PDA

View Full Version : Telus interview

Boostn
02-06-2006, 11:54 PM
What types of questions do they generally pose and does it take long? Will they ask mostly technical or focus more on personality type of questions. I've heard there's some role playing involved but not sure what scenarios they look for. Anybody been through one and offer some insight? Apparently there'll be 2 managers and a HR rep present during the interrogation. ;)

Ben
02-07-2006, 12:25 AM
Would help to know what Job it was for...

Basic Contact Center Rep?

Help Desk?

411/Operator Services

Management

List goes on.

Boostn
02-07-2006, 12:27 AM
Sorry, it's for a service tech position

Ben
02-07-2006, 02:08 PM
I cannot speak from experience as I was only involved with Sales and IT within TELUS however for the most part it's a combination of both.

I was in the Help Desk Department on the Business Voice and Data side, so I delt first hand with techs in the field, as well as substantial damage control with the customers experiencing an outage.

Because you deal face to face with both Residential and Business clients for new installs as well as repairs, it can be an extremely positive or extremely negative experience. Fastened with your knowledge of the technologies required, they want to be assured you are personable, so that you do not end up losing a client sitting on the fence, as well as scrapping any chance of repeat business.

The old saying of when something goes well, people rarely share, when something goes poor, they tell everyone is deathly true in the telecommunications industry.

Generally interviews range between 45 and an hour and a half. They may require you to complete a mental assessment which generally analyzes your ability to handle stress as well as think on your toes.

Perhaps someone here is a little more knowledgeable on the actual service side of things, but as a whole thats the general idea.

Hope that Helps.

Boostn
02-09-2006, 03:14 PM
thanks for the info.

Typically how long does it take to receive a job offer reply if you're the successful candidate? Presumably they'll have to check references and criminal record history first.

Fordpower.ca
02-10-2006, 08:11 AM
they are pretty much all behaviourable based questions...

eg "tell me about a time when you dealt with an angry customer..." "tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult peer (or someone you worked with) stuff like that. google STAR interview questions. theres a list of some common questions, so study up and think of some scenarios.

Situation
Task
Action
Result

so you would answer that question like this...

In this situation, the customer.....

So the task at hand was to....

The action i took was....

The end result was....

be sure to use those 4 key words in your answers IN THAT ORDER... they want to see how you have reacted to certain scenarios. its always a plus to have a positive outcome too. if you havent been in that situation, make something up.. who cares.

hope this helps.

D