PDA

View Full Version : Deck Installation problem Any suggestions?

driz6
03-10-2003, 04:07 PM
I was installing my deck in my 93' p-finder and I know I hooked all the wires up properly but my deck will not turn on. The factory stereo has an amp which may have something to do with the problem but I highly doubt it. I tested the ignition wire and the constant power with a test light and everything has power my ground is also good I dont know any other problems that could cause this. Is my deck fried???? should I have it checked out????

FiveFreshFish
03-10-2003, 04:13 PM
Check your in-line fuse (if you have one).

Wookey
03-10-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Check your in-line fuse (if you have one).

:werd: also check the fuse on the back of the deck..... and if not you may have a bad ground.:dunno:

driz6
03-10-2003, 04:41 PM
checked both any other suggestions?

nismodrifter
03-10-2003, 08:42 PM
you're using the metra harness? make sure you did not switch the remote amp turn on and power antenna wires (both are usually blue off the headunit and can be easily mistaken)

ramminghard
03-10-2003, 10:50 PM
Take it out and bring it to cash converters. They will just hook up the remote and the power and the ground. If it doesn't work then i would have it looked at. If it does then try taking everything out and starting again.

Just ideas.

LUDELVR
03-10-2003, 11:14 PM
just find a power source and stick both the yellow and red wire to it. Just make sure that there is a constant 12V power supply going to both wires. It should turn on, if not, then the deck itself maybe whooped.

sml
03-18-2003, 06:15 PM
some factory external amps require a low signal/voltage input... If it's a factory deck+factory amp combo, then the factory deck's most likely outputing a low power to the amp to be amplified. When you hook up an aftermarket deck (high power) to your factory amp, then your amp is going to clip off because it's gonna try to amplify an already amplified signal since they'd create some nasty distortion. I'd remove the factory amp completely unless it's a high end one... or else you won't be utilizing the full potential of your new aftermarket deck PA.

driz6
03-19-2003, 12:38 AM
I'll try this thanks alot I appreciate it!!!!