PDA

View Full Version : canadian tire warrenty

ApexDrift
02-09-2006, 02:55 PM
so i bought a new altenater from canadian tire about 2 years ago, and its dead, it has a 5 year warranty but i dont have the recipt or warranty card, would they still honer the warranty, do they keep any customer information on hand?

tirebob
02-09-2006, 03:05 PM
I would say that without a receipt you are dead in the water... No proof you are the original purchaser, let alone that it was bought through them...

abyss
02-09-2006, 03:23 PM
If you bought it on Credit card, most stores will take the statement and/or a copy of the receipt off their back end as proof of purchase, you have to be careful of which store you go to as they are all individually owned and their policies will vary. Also, they have copies of all the purchases on the back end but are most times too busy or lazy to look and print them out for you, but they can do this so make sure you ask nicely for it. If you paid cash it's a little harder to prove, but if you can remember the exact day you bought it and other things you may have bought with it it'll show on the back end reciept. Be nice to them and they'll help you more. 90% of the customer service people at CT don't want to be there so they won't be willing to help you if you're bitchy.

Edit, forgot to add that you need to go to the exact store you bought it at to ge tthe back end reciept, so that's where you'll have to get warranty. Hopefully they honour it there.

Supa Dexta
02-09-2006, 05:04 PM
Give em hell!

hah, I was there one day and there was this 50yr old fuckin loser of a guy there, freakin' out about an old battery he bought, that had a yr warrenty.. It was over a yr but he didn't care.. he thought after that point it should be on some kind of sliding scale, after a couple yrs you guys pay half.. etc.. I stood there and watched this ass, couldn't believe the kid put up with it, I'd have told him to shove the battery up his ass and fuk off... total prick he was being to the kid..Seemed to be doing something for him, kept going in the back, bastard probably did get a new battery..

ApexDrift
02-09-2006, 10:35 PM
ill be nice first and if that doesnt work then ill give them hell ...

thx

ninspeed
02-09-2006, 10:39 PM
no records are kept unless it was installed there... your sol...

Fez_turbo
02-09-2006, 10:45 PM
first mistake you bought something from crappy tire.

that place is making me mad everyday, horrible service and some dumb people.

id give them hell or go straight to the manager, dont even bother with the employee's cause they will end up calling the manager anyways.

D. Dub
02-10-2006, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
Give em hell!

hah, I was there one day and there was this 50yr old fuckin loser of a guy there, freakin' out about an old battery he bought, that had a yr warrenty.. It was over a yr but he didn't care.. he thought after that point it should be on some kind of sliding scale, after a couple yrs you guys pay half.. etc.. I stood there and watched this ass, couldn't believe the kid put up with it, I'd have told him to shove the battery up his ass and fuk off... total prick he was being to the kid..Seemed to be doing something for him, kept going in the back, bastard probably did get a new battery..

Squeeky wheel gets the grease :dunno:

abyss
02-10-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by ninspeed
no records are kept unless it was installed there... your sol...

He's not sol. See my post. It's just gonna be a bit more work for him that's all.

ricosuave
02-10-2006, 09:23 AM
here's a thought, why not CALL CRAPPY TIRE AND ASK?:rolleyes:

D. Dub
02-10-2006, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by ricosuave
here's a thought, why not CALL CRAPPY TIRE AND ASK?:rolleyes:

:rofl: