PDA

View Full Version : White Colorado Ghost Car, interesting tactic

iblizzard
02-08-2006, 02:10 AM
So I know we've all heard about the white colorado truck that usually drives up and down deerfoot snagging speeders. Well I was driving north on Nose Hill Drive tonight, and came to a stop at the lights at Crowchild Trail. I notice I'm right beside this white truck and the driver has his laser radar out and is aiming it west down crowchild... while stopped at the light!! So I rolled down my window and asked the guy
"You actually get people when you stop at lights?"
"Of course! Why not?"
"Wow, that's tricky!"
He smiles and nods a little bit then aims the gun down crowchild again at some car coming towards the intersection... then looks at me and says
"Only 68... must be slowing down already"
Then the light turns green and he drives off.

Wow. I knew about this truck and how sneaky the cops are getting with their ghost cars... but this was shocking! radar gun in his lap and he just tags people when he stops at a light... impressive.

+1 for CPS.

GQBalla
02-08-2006, 03:01 AM
lol well why not?

speeding is speeding!!!

7thgenvic
02-08-2006, 03:07 AM
the officer let my mother off a 35 over ticket on memorial last week! it was a very nice thing for him to do...

eb0i
02-08-2006, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
the officer let my mother off a 35 over ticket on memorial last week! it was a very nice thing for him to do...

you're mom must be hot then :D

toyboy88
02-08-2006, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by eb0i

you're mom must be hot then :D

MILF:poosie: haha jk

...but ya why not if they are just stopped at lights anywayz (espicially longer stop lights), i don't see why they shouldn't be doing that to stop speeders :)

EnRich
02-08-2006, 09:53 AM
Thats why I have laser jammers my friends.... sneaky bastard...

l8braker
02-08-2006, 09:57 AM
He's always parked on 7th & McLeod at Rocky Mountain during lunchtime. Lic# UFA-124, incase anyone is behind or beside him :)

Nissanaddict
02-08-2006, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by EnRich

Cuz those are legal. :rolleyes:

EnRich
02-08-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Nissanaddict

Hey... I'm only playing the same game they are...

2002civic
02-08-2006, 10:41 AM
theyre doing their legal job and your using an illegal piece of equiptment.....

yohan4ws
02-08-2006, 10:50 AM
i was driving home after a few beers the other night excessively fast, all of a sudden a marked SUV cop car was behind me.. pulled me over..

after consistently admitting i had not been drinking (it was 3amon friday night) he asked me to slow it down and sent me on my way without a ticket.

+2 CPS :thumbsup:

A790
02-08-2006, 10:52 AM
I was cruising down deerfoot lsat night, doign about 120 in the middle lane. This SUV passes me on the right at about 130 and I don't think anything of it. He gets ahead, I maintain my speed... next thing I know, his rear end is lit up.

I nearly shit myself, and he just speeds off...

how fucked. I mean, thanks for not giving me a ticket, but fucked just the same.

rc2002
02-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by 2002civic

Laser jammers are attractive. I would much rather shell out a few hundred dollars for one of those, than for speeding tickets and for insurance increases.

Sorath
02-08-2006, 10:57 AM
recently the cops have a bigger quota to reach in calgary

thats why so much photo radar equipment is out

Nissanaddict
02-08-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

Laser jammers are attractive. I would much rather shell out a few hundred dollars for one of those, than for speeding tickets and for insurance increases.

When you get it, be sure to post pictures on the board, I wanna see how attractive they are. I'm sure the cops on this board wouldn't mind seeing it too.

QuasarCav
02-08-2006, 11:21 AM
I love fat girls in sweaters.

+3 for the CPS.

rc2002
02-08-2006, 11:25 AM

When you get it, be sure to post pictures on the board, I wanna see how attractive they are. I'm sure the cops on this board wouldn't mind seeing it too.

I'm not THAT stupid. Thanks for coming out though.

SilverBoost
02-08-2006, 11:29 AM
It's amazng how many resouces and man hours that can be dedicated to something thats nothing more than a money grab. I'd like to see the statistics on how giving people fines of 10km/h over the posted speed limit on major roads is actually a) keeping the roads safer b) reducing accidents c) helping maintain good flow of traffic in a city where the population is outgrowing the road system at an exponential rate.

