PDA

View Full Version : 115 Dollar Fine for my Muffler

Unknown303
02-09-2006, 11:36 AM
DAMNIT, just got a ticket for Enlarged Exhaust outlet. 115 dollars that hurts. Anyways i'm sick of this crap is there a decent company that makes a near stock muffler that might be a little better than stock. Just wondering as i'm probably replacing my muffler tomorrow.

B20EF
02-09-2006, 11:44 AM
I just got one a few days ago too, I'm also taking mine back to stock size, but I have a honda so no help for your J-body

QuasarCav
02-09-2006, 11:44 AM
Magnaflow.

Get rid of the ricer tip and you wont have a problem.

Unknown303
02-09-2006, 11:54 AM
Does magnaflow have a muffler thats just for a stock replacement. And also where in calgary should i check out to see a lineup of some Magnaflow stuff?

djfob
02-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
Magnaflow.

Get rid of the ricer tip and you wont have a problem.

I have a magnaflow but instead of getting me for size they got me for exessive noise. Still set me back $115.

Moonracer
02-09-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by djfob

I have a magnaflow but instead of getting me for size they got me for exessive noise. Still set me back $115.

Did they mesure it with a db meter?

C4S
02-09-2006, 03:42 PM
Well .. that is actually not a bad news .. at least, those Police are doing something ...

Kobe
02-09-2006, 03:45 PM
im sure they will also drop the ticket, if they see you bought a new stock muffler....

rc2002
02-09-2006, 03:47 PM
I got one of those "enlarged tip" tickets too a couple weeks back. I wonder if those count towards their quotas...

Aleks
02-09-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Kobe
im sure they will also drop the ticket, if they see you bought a new stock muffler....

Yep, go in and show your receipt for you new muffler and the receipt from the install place and they will drop the ticket for sure! You can get a magnaflow muffler that looks stock 2.5" in/out at Carline where they will install it for cheap.

Unknown303
02-09-2006, 04:28 PM
Umm where's Carline, or a number... also if i buy and install a new muffler on my own they would probably drop the charges too wouldn't they? I also hate the fact that i have to goto court to argue this damn ticket.

Aleks
02-09-2006, 04:39 PM
Sure do it yourself, take the muffler receipt along with an after picture and talk to the Crown Procecutor.

97IntegraRS
02-09-2006, 05:34 PM
I an "enlarged tip" ticket a couple weeks back as well, except mine was only like $65 or something.

RiceCake
02-09-2006, 05:51 PM
damn they are really cracking down... I got one too!

Unknown303
02-09-2006, 06:34 PM
Think i'm going to goto Carline Mufflers and get them to throw a Magnaflow on for me. Thinking of getting them to pipe it with 2.25 from the cat back think he said 315 or so.

Foz
02-09-2006, 06:40 PM
Coffee cans beware!

Civicguy
02-09-2006, 08:43 PM
oh shit I got one like a year ago and another about 6 months later FROM THE SAME COP!!, and I fought it and they dropped it by half cauze when I was in the court I asked the cop "did you not call in another officer for a second opinion?"
officer- "yes."
me- "what was the responce from the second officer"
officer- "I would not have givin a ticket cauze its purely cosmetic"

then the judge said that the car is engineered for optimum eff. and noise so there is no reason to enlarge the "muffler"

BUT!!! this is what the cop told me from his commanding officer

as long as the exhast is the same from when it leaves the muffler to the tip it is NOT illegal (here in lethbridge) cauze my tip flared out the last 1.5" to approx 5" in diameter and leaving the muffler at 2.5"

so what I had to do to make it legal (see attachment) was run down to crappy tire and pick up a coupler and take it to a exhast shop, they welded on some supports to the edge of the tip and the coupler. cauze what the cop told me that was PERFECTLY LEGAL!!!

the shitty part was that when the cop car idling and was giving gas was louder than my car when I did the same

so I know how ya feel but as long as I keep that center tip there then im fine, I dont think a coffee can muffler will get ya a ticket due to the exhast widing, BUT remind the cop of harleys, diesels, etc. due to that THEY have widend exhasts as well but dont throw in that it came from the factory that way cauze its legal if it comes that way and not modded after.

racin_jayson
02-09-2006, 09:15 PM
I cant believe that they can ticket you for "enlarged exhaust tip" Thats f-ing ludicrous. is there a specific size that it has to be under?

Hash_man
02-09-2006, 09:31 PM
I have a twin tip magnaflow muffer, and haven't had any problems at all, I've had cops follow me numerous times too.... It looks similar to stock but shiney, lol.

Aleks
02-09-2006, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by racin_jayson
I cant believe that they can ticket you for "enlarged exhaust tip" Thats f-ing ludicrous. is there a specific size that it has to be under?

The outlet of the muffler can't be widened. Why not just get a 2.5" in/out looks stock and performs well enough for 300hp. Why would you need a big ricer tip anyhow? :confused:

hockeybronx
02-09-2006, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303
Umm where's Carline, or a number... also if i buy and install a new muffler on my own they would probably drop the charges too wouldn't they? I also hate the fact that i have to goto court to argue this damn ticket.

Carline (Calgary Muffler) has a location near the corner of MacLeod Trail and 58th Ave SE.

I better be careful, sounds like there is a bit of a crackdown on muffler tips now. Luckily when I drive to work at 5:30am theres not a lot of cops driving around anyways.... they're usually parked.

theken
02-09-2006, 10:48 PM
i have dual 5 inch on the fairlady haha good ol veilside exhaust, never had a problem, i didnt want them to be that big but it came like that, maybe cops appreciate the car more then a civic, i appreciate not getting tickets.

Mr_John
02-09-2006, 11:06 PM
hmmm i used to have a large exhaust on my civic and with cops following and all
not once was i pulled over for the exhaust

it wasnt very loud either though

HTN SWCHS
02-09-2006, 11:10 PM
this ticket is bs, the rulebook says its a violation if it had an "enlarged tip" AND (not or) produces spark or flame

Jaxx
02-10-2006, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by Aleks

The outlet of the muffler can't be widened. Why not just get a 2.5" in/out looks stock and performs well enough for 300hp. Why would you need a big ricer tip anyhow? :confused:

I TOTALLY agree.

KuruptEX
02-10-2006, 04:30 AM
reason there going so hard on people now
is they want u to waste ur prosperity checks
on tickets lol:banghead:

Unknown303
02-10-2006, 07:22 AM
Yeah i think today i'm taking my car to get a 2.5in/out. probably a magnaflow i think. Guess i'll wait and see what the muf shop has to offer.

Aleks
02-10-2006, 07:54 AM
Make sure you keep your cat or at least the resonator in your exhaust system otherwise i won't sound very good.

unfocus
02-10-2006, 08:10 AM
i got oen of those last year haha i was ganna fight it and take pics of well other tips of exhaust liek say trucks ... cause if the officer told me that its widen and didn't specify that it has to be stock the ni was gana ntake pics of trucks that has a big outlet and complain... but if he did specify that it has to be stock the ni wouldn't but he didnt soo yah...

bad thing is i miss my court datte... so i ended up paying for the ticket lol

hussein
02-10-2006, 08:33 AM
when giving exhaust tickets do they look more at cars, or is there an equal chance of me getting one on my pathfinder? it is has a 3inch ractive tip. (sorry to go slightly offtopic on this thread)

EG_Civic
02-10-2006, 09:00 AM
damn,, i didnt get a ticket.. i hope i dont haha.. mines pretty freakin loud right now.. i think im gona change it up to neuspeed exhuast sound good and deep tone but not loud

Manimillion
02-10-2006, 09:04 AM
What if you exhaust doesnt' go all the way to the rear bumper? :D

googe
02-10-2006, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by djfob

thats good then, because if they didnt have a db meter i think that ticket is going in the garbage :thumbsup:

jdmakkord
02-10-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by googe

thats good then, because if they didnt have a db meter i think that ticket is going in the garbage :thumbsup:

I wish they really would carry db meters. Then when they find the clowns with overly loud cars, trucks, and bikes, they could own all of them. As opposed to individuals with modified exhausts that fall under the sound limit.

djfob
02-10-2006, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by jdmakkord

I wish they really would carry db meters. Then when they find the clowns with overly loud cars, trucks, and bikes, they could own all of them. As opposed to individuals with modified exhausts that fall under the sound limit.

