PDA

View Full Version : Scariest Movie Ever?

mike_papps
02-12-2006, 12:23 AM
Hey, Got a quick poll. Wondering what the scariest movie ever is. Have a date comming up and the girl can't be scared. says that no scary movies that she has seen has scared her. I wanna make her shit her pants. ( not literally )... but close.. whats the scariest you've seen???

dj_rice
02-12-2006, 12:40 AM
It (Killer clowns are scary)

cityhunter2501
02-12-2006, 01:19 AM
Jaws, Pet Cemetery 1 & 2, Exorcist, Night of the Living Dead (the b&w 1968 version), Dawn of the Dead (original one from George Romero)

Lo)2enz0
02-12-2006, 02:56 AM
i have yet to find one that disturbing enough for me or that will make me jump 2 feet out of my seat

DannyO
02-12-2006, 03:43 AM
Yea, no movies are scary for me know, its because you know there not real, so you can't get scared, all I get is maybe a jump abit if something flashes on the screen real fast (although I'm immune to that now cos of the bullshit internet popup monsters), I think the best scary movies are the ones that could be real, like that new movie "when a stranger calls" could be good, since things like that can happen, but it could end up being shit aswell.

If you REALLY want to get her, ask her what movie she wants to watch beforehand (couple days), something she has seen before and would like to see again, maybe a chick flick or something, then edit it on your computer (then burn to dvd), and about 2/3rds through the movie, edit in one of the popup monsters to come on during say a love scene or a guy looking into some womans eyes, she won't expect THAT, and she will SHIT her pants BIGITME, will work best if you have a bigscreen tv and a good sound system.:thumbsup:

01RedDX
02-12-2006, 04:00 AM

Sorath
02-12-2006, 04:17 AM
CHILDS PLAY

lorenzo
02-12-2006, 04:31 AM
the shining :eek:

Importz
02-12-2006, 05:56 AM
pet smertary 1 for sure....i still get scared watcing it now

Xtrema
02-12-2006, 09:20 AM
I really depends on how old you are and how experience you are with scary movies.

I used to love the Nightmare on Elm street films when I was a kid but I find them lame now.

Most scary movies these either go for gore (SAW, SAW2), supense (Emerily Rose) or lame cliches (all those Japanese imports), hardly scary.

shakalaka
02-12-2006, 09:31 AM
None of the movies ever scared me like. There was not a single movie that i watched and i was like shit I am scared. Too bad for your that your girl doesn't get scared, most other girls out there get scared on lame ass horror movies. I mean Saw and Saw 2 aren't that scary imo, just really gory I guess. So gore could scare people I reckon. Evil dead's?

l8braker
02-12-2006, 10:35 AM
Gigli.

gp36912
02-12-2006, 11:02 AM
^^^^^ owned :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

many "scary" movies just give me a quick jolt, but thats mainly because of the sound or music playing. nothings really that scary though they are fun to watch :P scariest movie i would consider saying the ending of the ring :P i just love that part when she comes out of the tv heheh:P

legendboy
02-12-2006, 04:32 PM
i think the scariest movie i remember seeing was Event Horizon. That one freaked me out lol

Shaolin
02-12-2006, 05:14 PM
I thought What Lies Beneath was a scary movie :dunno:

Lo)2enz0
02-12-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by l8braker
Gigli.

he does have a point there.

Sharpie
02-12-2006, 06:21 PM
Urban Legands freaked me out...

Or how about scary movie 1,2 or 3? haha

soupey
02-12-2006, 08:04 PM
saw 1 and saw 2, both wicked movies....

i thot thirteen ghosts was good, but apparently im on my own on that one.

Sorath
02-12-2006, 08:09 PM
you just wanted to see the zombie chick's tits :P

canadiandaytona
02-12-2006, 08:21 PM
Candyman..not scary but kicks ass.
Only think that has ever made me jump is Playing Silent Hill, Damn crawling Zombies always pop out of no where LOL

CKY
02-12-2006, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by l8braker
Gigli.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I thought house on haunted hill was pretty scary a few years back, but it felt more messed up than scary. So I don't think that'll do the trick for you.

Uhh maybe try some Jap films? Never actually seen any myself but people always say they own the English ones

Godfuader
02-12-2006, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by lorenzo
the shining :eek:
That movie was creepy.

Originally posted by legendboy
i think the scariest movie i remember seeing was Event Horizon. That one freaked me out lol
I totally forgot about that one till now. Definately one of the most chilling moives ever :cry:

FiveFreshFish
02-13-2006, 12:00 AM
The most recent scary movie I saw was Ju-On.

http://www.juonthegrudge.com/

403Gemini
02-13-2006, 12:33 AM

i was about to say this

yup, nothing has ever quite freaked me out like event horizon... well short of zombie movies, but thats due to a recurring nightmare...

Speed_69
02-13-2006, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Shaolin
I thought What Lies Beneath was a scary movie :dunno:
same here..that's the scariest movie i can recall

hockeybronx
02-13-2006, 12:56 AM
The original Exorcist is the scariest movie I've ever seen.

But I've heard the Prequel: Exorcist In The Beginning is even scarier:dunno:

Shrad
02-13-2006, 01:18 AM
The original Dawn Of The Dead wasn't really that scary. The whole 'blue' zombies was kind of... lame. I really like the remake though (Land Of The Dead, on the other hand, sucked)

Thirteen Ghosts wasn't so much a scary/horror film as it was a suspense/thriller. I liked it.

403Gemini
02-13-2006, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
The original Exorcist is the scariest movie I've ever seen.

But I've heard the Prequel: Exorcist In The Beginning is even scarier:dunno:

whoever told you that is a liar ;)

original is MUCH better

and shard, romero wasnt going for "OMFG DECAYING ZOMBIES SO SCARY" effects, just the idea of masses of mindless zombies after you... the unstoppable horde of them, thats what he wanted.

the newer one is nice, but the older one is still a better movie

Teggy2nr
02-13-2006, 06:40 PM
Alien:thumbsup:

brandon
02-13-2006, 06:41 PM

:werd: :werd:

Hakkola
02-13-2006, 06:47 PM
i think the scariest movie i remember seeing was Event Horizon. That one freaked me out lol :werd:

I love this movie, it's so good. Most horror movies that I liked as a kid are just lame now, probably because the effects suck, I used to love Nightmare on Elm street and all those other horror flicks when I was 12, they don't do it for me anymore.

Event horizon was the shit though. :thumbsup: Even if she doesn't find it scary I'm sure she'll enjoy it.

Edit - I just looked at a couple of top 10 horror movie lists and both of them had Seven on the list, I remember that being a good movie.

Nav13
02-13-2006, 08:09 PM
thriller.

403Gemini
02-13-2006, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
:werd:

I love this movie, it's so good. Most horror movies that I liked as a kid are just lame now, probably because the effects suck, I used to love Nightmare on Elm street and all those other horror flicks when I was 12, they don't do it for me anymore.

Event horizon was the shit though. :thumbsup: Even if she doesn't find it scary I'm sure she'll enjoy it.

Edit - I just looked at a couple of top 10 horror movie lists and both of them had Seven on the list, I remember that being a good movie.

sevens a good movie but more suspense than horror.

event horizon, as you said, even if she doesnt get scared, there is actually a plot to fall back on and enjoy watching.

insanely good premise though. ship able to create its own black hole to travel from 1 point to another in the universe, goes missing, shows back up on radar, dispatch crew goes out to check for survivors, finds out ship went to HELL (yes "HELL" ) instead and brought back a devilish prescence which fucks with EVERY Crew members mind... soooo good.

Darkane
02-13-2006, 11:59 PM
Evil Dead 1 was good. Evil dead 2 and Army of Darkness were comedys. Still amazing. not scary. Fire in the sky Creeped me out as a kid..