In fact, I'd put my money on that all of these petty little speed traps is doing nothing more than contributing to all of the above. People don't even understand the concept of a fast/passing lane here, or how to merge, or use a turn signal, etc, etc, etc. How about starting there? :dunno:

Guess because those would require too much work and wouldn't be nearly as profitable. To all those cops that spend their day handing out speeding ticket after speeding ticket, I bet you can't wait to get up every morning and live the dream. Thanks, our streets are completely free of idiots who shouldn't be allowed behind the wheel of a motor vehicle. Oh wait, they're not, sorry. In fact I think there's actually a preponderance of them here. Maybe because they know they can drive like complete bafoons as long as it's not 10kms over the limit.

I should add, just so that people don't think I have a complete hate-on for cops. that even my own father was a cop, and I think there are many good cops in the CPS and that they do amazing things in many different areas. BUT the way this city handles traffic is the most ass-backward methodology I've ever been witness to. And when I am pulled over for 10kms over a posted speed limit, you can cut the robocop attitude... it's not like I ran over your dog or something.

dericer
02-08-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by SilverBoost
It's amazng how many resouces and man hours that can be dedicated to something thats nothing more than a money grab. I'd like to see the statistics on how giving people fines of 10km/h over the posted speed limit on major roads is actually a) keeping the roads safer b) reducing accidents c) helping maintain good flow of traffic in a city where the population is outgrowing the road system at an exponential rate.

In fact, I'd put my money on that all of these petty little speed traps is doing nothing more than contributing to all of the above. People don't even understand the concept of a fast/passing lane here, or how to merge, or use a turn signal, etc, etc, etc. How about starting there? :dunno:

Guess because those would require too much work and wouldn't be nearly as profitable. To all those cops that spend their day handing out speeding ticket after speeding ticket, I bet you can't wait to get up every morning and live the dream. Thanks, our streets are completely free of idiots who shouldn't be allowed behind the wheel of a motor vehicle. Oh wait, they're not, sorry. In fact I think there's actually a preponderance of them here. Maybe because they know they can drive like complete bafoons as long as it's not 10kms over the limit.

I should add, just so that people don't think I have a complete hate-on for cops. that even my own father was a cop, and I think there are many good cops in the CPS and that they do amazing things in many different areas. BUT the way this city handles traffic is the most ass-backward methodology I've ever been witness to. And when I am pulled over for 10kms over a posted speed limit, you can cut the robocop attitude... it's not like I ran over your dog or something.

So where do you draw the line at acceptable speeding.

Unfortunalty not everyone is as an amazing driver like you :rolleyes: . And 10 over is more than enough to illistrate their bad driving techniques.

TurboZombie
02-08-2006, 11:55 AM

Laser jammers are not illegal, only radar jammers. The fcc does not regulate the lidar that the police use.:thumbsup:

yohan4ws
02-08-2006, 12:59 PM
SilverBoost,

Ever get a speeding ticket? (I'm assuming yes since you've got such a hate on for speeding tickets)

Notice how when you go back past that same area you got the ticket you slow down and are more cautious as not to get ticketed again?

Notice how hot photo radar spots, for the length of area they usually setup traffic slows down 'just in case'

Picture your family just had a new baby, or has a toddler/young child that walks on the sidewalk either for leisure or to get in/out of your car yet you see vehicles speed regularly through a residential zone and you feel unsafe because of the lack of caution if your kid steps on the road, or slips on ice and falls into the path of what would be traffice.

Residents of areas prone to high speed call the police and lodge a complaint, at which point an officer / photo radar vehicle will be assigned to monitor the area and ticket speeders, hence slowing traffic down since for the most part, Calgarians aren't disciplined enough to do the speed limit.

Another example, ever try to merge on deerfoot trail when you're doing 110 ad the person in the lane right of you goes flying by at 140 to weave traffic and makes you miss an exit ? If everybody was doing the same speed limit, it helps regulate traffic... now let's say you didn't see the person flying by on your right ... now you have an accident of a person doing 140 who will most certainly flip the car at that speed ... could result in death.

These are examples of an effective way cops can control traffic by ticketing,.

This issue gets beat to shit every time there is a thread like this ... its just common sense.

If there were no consequence, nobody would obey the speeding regulations. As such, cops being active in giving tickets keeps people well aware that they could at any time be busted for any amount of speed over the maximum limit.

am I right?

tickets == slowing traffic down....

handsomebassman
02-08-2006, 01:05 PM
meh, they are all just doing there jobs.