I've heard some Harley's that can cause hearing loss and they seem to get away with it.:nut:

CalgarySupra
02-10-2006, 12:18 PM
just leave it factory. money time and headache. save money on the actual tip, the install, the ticket, the time and money it takes to remove it , the time to go download a few times. for what ? any horse power gain? did that extenstion of you dick i mean muffler pick up more calgary girls?

kane584
02-10-2006, 12:55 PM
i got a 115 ticket from edmontons gayest police force for unsafe left hand turn :(

Rollin'
02-10-2006, 01:05 PM
mother of god, why do you need a 5" tip?

Originally posted by Civicguy
oh shit I got one like a year ago and another about 6 months later FROM THE SAME COP!!, and I fought it and they dropped it by half cauze when I was in the court I asked the cop "did you not call in another officer for a second opinion?"
officer- "yes."
me- "what was the responce from the second officer"
officer- "I would not have givin a ticket cauze its purely cosmetic"

then the judge said that the car is engineered for optimum eff. and noise so there is no reason to enlarge the "muffler"

BUT!!! this is what the cop told me from his commanding officer

as long as the exhast is the same from when it leaves the muffler to the tip it is NOT illegal (here in lethbridge) cauze my tip flared out the last 1.5" to approx 5" in diameter and leaving the muffler at 2.5"

so what I had to do to make it legal (see attachment) was run down to crappy tire and pick up a coupler and take it to a exhast shop, they welded on some supports to the edge of the tip and the coupler. cauze what the cop told me that was PERFECTLY LEGAL!!!

the shitty part was that when the cop car idling and was giving gas was louder than my car when I did the same

so I know how ya feel but as long as I keep that center tip there then im fine, I dont think a coffee can muffler will get ya a ticket due to the exhast widing, BUT remind the cop of harleys, diesels, etc. due to that THEY have widend exhasts as well but dont throw in that it came from the factory that way cauze its legal if it comes that way and not modded after.

Rollin'
02-10-2006, 01:07 PM
you will be fine as long as its not obnoxiously loud

Originally posted by hussein
when giving exhaust tickets do they look more at cars, or is there an equal chance of me getting one on my pathfinder? it is has a 3inch ractive tip. (sorry to go slightly offtopic on this thread)

DonJuan
02-10-2006, 03:39 PM
Had a cop follow me last night, while I had temporary insurcance on, and he didn't have a problem with my exaust, dual 3" tips, and it's a louder than the old one too, but maybe i'm just lucky.

racin_jayson
02-10-2006, 05:28 PM

I dont have a ricer tip thanks.....
I just think that cops should be out catching actual criminals instead of busting the chops of people who decide that they want a big Ricola horn on thier car

Aleks
02-10-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by racin_jayson

I dont have a ricer tip thanks.....
I just think that cops should be out catching actual criminals instead of busting the chops of people who decide that they want a big Ricola horn on thier car

I wasnt reffering to your tip i was just saying in general. But regardless There are different divisions within police. Traffic Police' job is to catch people who break the traffic violations. So no they don't have much to do with the real criminals.

MarX
02-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Wow 2.5" on a 4cyl:confused: One question. Why?
I'm doubting going to 2.5 on a 4L I-6 because really whats the point of having a muffler I can fit my arm in? I can understand it for a high HP V-8 or something like that but on a 4cyl? Bye bye backpressure.

Unknown303
02-10-2006, 07:49 PM
Well went to Carline mufflers and got a nice dynomax muffler and a bit of 2.25 pipe back to apparently where my CAT should be. Guess in all my time i never looked under the car far enough to see if there was a CAT in place. But at least i'm back to a near stock look and i still enjoy the nice aftermarket sound of a decent exhaust.

Way to go Carline on a fast install. Really like dealing with those guys, plus i ended up paying less than he quoted me.

Civicguy
02-10-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by HTN SWCHS
this ticket is bs, the rulebook says its a violation if it had an "enlarged tip" AND (not or) produces spark or flame

the law if I remember correctly is:

drive/operate motor vechile with exhast widened
drive/operate motor vechile with exessive noise, flames, or sparks

WHEN THE F**K R U GONNA HAVE FLAMES OR SPARKS on a clean cut ricer!!!

and my 5" tip....its how I bought the car, I didnt throw it on after I got it, but now im gonna put on 2 duals

and for the sound thing...try a cherry bomb backwards...can damn near blow out a window cauze its so freakin loud

craigcd
02-11-2006, 01:48 AM

WHEN THE F**K R U GONNA HAVE FLAMES OR SPARKS on a clean cut ricer!!!

My convertible RX7 wasnt by any means a ricer it would through out nice flames with a header and a reasonator..... with mufflers that looked stock.

JordanEG6
02-11-2006, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by MarX
I'm doubting going to 2.5 on a 4L I-6 because really whats the point of having a muffler I can fit my arm in? I can understand it for a high HP V-8 or something like that but on a 4cyl? Bye bye backpressure.

some motors 'breathe' heavier than others. i know k20a motors can run 2.5"-3" I.D. to let it breathe and allow proper flow without sacrificing power. this goes to many other 4 cyl. as well.

LittleAngel
02-11-2006, 02:14 AM
i got one of those tickets a few months ago, so i put mine back to stock, the cop was even nice enough to write all the measurments on the ticket LOL.

anyways, i spend 100 bux on a stock one, and went downtown and got the ticket dropped because I did get the muffler changed back to stock.

the cops that gave it to me was kinda a dumb ass tho he used the excuse of "its adds horsepower to your car, and you cant do that" i just laughed about that after, but switched it up anyways so i dont have to deal with that problem again

EG_Civic
02-11-2006, 08:37 AM
^ could of just bought your stock muffler to court and say your gona install it

LittleAngel
02-11-2006, 11:47 AM
why woudl i bring the muffler to court with me? its a lot easier to bring the receipt that it was replaced....

Unknown303
02-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Is is possible to go somewhere to get the ticket dropped before my court date arrives?

barbarian
02-11-2006, 07:23 PM

Punch typical exhaust flow and conditions into this, you're right, going to a larger pipe only helps so far. There are other resistances in the system.

http://www.uengineer.com/equivleng1.htm
(is for refinery gases, but anyways..)

Goblin
02-11-2006, 09:41 PM
Why do you people need this size of a muffler/tip:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/CelicaSupra/Oakleigh%20Meet/DSC03122.jpg

when this will do a good job, if not better? (and looks a lot better)

http://www.toyotaasg.com/images/small/664.jpg

I will never understand the fascination of putting a huge tip on..

95EagleAWD
02-11-2006, 10:38 PM
^^

Me neither. My 3-inch exhaust ends in a 3-inch tip. No tickets for me! Plus, it's a turbo car, so it's deep and throaty, not buzzy. :thumbsup:

DelSoln
02-11-2006, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Goblin

Because a lot of those fools think a bigger tip means better performance.

MarX
02-11-2006, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

some motors 'breathe' heavier than others. i know k20a motors can run 2.5"-3" I.D. to let it breathe and allow proper flow without sacrificing power. this goes to many other 4 cyl. as well.
Yeah but 90% of the time its on a stock civic hatchback or *insert ricer here* Yeah some motors need better exaust to match the intake and such but still 3" id is pretty big.

barbarian
02-12-2006, 12:23 AM

I will never understand the fascination of putting a huge tip on.. [/B]

It's called compensating for something. The same reason why some people have jacked up trucks that never go offroad, or drive Hummers.

Mangina
02-12-2006, 12:39 AM
Poor ricers. You'll just have to stick to your lighted windshield washer tips and giant fins.

LittleAngel
02-12-2006, 01:23 AM
Is is possible to go somewhere to get the ticket dropped before my court date arrives?

ya just go to the address on the back of the ticket, got talk to the justice of the peace. make sure its at least 2 weeks after u got your ticket cuz they wont have it downtown until 2 weeks after.

thats what i did, i brang the reciept of the stock muffler i had put on, and then it was dropped

Fez_turbo
02-12-2006, 01:39 AM

too carry their cell phone when they are driving

lets get a petition going...for cops to stop targeting "ricer" cars. ricer is in quotations because im refering to all modified cars that cops think are "dangerous"

Goblin
02-12-2006, 01:44 AM
^ Never would have thought about that ;) hahaha :thumbsup:

Originally posted by barbarian

It's called compensating for something. The same reason why some people have jacked up trucks that never go offroad, or drive Hummers.

Yeah, I guess, but your two examples are actually COOL.

Weapon_R
02-12-2006, 02:27 AM
This is great news :thumbsup:

95EagleAWD
02-12-2006, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Mangina
Poor ricers. You'll just have to stick to your lighted windshield washer tips and giant fins.

