PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for a review section

GC84ever
02-08-2006, 05:54 PM
I think it would be great if beyond had a review section. Since there are always people asking: "how is this shop?", "where can I get tires?", "who does good painting?" etc...

Since I'm sure most members here belong to multiple car forums (even though beyond is the greatest) and can look up specific info on their respective cars like: tires, suspension, aftermarket parts, engines, etc, etc...

So I was thinking we can limit the beyond review section to topics related to the Alberta car enthusiasts (since most members are Albertan).
Here are some ideas of what we can include:

Car Dealership Reviews
Aftermarket shop Reviews
Cosmetic/body shop Reviews
Mechanical shop Reviews
Installer Reviews
Tire Shop Reviews
and I'm sure there are a few I'm missing

This way they can all be organized in it's own section.
Members would be able to find info more efficiently with out searching the entire site and voice their opinions.
And it'll enable vendors and sponsors to hear and respond to what their customers compliments and problems with their service/products.

arian_ma
02-08-2006, 08:44 PM
That's actually a good idea, except who would do the reviews?
How would we know people are credible?

GC84ever
02-08-2006, 10:01 PM
beyond members would make the reviews.

For example, I just had some body work done on my car; hail and dent damage.
I would start a thread in the approriate review section.
Title the thread which shop I went to.
End in the thread I would give my opinion.

Below is what I would say for DNT Dent repair.

Title:
DNT Dent Repair

Thread:
I finally decided to take my car in for hail and dent repair to DNT. When I got there to pick it up I was just floored by how good it looked. The car was flawless; and I own a black car so it shows everything. Dave that works there did unbelieveable work, he's a great guy, and he's very accommedating. Got some dents, you gotta visit Dave at DNT.

As to address the credibility.

Well I would hope people would only give their opinions about a particle shop if they had first hand experience with that particle shop. Because otherwise it'll be just like in high school; so and so said this, but he said that, but a my friend's buddy said this. and then the thread becomes useless and full of misinformation.

I have to confess I sort of was inspired form another website. On NASIOC.com (http://www.nasioc.com) they have a review section (click here (http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)). Where they have a national and international reviews of dealership, Vendors of subaru parts, and a section for specific parts.
But for Beyond I think it'll be best to keep the topics to local shop.

arian_ma
02-08-2006, 11:47 PM
Seems well thought out and managable.
Let's see what happens.

PS can you PM me with some info as to the extent of your damage and how much it cost to fix?

I am looking to get a few dents fixed myself.

soupey
02-10-2006, 07:52 AM
i doubt this would happen that easily, for 2 reasons, 1) there wont be enough people creating threads for different companies...and whoever does will not be making one because of their regular experience there, more likely because they had a BAD experience...

and 2) its free advertising for companies....if something like that is created and a bunch of auto places find out about it...word will get around, fake accounts will be created, and that part of the forum could be flooded by spam from a bunch of companies.

rage2
02-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by soupey
and 2) its free advertising for companies....if something like that is created and a bunch of auto places find out about it...word will get around, fake accounts will be created, and that part of the forum could be flooded by spam from a bunch of companies.
Exactly. We have rules against companies doing free advertising here because advertising pays our bills to keep beyond free for you guys.

AllGoNoShow
02-10-2006, 10:36 AM
Yup which is why my first autobdoy thread got shut down. The latest one is in a way a review system but still highly mangeable becuase I have to update the first post and just about everyone who has given a review has been a member for more then a coupel of months and is active poster. Just can't display phone #'s or addy sor anything.

2000_SI
02-10-2006, 10:39 AM
What ever happened to the idea where we where going to "review" members cars, Top Gear styles?

AllGoNoShow
02-10-2006, 10:40 AM
Well tis hard to review and post about cars when their is

1. no track open
2. still undecided driver
3. no people putting their car up to review
4. organization of the whole idea

rage2
02-11-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
Well tis hard to review and post about cars when their is

1. no track open
2. still undecided driver
3. no people putting their car up to review
4. organization of the whole idea
I can drive. But I seirously doubt anyone would trust me with their car, because I would probably burn thru a whole set of tires haha.

BerserkerCatSplat
02-11-2006, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by rage2

I can drive. But I seirously doubt anyone would trust me with their car, because I would probably burn thru a whole set of tires haha.

Hahaha, ain't that the truth. I've seen the videos of what you put the poor tires on your 944 through! :rofl: