PDA

View Full Version : In need of some assistance!

§é××ïé
03-11-2003, 03:34 PM
Ok, heres the story. When I was born my family all decided to open up a saveings account for me to get a car when I graduate. The thing is I don't graduate until next year and my Mom slipped on the secret and told me by mistake. Well the family all decided that w/e she can have the money now....leaving me with $30,000 for a car! :drool: I still havent over come the shock, I mean WOW 30,000 for a new FIRST car.

Of course I need to focus on FINALLY getting the license that I keep putting off but in the meantime I need to decide what I want.

Any suggestions would be awesome!

:thumbsup:Thanks guys/gurls.:thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
03-11-2003, 03:36 PM
i would probably use most of that money as a downpayment on a house, then use the 5k to buy a cheap car and pay for insurance/gas/maintenance/mods. oh wait, thats exactly what im doing now :nut:

ps. stop fucking msging me on msn

Hakkola
03-11-2003, 03:36 PM
Don't get something brand new for sure, depreciation is gay. Secondly, I suggest you get a shit car first, even if only for a couple months, it will help. When I started driving my own car at first I was a crazy fucker, I still am, but now I'm not stupid about how I drive.

Spend a grand or two on a beater, drive it for a month, then get a 2000 or 2001 model car, something with a warranty.

Or invest it, you could make big money with 30g's, or lose a lot of it, hehe. If I got 30 grand today I'd start my own company and have my money work for me.

three.eighteen.
03-11-2003, 03:44 PM
you bitch...i only got 10000!!!

and plz dont go buy a new bmw, m-b or some other megaluxorz-mobile and put it into a post...too many girls i know crashed there first cars within weeks of purchasing...

Ben
03-11-2003, 03:46 PM
Why does everyone say buy a house, shes 16!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buy a car for 10 or 15, and use the rest for future plans, throw it into a GIC or a mutual fund and buy a house when you are done school.

CRX crazy
03-11-2003, 03:51 PM
defanitly don't buy a new car, buy like a 2000 then think of the future, it's really hard sure but it'll pay off ...... or you could just be like some of us and dump the rest into mods

Ferio_vti
03-11-2003, 03:55 PM
On top of that being a new driver with a new car is a bad idea.

§é××ïé
03-11-2003, 04:01 PM
Yeah I was thinking about spending 16,000 on a car. But I dunno what I am doing, lol. And thanks Benny! I am 16, lol...and I don't plan on moveing out anytime soon.

Thanks for the feedback though!

bol
03-11-2003, 04:11 PM
16 eh...
:bigpimp:

haha

finboy
03-11-2003, 04:15 PM
hell, i'd buy something for less than 5 grand, put 5 in savings and use the rest so you don't need to take out student loans for university...

but that is just me

cocoabrova
03-11-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
ps. stop fucking msging me on msn :rofl::rofl:
For $30 large you can have BOTH of my cars:thumbsup:

max_boost
03-11-2003, 04:39 PM
ACURA RSX!!!!!
The best car for under $30K!!!!

My suggestions for you are, take drivers education, do well in school. Find a balance between your wants and needs......haha

Cause $30K isn't very much if you know what to blow it on!

Fuji
03-11-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
ACURA RSX!!!!!
The best car for under $30K!!!!

My suggestions for you are, take drivers education, do well in school. Find a balance between your wants and needs......haha

Cause $30K isn't very much if you know what to blow it on!

SHUT UP!!!!! :rofl: Ahem...

I have a nice 1999 blue Subaru Impreza for sale!!! I won't all of your 30G's but we can negotiate :D

LUDELVR
03-11-2003, 05:01 PM
Like everyone is saying, buy a used car for around 15 K or so and use the money on contraceptives or something!!! I'm just being a realist cuz stats show that teenage pregnancy is on the rise!!! hahahahahahah way to go Fuji!!!

Where do all the high school girls hang out?

