PDA

View Full Version : How bad will Tein coils rust up and seize over winter?

88CRX
02-07-2006, 09:12 PM
How bad has your guys Tein coilover rusted up over the winter months? Can they still be used or cleaned come spring time or do the seize up alot?

GTS Jeff
02-07-2006, 10:34 PM
I don't think winter really deposits much more grime than a muddy rainstorm. I have never really cleaned my GCs other than spraying WD40 on them whenever I'm under the car. So far so good, just like Brian Adams in the 90s.

EK 2.0
02-07-2006, 10:38 PM
Meh Ryan, as meticulous as you are with keeping your EP3 clean...you SHOULD be just fine. I mean at ever wash take a few seconds and wash the coilover really well...and you will be fine...I have NO issues with mine whatsoever...I dont do the Dub Dee Fawty like Jeff says...but a good wash in the wheel well everytime Hollie gets a bath...

GTS Jeff
02-07-2006, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
Meh Ryan, as meticulous as you are with keeping your EP3 clean...you SHOULD be just fine. I mean at ever wash take a few seconds and wash the coilover really well...and you will be fine...I have NO issues with mine whatsoever...I dont do the Dub Dee Fawty like Jeff says...but a good wash in the wheel well everytime Hollie gets a bath... You've got too much wheel gap if you can clean your coilovers with a wand-wash. :D

lastprodigy
02-07-2006, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
You've got too much wheel gap if you can clean your coilovers with a wand-wash. :D

:werd: :werd:

1-Bar
02-07-2006, 11:11 PM
mine were alright, but make sure the boots are snug fit still.....that's probably the worst that can happen....btw which teins are you running?? The newer ones come with a 'better coating' which prevents peeling during harsh canadian winters (or so they say).....

88CRX
02-07-2006, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar
mine were alright, but make sure the boots are snug fit still.....that's probably the worst that can happen....btw which teins are you running?? The newer ones come with a 'better coating' which prevents peeling during harsh canadian winters (or so they say).....

I dont have them yet... and since I'm cheap and impatient I'll probably just get the basics :D :dunno: I dont need anything higher end then that.

.civictyper.
02-07-2006, 11:19 PM
if you want tein springs. go to www.tommotorsport.com

they are 145$ us shipped for the tein stechs. :thumbsup:

shadowz
02-07-2006, 11:32 PM
Most of the TEINs destined for the US market such as the Superstreet and Basic have a coating on it to prevent rust, as for seizing due to dirt and such you just need to spray your damper off once and a while and youll be good to go

EK 2.0
02-08-2006, 12:07 AM
You've got too much wheel gap if you can clean your coilovers with a wand-wash. :D

pffft...little do you know I wash on a hoist...haha;)

Zephyr
02-08-2006, 02:31 AM

:werd: Go low or don't go at all.

GTS Jeff
02-08-2006, 10:21 AM
uh oh Arif got CALLED OUT!!! haha

benyl
02-08-2006, 10:31 AM

Hello 4x4.

wait, isn't your EK fwd? why you need so much gap?

:rofl: :rofl:

heavyD
02-08-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr

:werd: Go low or don't go at all.

Come to Calgary and drive on our streets for a while.;)

rc2002
02-08-2006, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
How bad has your guys Tein coilover rusted up over the winter months? Can they still be used or cleaned come spring time or do the seize up alot?

I don't think there's any suspension (that I know of) that doesn't rust eventually - especially for winter drivers. When it's time to replace it, you've probably gotten all of the driving enjoyment out of it that you want anyway.

Just throw it in - no one's going to look closely at your suspension anyway!

EK 2.0
02-08-2006, 09:03 PM
stop making fun of me...haha...