R!zz0
02-14-2006, 12:34 AM
Long time ago my parents went to Vancouver and i had the place all to myself. I rented Exorcist for the first time with all the lights turned off :eek:
I could not sleep that night and every light in the house was on when i went to sleep. :zzz:

403Gemini
02-14-2006, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by R!zz0
Long time ago my parents went to Vancouver and i had the place all to myself. I rented Exorcist for the first time with all the lights turned off :eek:
I could not sleep that night and every light in the house was on when i went to sleep. :zzz:

freakiest part was directors cut where she comes down the stairs backwards.... *shivers*

DannyO
02-14-2006, 03:10 AM
Did The Exorcist really scare people?, I thought it was really boring, it actually pissed me off, it was banned in England for ages, and my buddy got a copy of it when I was 14, so I borrowed it and watched it at night by myself with lights off, and ended up being pissed as it didn't scare me at all.

Event Horizon was good though :thumbsup: .

Despair*
02-14-2006, 08:46 AM

I thought Event Horizon too was crazy. One of the more ejoybable movies on my list. I made the mistake of putting it into slow motion so I could get a better idea of what was taking place in a few of the parts and some of that shit was pretty messed.

2000_SI
02-14-2006, 09:42 AM
:werd: to Event Horizon, that movie was pretty freaky...

And to the guy that said play Silent Hill, thats actually a realy good idea. Not only are those games pretty scary, they also have a realy good, but twisted, story in them.
I played through Silent Hill 3 with a gf of mine a while agoand she was more scared than I was :D
If you have a ps2, and you think the girl would be cool with it, go for Silent Hill 2, hands down scarier ond more freaky than any movie ive seen, jsut make sure you have the lights off and the music turned up...

3g4me
02-14-2006, 09:51 AM
Scary Movies > The Changeling, Exorcist, The Prowler, the hills have eyes.

Fucked up exploitation films> Cannibal Holocaust (most fucked up shit i have ever seen, and trust me ive seen em all.), I spit on your Grave, last house on the left.

Oh ya and that new final destination movie was pretty gory, but they make you hate the characters so much that your happy when they burn to death at fabutan. lol

legendboy
02-14-2006, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Despair*

I thought Event Horizon too was crazy. One of the more ejoybable movies on my list. I made the mistake of putting it into slow motion so I could get a better idea of what was taking place in a few of the parts and some of that shit was pretty messed.

ahaha I did the same thing, spikes thru the head with brains, razor barb wire wrapped around faces, maggots and all that good stuff :thumbsup:

I seriously think Event Horizon is the scariest movie ever! I've watched it at least 25 times.

Basically simply put: It is the only movie I have ever seen in the theater that I wanted to walk out on cause I was so freaked out lol! I was covering my eyes up and shit :rofl:

I've been hooked since the first time I ever watched it. Defiantly one of my all time favorites!

403Gemini
02-14-2006, 12:27 PM

ahaha I did the same thing, spikes thru the head with brains, razor barb wire wrapped around faces, maggots and all that good stuff :thumbsup:

I seriously think Event Horizon is the scariest movie ever! I've watched it at least 25 times.

Basically simply put: It is the only movie I have ever seen in the theater that I wanted to walk out on cause I was so freaked out lol! I was covering my eyes up and shit :rofl:

I've been hooked since the first time I ever watched it. Defiantly one of my all time favorites!

was one of the first ACTUAL sci-fi horrors.

yes some sci fis are scary (like alien) but this one was genuine horror.

VERY good movie, i saw it in theatres too and it scared the fuck outta me.

skyline19
02-14-2006, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
The most recent scary movie I saw was Ju-On.

http://www.juonthegrudge.com/

+1 for Ju-on. Japanese version of the grudge.

this one owns the english version and i thought even that was scary. Until of course i saw Ju-on and couldnt sleep without my teddy bear for a week.

Event Horizon most definity scared the shit out of me as well.

3g4me
02-15-2006, 03:50 PM
Event horizon was funny.