You can get a ticket for lighted windshield washer sprayers... :rofl:

pressure_ratio
02-12-2006, 03:34 AM
Man this is getting out of hand.I can't believe cops are actually targeting ppl with an aftermarket exhaust,makes me wonder if all the diesel pickups I see with the aftermarket 6"systems are being targeted also :nut:
Anyways...if you want to fight it simply go to court and ask the what the stock specifications are for your particular veichle.You know damn well he's not going to know and therefor can't say for sure that it's oversized.Same for Db levels...if he doesn't mesure it, it will be thrown out.

95EagleAWD
02-12-2006, 03:34 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to say they are targeting enlarged exhausts... They go after blatant, rediculous exhausts. Driving style has a lot to do with getting pulled over. I've had a full 3-inch exhaust, no cat, on my Talon for over a year now. I've been followed by many EPS cruisers. I've never been pulled over. I don't speed around EPS cars, and I don't mash the gas or anything. My exhaust is loud, but not obnoxious. Don't draw attention to yourself and you should be fine. (The only way you can tell my Talon is modded is the exhaust, the slight drop and the front mounted intercooler...)

Civicguy
02-12-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by pressure_ratio
Man this is getting out of hand.I can't believe cops are actually targeting ppl with an aftermarket exhaust,makes me wonder if all the diesel pickups I see with the aftermarket 6"systems are being targeted also :nut:
Anyways...if you want to fight it simply go to court and ask the what the stock specifications are for your particular veichle.You know damn well he's not going to know and therefor can't say for sure that it's oversized.Same for Db levels...if he doesn't mesure it, it will be thrown out.

:werd: thats what I was saying

but most judges and cops know that on a stock imports the exhast is only like 1" on the tip like most cars are around the same size ie. 1.5-2 inches, cauze that is what the judge said to me when I fought it BUT if the inlet matches the outlet then it should be legal not like 2.5" inlet and then a 5" TIP not the outlet has to be the furthest most point in which the exhast gas leaves (if ya know what I mean)

max_boost
02-12-2006, 04:25 PM
Just saw an AE86 (White) pulled over on Edmonton Trail today. The exhaust was just too noticeable :D

I don't really like this law but what can you do. :drama:

MrPid
02-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by DelSoln

Because a lot of those fools think a bigger tip means better performance.

:werd: ...glad somebody said it in this thread...

People in the exhaust shop biz around town have been barely been able to contain themselves at the cash register from laughing their asses off at this 'phenomenon' for some time now.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

handsomebassman
02-12-2006, 04:38 PM
So the extra 40HP per inch rule is false? lol.

JordanEG6
02-12-2006, 06:28 PM

Yeah but 90% of the time its on a stock civic hatchback or *insert ricer here* Yeah some motors need better exaust to match the intake and such but still 3" id is pretty big.

very true, but im speaking from a high performance stand point. none the less, what you said is true and i myself hate seeing ricers with there huge ass exhaust tips. :banghead:

pressure_ratio
02-12-2006, 06:59 PM
...I can sleep better tonight knowing the city is safer after a cop handed out an oversized exhaust ticket. :guns:

95EagleAWD
02-12-2006, 08:06 PM
...I can sleep better tonight knowing the city is safer after a cop handed out an oversized exhaust ticket. :guns:

Or you can not be a douchebag and know that traffic cops don't do homicide work... :thumbsup:

n1zm0
02-12-2006, 09:40 PM
i just got a ticket, travelling speed limit all the way from auto mall(thats where he started following), to heritage and macleod, i get a ticket for my 4 inch tipped fujitsubo legalis r which is imo one of the most quietest 'sport' exhaust out there..

guy says he gives em out to diesel trucks and hondas all the time and quote "today was just your day".. punkass..

we should petition or whatever to make them use db meters instead of this jump to conclusions bs...

Unknown303
02-12-2006, 10:35 PM
This forum is sweet. Glad i could start such a conversation. To be honest i don't mind the fact that they give out these tickets, to be honest, my car looked like shit and sounded like shit with that huge 4" muffler on it. Now with a fairly stock looking 2.5" tip on are nice 2.25 cat back exhaust my car sounds better and probably pulls the same as it did with that gross muffler. I just want cops to ticket harleys and shit if they want to say my car was too loud. I had a Harley drive by me today and it made my ears hurt.

While i must say some cars have huge tips and they have a sign tone to the exhaust still. Mine didn't so i changed it, only after i got a ticket. To each his own.

Also can anyone verify that this is the address that i can goto before to court date to get them to drop the ticket.

