PDA

View Full Version : Wireless camera

Kobe
02-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Since the problem at the foothills hospital, with the camera...

I was wondering since we are going to be building a house asap, in an area with no houses around it..

We were wondering if we could buy a wireless camera, to face the house, but also have the camera hidden, uncase something got stolen...

How would a wireless camera work? would it be able to save the movie data onto a disk or hard drive?

where can we buy one...

hash
02-07-2006, 08:37 PM
I think this (http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10052707&catid=10864) might be what you're looking for.

It needs to be within range of a wifi connection (not just any random one... but one that you have access to) and then it can stream it over the internet so you can watch it from anywhere. So, if there's a house across the street, and if you're really friendly with one of your future neighbours, and they have a wifi setup, then it'll work.

Edit: I guess there are no houses around it... build a fake utility pole maybe :D

00CivicSi
02-07-2006, 09:05 PM
Wonder if you can put that in your car??

Kobe
02-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by hash
I think this (http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10052707&catid=10864) might be what you're looking for.

It needs to be within range of a wifi connection (not just any random one... but one that you have access to) and then it can stream it over the internet so you can watch it from anywhere. So, if there's a house across the street, and if you're really friendly with one of your future neighbours, and they have a wifi setup, then it'll work.

Edit: I guess there are no houses around it... build a fake utility pole maybe :D

Sweet, well there is lots, but the 2 lots to the left and right our our land is empty...

Could this be placed somewhere and then viewed 15km away, say from my computer at home...

what exactly is a wifi connection?