PDA

View Full Version : Who works at a dealer?

Goblin
02-07-2006, 10:01 PM
I ask for this one reason.

I would like my DRL's turned off, I know it can be done (us cars), but as we are in canada the law states we need them. boo.

Ok, drive to montanna? road trip? nope, they see its a canadian car and won't touch it.

So, who here at a dealer wants to take 5 minutes to turn them off. ? :D

lastprodigy
02-07-2006, 10:04 PM
maxboost_R or something does....dont think on the tech side though

maxboost_R
02-07-2006, 10:09 PM
what kinda vehicle

ninspeed
02-07-2006, 10:11 PM
what dealer do you work at maxboost?

EK 2.0
02-07-2006, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by ninspeed
what dealer do you work at maxboost?

KIA City...:bigpimp:

maxboost_R
02-07-2006, 10:27 PM
Calgary BMW

tc3
02-08-2006, 04:52 PM
maxboost_R
Are u able to reset the airbag light too?!?
(on an E39 540)

handsomebassman
02-08-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Goblin
I ask for this one reason.

I would like my DRL's turned off, I know it can be done (us cars), but as we are in canada the law states we need them. boo.

Ok, drive to montanna? road trip? nope, they see its a canadian car and won't touch it.

So, who here at a dealer wants to take 5 minutes to turn them off. ? :D

It would take you literally two minutes to do it by yourself with almost no knowledge.

rc2002
02-08-2006, 05:01 PM
While you're at it, can you swap an M3 engine into my car too?

tc3
02-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
While you're at it, can you swap an M3 engine into my car too?

An M5 engine for me:D LOL

Goblin
02-08-2006, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by handsomebassman

It would take you literally two minutes to do it by yourself with almost no knowledge.

need the 17 thousand dollar computer system, but they are so easy to use I know.

e46.

So back on topic, anyone willing to get this done?

handsomebassman
02-08-2006, 07:02 PM
you are telling me that in order to turn off your daytime running lights you need a 17 thousand dollar computer system? :rofl:

On my 06 civic, it took cost me about $5.67. That being the price for two small switches that i installed about 5 inches from the housings on the wire, so i could choose to have drls on or off. I guess i wasnt informed that you could do it so much more simply with a $17,000 computer system.

2m0a0x2
02-08-2006, 07:05 PM
For E46? Yes. Unless you want to ghetto it and take out your high beams. Which causes errors. Please tell me what's funny. I don't see it.

handsomebassman
02-08-2006, 07:07 PM
well here is some help for you too

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/archive/index.php/t-202477.html

AllGoNoShow
02-08-2006, 07:09 PM
Yes you have to reflash the ECU to shutoff the DRL in BMW's.

The only other option is to grab some wiring diagrams and rewire the DRL's to the highbeams or something so when u turn the high beams on ur DRL's come on.

handsomebassman
02-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
The only other option is to grab some wiring diagrams and rewire the DRL's to the highbeams or something so when u turn the high beams on ur DRL's come on.

I think that is a much better idea:thumbsup:

maxboost_R
02-09-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
Yes you have to reflash the ECU to shutoff the DRL in BMW's.

that is correct, on our diagnostic testers at work, when we get U.S. vehicles we reflash the light control modules for drl's lately we've been getting alot of U.S. x5's that have been coming in complaining about how there check control is telling them that they gotta headlight out cause they did it the ghetto way, using those drl modules you buy from canadian tire or trying to wire it themselves, this ain't your normal honda civic

maxboost_R
02-09-2006, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by tc3
maxboost_R
Are u able to reset the airbag light too?!?
(on an E39 540)

On depending what the fault is, I will be able to clear it, but 99% of the time the light will just come back on unless you fix the problem first

euro_racer
02-09-2006, 10:20 PM
newbee question....why do people turn off their DRL's?

tc3
02-09-2006, 10:25 PM
After I put in a car starter. ('side note' I did it properly too, powered up all the ign, acc wires plus i used a factory bmw key ring, used to work at Audio Concepts)
I had it flashed once, it went away. But then I had killed my alt, battery and starter brain, I boosted the car in -30-40 weather last winter after it had been parked on the driveway for a month, Stupid and expensive (alt) to fix. Then it came back.

maxboost_R
02-09-2006, 10:52 PM
Hmmm it sounds like the car starter isn't the problem, it could be a faulty seatbelt buckle or a faulty airbag control module, vehicle will have to be flashed to find out what the fault is first and then go on from there

tc3
02-09-2006, 11:03 PM
Sounds good, I'll PM u.

2m0a0x2
02-09-2006, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by handsomebassman
well here is some help for you too

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/archive/index.php/t-202477.html

uhhh....duh, anyone can go to the stealership and get it reflashed. BUT.....what's that? The dealerships here won't do it because it's not legal. Otherwise, yes, it's easy! Only E36 can do DRL relays...

Goblin
02-09-2006, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by 2m0a0x2

uhhh....duh, anyone can go to the stealership and get it reflashed. BUT.....what's that? The dealerships here won't do it because it's not legal. Otherwise, yes, it's easy! Only E36 can do DRL relays...

I thought handsombassman was a decent guy, guess not.

Didnt read my first post did you buddy? I said its illegal in canada, so I need a backwerds way of doing it.

2) Why do i want it? Simple, angle eyes look like shit with the DRL's on.

Like you said earlier, this aint a honda civic, no ghetto mods can be done here.

allgonoshow, that means when I have my switch turned off my high beams are on, flick it forward they dim. Thats no good either.

3) Dont want to unplug light bulbs, need high beams. My car does not support bi-xenon, nor do any other bmws untill 02 +. I do so much night time driving (live in the country, no street lights) I need them.

So, maxboost, can you get her done ?? please?

:angel: