PDA

View Full Version : How did everybody like V8Less?

legendboy
07-07-2002, 01:33 AM
I think it was a waste of time and gas to drive up there to see that show....1/2 the cars were cars I see all the time in calgary! The RPM show ripped on v8less........I was disapointed. I guess if u stayed up and clubed or whatever it would have been ok but to go just for the cars......:thumbsdow

max_boost
07-07-2002, 01:50 AM
DAM IT! It wasn't even that busy at work tonight! I coulda went!!! Everyone was out of town going to that show, I was so bored at home it wasn't even funny!!!

2000impreza
07-07-2002, 07:19 AM
did anyone see the v8less models? were they decent looking girls? everyone in edmonton went except me :(

oh yeah. Edmoton = rice captital...:rolleyes:

legendboy
07-07-2002, 11:21 AM
Ya, a couple of thoes girls were really hot:p

The Raptor
07-07-2002, 09:18 PM
it sucked ASS

4wheeldrift
07-07-2002, 09:19 PM
Coulda come to the solo 2 :D

The Raptor
07-07-2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by 2000impreza
did anyone see the v8less models? were they decent looking girls? everyone in edmonton went except me :(

There wasn't even good rice...:thumbsdow LOL I think Spyderman's garage is bigger than the place that held the cars indoor :dunno:

The Raptor
07-07-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
Ya, a couple of thoes girls were really hot:p

Ya there were 2, one brunette and one asian chic.. right LudeLVR? haha :D

rage2
07-07-2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Coulda come to the solo 2 :D

I was giving rides in my "Drift SLK" in Red Deer. The Solo2 course there was awesome for drifting. Caught some nice long drift footage in the SLK and AE86. Who would've thought you can drift a damn SLK? :thumbsup:

James
07-07-2002, 09:38 PM
I didnt think it too bad, except that half the cars were from Calgary, not really worth the drive up there though. Driving up to Edmonton, I acheived a new top speed in my car!:D Calgary roads just arnt long enough, really didnt think my car would make it past 200......plus some:thumbsup:

girlRACER
07-07-2002, 09:42 PM

The car show was gay. The only car I liked there was the Mercedes C-Coupe minus the ugly stickers on the side. There were a few pretty girls but most of them were stuck up. Some 4' tall chic was trying to strut in front of me in her 3 inch heels and ended up tripping...and I laughed in her face so hard she walked away embarassed.

However, the weather was nice and the cars parked outside the car show were nicer than the cars in the car show. Most of them were from Calgary anyways.

We got home at 5AM and were soooo tired.

legendboy
07-07-2002, 10:06 PM
Calgary ownz edmonton:guns:

James
07-07-2002, 10:12 PM
What a crappy City!:thumbsdow , I feel sorry for all you Edmontonians, its the truth.:rofl: :rolleyes: :p

The Raptor
07-07-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER

The car show was gay. The only car I liked there was the Mercedes C-Coupe minus the ugly stickers on the side. There were a few pretty girls but most of them were stuck up. Some 4' tall chic was trying to strut in front of me in her 3 inch heels and ended up tripping...and I laughed in her face so hard she walked away embarassed.

However, the weather was nice and the cars parked outside the car show were nicer than the cars in the car show. Most of them were from Calgary anyways.

We got home at 5AM and were soooo tired.

haha.. Dam!! I missed the 4' face plant. So did Kenny get any tickets? :rolleyes:

spyderman
07-07-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by James
What a crappy City!:thumbsdow , I feel sorry for all you Edmontonians, its the truth.:rofl: :rolleyes: :p

I hope you're paying attention Buh_Buh... :rofl:

LUDELVR
07-08-2002, 12:52 AM
That show was beat! The edmonton cars were beat, the girls were beat....well most of them!! haha, the streets were beat, the clubs were beat, and the city was beat!!! I guess it gets a 6 outta 6 rating!!! haha:thumbsdow Man, I have never experienced such a shitty car show! You'd think that taking a picture with a hot asian girl on top of a nice eclipse would balance out the bad flavor of such a horrible show...and yes, you're right!!! haha:thumbsup: :rofl:

Superesc
07-08-2002, 12:54 AM
wow was it that bad??? how does it compare to CIN??? hehe

LUDELVR
07-08-2002, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Superesc
wow was it that bad??? how does it compare to CIN??? hehe

It was seriously that bad!! I didn't go to CIN, but from what I saw and heard, it was a million times better than V8less!!! I guess it can be compared to spyderman's mom's riding technique and oral technique! That bitch can ride like the wind but when it comes down to hummers.......she really sucks!!! no pun intended, but she really takes the term "suck my dick" literally!!!:thumbsdow

nismodrifter
07-08-2002, 12:58 AM
so anyone have pics?

