PDA

View Full Version : Call Of Duty 2 XBOX 360

thordin
02-08-2006, 12:24 AM
Hello I'm having this problem with Call of Duty 2. I've progressed through the game up to the point where I'm at The Batle of El Alamein. I've completed three missions so far. When the xbox loads the 4th mission the bar gets to 100% but it doesn't take me into the game itself. It then freezes and says "Loading...."

Does anybody else had that problem? I'm frustrated cuz I can't continue playing the game.

Shrad
02-08-2006, 01:59 AM
Trick Question: CoD 2 sucks! For any platform!

heavyD
02-08-2006, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Shrad
Trick Question: CoD 2 sucks! For any platform!

Trick Question: You are an idiot. :thumbsup:

heavyD
02-08-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by thordin
Hello I'm having this problem with Call of Duty 2. I've progressed through the game up to the point where I'm at The Batle of El Alamein. I've completed three missions so far. When the xbox loads the 4th mission the bar gets to 100% but it doesn't take me into the game itself. It then freezes and says "Loading...."

Does anybody else had that problem? I'm frustrated cuz I can't continue playing the game.

Seriously though. There are supposedly some issues with COD2. I finished the game on 360 with no problems but some people have apparently. When it happens you are supposed to eject the disc, turn off your 360. Turn it back on and let it log into Xbox live (if you are connected), then re-insert.

thordin
02-08-2006, 03:52 PM
thanks dude!!!!! whats ur online alias? i'm smooth operat0r

bspot
02-08-2006, 05:57 PM
What he said, the first time I signed in with COD2 in it grabbed a bunch of updates, no problems here. GREAT game!

ZEDGE
02-08-2006, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by bspot
What he said, the first time I signed in with COD2 in it grabbed a bunch of updates, no problems here. GREAT game!

What he said, there is a patch available for the game.

Shrad
02-08-2006, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Trick Question: You are an idiot. :thumbsup:
I'm entitled to my own opinion. :thumbsdow

heavyD
02-08-2006, 11:39 PM

Your opinion didn't have anything to do with the topic.:closed:

thordin
02-09-2006, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by ZEDGE

What he said, there is a patch available for the game.

there is patches? I've signed in few times haven't gotten anthing to download updates???

ZEDGE
02-09-2006, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by thordin

there is patches? I've signed in few times haven't gotten anthing to download updates???

hmm I am sure there was a patch released for cod2..

*edit..

sorry i was confused with the dash board update.. howeve there is a patch coming for cod2 which is also rumored to address the lag in multiplayer and up the players to 16 among other things.

thordin
02-09-2006, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by ZEDGE

hmm I am sure there was a patch released for cod2..

for xbox 360?

awd
02-09-2006, 01:19 PM

Not if your opinion is retarded.

GameSpot 8.8 out of 10 88.0%
Gamespy 4.5 out of 5 90.0%
IGN 9 out of 10 90.0%
GamePro 5 out of 5 100.0%
Electronic Gaming Monthly 8.83 out of 10 88.3%
Official Xbox Magazine 9 out of 10 90.0%
Game Informer 9.75 out of 10 97.5%
Game Zone 9.2 out of 10 92.0%
Worth Playing 9.2 out of 10 92.0%
Gaming Age A- 90.0%

The game is great on PC and even better on the 360.

Shrad
02-10-2006, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by awd

Not if your opinion is retarded.

GameSpot 8.8 out of 10 88.0%
Gamespy 4.5 out of 5 90.0%
IGN 9 out of 10 90.0%
GamePro 5 out of 5 100.0%
Electronic Gaming Monthly 8.83 out of 10 88.3%
Official Xbox Magazine 9 out of 10 90.0%
Game Informer 9.75 out of 10 97.5%
Game Zone 9.2 out of 10 92.0%
Worth Playing 9.2 out of 10 92.0%
Gaming Age A- 90.0%

Yes, you do realize 90% of those 'reviews', the companies buy advertising space on their sites? And if they don't review enough of their games, or they give bad reviews, they pull the money. This is also true in many, many gaming magazines.

