PDA

View Full Version : what the hell is with cavalier drivers!!

LUDELVR
03-10-2003, 03:55 PM
Okay, now I don't usually make fun of people's cars but I don't know what would possess some people to do certain things to their cars!!! And I think it's mostly with cavalier drivers!! haha, anyway, on my way to school today, I saw this maroon cavalier and it looked fairly stock....cept it had dual exahausts, and I was like that's pretty sweet, but as I came closer, I noticed that one tip was flowing more than the other...I know mine does a bit too but as I took an even closer look, I noticed that there was no exahaust coming out from the right side. To my surprise, I could actually look right through it!!! hahahah, I think someone already did a thread on this but I also noticed that he had some gauges....actually, it was a pod...with no gauges! But he did have an msd shift light it looked like!!!
I just don't know why you'd have a tip that is not connected to anything as well as a pod with no gauges!! But hey, maybe that's just me!!! hahahaha

CRXguy
03-10-2003, 04:08 PM
In the words of redline-13000, "what a hurtin' unit!" :rofl:

three.eighteen.
03-10-2003, 04:25 PM
stock sunfire gts have twin exit exhaust, however under WOT it just flows thru one of the exits...its just as bad stock...lol

Ven
03-10-2003, 04:27 PM
Yesterday I saw a silver base model that had a HUGE silver wing on the trunk. The car was totally stock otherwise, plastic hub caps and all :) I did a double take. Early/mid 40's guy driving it, I'm guessing it's his kid's car.

CRXguy
03-10-2003, 04:29 PM
But I think sunfire gt's actually have a y-pipe to connect to the dual mufflers. Where as this queer just slapped on an extra muffler for the look. :rofl:

kenny
03-10-2003, 04:32 PM
hey maybe its work in progress! =)

GTS Jeff
03-10-2003, 04:33 PM
cavalier syndrome = buy the car and become a tard

max_boost
03-10-2003, 04:43 PM
Some honda owners are just as big morons....seriously.....haha

CRXguy
03-10-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by kenny
hey maybe its work in progress! =)

I dont understand some people. Why not wait till you have everything then put it on? Why do a half ass job?:rolleyes: :dunno:

___2PaC___
03-10-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Some honda owners are just as big morons....seriously.....haha

:werd:

CRXguy
03-10-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by ___2PaC___

Don't you ever post anything else besides :werd:, :rofl:, or :hitit:?

Illusionsir
03-10-2003, 05:37 PM
I just don't know why you'd have a tip that is not connected to anything as well as a pod with no gauges!! But hey, maybe that's just me!!! hahahaha

i`ll tell you why, honda's in particular (and 2 liter cavaliers) have a problem with back pressure. as you can imagine adding a second exhaust muffler with severly hurt this back pressure. now unless you wanted to do the calculation and cut your existing pipe into have the size to compinsate for the extra muffler, having them both hooked up is a waste of power and can damage your motor internally. and if you thinking "then why would you do it period" then i`ll tell you its because you have a back bumper that needs the second muffler to look in perportion.

does that answer your question?

:devil:

Blue Devil 2
03-10-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

This is the same person who thinks 2Pac is returning...

redline_13000
03-10-2003, 07:12 PM
In the words of redline-13000, "what a hurtin' unit!" :rofl:

haha, thats what i wanted to reply when i read it:D

jaylo
03-10-2003, 07:46 PM
Haven't seen it, but I'm sure to have a smile on my face when I see it.

Anyone seen that black cavalier w/ an unpainted aftermarket front bumper and it's lowered so much that it bounces up and down like crazy when he goes over bumps and stuff? Reminds me of that Kentucky popcorn chicken commercial.

XylathaneGTR
03-10-2003, 09:42 PM
Ugh...
There's this older MR2 thats always around my school...And its got the NASTIEST dual exhaust system...and about 75% flow comes from teh left... and it just sounds...Ugh...its impossible to describe... The guy just drives it up and down northmount dr and 14th street, back and fourth, up and down...all day. Its sickening.

Im starting to see a latta "souped" J body cars... And all the sunfires have that same damn kit...You know the one im talking about...The really ricey one, with that GIANT fucking hood scoop, and that kinda, wrap around double spoiler on the back.

LUDELVR
03-10-2003, 09:45 PM
But I think sunfire gt's actually have a y-pipe to connect to the dual mufflers. Where as this queer just slapped on an extra muffler for the look. :rofl:

Dude, it wasn't a muffler...it looked like just a pipe!!!!! :eek:

LUDELVR
03-10-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by XylathaneGTR
Ugh...
There's this older MR2 thats always around my school...And its got the NASTIEST dual exhaust system...and about 75% flow comes from teh left... and it just sounds...Ugh...its impossible to describe... The guy just drives it up and down northmount dr and 14th street, back and fourth, up and down...all day. Its sickening.

Im starting to see a latta "souped" J body cars... And all the sunfires have that same damn kit...You know the one im talking about...The really ricey one, with that GIANT fucking hood scoop, and that kinda, wrap around double spoiler on the back.

hahaha, I"ve seen that thing around!!!! I won't make fun of it too much cuz I have a dual exahaust and one side flows more than the other. The reasoning behind why I got it though is cuz with the black widow rear, I'd have one gaping hole if I didn't!! :dunno:

XylathaneGTR
03-10-2003, 10:14 PM
Thats not the main reason im making fun of the guys car...It just sonds...ugh, SOOOOO disgusting, and he just trys to show it off so much by driving up and down 14th street showing off to a bunch of highschoolers. Thats all he does, seriously , just up and down.
There's no problem getting the dual for the blackwidow kit, cause it would look a little...messed w/o it...
Its a matter of taste...and yeah, a lotta rears look kinda off w/ a single exhaust...

Illusionsir
03-10-2003, 10:56 PM
like mine, the only thing is i didnt hook mine up. i dont really care what anyone has to say about it, its because i didnt feel like losing performance, btw, ludelvr, how big is the piping to your duels??

LUDELVR
03-10-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Illusionsir
like mine, the only thing is i didnt hook mine up. i dont really care what anyone has to say about it, its because i didnt feel like losing performance, btw, ludelvr, how big is the piping to your duels??

2.5", it's not too bad though, well, it is once you start flooring it!! haha, but yah, I was contempating sticking a divider in the Y so it would flow more to the other side but I'm just too lazy and broke! You can only notice it in the winter time anyway!! hahahaha

RiceCake
03-10-2003, 11:43 PM
Hahaha I remember posting the thread about that cavaleir. I swear his second exhaust is a cheapo crappy tire tip! :rofl: In the summer he likes to ride on people's bumpers, cut them off and flash the hazards thinking he's pimp daddy!

XylathaneGTR
03-11-2003, 12:09 AM
Yeah, you live right down the street from me, so i see your car pretty much daily. i remember when it had the single.
It looked a little off balance, but now that the duels on it, it looks really nice. Props on your car man :)
I agree with you on the not losing performance...Its useless to lose performance for the looks or whatever.
Cant you get like, little fiberglass peices that fill in the 2nd hole for the exhaust tho?

Hollywood
03-11-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by ___2PaC___

Ya really I noticed this yesteday too. I looked at 2 of my subscibed threads both were 2PAC saying "WERD." and that's it.

I found it kinda cheezy and annoying. Seems like a waste of bandwith.

Redlyne_mr2
03-11-2003, 12:15 AM
Dammit Leo not everyones a high roller like you..I dont even have a muffler:D

mwmhong
03-11-2003, 12:16 AM

:werd: :rofl: :hitit:

Grab your Glocks when you see 2paC
Call the cops when you see 2paC

:werd: :rofl: :hitit:

LUDELVR
03-11-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Dammit Leo not everyones a high roller like you..I dont even have a muffler:D

You have an SR-V muffler!! That's pure VTEC man!!! :thumbsup: :rofl: :rofl:

LUDELVR
03-11-2003, 12:39 AM

WTF!! This is the kettle calling the pot black!! You're like the king of one smiley comments!!!! hahahahahahahah it's either that or

interesting!!!
hahaha:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ancient
03-11-2003, 01:09 AM
Hah on my way home tonight.... Im crusin down deerfoot at like 120.... passin mostly everyone, but not quickly, I pass this cavalier, paying no attention to it...

All of a sudden I see him zoooooooooooom past me, I continue my speed as normal, he gets a bit up, gets behind 3 cars, brakes... I go past him.... hes behind me for a bit now... Traffic frees up, he ZOOOOOOOOOMS past me again, cuts across into middle lane..... Slightly gettin infront of me, lets off gas, then cuts back across and merges off onto glenmore....

I go past him again and take a quick look over as hes merging, and see a typical white guy thugged out.

Props to this guy.

Ben
03-11-2003, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by ancient
Hah on my way home tonight.... Im crusin down deerfoot at like 120.... passin mostly everyone, but not quickly, I pass this cavalier, paying no attention to it...

All of a sudden I see him zoooooooooooom past me, I continue my speed as normal, he gets a bit up, gets behind 3 cars, brakes... I go past him.... hes behind me for a bit now... Traffic frees up, he ZOOOOOOOOOMS past me again, cuts across into middle lane..... Slightly gettin infront of me, lets off gas, then cuts back across and merges off onto glenmore....

I go past him again and take a quick look over as hes merging, and see a typical white guy thugged out.

Props to this guy.

I should expect he got the finger and Squint head shake.

RiceCake
03-11-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by ancient

Props to this guy.

How typical, Cavalier flyby...:rolleyes:

Illusionsir
03-11-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by XylathaneGTR

Yeah, you live right down the street from me, so i see your car pretty much daily. i remember when it had the single.
It looked a little off balance, but now that the duels on it, it looks really nice. Props on your car man :)
I agree with you on the not losing performance...Its useless to lose performance for the looks or whatever.
Cant you get like, little fiberglass peices that fill in the 2nd hole for the exhaust tho?

where abouts do you live?? i could just fill in the second hole but i think the bumper would then look to bulky. a well, thanks for the props.

GT2NV
03-11-2003, 11:57 PM

where abouts do you live?? i could just fill in the second hole but i think the bumper would then look to bulky. a well, thanks for the props.
speaking of your car illusion the new rims look pimp they make your car look 20X better much props

missblondie
03-12-2003, 12:27 AM
you guys should see the car club in Red Deer... i won't mention the name, to avoid getting into trouble.. but they drive around with the biggest tips they can find, intakes made out of coffee cans, and each one has a HUGE aluminum wing

.... why won't they let me join!?!?!?!?!

RiceCake
03-12-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by acuraxx
you guys should see the car club in Red Deer... i won't mention the name, to avoid getting into trouble.. but they drive around with the biggest tips they can find, intakes made out of coffee cans, and each one has a HUGE aluminum wing

.... why won't they let me join!?!?!?!?!
I think redline_mr2 brought this up a while back... haha, they had the chicken wire kits, and really ghetto mods :D

Illusionsir
03-12-2003, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by black94gt

speaking of your car illusion the new rims look pimp they make your car look 20X better much props

why thank you very much :D

Dj_Stylz
03-12-2003, 08:10 AM
yea very nice!

Redlyne_mr2
03-13-2003, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by RiceCake

I think redline_mr2 brought this up a while back... haha, they had the chicken wire kits, and really ghetto mods :D
Haha you never forgot about those guys..team Uneeq I believe is how they call themselves