LUDELVR
07-08-2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
so anyone have pics?

Shit, redlyne_mr2 has to get them developed and spyderman only took like 4 of them!!!:thumbsdow Shit!! But then again, if you want to see pics, just go down to 17th. You'll eventually see all the cars that were at that beat ass show!!! haha just make sure when u get down town u crank up the tunes!!!! "two trailer park girls go round the outside, round the outside, round the outside!":rofl: :thumbsup:

shadowz
07-08-2002, 02:35 AM
Worst show Ive ever been to, I showed up and saw ludelvr and spyderman leaving

buh_buh
07-08-2002, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by spyderman

I hope you're paying attention Buh_Buh... :rofl:
Its all good man. Its under control.:thumbsup:

spyguy
07-08-2002, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by shadowz
Worst show Ive ever been to, I showed up and saw ludelvr and spyderman leaving

thank god i didnt waste any $$$ on going there! phew

REdOX
07-08-2002, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
so anyone have pics?

I took some... I didn't post them all yet cuz I need server to host them all (approx. 32mb worth).

Click Here (Work Warning) (http://www.telusplanet.net/public/jeffcruz/celica/20020706_v8lessnights/)

I especially like this one...
Booty Action (Work Warning) (http://www.telusplanet.net/public/jeffcruz/celica/20020706_v8lessnights/IMG_0138.jpg)

LUDELVR
07-08-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by REdOX

I took some... I didn't post them all yet cuz I need server to host them all (approx. 32mb worth).

Click Here (Work Warning) (http://www.telusplanet.net/public/jeffcruz/celica/20020706_v8lessnights/)

I especially like this one...
Booty Action (Work Warning) (http://www.telusplanet.net/public/jeffcruz/celica/20020706_v8lessnights/IMG_0138.jpg)

That blonde chick was the worst pamela anderson wannabe I've ever seen!!! hahaha. What a bitch!! haha. The other one was way hotter but she had a kid!!!! Damn!!

Redlyne_mr2
07-08-2002, 11:08 AM
ya those 2 hoes must have had all there brains in their asses cause they weren't anything but a couple of shit heads...and what was with that fat asian dude in the leather pants not lettign us borrow hiw models to takes pics with the beyond crew outside? My pics are at the photolab right now and i'll scan them once i get them back...Someone needs to tell me why Edmonton sucks so bad....the best part was out cab driver Jim who had twins:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bigpimp:

kenny/girlracer...you 2 made it home alive..you guys should haev stayed the night you could have had Leo hold you 2 in his arms..he needed some love that night:D

LUDELVR
07-08-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
ya those 2 hoes must have had all there brains in their asses cause they weren't anything but a couple of shit heads...and what was with that fat asian dude in the leather pants not lettign us borrow hiw models to takes pics with the beyond crew outside? My pics are at the photolab right now and i'll scan them once i get them back...Someone needs to tell me why Edmonton sucks so bad....the best part was out cab driver Jim who had twins:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bigpimp:

kenny/girlracer...you 2 made it home alive..you guys should haev stayed the night you could have had Leo hold you 2 in his arms..he needed some love that night:D

No shit dude. I needed some cuddling and khang is just too tall for me. Can't properly spoon with him!! And wayne was just not a cuddler, and kevin is just too violent!! haha, and you man, well.... how do we put this nicely?? You're just white!!!! hahahaah, anyway, as for jim, what passenger doesn't want a cab driver who's had twins and offers a joint to his customers!!?? hahaha. I really hate that city man! Red deer better be kick ass or I'm calling my partying days over!!!:rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
07-08-2002, 11:19 AM
Red Deer will kick ass, you'll see, Kevin was telling me he wanted to cuddle with you but looks and attitude were making you look intimidatign and hard to approach...dont worry though, there's always Red Deer

Superesc
07-08-2002, 11:22 AM
is there a show in Red Deer???? or Meet?

I am lost and confused. ... as usual.. hehe

LUDELVR
07-08-2002, 11:23 AM
...dont worry though, there's always Red Deer

You're damn straight!! Small towns don't fail me now!!! hahaha
:rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

speedracer
07-08-2002, 11:24 AM
Redlyne_mr2 : You shouldve' come out and Vist me and Rage 2 at the Westerner Grounds on Sunday.

