PDA

View Full Version : cheap sound

jutter87
02-08-2006, 11:48 PM
alright maybe my last post wasn't clear enough, I really just want to hear what you guys think would make a good system costing about 5-600 bucks, any amp/sub combo. I like music to sound good, but still capable of shakin the mirrors and being noticed etc etc. im gonna use a sealed pro box with like 1.2 cb. ft. for 12's or .9 for 10's. I appreciate all useful feedback.

WWJAI
02-08-2006, 11:52 PM
make sure you get yourself a good component speaker set as well if you want good sounding music.

Jonathan@TCS
02-09-2006, 09:17 AM
If you want to do a cheap system, check out our blowout sale, in the MarketPlace section. We have an amp and sub combo for $379. Also, if you want to spend a bit more, come into the showroom, we have a killer package on right now.

You get a complete system, for $899 ( Deck, 2 Amps, Components, sub, wire, and box )

gp36912
02-09-2006, 09:22 AM
:P full components too huh? nice

my system costed about 600, consists of 1 punch3001 amp, 2 kicker comp 12s, 2 sealed bassworx 12 inch boxes, wireing. i already had a deck and good components so i didn't have to upgrade those. right now i have the 2 subs bridged and on parallel(dunno how bad that is for the system) but i turn it up 1/4 of the way and you will feel it. turn it up half way and your deaf heheh, its also good to invest on some decent new wireing.

jutter87
02-09-2006, 11:30 AM
guys, by system I meant just an amp/sub setup. and to jonathan, i have no clue where your place of business is, nor do I care,also i visited your website and it pretty much sucked. Can anyone on here actually tell me some experience they have had with decent equipment in this price range?

Jonathan@TCS
02-09-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by jutter87
alright maybe my last post wasn't clear enough, I really just want to hear what you guys think would make a good system costing about 5-600 bucks, any amp/sub combo. I like music to sound good, but still capable of shakin the mirrors and being noticed etc etc. im gonna use a sealed pro box with like 1.2 cb. ft. for 12's or .9 for 10's. I appreciate all useful feedback.

How do you know what size of box you are going to use if you don't even know what sub or subs you are going to use?

Originally posted by jutter87
guys, by system I meant just an amp/sub setup. and to jonathan, i have no clue where your place of business is, nor do I care,also i visited your website and it pretty much sucked. Can anyone on here actually tell me some experience they have had with decent equipment in this price range?

As for having no clue where our store is located, maybe you should try reading the ADDRESS at the bottom of my post. As for the website, I will agree, it needs a lot of work. But we are working on it and soon it will be better. As for your price range, it is hard to say cause CAN and US pricing is very different.

And for your info, an AMP and SUB is not a system!!!!

b_t
02-09-2006, 03:23 PM
elemental designs my friend, elemental designs

http://www.edesignaudio.com/

absolutely untouchable for performance per dollar, for $600 you get sub, amp, box and components and sound better then the stuff you pick up in stores simply because you are buyin factory direct and there are no middlemen adding their premiums on.

gp36912
02-10-2006, 09:01 PM
^^^
:P wrong i picked up my full system with install for 600 and thats with 2 subs not 1. and with the correct wireing, sounds amazing in the car. (something like 10gauge wires in the boxes from the amp to the boxes, 8 gauge to the amp) thats what i run, and with my system turned up just half way i can blow your eardrums out :P