At FUJI'S house!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cocoabrova
03-11-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Fuji
[BI won't all of your 30G's but we can negotiate :D [/B] :bigpimp:You go pimp:poosie:

cocoabrova
03-11-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
Like everyone is saying, buy a used car for around 15 K or so and use the money on contraceptives or something!!! I'm just being a realist cuz stats show that teenage pregnancy is on the rise!!! hahahahahahah way to go Fuji!!!

At FUJI'S house!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: BAHAHAHA.... He IS a:bigpimp: A pedo-pimp that is:barf: :rofl::rofl:

CRXguy
03-11-2003, 05:04 PM

You sir, are correct!

Originally posted by §é××ïé
I have only slept with 4 guys includeing my current bf and sex isn't everything I agree with mel on that one.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

max_boost
03-11-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

You sir, are correct!

At the rate she is going.....she is going to be in LUDELVR territory in a few years!:eek: :eek: :rofl:

CRXguy
03-11-2003, 05:08 PM
I don't think anyone can be as slutty as LUDELVR!!! :rofl: :barf:

LUDELVR
03-11-2003, 05:09 PM

You sir, are correct!

4 guys and only 16!!! Dayum!!!!!!! I guess that's just the world today! hahahahaha I just keep thinking of Chris Rock...never ask a woman how many guys she's been with...cuz you don't wanna know!!!! She could be like 2, and you'd be like 2!!!! 2!!!! no no, 2!!!! tsk tsk...I guess that's just how youz was raised!!!! :poosie: :poosie: :poosie:

man, it seems like kids are having sex at younger ages and trying to dress like they're older! man, this world is getting scary....you better watch Fuji!!!!! :rofl: :bigpimp:

Ben
03-11-2003, 05:10 PM
Ah leave her alone you guys, she didn't ask for this abuse... :dunno:

LUDELVR
03-11-2003, 05:11 PM
I don't think anyone can be as slutty as LUDELVR!!! :rofl: :barf:

What the hell are you talking about man....I'm as clean as your mom's sheets.....wait! I guess that doesn't say much about me!! :dunno: :dunno:

ACS-e36
03-11-2003, 05:12 PM
buy something for bout 20... use the other 10 for mods

rsxrsx
03-11-2003, 05:12 PM
i agree with what everyone else is saying use half on a car, and invest the other half into school or something, consider yourself lucky to be 16 with 30 grand. one piece of advise spend wisely, who knows when you'll come across 30 large again, anyhow good luck in whatever you decide to do:thumbsup:

LUDELVR
03-11-2003, 05:13 PM

At the rate she is going.....she is going to be in LUDELVR territory in a few years!:eek: :eek: :rofl:

Man, I'm one of those look but don't touch kinda guys!!! :confused: :dunno: :rofl:

CRXguy
03-11-2003, 05:18 PM

What the hell are you talking about man....I'm as clean as your mom's sheets.....wait! I guess that doesn't say much about me!! :dunno: :dunno:

Why you gotta make fun of the dead? :thumbsdow :bullshit:

Man, I'm one of those look but don't touch kinda guys!!! :confused: :dunno: :rofl:

What the hell was that at Pho Binh Minh the other day? ;) :poosie:

lilboykorea
03-11-2003, 05:22 PM
give the money to me i'll pick out a good car for u :P

Fuji
03-11-2003, 05:23 PM

OK you bastards - you totally took it out of context! I HATE YOU ALL!!:guns: :rofl: :guns:

BTW Dudeluver your mom hangs out here a lot too:thumbsdow :rofl:

Lo)2enz0
03-11-2003, 05:24 PM
whoa, the first girl that is around my age that is into imports. Well if I were you I would buy a 1993 nissan 240sx fastback, get kouki tail lights, s15 silvia front conversion, black top sr20det, drifting suspension, a nice exhaust system, upgrade the turbo on the sr20 and than get some nice rims. well thats basically my dream car.

Another good choice that i know girls love would be a del sol. I have yet to meet a girl that doesn't drowl at a picture of one.

