PDA

View Full Version : street racing death

GTS Jeff
03-10-2003, 04:13 PM
i hope this sort of thing never happens on beyond

rsx forums (http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?threadid=69260&perpage=25&pagenumber=1)

CRXguy
03-10-2003, 04:18 PM
You'd figure they learn after 6-related deaths.

EDIT: I guess that makes it 7 now.

ninjak84
03-10-2003, 04:21 PM
This stuff always happens.
My parents went to Seattle for 2 weeks last month, and there were 3 people that died during street races in 2 weeks. It happens non-stop down there, but we don't always hear about it.

Ben
03-10-2003, 04:36 PM
that stuff is terrible!

Condolences, condolences!

Phats
03-10-2003, 04:57 PM
that is terrible, you think they would learn after 6 deaths, it is really too bad, it just goes to show that you need to use your head and not street race, it isn't worth it

cocoabrova
03-10-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
i hope this sort of thing never happens on beyond

rsx forums (http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?threadid=69260&perpage=25&pagenumber=1) :werd:It's sad to hear shit like that, but like everyone was saying, you'd think that they'd learn after their circle of friends lost 1 member, let alone 6, to the same scenario..... Hopefully they will change their ways:dunno::banghead:

Fluidic
03-10-2003, 05:15 PM
So sad. :(

hjr
03-10-2003, 06:47 PM
ya, im thinkin that they dont really DESERVE any pity right now. 6 dead, well shit, at least its not 6 bystanders dead. When you roll up to a light and rev the motor and stare a guy down, you know the risks, from speeding/stunting/racing tickets, all the way to getting youself deadalized. When you race, chances are that nothing will happen, either you'll win or lose, but there is still a big risk in doing it. Just cause it isnt likely dosn't mean it cant happen.

Zephyr
03-10-2003, 06:52 PM
where the hell are the police?! usually when there are more than 3 accidents in an area, they will patrol the area during when the accidents occured..... pfft stupid florida police

Glowrider
03-10-2003, 07:00 PM
I spend a lot of time in FL. There's a lot of freeway and a lot of space down in Miami. The races are a cat and mouse game with police, they don't really do much else than just come in and flash the lights. There was a white RSX down there, the guy works at Dynamic Turbo, it's REALLY bad ass, and the guy street races a lot. I wonder if it's the same guy.

rsxrsx
03-10-2003, 07:07 PM
that's truly sad to hear:(

XylathaneGTR
03-10-2003, 07:08 PM
Wow...thats sad shit.
I still dont get why people do that to themselves...Sure, its the thrill of the moment or whatever, but take it to a track...
Its awful to hear a story like this...

hjr
03-10-2003, 07:11 PM
Again, how is it sad. The guy killed himself, not any innocent people. He knew the risks.

XylathaneGTR
03-10-2003, 07:15 PM
Still...He's like, what, no more then 22, and he just fucked his life up.
Its kinda sad to see that happen to someone that could of had so much going for them...

Dr. Evil
03-10-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr
where the hell are the police?!
They are busy giving out tickets for dumb little thing that they consider big issues... like red tail lights that are a little washed out instead of Pantone red #2, technically illegal window tint...

One time I almost got sideswiped on the freeway by a patrol car... I think he was asleep or something. I wish I could say they are all worthless, but every once in a while I come across a wise sage cop & then I just pray that all the rest follow his/her example.

Sorry about the rant...

Zephyr
03-10-2003, 07:20 PM
o well, he took the risk, and now he faces the consequences...

hjr
03-10-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by XylathaneGTR
Still...He's like, what, no more then 22, and he just fucked his life up.
Its kinda sad to see that happen to someone that could of had so much going for them...

what life? its gone, he killed himself. What happened is he Fucked up the lives of his family and friends.

hjr
03-10-2003, 07:31 PM
BTW, in the end its not the Polices job to save people from themselves. If somebody is playing Russian Roulette, ya its illegal and they'll stop em if they can, but nobody blames the police when the fool plays one too many times, they blame him.

Glowrider
03-10-2003, 07:50 PM
Yeah. The guy knew what he was getting into. If you can't handle losing, don't play.

FiveFreshFish
03-10-2003, 08:08 PM
Unfortunately, sometimes it's the passengers that pay the ultimate price for the driver's stupidity.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/111071_crashfolo05.shtml

Glowrider
03-10-2003, 08:16 PM
"All I can say about their speed right now," Kirkland police Lt. Bill Hamilton said, "is what we've been told by witnesses. They said the two of them were rapidly accelerating away from them (when the crash occurred). So that means they were going pretty fast."

Wow...such excellent skills of deduction.

FarmBoy
03-10-2003, 08:47 PM
Street racing is gay...

THREE40SEVEN
03-10-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Glowrider

Wow...such excellent skills of deduction.
so, if you're accelerating, that means you're going fast? yeah....:nut:

Zephyr
03-10-2003, 09:40 PM
wut if u accelerate on reverse? does that mean ur going negative?

a_peep
03-10-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Glowrider
I spend a lot of time in FL. There's a lot of freeway and a lot of space down in Miami. The races are a cat and mouse game with police, they don't really do much else than just come in and flash the lights. There was a white RSX down there, the guy works at Dynamic Turbo, it's REALLY bad ass, and the guy street races a lot. I wonder if it's the same guy.

MuGen PoWeR had a Arctic Blue Pearl RSX-S. So it's not the guy you're thinking of.