PDA

View Full Version : Need help installing a deck into a 02 civic

.civictyper.
02-07-2006, 07:36 PM
i want to put my deck into my 02 civic but im not to sure how to get the stock one out?.. i dont just wanna go in there pulling on shit without knowing wut im doing. If anyone has done this before could you please give me some instructions. thx

Moonracer
02-08-2006, 03:32 PM
Check out 7th gen civic.com (http://www.7thgencivic.com) There are some do it yourselfers there. :thumbsup: I was thinking of doing my own as well.

silvercivicsir
02-08-2006, 05:55 PM
it's easy get a hook pick and pull out the panel by the cig lighter, and then pull out two screws underneath and push the "whole" deck/cage out.. you'll need a dash kit and wire harness..

black_radiation
02-13-2006, 05:02 PM
with an 02 you may have to pull out the center console, pull up the trim around the shifter and there should be 2 phillips screws or else just clips then the whole cig lighter area should pop towards the back seats, not up or sideways DO NOT PULL SIDEWAYS as it will break the tabs at the front. then there is 8mm bolts holding the deck in place and stick ur hands behind and push the whole console out. before you start this process you should have picked up a wiring harness and dash kit from your local best buy or futureshop. after u got ur parts remove the screws holding the brack that holds the stereo in (4) remove the deck and pocket, put ur cage into ur dash kit and throw the bracket that the deck and pocket were mounted into back onto the dash panel so that u can bolt it back into place with the 8mm bolt. once your done that everything should go back together and it shoud look nice and clean, DO NOT use a pick to pull apart the dash as even some of the best installers scratch a dash and nothing looks worse than that lol. if u have any questions just pm me.