#109 Rocky Mountain Plaza
230 - 7th Avenue SE

Goblin
02-12-2006, 10:49 PM
I had a Harley drive by me today and it made my ears hurt.

Aww muffin.

Glad you came to your non ricer senses. Damn about time.

Originally posted by n1zm0
I get a ticket for my 4 inch tipped fujitsubo legalis r

4" tip on a 2" inch stock, well duh, that is OVERSIZED

What do you expect?

n1zm0
02-13-2006, 12:49 AM
to be honest, my car looked like shit and sounded like shit with that huge 4" muffler on it.

well being 4 inch tip and all my muffler is very quiet compared to most turbo exhausts for my car. it has two muffler canisters as well. Fujistubo (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fujitsubo.co.jp%2Fmc-prod%2Fpsrs-v.php3%3Fid%3D00000077&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools) an mr2 but sounds exactly like it (http://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/imglib/sdra/sc_vol5/05.rm)

just stating the fact that it should be dB levels that determine whether or not you get a ticket because what harm is having a large tip/quiet exhaust over having a loud obstructive noise like a fart canister.

n1zm0
02-13-2006, 01:02 AM
edit: oops double post, sry!

pressure_ratio
02-13-2006, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

Or you can not be a douchebag and know that traffic cops don't do homicide work... :thumbsup:

Thanks for that...I was thinking more like car and home prowlings,drunk drivers...

95EagleAWD
02-13-2006, 07:02 AM
I had a Harley drive by me today and it made my ears hurt.

Motorcycles fall under different noise regulations than cars.

95EagleAWD
02-13-2006, 07:03 AM

Thanks for that...I was thinking more like car and home prowlings,drunk drivers...

And what are they supposed to do? Wait outside bars for drunks walking out to their car? If they see them, they pull them over. Unfortunately, the police do not have an omnipotent power to see everything that happens before it happens to stop it.

Unknown303
02-13-2006, 07:22 AM

Aww muffin.

Glad you came to your non ricer senses. Damn about time.

Glad you could be here for me in this time of conversion Goblin.

And for 95EagleAWD its a damn shame cops don't have powers like that. could save responsible people and none drinkers a lot of hassle. But seriously, i can't believe Harleys fall under different regulations, that makes me sad.

Aleks
02-13-2006, 07:57 AM
I've seen a few "souped" up cars pulled over this weekend. I can only assume it was part of crackdown on mufflers. I don't get why people whine about this? You mod your exhaust and you take a chance on getting a ticket. This is nothing new.:dunno:

Unknown303
02-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Well at least i no longer have to worry about ane exhaust ticket.

Civicguy
02-13-2006, 06:32 PM
I've seen a few "souped" up cars pulled over this weekend. I can only assume it was part of crackdown on mufflers. I don't get why people whine about this? You mod your exhaust and you take a chance on getting a ticket. This is nothing new.:dunno:

it just depends on how it is.....if it flared out or not....flared out it illegal if its straight out then its legal.

Speed_69
02-13-2006, 06:54 PM

:werd: the smaller one looks so much nicer! the max i'd want my muffler tip to be is 2.25"

it just depends on how it is.....if it flared out or not....flared out it illegal if its straight out then its legal.

wrong! it's illegal any way

Goblin
02-13-2006, 07:08 PM

Glad you could be here for me in this time of conversion Goblin.

No problem guy, I try to be of the best help available.

RedBull
02-13-2006, 07:28 PM
Are these just fines with no demerits? I hope so because my dual 5inch tips might get me in trouble...

Unknown303
02-13-2006, 08:16 PM
I'm hoping they don't count as demerits. I only have one speeding ticket on my record would be a shame to throw another ticket on that. Plus i've repented my ways and went to a nice stainless steel 2.5 inch tip. Looks sweet kind of like the image above, going to make an attempt at adding that image again. But yeah its almost identical to the tip that might join up with this message.

Civicguy
02-14-2006, 06:44 PM
from the cop that gave me my ticket that tip is illegal due to that its flared out...cauze mine is a 2.5" outlet but the last inch or so it flares out to approx. 5" and I got busted for it, so I was told it HAS to be a straight pipe out (no flaring) but thats here I dunno what the cops would say up there

DelSoln
02-14-2006, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by RedBull
Are these just fines with no demerits? I hope so because my dual 5inch tips might get me in trouble...

No demerits so don't worry.