Ive had plently of nice cops let me off easy, and figure that its just the really bad experiences we remember. Speeding is speeding, and its helping save the fate of your loved ones on our roads. Maybe 10 km/h over deerfoot isnt a big deal, but sometimes it can make the difference between braking 10 feet infront of a pedestrian, or 10 feet after.

But yea i never knew they even were allowed to radar people as he/she is at a stop light! Impressively sneaky.

SilverBoost
02-08-2006, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by dericer

So where do you draw the line at acceptable speeding.

Unfortunalty not everyone is as an amazing driver like you :rolleyes: . And 10 over is more than enough to illistrate their bad driving techniques.

Uhm ok. Write something when you can understand what I wrote. The people I talk about are doing 10 under most times and cutting people off, and not signalling and not stopping for stop signs, can't merge correctly and so on and so on.

SilverBoost
02-08-2006, 02:01 PM
You guys are missing my point totally.... when is a kid ever going to wander out onto Mcleod trail where 10km over is going to make a difference? And I NEVER see radar traps in my area where people regulary do 80+kph down through back streets (in front of my house) to avoid heavy traffic areas like 16th ave for instance. You're more likely to see speeding result in an accident there than you are by someone going 10-15 over on the deerfoot. Yet I see no speedtraps... no, I see them in areas where police will be guaranteed a fine, not where it will better control traffic.

I really love too how all photo radar does is make people slam on their brakes every time they see a van on the side of the road. Excellent traffic control.

If you guys can't see that calgary is doing a terrible job at regulating traffic then you're not seeing the big picture. Speeding is such a small part of the problem here in Calgary, and maybe it needs to start at the education and licensing level to get better drivers out there, but the point I'm getting at, and the one I made in my last post, is that for all the police pressence I see, I see no improvement in the ability for people here to have a clue on how driving and road etiquette works.

I believe I already said I didn't have a hate-on for cops or how for the most part they do their job. It's the shitty methods they are using to police the traffic that has me pissed.

And for the record I've only got 2 speeding tickets in 16 years of driving. One of those being 10 over on mcleod and the other 4 years ago for 15 over on a highway.... pretty insignificant if you ask me. But these are the types of fines that are fillign the coffers not making the roads safer - for the most part. I will fully agree that in residential areas and such 10kph makes that much more difference. On a 3 lane highway, not much.

Anyways....

BlueGoblin
02-08-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by TurboZombie
Laser jammers are not illegal, only radar jammers. The fcc does not regulate the lidar that the police use.:thumbsup:

There is no FCC in Canada. A division of Industry Canada called
Spectrum Management and Telecommunications deals with the regulation of devices that emit EM, and (I presume) laser.

Laser jammers are legal only so long as they are entirely passive. Radar jammers are not.

teggypimp95
02-08-2006, 02:08 PM
how do these radar and jammers work? and wont the cop realize u have one when his gun is not working? wouldent you get pulled over anyway?

bspot
02-08-2006, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by yohan4ws
SilverBoost,

Ever get a speeding ticket? (I'm assuming yes since you've got such a hate on for speeding tickets)

Notice how when you go back past that same area you got the ticket you slow down and are more cautious as not to get ticketed again?

Notice how hot photo radar spots, for the length of area they usually setup traffic slows down 'just in case'

Picture your family just had a new baby, or has a toddler/young child that walks on the sidewalk either for leisure or to get in/out of your car yet you see vehicles speed regularly through a residential zone and you feel unsafe because of the lack of caution if your kid steps on the road, or slips on ice and falls into the path of what would be traffice.

Residents of areas prone to high speed call the police and lodge a complaint, at which point an officer / photo radar vehicle will be assigned to monitor the area and ticket speeders, hence slowing traffic down since for the most part, Calgarians aren't disciplined enough to do the speed limit.

Another example, ever try to merge on deerfoot trail when you're doing 110 ad the person in the lane right of you goes flying by at 140 to weave traffic and makes you miss an exit ? If everybody was doing the same speed limit, it helps regulate traffic... now let's say you didn't see the person flying by on your right ... now you have an accident of a person doing 140 who will most certainly flip the car at that speed ... could result in death.

These are examples of an effective way cops can control traffic by ticketing,.

This issue gets beat to shit every time there is a thread like this ... its just common sense.

If there were no consequence, nobody would obey the speeding regulations. As such, cops being active in giving tickets keeps people well aware that they could at any time be busted for any amount of speed over the maximum limit.

am I right?

tickets == slowing traffic down....

:clap: Hooray for Yohan!! :clap:

I speed sometimes, I know its bad, but I am very conscous of making sure I'm not flying by merge lanes or blocking people. I'm not saying its therefor okay for me to speed...

When I do get caught though, and I pay my fine, I know that money is going to help me if anyone tries to rob my house, murder a family member, etc etc so I don't feel too bad about it.

Either we pay more taxes to support the police, or let the dumbasses who can't figure out speed limit signs pay the tax for everyone (like me). :)

fast95pony
02-08-2006, 02:29 PM
If the CPS need to meet their quota,they should spend more time on Country Hills Blvd. I'm constantly seeing kids in mommy's Bimmer or Lexus' flying along that road.It would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

EnRich
02-08-2006, 02:47 PM
My laser jammers are installed around the car. Theres 2 in the front, 1 in the rear, which I have complete control over inside, I can shut them off when I'm hit with a laser, or they can keep jamming the signal. Just so you know, when cops use laser, their signal bounces off your car and back to the laser, these things stop the bouncing from occuring. Meanwhile inside, I'm being told how many times I'm being hit, where I'm being hit from, and if the signals are being jammed... I usually get a weird look when I pass the guys with the guns. Its quite funny actually... Never had a ticket since ;) I'll buy another set if I ever give up my car.

teggypimp95
02-08-2006, 02:51 PM
wow sounds like a good deal. so cops use lazar not radar or what? how much did that set up cost you? so basicall ur immune to speeding tickets?

handsomebassman
02-08-2006, 02:53 PM
I always thought we were a tad more modern, and ditched the lasers for KA band radar..:confused: :dunno:

teggypimp95
02-08-2006, 02:54 PM
Yeah thats what i thought. cuz when i go through a speed trap my decetor screams ka band

bspot
02-08-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by handsomebassman
I always thought we were a tad more modern, and ditched the lasers for KA band radar..:confused: :dunno:

I'm pretty sure you've got that backwards. I think Laser is prefered because it is undectable due to its instant on nature, (unless you are lucky enough to get scatter). Also, in heavy traffic individual cars are easily picked out.

yohan4ws
02-08-2006, 03:12 PM
cops w/ gun = Laser. I am not sure, but think they are not allowed to use them on highway. However, they can use Radar .. which is how they track you when driving on the other side of the road.

Silverboost, you do have some good points ... there are finer sides to their speed control, but yeah .. residential areas like 16 ave in the SW between 37 and 45 street gets used frequently by me to bypass traffic lights etc. on 17Ave...

A stop sign would be cheaper and more effective...

yes, I too agree there's a serious lack of driver education here.

handsomebassman
02-08-2006, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by bspot

I'm pretty sure you've got that backwards. I think Laser is prefered because it is undectable due to its instant on nature, (unless you are lucky enough to get scatter). Also, in heavy traffic individual cars are easily picked out.

Yea, i guess that makes sence:burnout:

iblizzard
02-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Ah, the same old thread as we've seen before...

I have absolutely no problem with cops handing out 10km/hr over tickets... I agree that I think there are better ways to help improve driving out there, but this is cheap, it's profitable, and it slows people down in general.

Yes, not signaling, not paying attention to signs (merge, yield, exits, etc), and the like are much worse problems, but how do you control that? It's not easy.

I would all for a retesting program... everytime you renew your license, you have to take a drivers test. Pretty much the same thing as a learners, on the computer, but more difficult. More questions, and harder questions... if you pass, you renew your license, if you fail you have to pay to take an in car test before you can renew your license. That way the costs are low, taxpayers aren't shelling out a lot. The computerized testing is very easy and cheap, and when a driver fails.. HE/SHE is the one paying to take the in car test.

And as an addon to that, once you hit a certain age (60, or 65, whatever), you are required to take the test every year. Seniors in general have slower reactions and are less attentive drivers.. this would help with that as well.

