really have no business contributing to this conversation.

Go back to the valley, man.

hockeybronx
02-08-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by aram1000
all i know is its really hard on your liver and kidneys, most guys i know usually don't drink at all while on creatine

Here let me put it straight for you...

IF you aren't smart when experimenting with supplements, THEN yes it may be hard on your kidneys. Drink water and stop being so friggin paranoid.