Laurier

CRXguy
03-11-2003, 05:25 PM

OK you bastards - you totally took it out of context! I HATE YOU ALL!!:guns: :rofl: :guns:

:rofl: :rofl:

BTW Dudeluver your mom hangs out here a lot too:thumbsdow :rofl:

That's not something to be proud of man. :barf: :zzz:

LUDELVR

What the hell was that at Pho Binh Minh the other day? ;) :poosie:

Hahaha, I had to think about that for a while! What can I say man...she had the lips and the slurp and the pulling back her hair as in not to get any fluids in it!!! All women hate it when that shit gets in their hair!!!!!h ha hahahahahaha:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But yah man, you shoulda turned around!!! :poosie: :poosie: :poosie:

Fuji

Whatever man - you look at yourself and you touch your self! :barf: - such a liar :rofl:

LUDELVR
03-11-2003, 05:27 PM

Whatever man - you look at yourself and you touch your self! :barf: - such a liar :rofl:

hey, if you can think of a better way to spend a monday night I'd like to hear about it!!!:rofl: :rofl: :poosie:

gpomp
03-11-2003, 05:35 PM
I would spend the money on school. :dunno:

Dr. Evil
03-11-2003, 05:40 PM
I bought my own (first) car for $500 that I saved from my fast food job.

Now that I make enough money to buy new cars, I've decided that "used" is best. Buy a 1994 Mustang or Integra (whatever you're preference), then keep $5,000 in a fund for repairs-upgrades-rental cars. You'll be better off than I am... my new $30,000 car is at the dealer's service dept. right now!!! Warranties are worthless.

§é××ïé
03-11-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
whoa, the first girl that is around my age that is into imports. Well if I were you I would buy a 1993 nissan 240sx fastback, get kouki tail lights, s15 silvia front conversion, black top sr20det, drifting suspension, a nice exhaust system, upgrade the turbo on the sr20 and than get some nice rims. well thats basically my dream car.

Another good choice that i know girls love would be a del sol. I have yet to meet a girl that doesn't drowl at a picture of one.

Laurier

Yes I think del sol's look really nice...but they are slower then hell. Yes you can do some really nice stuff to them, like body kits and what not, the only thing that pisses me off is the guys that own del sol's and put fucking MASSIVE wings on them...not for me. My bf is telling me not to get a Honda, lol. I dunno what i'm gonna do yet.

KoukiS14
03-11-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0

Laurier

Settle down boy!!!

Lo)2enz0
03-11-2003, 07:31 PM
he he he,

my obsession for nissan has grown even more since i got my 240sx.

damn nismo i was going to put a avatar like yours up but the guy humping the honda sign has a nissan sign for a head.

Laurier

Fuji
03-11-2003, 07:35 PM
You should go down to the maufacturer's autoshow this week and see what you like. That is the best way to find out what cars interest you. Once you have a list go and test drive them. You can't pick a car based on everyone elses opinions. :)

§é××ïé
03-11-2003, 07:38 PM
You should go down to the maufacturer's autoshow this week and see what you like. That is the best way to find out what cars interest you. Once you have a list go and test drive them. You can't pick a car based on everyone elses opinions. :)

Ya my dad told me to do that.

Zephyr
03-11-2003, 07:45 PM
get a bucket, first car there is a high chance u will crash it. well for me, my sis crashed my first car for me. :rofl: bye bye 97 integ GSR....*cries*

§é××ïé
03-11-2003, 07:46 PM
lol aww! my friend told me to get a integ GSR actually

Fuji
03-11-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr
get a bucket, first car there is a high chance u will crash it. well for me, my sis crashed my first car for me. :rofl: bye bye 97 integ GSR....*cries*

man your fisrt car was 97 GSR? crap... my first car was a '90 Chev Lumina.... actually it is still my car hehehe 400000km on it

But it is true. your first car will get the crap kicked out of it - by you and others. I think my lumina has at least 2 hit and runs on EVERY panel of the car! :(

Zephyr
03-11-2003, 07:48 PM
lol aww! my friend told me to get a integ GSR actually

pretty good car, ok milage at this time of expensive gas. mine was manual, my sis stalled on the middle of the intersection and some guy was speeding and bam car was totaled. never trust a girl with a manual car... haha not saying ur a bad driver!!! :rofl:

§é××ïé
03-11-2003, 07:50 PM

pretty good car, ok milage at this time of expensive gas. mine was manual, my sis stalled on the middle of the intersection and some guy was speeding and bam car was totaled. never trust a girl with a manual car... haha not saying ur a bad driver!!! :rofl:

lol thanks, but i'm ok with stick. my ex bf taught me how to drive a manual.

Zephyr
03-11-2003, 07:51 PM

lol thanks, but i'm ok with stick. my ex bf taught me how to drive a manual.

lol it was the other way for me, my x taught me how to drive a stick on her IS300.... and i had another person teach me again and again and again! hahaha :rofl: :rofl:

SI-vic
03-11-2003, 08:35 PM
Why dont you buy something cheap, wait like 4years, work a little bit and buy a BMW or something??

___2PaC___
03-11-2003, 08:48 PM
Buy a used car for 15 G's or less, keep the rest, maybe even invest or somethin, and then late on once you've saved, get a better car!

DAMN YOUR SO LUCKY!

max_boost
03-11-2003, 08:49 PM
Here is an idea....do you work? Income? Cause if you don't make any money, your $30K is going to disappear like dust, gas, insurance, car payments sure adds up!

SI-vic
03-11-2003, 08:55 PM
Here is an idea....do you work? Income? Cause if you don't make any money, your $30K is going to disappear like dust, gas, insurance, car payments sure adds up!

You forgot that by the time she is done High School, Post Secondary Tuition is gonna be higher!
soooo start saving....

§é××ïé
03-11-2003, 08:59 PM
...lol...my grandparents are paying for my insurance....i'm sorta spoiled if you couldnt tell, lol

rsxrsx
03-11-2003, 09:03 PM
...lol...my grandparents are paying for my insurance....i'm sorta spoiled if you couldnt tell, lol

wow...having everything paid for must be nice, i wish i was spoiled like that when i was 16, oh well, maybe nest time...

yeah, i'll say it again, put some away for post secondary education, it just keeps going up

max_boost
03-11-2003, 09:18 PM

Nah, that isn't spoiled.....not even close! haha:rofl:

szw
03-11-2003, 10:02 PM
My advice..examine your situation. I'm assuming your family is pretty well-off..

If you are fairly confident that you will be taken care of either by your family and yourself in a few years and on (ie..education taken care of...place to stay...blah blah blah),...spend like 20k on the car, save the rest.

If you think there is a possibility of being out on your own when you are 18-19, without money from family or anything...spend like 5k on the car save the rest and invest it in something safe.

Of course the smart thing is to invest almost all of it, no motter what...but come on you only live once!

Anyways that's what I'd do..

three.eighteen.
03-11-2003, 10:10 PM

2 years no crashy so far...and i dont even have collision insurance :eek:

finboy
03-11-2003, 11:55 PM

LUDELVR
03-12-2003, 01:13 AM

man your fisrt car was 97 GSR? crap... my first car was a '90 Chev Lumina.... actually it is still my car hehehe 400000km on it

But it is true. your first car will get the crap kicked out of it - by you and others. I think my lumina has at least 2 hit and runs on EVERY panel of the car! :(

hahahah, I remember that car! That thing was :bigpimp: :bigpimp: :bigpimp:

syeve
03-12-2003, 01:24 AM
you could do what everyone else is saying...or...if my parents said here is 30 large go buy a car, dont worry about insurance, we got the shit...I would be out the door, call me oportunistic, but if I had 30 large to spend on a car you be damned right I would spend it. Get a 2002 RSX-S, they are selling them cheap at NW acura...MAX_BOOST is right, its the best car for ~30k.

leather heated racing seats
200hp @ 7400rpm....mmmmm
sunroof
power everything
handles well
SWEET interior

RiceCake
03-12-2003, 01:26 AM
If I was 16 and had $30 G's, I'd definately put that towards tuition and get a used car. Student loans can become killer once you finish school.

There are a lot of good cars out there. Keep your eyes peeled and don't rush into things. Best of luck on whatever you decide though.

