PDA

View Full Version : tough decision

TheNewGuy34
02-10-2006, 06:55 PM
Okay, here's the deal. I currently have a 96 Accord (basic package) and it has served me well so far. For some reason (and I have no idea why) I've gotten the urge to learn about cars, how they work, and to drive really fast. Right now, I'm trying to decide wheter or not to do a few things.

Option 1:
Keep my Accord the way it is, and just drive the hell out of it. Maybe buy a new car after college.

Option 2:
Put a few upgrades (intake, headers, exhaust) on the Accord to give it more "get up and go".

Option 3:
Convince my parents to let me sell the car (I could get about 5-6 grand) and buy something else. Preferably something faster.

I know I don't need a car that goes fast, but it would be cool to have. I just need to know what to do. I mean, I really want a fast car, but I highly doubt my parents would let me sell it. I got it for free (grandfather passed away, I got the car), it gets good mileage, and its never had any serious problems. I'm torn between keeping the car till I get older or just buying something a little faster now, and using it till I decide otherwise. What should I do?

Lex350
02-10-2006, 07:07 PM
modifying you car can be addictive...you don't want to be spending money on that 'till your done school IMO.

Spend any extra cash you have on taking trips to Mexico during spring break or something like that.

alloroc
02-10-2006, 08:45 PM
Option 1 and join the cscc or something and trash the thing and learn how to drive before getting a fast car.

TheNewGuy34
02-10-2006, 09:21 PM
what's the cscc?

alloroc
02-10-2006, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by TheNewGuy34
what's the cscc?

http://bishop.ab.ca/CSCC/

Check out the Solo 2.

cheap and fun if your into that kind of thing

FiveFreshFish
02-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Go with Option #1 and save your cash. You can still learn by helping out your pals when they work on their cars.

Originally posted by alloroc

http://bishop.ab.ca/CSCC/

Check out the Solo 2.

cheap and fun if your into that kind of thing
He's in Tennessee.

alloroc
02-10-2006, 10:02 PM
Ok I'm an idjit lol.

But there has to be something similar there :)

DelSoln
02-10-2006, 11:14 PM
Finishing your education and paying off your student loans should be your top priority. Therefore I recommend option 1.

BerserkerCatSplat
02-10-2006, 11:29 PM
I say option 1!