Tell me, what's so good about CoD2? The weapon realism? No.
The graphics? They were decent, but it can't save the game.
Story? Uh, hell no, I feel like I've played this game 14 times! It's like every other WWII FPS out there
Fucking up Nazi's? yeah that's fun, but it's the 9th game in the last two years to feature this

And the game claims it's "non-linear". What a load of bullshit. What are you going to say? About those parts I can capture buildings in any order? Wow. That COMPLETELY makes for a whole new game. This time I'll do A, C, D, B, E! And then next time I'll do A, C, D, E, B! OMG! I'll play the game once for every combination!

The ALSO claim "you never fight alone!" "uber squad based gameplay! OMG!" Yet, time after time, you are the only one who can get things done. It's basically you, vs the entire German fucking Wehrmarcht in a single map. Where do they find so many Goddamn people? Was Germany THAT large? And why do your teammates suck so badly?

Honestly, how many maps do you end up personally killing over 100 guys? Nearly all of them. "There's a platoon of Germans over there!". Yeah, okay, many maps simply spawn people repeatedly, you can stay in a spot for hours, shooting an unlimited supply of Germans.

The most ridiculous example of what I said above is in Call of Duty 1, you're a russian storming the apartment building, you have to clear it from the ground up, and there are anti-tank guns inside (that somehow can punch through the armor of a Panzer IV). The Germans, being the BRILLIANT tacticians they are, blindly ZERG the stairways. To prove a point, I played that single level for over 2 hours once. I maxed out the allowable corpse count on a single stairway. They were literrally piled on and around a stairwell. And more were coming. I probably killed over 1000 Germans singlehandedly. If they gave medals for kills, they would've had to pin Stalin's head on my jacket. And they came again. Ever more. I guess blowing up the tanks blows up the German cloning machines too.

The AI also isn't smart, it's simply SCRIPTED. I've seen AI do the most retarded things, like throwing a grenade, and hitting yuor friend with it. And it bounces back. To kill himself. I've seen them take cover in FRONT of objects. Good job, you dumbass.

They have little "hide here" flags in certain spots. All the bot has to do is go from point A to point B, and follow the flag command to duck, shoot, grenade, whatever. If Bot3 is under fire, he is scripted to either run in one direction, or the other. Or just hide.

CoD2 is CoD1. With an engine overhaul. They even recycled characters (good and bad, I suppose).

The game is worse on 360. It looks a little worse, and you can't lean (or so they say). Not to mention you're using a controller instead of keyboard and mouse.

The CoD series is terribly linear. Once you finish the game once, it's basically all been done. I passed it once, and barely got past half way point the second time around. I was just disgusted with the game.
CoD3 will be one long hallway, with German cardboard figures popping out like a carnival game, as you walk foward and shoot, with different lines on the ground representing your progress (|----------| <-Caretan)

There's more. The game is mediocre, those 90% ratings are a load of bullshit, a shiny paperclip could impress those retards.

Hollywood
02-12-2006, 02:42 PM
COD>shad

shad=idot.

DJ Lazy
02-12-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood
COD&gt;shad

shad=idot.

You mean Shrad right? ;)

DJ Lazy
02-12-2006, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by awd

I am gonna guess you are a Console fan over a PC fan.. LOL... I can't stand FPS on consoles, the controls drive me insane.. Gotta have Mouse and keyboard.. :D

COD2 kicked ass on PC IMO.. But I have enjoyed all the WW2 games on PC mostly so I am somewhat bias..:devil:

Dope Dealer
02-12-2006, 07:11 PM

Yes, you do realize 90% of those 'reviews', the companies buy advertising space on their sites? And if they don't review enough of their games, or they give bad reviews, they pull the money. This is also true in many, many gaming magazines.

Uhhh, no... I've worked for IGN/GameSpy for over six years and that isnt the case...

Shrad
02-13-2006, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Hollywood
COD&gt;shad

shad=idot.
Of 4 words in this entire post, you spelt 3 of them wrong. Congratulations.

Regardless Dope Dealer, CoD2 was really a re-hash of CoD1. It's identical to the MoH series, really the only game that has shown any real innovation has been Brothers In Arms.

Dope Dealer
02-13-2006, 01:21 AM
I have both games on my desk but have never played eithier so I have no real opinion hahaa

Shrad
02-14-2006, 09:15 PM
Save yourself the trouble, sell the games.