§é××ïé
03-12-2003, 01:35 PM
I'm not worried about school or where I am going to live when I turn 18. My parents both said that if I am willing to go to post secondary they will let me live at their house AND they will pay for the school to make sure that I do get a good education. I love my parents, they will go to any extent to make sure that i'm safe and better off. I mean I got kicked out of school last semester for 2 months and my mom gave me 400$ a COURSE to take the two courses that I got kicked out of to make sure I get all my credits.

So therefore, i'm thinking about spending 15,000-20,000 on a car and useing the rest on mods and what not.

rsxrsx
03-12-2003, 01:45 PM

Yes I think del sol's look really nice...but they are slower then hell.

have you heard of VTECH Del Sol's? just asking:confused:

legendboy
03-12-2003, 02:04 PM
If you want any cars at northwest acura, (new or used) I'll help you get a deal, I'm good friends with the sales manager there. I already hooked my cousin up big time on an RSX premium.

trendkill
03-12-2003, 02:39 PM
my car is for sale, 20k, just letting ya know.

gpomp
03-12-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by rsxrsx

have you heard of VTECH Del Sol's? just asking:confused:

Is that one of the new phones? :confused:

T5_X
03-12-2003, 03:15 PM
Invest it, you'll probably regret spending it all right away.

Buy a cheap, fun car so you can learn about modifying it, working on it etc, and learn to appreciate vehicles.

GTS Jeff
03-12-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by rsxrsx

have you heard of VTECH Del Sol's? just asking:confused: whats that?

szw
03-12-2003, 03:24 PM
I'm not worried about school or where I am going to live when I turn 18. My parents both said that if I am willing to go to post secondary they will let me live at their house AND they will pay for the school to make sure that I do get a good education. I love my parents, they will go to any extent to make sure that i'm safe and better off. I mean I got kicked out of school last semester for 2 months and my mom gave me 400$ a COURSE to take the two courses that I got kicked out of to make sure I get all my credits.

So therefore, i'm thinking about spending 15,000-20,000 on a car and useing the rest on mods and what not.

In that case, blow it all on a car! I don't see a point in putting 10-15 thousand bucks of mods onto a 15-20 grand car...i'd rather get a pimpin' 30grand car!

GTS Jeff
03-12-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by szw

In that case, blow it all on a car! I don't see a point in putting 10-15 thousand bucks of mods onto a 15-20 grand car...i'd rather get a pimpin' 30grand car! cuz a 15k car with 15k of mods will spank a stock 30k car....

not to mention that modding in itself is a fun thing.

§é××ïé
03-12-2003, 03:44 PM
cuz a 15k car with 15k of mods will spank a stock 30k car....

not to mention that modding in itself is a fun thing.

ya i want my car to be fast. when i get my car me and my dad will be working on it alot :) and if graham (ancient) isnt busy with his prelude ill ask him for some help every once and awhile maybe.

but in the summer i wont be raceing my car, i told graham he could race it for me so i dont fuck it up, lol.

bksze
03-12-2003, 03:47 PM
from what i've read, i suggest you save all the money, looks like you're going to need it in the future!!!

350hp_or_Bust
03-12-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by bksze
from what i've read, i suggest you save all the money, looks like you're going to need it in the future!!!

yeah to support the bastard child she's gonna have with LUDELUVR someday! :poosie: :rofl: ha ha ...

SI-vic
03-12-2003, 04:10 PM
I'm guessing that if you get into a car accident your parents will pay for that too?
If so then I wouldnt see any reason in saving the money, I'd blow 20G on the car and another 10 on mods.
If you have to spend your own money to fix the car up, I'd save a bit of it for emergencies.

2000impreza
03-12-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by szw

In that case, blow it all on a car! I don't see a point in putting 10-15 thousand bucks of mods onto a 15-20 grand car...i'd rather get a pimpin' 30grand car!

yeah i agree. you can get a car for 15g's and put another 10 in mods and make it what everyone calls "fast". but its still the same piece of shit car that you got for $15g's. IMO a more expensive better car goes a long ways. if "fast" is what you want then you mind as well go buy your self a turbo dodge....

cocoabrova
03-12-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova
For $30 large you can have BOTH of my cars:thumbsup:
:werd: You'll have a summer AND a winter car:thumbsup::D

syeve
03-12-2003, 06:51 PM
I'd go happy medium.(even steven) Spend 25k on a car and 5k on mods...reason being...if you spend 20k on a car and 10 in mods (which is a shit load by the way) you'll never see that money again...trust me, the used aftermarket market is weak at best.
If you spend 25k on a car, get wheels, springs, exhaust, intake (whatever bolts ons you want..header ect.) you will be much happier....and resale for another toy down the road will be much more attainable, and much less painful trying to get your money back from 10k in mods.
just an opinion from someone who has been there.

rsxrsx
03-12-2003, 07:18 PM
whats that?

a phone...so she can call for help

rsxrsx
03-12-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by gpomp

Is that one of the new phones? :confused:

yes, superstore sells it for like 40 bux

Silencer
03-12-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by bol
16 eh...
:bigpimp:

haha

You dirty old man....:D

sml
03-13-2003, 01:48 PM

lol it was the other way for me, my x taught me how to drive a stick on her IS300.... and i had another person teach me again and again and again! hahaha :rofl: :rofl:

hahaha!!! My mind's in the gutter right now, cause somehow I misread your post and saw this instead:

lol it was the other way for me, my x taught me how to drive a stick INTO her.... and i had another person teach me again and again and again! hahaha :rofl: :rofl:

sml
03-13-2003, 02:11 PM
Hey §é××ïé, if you're listening to these people who are telling you to invest your money into a house, GIC, mutual funds, stocks, etc, forget it!!! You may get 10%/yr on a house, 3% on GIC, 5% on mutual funds, and 15% on stocks... With $30k, there's really not much you can do to make it grow... I've got an alternative investment strategy for you that would give you 100-1000% return:

I'd suggest that you keep your $30G and spend it on a gucci handbag or a DKNY purse or a Channel wallet and give yourself a makeover, ie) acne treatments, diet program, breast implants and make yourself look real hot, then score a flithy rich guy who drives a high roller car (MB/BMW class). Now you don't have to waste your own money on things that depreciate like a car AND a guy who's your own personal chauffer who drives you around wherever you want, whenever you want AND he'll probably buy you whatever you want too...

How's that for an investment plan? That's what I'd do if I was a girl... too bad this is Canada, not Thailand! :rofl:

max_boost
03-13-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by sml
Hey §é××ïé, if you're listening to these people who are telling you to invest your money into a house, GIC, mutual funds, stocks, etc, forget it!!! You may get 10%/yr on a house, 3% on GIC, 5% on mutual funds, and 15% on stocks... With $30k, there's really not much you can do to make it grow... I've got an alternative investment strategy for you that would give you 100-1000% return:

I'd suggest that you keep your $30G and spend it on a gucci handbag or a DKNY purse or a Channel wallet and give yourself a makeover, ie) acne treatments, diet program, breast implants and make yourself look real hot, then score a flithy rich guy who drives a high roller car (MB/BMW class). Now you don't have to waste your own money on things that depreciate like a car AND a guy who's your own personal chauffer who drives you around wherever you want, whenever you want AND he'll probably buy you whatever you want too...

How's that for an investment plan? That's what I'd do if I was a girl... too bad this is Canada, not Thailand! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Seriously, that would work.....

GTS Jeff
03-13-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by sml

How's that for an investment plan? That's what I'd do if I was a girl... too bad this is Canada, not Thailand! :rofl: and i wonder where all the gold diggers come from :rolleyes: :banghead: :rofl: :rofl:

SpoonEK9@STRD
03-13-2003, 07:07 PM
Yeah I was thinking about spending 16,000 on a car. But I dunno what I am doing, lol. And thanks Benny! I am 16, lol...and I don't plan on moveing out anytime soon.

Thanks for the feedback though!

its not about moving out... its about freeing up a new house..

put down 30,000 and rent it out, they will pay the house off for you.. then when you want to move out, move in your own house... sweet idea...

i dont really care for that idea...go buy a pimp ass car