Laser/Radar jammers... even detectors... why? Just don't speed. Why spend the money on those devices when speeding tickets are a preventable cost?

yohan4ws
02-08-2006, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by iblizzard
Laser/Radar jammers... even detectors... why? Just don't speed. ?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

handsomebassman
02-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Laser/Radar jammers... even detectors... why? Just don't speed.

Meh, some people cant comprehend the "Just dont speed" bit.

Ive started to enjoy just settin the cruise control at 100, and just enjoying the drive to wherever im goin. :D

A790
02-08-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by handsomebassman

Meh, some people cant comprehend the "Just dont speed" bit.

Ive started to enjoy just settin the cruise control at 100, and just enjoying the drive to wherever im goin. :D

I don't have cruise... just a foot. Sometimes, that foot gets heavy. I apologise :dunno:

Jynx
02-08-2006, 06:50 PM
My laser jammers are installed around the car. Theres 2 in the front, 1 in the rear, which I have complete control over inside, I can shut them off when I'm hit with a laser, or they can keep jamming the signal. Just so you know, when cops use laser, their signal bounces off your car and back to the laser, these things stop the bouncing from occuring. Meanwhile inside, I'm being told how many times I'm being hit, where I'm being hit from, and if the signals are being jammed... I usually get a weird look when I pass the guys with the guns. Its quite funny actually... Never had a ticket since ;) I'll buy another set if I ever give up my car.

Could you explain exxactly how this works and how one would go about gettin this installed in there car?

What are the costs?

Thanks

Ray.

SilverBoost
02-08-2006, 07:22 PM
**I need to state that I'm only making these posts to better get an understanding of what the priorities are here when it comes to traffic violations. I do not, repeat do not, have some vendetta to hack on the police work here or any cop in particular. I know it's part of the job. This is only a forum for discussion and I'm just throwing thing out there to discuss. Some of it is because I really do see some issues, other stuff just comes from setting me off and I throw shit out there that maybe didn't have the right thoughts behind it. Either way, it's all good. I just liek seeing what the opinion of the masses is.

that said, I'd take a driving test every single year as part of a renewel process if it meant getting 25% of the tards off the road.

I mean watching the carnage after a few centimeters of snow hits the ground is enough proof that there are a lot of people here in desperate need of further driving education.

that is all.

EnRich
02-09-2006, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Jynx

Could you explain exxactly how this works and how one would go about gettin this installed in there car?

What are the costs?

Thanks

Ray.

lol, I told ya how it works... It stops the laser from going back to the gun, therefor the cop gets a no signal on his gun, heh, I know cause I've personally tested it on my own car with a gun... Goto Audio Concepts on 32nd Ave... The system is called the Z3 Shifter laser jammer. Probably around a 1000 bucks installed

ZedMan
02-09-2006, 10:57 AM
Just as an FYI, it isn't a good idea to leave your laser jammer on as you buzz by the cops. The best (least likely to get a ticket for any reason) method of using a laser jammer is; as soon as you get hit, slow down. Once you are under the legal limit, turn off your laser jammer. The cop will then get a reading off you (going the legal limit) and (hopefully) attribute the weird readings produced by the laser jammer as a user/equipment error.

B20EF
02-09-2006, 11:42 AM
**I need to state that I'm only making these posts to better get an understanding of what the priorities are here when it comes to traffic violations. I do not, repeat do not, have some vendetta to hack on the police work here or any cop in particular. I know it's part of the job. This is only a forum for discussion and I'm just throwing thing out there to discuss. Some of it is because I really do see some issues, other stuff just comes from setting me off and I throw shit out there that maybe didn't have the right thoughts behind it. Either way, it's all good. I just liek seeing what the opinion of the masses is.

that said, I'd take a driving test every single year as part of a renewel process if it meant getting 25% of the tards off the road.

I mean watching the carnage after a few centimeters of snow hits the ground is enough proof that there are a lot of people here in desperate need of further driving education.

that is all.

You must be from the East. Everyone who comes out here from Toronto area says the exact same thing "this city has the worst drivers in Canada", I say it too.

Stopping at the beginning of merge lanes, or going 10km/hr trying to merge with the blinker on stopping traffic, driving slow in the far left lane, driving fast in the far right lane.

People in this city are taught wrong and have no idea that if they were taught right from the beginning, they're would be less accidents. It's honestly not as dangerous to have people drive 140 Deerfoot properly rather than the way we do here.

Aleks
02-09-2006, 12:10 PM
Put Canada's driving population in Europe and MAYBE 50% would get their licenses over there.

cloud7
02-09-2006, 03:13 PM

Ya, ever since Alberta has been booming, we have been getting more and more people from Vancouver... who really doesn't know how to drive in the snow. jk

On a serious note, the enforcement methods employed by the police are questionable depending on who you ask. Personally I don't care what kind of method they use for enforcement as long as it can be proofed that it improves safety. Otherwise, it is just a cash cow. If they are just catching speeders for the sake of catching speeders and not looking at the big picture, then let us know and not pretend that they are contributing to safer streets.

rc2002
02-09-2006, 03:25 PM
I spotted the Colorado ghost car atop Center Street bridge last night. The people coming down the hill were flashing their high beams something awful.

+1 for those guys. :)

JCX
02-10-2006, 12:01 PM
Although I agree photo radar and the like is mainly a cash cow, you're still breaking the damned law.

For better or worse I pretty much exclusively drive 8-10KM/H over. The only tickets I've ever gotten were on the highway in Manitoba and one photo radar ticket. Both of those times I was doing like 20 KM/H over. From this experience I've gathered that to avoid tickets one need not drive slow, one needs to pay attention and not drive like a retarded maniac. It's really not that difficult. Seriously.

BTW, to the Secret Agent wannabes with the jammers. About all you're doing is making auto enthusiasts look like idiots.

:drama: :goflames: :whocares:

Rollin'
02-10-2006, 01:16 PM
of course you are, since breaking the law and enforcing it are pretty much the same thing :rolleyes:

SilverBoost
02-10-2006, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
Put Canada's driving population in Europe and MAYBE 50% would get their licenses over there.

yeah, you see what it takes to get your license in Germany? It's crazy. And I'd buy into that method in a heartbeat.

I just think it's way to easy to get a licence to drive. It's amazing how the general public never seems too worried about handing the keys over to a 16 year old after they've taken a quick multiple choice test and ran the car around the block a few times.

In Germany it's actually driving education.... classes of nothign but rules and thoery, not to mention the hours of driving exams.

Their accident rate is 60% lower than North America. That's no coincedence.

Hollywood
02-10-2006, 02:08 PM

Nice work. Stick it to the man!

Ur a tea bag.

WERD.

Tea bag #2

WERD.

Tea Bag #3.

I'm not THAT stupid. Thanks for coming out though.

WERD. What a bunch of churchies....My mommy says that's bad.

Originally posted by TurboZombie

Sweet! Pwned the tea bags!!

Originally posted by BlueGoblin
There is no FCC in Canada. A division of Industry Canada called Spectrum Management and Telecommunications deals with the regulation of devices that emit EM, and (I presume) laser.

Laser jammers are legal only so long as they are entirely passive. Radar jammers are not.

Double sweet. Tea bags not doing so well here.

Originally posted by Rollin'
of course you are, since breaking the law and enforcing it are pretty much the same thing :rolleyes:

Tea Bag #4.

Laws are invented to "guide" our individual ideals and functionality in society. They are technically allowed to be broken, you just have to suffer the consequences if u get caught. Sooo many churchies on beyond these days.

Welcome to reality TEA BAGS!!!

:banghead: :banghead:

iblizzard
02-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Hollywood is the most intelligent person ever!

Lets all just break the law and hope we don't get caught.

Hollywood
02-10-2006, 02:33 PM
Hollywood is the most intelligent person ever!

You said it!!

Lets all just break the law and hope we don't get caught.

I never imposed on anyone to break the law, you are ignorant for not undstanding what I said previously.

This the whole thing that ur missing. People can make the choice to break the law if they want to, or dont want to.....

alloroc
02-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Wow a thousand dollars for one of those things!??!

Lets see I get maybe one speeding ticket every 2-3 years, lets make thim big tickets - and lets assume I don't win fighting any of them in court .. $250 each.

($1000/$250 X 2.5(years per ticket)) = 10 years.

I would have to own my car and the lazer jammer within it for 10 long years to have the thing pay for itself. Now if I happen to get a new car and change the equipment from one car to another, add another $350 for removal and install, that makes it at least 12 years.

It seems to me that it is more economical to just pay the ticket.