Sightings: Beat up rust bucket Trans Am with 2 mullet guys in wife beater shirts playing some eminem song trying to get me to race :nut: all I could do was laugh :rofl:

What with Red Deer and mullets I saw so many at night?

LUDELVR
07-08-2002, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by speedracer

small towns = camaros & trans ams = wife beaters = mullets.
That's about it! As for the song, shit, that's reserved for 17th ave!!! hahahaha

Import_Girl
07-08-2002, 11:33 AM
I am so happy to be back home again....dame that sucked some major ass,,,what a waste of time, im still in a bad mood from that show....that car show was 12 hrs of hell....i was so board and so tired i was in a daze from about 5:00 and on, so if i came across as grumpy it was because i was daydreaming about all of the things i could have done that would have been a better use of my time, like measure the distance between my braces...haha.. like every one said most of the cars were from calgary, in comparison to CIN, CIN kicked ass.....and thats pretty bad. It smelled so bad inside that tiney little arena, it was so humid, it felt like a basement bar with no ventalation after a 15hr rave......now im home trying to scrub the finger prints off my windows and am milking a nasty sun burn, my highlight of the week end was when 11:45 rolled around and i got to take our cars out. That was the first car show i ever entered and now my expectatons of car shows have droped so much, are they all tht unorganized.....Mark was a cool guy though, you could tell he was hella stressin....but anyway...its time to forget and heal up the wound that the V8less weekend left...:banghead:

spyguy
07-08-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

small towns = camaros & trans ams = wife beaters = mullets.
That's about it! As for the song, shit, that's reserved for 17th ave!!! hahahaha

haha if you wanna see mullets...goto crack alley...:barf:

Redlyne_mr2
07-08-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by speedracer
Redlyne_mr2 : You shouldve' come out and Vist me and Rage 2 at the Westerner Grounds on Sunday.

Sightings: Beat up rust bucket Trans Am with 2 mullet guys in wife beater shirts playing some eminem song trying to get me to race :nut: all I could do was laugh :rofl:

damn..buh buh. raptor, kang, ludelvr and spyder man were all in Red Deer with me on Sunday, we shoudl haev stopped by..we were all so tired though...i need to go sleep on my trampoline now:zzz:

coldrsx
07-08-2002, 12:30 PM
come on guys it wasnt that bad- not good, but from what you guys are saying....it was like how calgary is anytime of the year besides stampede week-------a hole in the ground with some horses besides some nice mountains--------

now normally i dont hate on things, but come on....if you thought CIN was better....was it $20 or $25 for 10mins of crap. Atleast this one you could buy some mcd's afterwards.

this was edm's first dedicated show, there were problems, they need a better venue, more cars, more people, models, but first off we are in alberta- not exactly the capital of imports and i have been to HIN in seattle, boom in vancouver, CIN...etc. IT WILL NEVER BE THOSE, if you think of it as like that of course you will be disappointed.

i will be the first to say it was better than i thought, but far from where it should be.

We need to hate less and maybe promote more so we will have an import scene here in alberta. If not go trade in your type-r's, SLK's, blue spiders etc and be like all other calgarian's----------------driving dually's with step bars and hay in the back.

:madred:

ConVict
07-08-2002, 01:16 PM
gez guys, sure seemed like it sucked! My buddy took home the best honda award! and he doesnt have custom interior , fibreglass sub box's, mulitiple dvd system's, a turboed engine... so does that kinda tell me what kind a cars where in the show ?

im glad he won it, its cool as hell! but when i look at a magazine with tricked up rides at a car show they dont even compare

Redlyne_mr2
07-08-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by coldrsx
come on guys it wasnt that bad- not good, but from what you guys are saying....it was like how calgary is anytime of the year besides stampede week-------a hole in the ground with some horses besides some nice mountains--------
:madred:
dude you must have been at another show cause it was crap...Christ Red Deer has a better scene than Edmonton , I'm not sure what there was there that impressed you btu damn dude...did you see that gay fashion show with the christmas lights around the stage, or the boards of the hockey rink that it was in, or how about the riced out , neon covered abominations posing as show cars. Calgary's scene is so much better, I'll give them props for makign it happen but they need to make alot of changes for next year:thumbsdow

REdOX
07-08-2002, 02:58 PM
I'll give them props for makign it happen but they need to make alot of changes for next year:thumbsdow

I think that's the smartest thing you've posted since I've been on this forum. :thumbsup:

2000impreza
07-08-2002, 03:06 PM
i saw some pics of the v8less car show. some of the cars looked ok.... i mean not the best but was it really that bad?

lol. i heard one of the models almost walked off the stage.... haha :rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
07-08-2002, 03:35 PM
i saw some pics of the v8less car show. some of the cars looked ok.... i mean not the best but was it really that bad?

lol. i heard one of the models almost walked off the stage.... haha :rofl:
ya she walked off with us and chilled outside (will post pics):thumbsup: :thumbsup: :devil:

sexualbanana
07-08-2002, 04:06 PM
wayne, did u guys see that accident on calgary trail sunday? with the saturn that got fucked up?? that would be us. :burnout:

seriously, it was barrybeach's saturn!

Redlyne_mr2
07-08-2002, 04:28 PM
hahah. there was an mkiv supra tt there with a single turbo conversion, i went to talk to the guy who was there with the car, i asked him what kidn of turbo he was running....
his response: "I'm not sure man..all I know is that it's big though" thanks you chump:thumbsdow

OPGForce
07-08-2002, 04:30 PM
so anyone have pics?

goto this link (http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?show_all=1&id=4291644699&start=1) to access my photo album of the show

spyderman
07-08-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
wayne, did u guys see that accident on calgary trail sunday? with the saturn that got fucked up?? that would be us. :burnout:

seriously, it was barrybeach's saturn!

Yup, We saw the accident. Good to see you guys are doing okay!

coldrsx
07-08-2002, 05:14 PM
red mr2 - that is a T66 or T72 i believe. that car is dynod at 600hp. it is a beast and is too much power for 99% of drivers

Redlyne_mr2
07-08-2002, 05:17 PM
red mr2 - that is a T66 or T72 i believe. that car is dynod at 600hp. it is a beast and is too much power for 99% of drivers
nice:thumbsup: since it's a single turbo conversion and it has a claimed 600rwhp my guess is it would be a t72, the t66 wouldnt be able to get those kidn of numbers..nice car:thumbsup:

coldrsx
07-08-2002, 05:21 PM
redline mr2- who said this?

"I'm not sure man..all I know is that it's big though"

if it was anyone other than toby - the owner or both the supra and the wrx, dont listen to them

cocoabrova
07-08-2002, 05:42 PM

if it was anyone other than toby - the owner or both the supra and the wrx, dont listen to them

It was Shoobs.......:banghead: :rofl: :rofl:

tibby racer
07-08-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova

It was Shoobs.......:banghead: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't think it was Shoobs, Shoobs knows his stuff....

legendboy
07-08-2002, 06:22 PM
lol

cocoabrova
07-08-2002, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by tibby racer

I don't think it was Shoobs, Shoobs knows his stuff....
Oh yah, mah bad..... I meant the OTHER 13yo that's gonna build a sub 10sec. street car for 65 hun...... :thumbsup: :rofl:

sexualbanana
07-08-2002, 07:57 PM

The other one was way hotter but she had a kid!!!! Damn!!

me and my friends noticed that in edmonton! we're not sure if it was just us, but we noticed that there were a lot of young girls that already had kids.

Mortimer Schnur
07-08-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

me and my friends noticed that in edmonton! we're not sure if it was just us, but we noticed that there were a lot of young girls that already had kids.

I think you'll find Red Deer to be the single mom capitol of Alberta!

:nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :guns: :woot:

MiNG
07-09-2002, 12:20 AM
i saw some hot girls in edmonton

buh_buh
07-09-2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by MiNG
i saw some hot girls in edmonton
chances are, 80% of the hot girls you saw in Edmonton were married. Another 19% are engaged, and the other 1% was just a mistake, they weren't hot at all.:bigpimp:

Redlyne_mr2
07-09-2002, 10:12 AM

some asian dude with glasses on handing out racing zone business cards standing next to the supra

coldrsx
07-09-2002, 12:44 PM
might have been toby, but he had two friends that fit that description who might not know.

Redlyne_mr2
07-09-2002, 02:42 PM
where was the owner of that car, I wish there would have been someone there to walk me through the specs on it:dunno:

Mark Seto
07-09-2002, 10:48 PM
Hi Guys,

For those who came out and supported V8less Nights, I want to thank you. I'm sorry it wasn't up to your expectations; Edmonton's not exactly the import capital of the world.

V8less nights was locally run, we have no real support from any large corporations or a large capital base. Quite honestly we didn’t expect the turn out we did, and the show was very expensive to put on even with the mediocre venue.

While it seems like many Calgarians didn't enjoy the show, you did make an impact on our city and the people who attended V8less Nights. We don’t get to see Calgary cars daily, and it was a real treat for some Edmontonians.

I found your criticism harsh, but constructive. I'm open to suggestions and once again, my apologies.

Mark
Producer V8less Nights

legendboy
07-09-2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by markis
Hi Guys,

For those who came out and supported V8less Nights, I want to thank you. I'm sorry it wasn't up to your expectations; Edmonton's not exactly the import capital of the world.

V8less nights was locally run, we have no real support from any large corporations or a large capital base. Quite honestly we didn’t expect the turn out we did, and the show was very expensive to put on even with the mediocre venue.

While it seems like many Calgarians didn't enjoy the show, you did make an impact on our city and the people who attended V8less Nights. We don’t get to see Calgary cars daily, and it was a real treat for some Edmontonians.

I found your criticism harsh, but constructive. I'm open to suggestions and once again, my apologies.

Mark
Producer V8less Nights

:thumbsup:

2000impreza
07-09-2002, 11:14 PM
hey mark. i didn't go to v8less carshow but i did see some pics my friend took. i though you guys did a good job putting it together:thumbsup: .

Redlyne_mr2
07-09-2002, 11:33 PM
Hey Mark,
Thankyou for posting in response to v8less, I realise that many of the comments were harsh but alot of them were over emphasized basically for pure entertainment. The show however was still very shitty, I realise that Edmonton isn't the import capital of the world but that doesn't mean that the event had to be held in such a ghetto ass place.
If it were me organizing the show I would hold it in Red Deer, it's right in between the 2 cities, it has some really great exhibition centers and is alot easier to get around in. Sylvan Lake is also 10 minutes away which makes for a great evening aftershow cruises.
The promotions done for v8less were also pretty weak, no one knew where it was, i called jb's they had no idea so I called autotoys and they told me where to go, they didn't know the address though so I had to look it up in the phone book. You guys didn't even have a contact number....
VIP parking was ridiculous, you had 40+ thousand dollar show cars parked inches away from eachother and if you wanted to leave you couldn't because you were boxed in.
2 of the models at the show were also 2 of the worst promotions models I have ever seen, i'm not sure who hired them but next time you guys hire models make sure they have a personality and a brain in that makeup plastered head of theirs. Myself and a friend tried strikign up a conversation with the 2 girls, one was rolling her eyes whiel the other was not saying anything. They thought they were so much better than everyone there and basically ruined the enthusiasm of the show. The one asian model with the mercedes/lexus crew was a great girl and I would recomend that she be brought back for next years show, her name was Elaine.
The fashion show is also something that has to go, there has to be a dance school in Edmonton who be willing to let there students do some dancing at the show, have you ever been to a show in Cali, it's all breakdancing dude, that would have kicked ass.
So anyways these are my opinions and suggestions, I hope to see v8less nights back next year but with some new and improved modifications cause it was riced out this year.
Peace
Ryan
:devil:

Mark Seto
07-10-2002, 12:21 AM
For our first event it was quite a learning experience. We weren't too sure how Edmonton would respond to an event of this type. Feedback from Sponsors both from Edmonton and Calgary we're great.

One thing we learnt is that we had an unexpected large amount of out of town visitors like you. The event was primarily designed about satisfying Edmontonians. We may need to think out of the box and include the needs of Calgarians next time. But I realize that I may never be able to meet your standards if you're looking for a Cali show!

V8less will be in Edmonton again, because it takes a lot of volunteers to organize something like this. We had 70 people volunteer. I'd love to help anyone who will take up the challenge of putting a show up in Red Deer.

Thanks for your comments

PS
You mentioned Autotoyz and JBs - both which turned down the offer to sponsor the event.

LUDELVR
07-10-2002, 03:26 AM
2 of the models at the show were also 2 of the worst promotions models I have ever seen, i'm not sure who hired them but next time you guys hire models make sure they have a personality and a brain in that makeup plastered head of theirs.
:

Who cares??? They both had tremendous racks!!!!:rofl: :rofl:

REdOX
07-10-2002, 10:54 AM
Who cares??? They both had tremendous racks!!!!:rofl: :rofl:

Exactly. Who cares about their personality when all you're doing is taking pictures of them? :)

The Raptor
07-10-2002, 11:44 AM
Hey Markis, just wanted to commend you on at least putting an effort into getting a show like that together. Organizing such an event isn't as easy as everyone thinks! Altho we were trashing the event on the board, it's like Redlyne_MR2 said it was meant more for entertainment purposes and I hope that you don't take the trash talkin to seriously! It was all in good fun, you know how Ludelvr doesn't know any more words beyond, "suck ass" and "Edmonton is beat". It's just his way of expressing his feelings.

