PDA

View Full Version : IT Analyst (Multifaceted IT Person)

Ben
02-07-2006, 09:50 AM
Experienced Calgary Homebuilder seeks an IT Analyst specializing in the Administration of a variety of mediums possessing 2 or more years experience.

Taking over my sole position within the IT department, your Daily Duties include technical expertise on both desktop and server mediums, as well as network, web server and general technology office support.

Start Date: ASAP.

Requirements:

- Two years or more relevant experience with Windows 2000, XP and Server 2003 operating systems and Microsoft BackOffice products (Exchange, SQL Server, Terminal Services, etc.)

- Linux Fedora Administration and Apache Web server Administration a large asset.

- BeOS Knowledge an asset.

- Citrix knowledge extremely helpful. (used for remote employees).

- Familiarity of server components including RAID arrays, Rack Mounted Equipment, UPS's and on the network side, gigabit switch administration, and basic wiring.

- General maintenance of both desktop and laptop environments, including software rollouts, imaging/ghosting, antivirus updates, deployments, and repair.

- Network software applications such as imaging, backup, antivirus and management tools.

- Microsoft Desktop software including Office, Outlook, Excel, Power Point etc.

- Networking/hardware firewall procedures and protocol. DNS Management beneficial.

- IT related inventory purchase, authorizing vendor contract agreements.

- Digital Office Telephone knowledge an asset.

- Be able to work well under varying amounts of pressure. As the lone IT person, some days can be extremely busy, other days can be very slack, it all comes down to how well you manage your time, and stay on top of things. Ability to multi-task and stay organized is mandatory.

- A positive attitude towards change and learning new technologies.

Education:

Industry accolades, diplomas, certificates such as MCP, MCSE, CNE, and/or diploma from an appropriate institution. Extra experience can be considered instead.

This is a full time salary position located in a central location with easy access via major arteries. Own vehicle is a requirement, as there is some light travel such as to show homes.

Salary is entirely dependant on experience and qualifications (Experience is weighted far more than education)

Great benefits package including medical, dental, prescriptions, optical, starts after 3 month probation. 2 weeks paid vacation to start.

INSTRUCTIONS

Following the concept of rage2's past job advertisements:

- If you're interested, please email me at ben @ jagerhomes dot com

- Please include in the subject line of your email: Job - IT Analyst

- Include a short paragraph as to why you feel you're right for this job, and what you can bring to the table in return for your salary.

- Ask questions in this thread. DO NOT PM ME ASKING FOR QUESTIONS.

- Failure to follow these simple instructions means you wont get an interview or be considered, let alone be hired. It is important that the candidate be observant and follow instruction well, as this is a vital role to the companies success. This is not a position for someone while going to school currently, as it requires full time commitment, as well as the odd evening and weekend work should something fail/remote users require assistance.

This job is not publicly advertised as of yet.

Thank you and good luck. :thumbsup:

sputnik
02-07-2006, 11:16 AM
BeOS!

Sweet. I used to be part of the BeOS Users Group when I was at the University of Manitoba. Would still love to find a BeBox somewhere.

Are you moving on or looking for a helper?

Ben
02-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Yeah, it's pretty interesting, haha.

I'm moving on bud. Time for a change in scenery.

This roll basically looks after all aspects of the IT infrastructure and operations. It's never boring I'll tell you that much.

If you hear through the grape vine that someone is looking for a roll of this type let em know.

Thanks man.

Ben.

BigBadVlad
02-07-2006, 12:42 PM
I'm considering forwarding a resume for this position. I have not updated my resume in probably 2-3 years, I'm going to work on that soon because I'm considering a "change of scenery" too.

Just a couple questions:

Is there going to be any overlap between yourself and your new hire? If so, how long?

Is it truly a one-man shop? How many users/desktops and servers do you have to support?

Ben
02-07-2006, 01:38 PM
Currently managing approximatly 75 users (a sizable portion is remote and construction staff utilizing email primarily [blackberries] with the odd use of pc's in house), 7 servers. Yes, it is a one man operation.

There will be no overlap as far as I can tell, although have offered help evenings/weekends until the transition has been performed successfully.

Whether they will take advantage of that is up to the company.