As for the show I think Redlyne made some good suggestions. Red Deer is central to both cities and perhaps even the exhibition places might even be cheaper than in Edmonton. Personally I didn't mind the fashion show idea, but I think if you really want to have that "WOW" effect, you really need to hit up the sponsors big time for support.. And that goes for performance shop sponsors as well.

As for the models...ya what was up with those crazy chics? I mean for me the import scene is not just about cars but more of a lifestyle (fast cars, good music, chics, chics, chics) so for the next show hell you gotta have more than the 3 chics that were there. All in all I'm sure most people appreciated the effort put in, but of course we know you'll learn from these mistakes and make the next one much better! :thumbsup:

girlRACER
07-10-2002, 12:33 PM
I think that many people from Calgary did not enjoy the show because most of the cars in the show were from Calgary and were in the RPM show the week before that....which was free.

sexualbanana
07-10-2002, 01:29 PM
even still, i kinda enjoyed the trip. even if it was edmonton :rofl: . it was just a break from seeing the same scenery in calgary.

Import_Girl
07-10-2002, 02:51 PM
Girl Racer is right, i the calgary folks were expecting tot see something different than our cars, but we understand now and respect that we do have more import teams that participate in car shows. I think i would have had alot more fun if our friends were there too, it was not the stmosphere that made me in such a shity mood it was the fact that on the way to the show some of our friends that were aloso surposed to be in the show had a accident on the highway, so they were unable to go, so me and michelle and Edison were the only one's there. :( ...so that sucked, but atleast they were all ok. But if you do it again next year mark, we'll try it again, hardly anything runs smoothly the first time, but second times a charm,...we'll try to have the 240 washed next time...hahaha....Thanx for everything Mark, your awsome, dont take anything to heart, for the cal people it was just a bad weekend cuz we were out of farmiliar grounds, didnt no what to do, many many car accidents. so there were othe contributing factors other than an arena with no ventalation....:thumbsup:

LUDELVR
07-10-2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by The Raptor
Ludelvr doesn't know any more words beyond, "suck ass" and "Edmonton is beat". It's just his way of expressing his feelings.

Dude, you're beat! You also suck ass!!!

Redlyne_Celica
07-10-2002, 10:41 PM
I think the problem with promoting an event like this or any event for that matter when you are a new promoter (making an assumption that Markis is a new promoter) is that when your running around looking for sponsors and asking for all this free money you have ppl (ie potential sponsors) just looking at you with 2 things in mind:

1) Who is this jerk, in addition to the thousands of other ppl, that is asking me to dish out my hard earned cash?

2) (The big one) What am I gonna get in this? Will I see any return or should I just go home and throw this bundle of cash in the fire?

It's pretty hard to get around that, and how many of you can name a few of the vendors that were there? (I can't b/c I didn't make it unfortunately) And how many of you will now buy parts from them?

Unfortunately it's those obstacles that hamper the success of any event. But I think anyone that was there maybe needs to praise Markis a bit whether they liked it or not b/c he did it, survived it and now has a base to work from for next year. I'm sure there's many things he already knows he wants to do better, he has some sponsor contacts and hopefully the beginning rapport with a few new ones that will come on board next time.

So no matter if it was good or bad it can only get better right?

legendboy
07-10-2002, 10:47 PM
Get a good car sales person to go and get your sponsors. Thoes objections are eaisly overcome. I use to face them everyday :thumbsup:

Mark Seto
07-11-2002, 12:06 AM
Hi guys,

It takes a lot to offend me so no worries, I actually found some of them funny!

Quite honestly if all the feedback I got was praise, then I know people aren't being honest. Bottom line is I respect your opinions.

How about this suggestion... I know where you guys hang now. And I definately value your input. I'll solicit your suggestions early, and bounce the ideas off you guys for future events.

V8less was built from the people up, and that the way we'll keep it.

Thanks and take care. If any of you grace us Edmontonians with your presence again, feel free to contact me...I'll be happy to join you for a cruise and a beer - in that order ;)

REdOX
07-11-2002, 11:35 AM
For sure Mark... :thumbsup: